Chapter 26

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since that night. Bang had been avoiding me and I haven’t seen him anywhere. He was either gone from the house to work at the company or he was locked in his study where he told everyone to leave him alone.

Maybe he was embarrassed that we saw him in that state that night. But, it was nothing to be ashamed of. Then I thought back to when he told me about his sister. Why did he have nightmares about her? The whole thing didn’t make sense, the boys never mentioned her and I didn’t see or hear anything about her either the entire time I had been staying here.

Besides that, I have been behaving myself. I didn’t leave the house once since that incident. I haven’t even gotten permission to leave the house to visit halmeoni either. Bang wasn’t around for me to ask so I thought it would be best to just stay quiet and call the hospital from time to time to ask about her. Unfortunately, she hasn’t woken up yet and the need to see her only grew.

***

“Let’s go.” Daehyun walked into my bedroom just as I left the bathroom.

“Hey! How can you just walk in like that?” I scolded him.

He clicked his tongue. “What do you have to hide anyway?” 

“What do you want?” I asked through my annoyance. 

“Don’t you want to go see halmeoni?” He tilted his head and I gave him a confused look.

“I can?”

Daehyun nodded. “Yup, Yong Guk hyung told me this morning I can take you but we have to bring Jong Up also.”

I nodded and rushed to grab my clothes from my closet. “I’ll meet you downstairs.” 

***

“Hey Daehyun, why is Jong Up following us in a different car?” I looked at the rearview mirror and saw the black Honda Pilot directly behind us.

“Don’t worry about it.” Daehyun answered shortly.

“What are you guys hiding from me?”

“What makes you think we are?” He looked straight ahead and refused to look at me.

“Then why couldn’t you look at me when you said that?” I leaned over closer to his face.

He cleared his throat and looked at me from the side. “I prefer to only look at pretty things.”

I sighed loudly. That sharp tongue of his never disappoints. “Just tell noona what has been going on.” I tried to approach him gently.

“Ew, don’t use noona.”

I smacked his head and he looked at me in surprise. “Hey! I’m driving!”

“I’m older than you, so be more respectful. Now tell me what you all have been hiding from me. Bang got so angry at me a week ago and he even had that really bad nightmare so don’t think I’m dumb enough to not notice that something is up.”

“Fine!” Daehyun cracked and I knew he would be the one to. “There is something but even so, I can’t tell you.” Daehyun disappointedly kept his mouth shut. “You’ll only get scared if I told you.”

“Him Chan said the same stupid thing!” I was at my limit. “So you think I’m not scared right now?” I asked in disbelief. “You all have a weird way of thinking.” I folded my arms and looked out the window. I have never dealt with so many fools at once in my life.

***

“Are you going to come in?” I looked at Jong Up who stood beside the door. He shook his head and Daehyun tried to push me into halmeoni’s room. I kept my feet on the ground and looked around and noticed people were looking at us strangely. “Hey, you’re attracting too much attention.”

“Just leave him.” Daehyun tried to push me again but I pushed back into him.

“Jong Up, I would really like to introduce you to someone, so stop standing there like you’re some type of bodyguard and come inside.” I snapped at him.

“I don’t want to be associated with anyone you know.” He answered coldly. I knew he was still upset, he didn’t want me distracting Bang in any way and my disappearance was considered distracting, but it’s because he didn’t understand.

When he didn’t budge, I grabbed his arm and pulled him in instead. I shut the door and locked it so he couldn’t leave. I gave him a look and nodded my head over to the bed. The room was filled with the familiar beeping sound that I was used to hearing. I walked over and sat down beside the bed.

I paused and started to speak. “Jong Up, I’m sure you’re the one that wonders the most about where I went a few weeks ago.”

“Not really.” He answered curtly without even trying to listen to what I have to say.

I continued anyway. “I know you think I’m stubborn, annoying, and a huge distraction.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him over so he can see halmeoni. “But, she doesn’t have anyone on her side, don’t you think that’s sad?” I looked up at Jong Up who continued to stay quiet. “Her kids abandoned her, so she deals with her illness alone. Don’t you think that’s depressing?”

There was no answer and I sighed.

“Jong Up, she was the reason why I disappeared last week.” He looked down at me but I couldn’t read his expression. “I don’t do anything without reason.” I let go of his hand and I turned back to halmeoni. “I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t go see her.”

“Why do you bother explaining?” Jong Up asked quietly.

“Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter