Chapter 34

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Everything is working out like you planned.” Minki looked over at Kang Dae, who was sitting smug in front of the TV. “Life imprisonment…must .” They were watching Yong Guk being led from the small jail to the van waiting outside. The reporters were swarming and it never made Kang Dae so satisfied.

Kang Dae laughed. “He doubted me when I said I would take everything from him and looked what happened.” He watched as Yong Guk got into the van, waiting to be transported to another prison. “His career, his freedom, and his girl…everything gone.” He took another sip from his wine glass.

He leaned back into his seat and sighed. This was what he was waiting for. His revenge was finally completed and now he can successfully watch Yong Guk suffer. This was what he deserved.

***

I was washing dishes when I heard knocks on the door. I rushed over, Daehyun was supposed to bring back some groceries for dinner and he was so late. Just like him to take his time while someone was waiting for him.

I opened the door so ready to scream his head off. “Daehyun, do you know how long –“

“Noona.”

My heart almost stopped seeing the person in front of me.

I let go of the doorknob and took steps backwards. I must be out of my mind. “Chin Ho?” I placed my hand over my mouth. How was this even possible? They all told me he was dead.

“I’m back.” He took a step forward and I reached for him. I watched them lower his casket into the ground. “It’s really me.” He chuckled.

I touched him to make sure he was real, but there’s no way this was true. “You were – “

“Yeah, dead. I know.” He closed the door behind him. “I’m not a ghost either if that’s your next question.”

“There’s some serious explaining you need to do.” I still haven’t been able to grasp the situation but all I know is that my brother was back and I needed to make sure that I wasn’t going crazy.

***

Yong Guk was scheduled to be moved to another prison and he was being led to the transporting van. He got on and sat down in the back, along with two officers and with the third driving the van.

They pulled away and as soon as they got onto the highway, one of the officers pulled out the key to the handcuffs around Yong Guk’s wrists. He unlocks it and the van stops at the same time.

“We have to make this look legit.” The officer spoke out and Yong Guk watches as the officer turned and gave him the side of his face. “That prosecutor owes me big time for this.”

Yong Guk chuckles and punches him hard. “Hope that didn’t hurt too much.” The officer groans. “This one too.” He pushes the other officer closer to Yong Guk and the second officer looks up in surprise.

“Why do I have to get hit too?” Before the other can answer, Yong Guk punches him in the stomach. “!” He gasped. “You didn’t even give me a warning.” He bends over and holds his stomach.

Yong Guk gets up and kicks the doors hard enough for them to fly open. “Wait, I need a phone.” The officer throws him his phone. “The story is, you stole it.” Yong Guk waves and runs off, making sure to start his mission. He had one person to find and he already knew how to.

***

Yong Guk sat against the building and looked up at the stars. It would only be a few more minutes until Kang Dae would show up and it would all be over. He sighs but tenses immediately upon hearing voices. He moved closer to look from behind the building. It was dark but he could make out three figures.

They walked closer and the voices become louder and clearer.

“Where did you guys hide the body?”

“He should be in the dumpster behind the building.”

They moved closer and Yong Guk decided it was time to come out. “So this is where you hid Ji Ho’s body.” The three figures spun around and looked at Yong Guk shocked.

“The ? You’re supposed to be in jail!” Minki pointed at Yong Guk.

Yong Guk chuckled. “Come on! My escape should have been all over the news.”

“What’s the point of coming here? They’re going to find you soon anyway.” Kang Dae turned entirely around to stand facing him. “You think you can just escape and it would all be over?”

“Of course not, not until I ended things with you.”

Kang Dae laughed. How ridiculous, he had won but Yong Guk came back again. “It’s already over. I got what I wanted! I already made sure you lost everything.” He shook his head at how Yong Guk was acting.

“You didn’t win Kang Dae.”

Kang Dae scoffed. “Think about it Yong Guk. You’re the one that actually lost the fight.”

“No, I didn’t. Look at yourself, look at who you have become.” Kang Dae was so pitiful and it almost made Yong Guk laugh. “You became a killer and a person obsessed with me.” It was true, Kang Dae was so consumed with revenge that he didn’t do anything else but thought about what he should do next to get back at Yong Guk. “Your whole life revolved around me.”

“Shut up.” Kang Dae didn’t want to hear it. He knew he had won. Yong Guk lost everything and now he was labeled a criminal. He was going to suffer for the rest of his life, either in prison or on the run.

“I feel really bad for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter