Chapter 2

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning.” I greeted the a passing nurse while I made my way towards my patient’s room. With a knock on the door to notify my presence, I open the door slowly and wide enough to poke my head in. “Good morning.” I smile at the old woman who was sitting up in her hospital bed. A nurse was trying to give her a shot but couldn’t due to her fussing.

The old woman looks up upon hearing my voice. “Good thing you’re here, Na Ri. Tell her to get that damn thing away from me.” She pulls her arm away from the nurse’s grips.

“Please sit still, I need to give you this shot.” The nurse pleaded with the patient.

With a chuckle, I walk over to the side of the bed. “You can leave. I'll take care of it.”

The nurse sighs in relief. “Thanks, Na Ri.” She quickly gives me the needle and shuts the door behind her when she leaves.

“I don’t want any more shots.”

“Halmeoni, if you take the shot, you’ll get better quickly.”

She eyes me suspiciously. “That’s what you guys have been telling me since two weeks ago.”

I look at her and feign surprise. “What do you mean? If you didn’t struggle and took your shots on time, then you would have gotten better.” I grin at her while I put on rubber gloves.

She sat there and thought for a moment. And not before long, she voluntarily gives me her arm.

Seeing the change in attitude, I offered her a smile. “There, isn’t that better?” After gently carrying out my task, I go on to clean everything up.

“You know, you’re the only one I allow to give me shots.” She looked at me and stated matter-of-factly.

“Of course I do. So, tomorrow at same time, I’ll come give you a shot.”

Agreeably, she nodded. “Fine.”

“I have to check on some other patients but, I’ll come back to play with you after I'm done.” I send a quick wave and head out into the hall.

****

I sigh and lean over the front desk to ease the slight aches in my legs and back.

“Tired?” Nurse Eun Ae asked me and chuckled. I hum a response. I have been running around all day and my feet were starting to hurt. Not to mention, I then had to come back and keep Halmeoni company, she was old but God, did that woman have a lot of energy.

While I was busy recovering, Eun Ae kept her attention on the television screen hung up on the opposite wall.

“Look at that, he’s been gaining a lot of attention lately.” She motions for me to look at the screen. Facing the TV, I read the caption that went along with the short video. “Bachelor Bang Yong Guk taking over Bang Industries?”

His name has been everywhere for a while.

“It seems his dad passed away and he has to take over the car manufacturing business.” Eun Ae continued, her eyes still focused what was transpiring. “I’m sure a lot of girls are inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter