Chapter 31

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was restless. My mind was working a thousand miles per hour and different scenarios were popping up in my head. Tons of unanswered questions continued to stress me out but I decided I shouldn’t be concerned with that. Right now, I only hope for the safety of Chin Ho above all else.

We were all in the study and the boys called from resources to more resources but nothing has come up yet. I placed my head onto the desk and the sounds around me drowned away. I just needed a second to gather myself or I was going to fall apart.

What was Chin Ho going through right now? Are they doing the same things to him like they did to me? How much would they hurt him?

I couldn’t lose Chin Ho. The last time Kang Dae held me captive, he intended to kill me. I couldn’t let him take Chin Ho away from me.

“Na Ri.”

I looked up to see an exhausted Bang look down at me. “I’m okay.” I answered his silent question. He looked upset and I didn’t want to hear him say that they couldn’t find anything yet. “I’ll go make everyone tea.” I offered.

After gathering all the cups onto a tray, I made my way up to the room. Everyone looked at me in concern and I sent a little smile to calm their nerves. “Come have tea.” Without words, they walk over and grab a cup.

The boys turned back to get back to work but Bang remained. He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head against his shoulder. “It hurts me to see you like this.” He spoke into my hair.

“I’m trying.” I trusted Bang. If he found me, he can find Chin Ho. I was sure of it. He wrapped his arms tighter around me and I closed my eyes. “I trust you.” I whispered and he pulled my face up and stared me straight in the eyes.

“Good. I need you to trust me from here on out.” I nodded but I couldn’t help but feel slightly confused. Why did Bang look so desperate to me? I didn’t know what I was missing. He leaned in and gave me a soft peck and my doubts went away. He let go and smiled down at me sincerely. “I need to get back to work, go sit down.”

He walked away and Jun Hong came and took his spot. “Noona, come on. You look tired.” Jun Hong walked me over to the desk and sat me down. I rested my head on it again and before I knew it, I fell into a slumber.

When I awoke, their expressions didn’t look any better and that’s not what I wanted to see. Everyone was exhausted and I was tired waiting, waiting for Bang to carry out his promise. I left the study and went into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and I couldn’t recognize the face. When I did I lose so much hope? I already looked like I have given up.

I slowly slumped to the floor and let the emotions overtake me. Frustration, anger, and confusion were all I felt. Why were we the ones that had to go through this? Why is it taking forever to find him? Why did we deserve this?

I rested my head in my hands and my body shook. The door slowly opened and I felt arms wrapped around me, pulling me into warmth. 

“Shh, why are you crying?” Bang whispered. “I’m going to find him so don’t give up yet.” I clutched his shirt and continued to cry. I closed my eyes, wishing it would all go away. For me to return to my old life and for Chin Ho to be here.

***

When I awoke, I woke up feeling the couch under my body and to hear cheering. The boys run over to me and grab my face so I would focus on them.

“We’ve found him!” They cheered.

My body snapped up. “Really?”

They nodded their heads and all I thought about was that I could finally bring Chin Ho back safe and sound.

“Let’s get him back.” Youngjae grabbed my hand and pulled me outside to meet Bang.

“Where is Na Ri going?” He looked at everyone confused. He wanted me to stay back but there was no way I’m sitting here and waiting.

“I’m coming with you.”

“You’re staying here.”

“Don’t make me stay here.” I looked at him pleading. I was so close to losing my sanity.

Bang looked at me torn. “You stay beside me the whole time, do you hear me?” I nodded and he held my hand all the way to the car.

***

They were definitely waiting for us. The people led us inside and there he was, looking all smug and like he knew we were going to show up at that time. Like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter