Chapter 10

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What was the first thing I saw when we opened the front door?

“You’re back.” Bang stood waiting with his arms folded upon his chest. He didn’t even give me time to breathe because of his awfully sharp timing. “What took you so long?”

I held my tongue. What can I say to not piss him off exactly?

“The act of driving itself?” I said back, trying to make it not sound snarky, but it was. I knew he was holding back by the way he pressed his lips into a thin line and used his finger to motion me to sit down at the couch.

I took a seat and looked up at him. “Tonight, we have to go to the East club for some business and you’re coming along.” I sit up straight and open my mouth to protest when he cut me off. “That’s final.”

“Look, I really don’t want to be there when you shoot another person, it gives me nightmares, my body and mind just can’t - "

“You’re going to be there.” Bang cut me off once again and I begin to feel so frustrated.

I can’t believe he made me come back for this. “What happened to listening to what I want?” I asked exasperatedly. “You said that whatever I wanted as long as I didn’t leave this damn house, wasn’t it?” This time no one tried to stop me since it was only me, Daehyun, and Bang in the living room. And God forbid for the boy to even try stepping in between Bang and I.

Bang stood there for a second and watched me wallow in irritation until he couldn’t take it anymore. “Do you think you can say no if I really wanted you to go? Do you think you can always actually do what you want?” He asked me and I scoffed.

“This is - what is your problem? You don’t have power over me.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I do.” He simply answered and I blew my top.

“Stop trying to control me!” Didn’t he understand that I don’t like being talked to that way and that all of our arguments revolve around that fact. He clenched his jaw from anger. Before he could yell at me again, the front door opened.

“It’s all prepared.” Him Chan said before stopping in his tracks and groaning. “Ugh, are you seriously doing what I think you’re doing?” Him Chan directed the question at me. The other boys filed in after him and Jun Hong gave me that warning look again.

I will never win. I gave Bang a final glare before turning around and heading upstairs.

“Where do you think you’re going!” Bang yelled after me.

I didn’t turn around to look at him and yelled back. “Locking myself in the room!” I fasten my pace and shut the door behind me before falling into the bed. “And I want my old bed back!” I yelled into the air.

***

After hours of contemplating on how I could kill Bang in his sleep and escape, knocks on the door broke me from my wishful thoughts. The door slowly opened to reveal the young intruder. “Noona?” Jun Hong poked his head in and saw my lifeless form on my bed.

I didn’t answer and he steps in and closes the door behind him. “Jun Hong, I really don’t want to see anyone right now.”

He ignored me and went over to sit down. “You know you still haven’t cleaned the mess up.” He hinted at the shards of glass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter