Chapter 32

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Author’s POV*

Na Ri didn’t know that Yong Guk’s heart broke at that moment. The moment she said that without batting an eyelid and walking away from him. He remained rooted to the ground and he was left speechless. He was suffering from a whirlwind of thoughts when Him Chan walked beside him.

“Give her time. She isn’t in her right mind right now.” Him Chan whispered and tried to comfort his friend.

They have been waiting in the hallway for a few hours now and the red light was still shining bright to let them know that the surgery was still going on. Na Ri’s eyes remained focused on the light. Just waiting for it to turn off.

And when it did, she was right there waiting when the doctor came out. “Can I speak to the Guardian of Kim Chin Ho?”

“I’m right here.” Her eyes begging for him to tell her what she needed to hear.

“Chin Ho’s condition has been stabilized and the bullet was successfully taken out.” I felt a rush of relief.

“Can I see him?”

The nurse walked me to his room and I slowly opened the door. The silence was met with the beeping of the heart monitor and I saw Chin Ho sleeping soundly. I walk over and sat down beside him. It was all better now, I just needed him recover.

***

The entire night, I laid there with my eyes wide open. My thoughts were filled of Chin Ho and I wouldn’t be able to sleep until I can see him awake and laughing. There were knocks on the door and when it was welcomed with silence, it opened.

“Geez, you tell me to knock and I do but you don’t even respond.” Daehyun complained softly. He made his way over but I didn’t feel like responding to him, I was too tired. “When do you want to go visit Chin Ho?” Daehyun asked softly, probably making sure to not hurt me.

“Let’s leave now.”

“Did you even sleep last night?” Daehyun ignored my statement and leaned in closer. He sighs when I don’t respond. “Okay, I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

And like how I told Bang to not show up in front of me, he seemed to be following it well. I didn’t see him all day and it made me feel better. I didn’t want to feel like beating him until all of my anger and problems went away.

Before we left, the TV caught my attention.

“Everyone who is walking outside by themselves late at night, please take caution.” The man continued. “Late last night, a teenager by the name of Chin Ho was seen walking by himself when he was cornered in an alleyway.” What the hell? I stared at the TV in confusion. “After the confrontation, he was shot and was immediately sent to the hospital, so everyone, please take caution.” 

“So that’s what they ended up saying.” Daehyun mumbled to himself and I turned away to head to the hospital. Like I said, I have forgotten about the kind of people I was living with.

***

“Sorry Ms. Kim, there isn’t anyone with the name Kim Chin Ho in the database.” The nurse looked up at me bewildered. “Did you get the wrong hospital?”

“I was just here last night.” I snapped at her. I was impatient, just give me the damn room number so I can go.

“You have to be mistaken, please check it again.” Daehyun jumped in and smiled at the nurse.

She continued looking and I felt myself almost explode. “Forget it, I’ll look for it myself.” I left in a flash and tried to remember where they put special patients. I ran towards the hallway and into each room. There was no sight of Chin Ho anywhere. I grabbed a nearby nurse.

“Please tell me where Kim Chin Ho’s room is.” I frantically asked. Daehyun who had been running after me, pulled me away from the nurse.

“Na Ri, calm down.”

The nurse looked at us strangely. “Kim Chin Ho passed away this morning.” She stated it without any warmth and she didn’t bother to tell me gently.

I felt myself get lightheaded. I clutched my head and stared at her. “No…no, the doctor said that he was fine yesterday.” I grabbed her arm. “You’re lying, where is he?”

“Miss, Kim Chin Ho, the young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter