Chapter 27

You & I Spell Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks passed and no one at home heard any news from Sungmin. Everyone was worried They couldn’t get in contact with him or the professors that he was with. Turns out they don't even exist, neither does the research project or training. “Guys, the semesters gonna start soon so maybe he’ll come back soon?” Kangin suggested. He and Leeteuk had their flight booked for the weekend before school started. They wanted to see Sungmin before they left but it seemed impossible with the way they couldn’t reach him. Hangeng was worried about Sungmin’s safety but he was more worried about Kyuhyun’s sanity. Kyuhyun had been betrayed once before and a second betrayal was not what he needed.

Hangeng was very confused with what was going on in Kyuhyun’s head. Kyuhyun was mostly quiet, he was always thinking and rarely spoke. It was definitely different from the first time it happened. The last time someone walked out of Kyuhyun's life, he threw a fit and he wasn't calm at all. He coped with the loss differently, he definitely wasn't as passive as he is now. Hangeng tried to figure out what was going on in his head. 

Kyuhyun sat in his shared room with Sungmin, his phone hadn't left his hand. He never put it on silent, in case Sungmin ever called. Where is he? Kyuhyun would think multiple times a day. Isn’t his body weak? Why do they always leave? One minute you think someone loves you and the next minute they’re gone into thin air. I knew something was up. He wasn’t cuddling with me, he even gave me attitude that one day. He hates me but yet I'm sitting here waiting for him. Why do they always leave? Kyuhyun cried once again.

He went to the bathroom to wash his face and start the day, as it was morning. He saw his reflection in the mirror and it horrified him. He couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep, resulting in dark circles around his eyes. He fell to the ground, he felt pathetic. When he finally got a hold of himself, he stormed out of the bathroom and called Changmin. 

“Hey, whats up? You wanted to talk?” 

“Min, that day, you told me that the way he looks at me is only possible if he loves me. Then why did he leave?” Kyuhyun asked without briefing Changmin

“Kyuhyun, pause, what even happened?” Changmin questioned through the phone

“He’s gone, Sungmin is gone. He told us he was going for a two-week training thing and he never came back. It’s been three weeks since he left, he hasn't called anyone, there's no trace of him.” Kyuhyun told 

“Kyuhyun, you know I don’t hide the truth from you and I have no reason to beat around the bush. This is all your fault. If you hadn’t bullied him or denied your feelings for him he wouldn’t have left. All you had to do was say that you loved him.” 

“Min you know that it’s not easy for me to say that,” Kyuhyun replied, sighing 

“Kyuhyun, I’m not here to tell you how to live your life but you really need to depart from your past. You can’t live like a playboy forever, and you already have someone who loves you, the last relationship you were in, do you even think about it anymore? Does it still hurt? It doesn't right? Because you're in love with Sungmin. It's time you realized your feelings Kyu. Take the time now to reflect. That way, when he comes back you can be honest with him.” Changmin said. 

Kyuhyun thought a lot about what Changmin said. I love him. 

__

Eunhyuk, on the other hand, contemplated a lot of things. He was suspicious and when he asked Kyuhyun if they'd ever done anything without protection, the way Kyuhyun blushed and avoided his graze only confirmed Eunhyuk's suspicions. Sungmin was pregnant. The day he hugged Sungmin he knew that the way his stomach felt was not a beer belly, there was something different about it. Eunhyuk even caught Sungmin eating weird combinations of foods every once in a while these past few days. What really convinced him was when he saw Sungmin's stomach the day before he left. Eunhyuk knew he needed to do something, he didn't want Kyuhyun to miss out on being there for Sungmin and their unborn child. 

—- 

The first few days at their new home were busy. They had to unpack and set everything up in their small apartment. It took about a week for them to get settled in, greet the neighbors and get used to the neighborhood. One day, as Sungmin and Sungjin were eating fruit after work, Sungmin decided that he would figure out what lead up to their parent's death. “Sungjin-ah, I don’t mean to bring up bad memories but do you remember what happened during the accident?” 

“The accident that put me in a coma? Yeah I remember it” Sungjin started 

“It was winter break and we were planning to take a trip. It was really slippery outside and Dad lost control of the wheel, and while we were okay, an oncoming drunk driver slipped as well and hit us.” He paused 

“The police came in shortly after, the drunk driving girl was found dead on the spot. We were all taken to the hospital but I think they pronounced them dead on the spot.” Sungjin finished. Both brothers sat in silence, basking in their reality. Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter