Chapter 25

You & I Spell Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin woke up with the need to throw up, after emptying out his insides, he noticed Kyuhyun wasn’t there. He pouted but realized that Kyuhyun probably had an early class. 

Sungmin made his way to the living room only to realize that it wasn’t morning yet. He checked the clock and saw that it was around 5 am. Sungmin heard voices in the living room and was confused as to who would be awake at such an early time. It certainly couldn’t be Kyuhyun, he was probably gaming in the game room. 

“No Changmin ah, I told you, I don’t love him.” 

What?

“I’m just doing this because my parents forced me into this” 

At this point Sungmin wasn’t thinking, his tears brimmed his eyes 

“Why? Because if I make him like me I can easily make him cancel the agreement he has with my parents and then I’ll divorce him and I won’t lose a penny” 

Sungmin was devastated, how could he have fallen for Kyuhyun and believed that they were in love? 

“No, but really Min...” Sungmin left and could no longer hear the conversation. 

He went to the bathroom in his shared room with Kyuhyun and cried. He cried silently until he threw up again and then cried more because of the pain, emotionally and physically. Sungmin pulled himself together and left for school without anyone noticing. He went to his classes and during his break, he went to the library to study for his final exams. Of course, Sungmin was hurt but he couldn’t let his grades suffer all because he found out the truth. And so he continued like that for two whole weeks. When his finals were over, he went and visited Sungjin, hoping that his brother would wake up soon. 

“Sungjin-ah, Hyung has news for you,” Sungmin said sadly 

“Sungjin, please, please wake up. I’m so hurt and broken right now, I don’t know what to do. He turned out to be an ” Sungmin broke out in quiet sobs, “He wasn’t in love with me, he was faking it” he continued. “Sungjin please, wake up soon, I need to get away from here.” He knew that Sungjin wouldn't wake up just because he cried for him to. He had done that for days when he first found out about Sunjin's condition. But he cried anyway, knowing that this was the only place where he could reveal his insecurities and be vulnerable. 

Sungmin cried for an hour and then after calming himself, he went home. On the bus ride home, he began thinking. 

As long as Sungjin wakes up before my seventh month begins, both of us can leave Korea and go to Japan. But if he doesn’t wake up by then, then I’ll move to another part of this country. Stupid Kyuhyun, stupid me. Why didn’t I think his change in behavior was strange? Why he never told me he loved me, why he never wore his ring or kissed me? Why didn’t I think it was strange that he never showed any affection towards me aside from occasionally saying something nice here and there. Ah, my heart is in too much pain, this definitely isn’t good for the babies. Oh my god the babies. If Kyuhyun thinks I’m a burden then he’ll want me to get rid of the babies. Sungjin please wake up, I have to save my unborn children. 

A few weeks of summer break went by and Sungmin got a call from the hospital. 

“Hello?” He answered expectantly 

“Hi, Lee Sungmin?” 

“Yes this is him speaking” 

“Hi, I’m just calling to confirm that you have your monthly appointment today at noon, congrats on entering your seventh month” 

“Thank you, I’ll be in around that time.” 

Sungmin got up and looked at himself in the full body mirror in his room. He had been doing this a lot recently. His baby bump was there but it wasn't completely visible, especially since Sungmin always wore baggy clothing no matter where he went. He smiled, rubbing his stomach, he knew that something good was going to happen today. All in all, he was excited to get to see his babies and to learn the gender of his unborn children. Sungmin was getting ready to leave, as he wanted to make it to the doctor's office fifteen minutes early. He was in the bathroom when he got another phone call. Recognizing the phone number to be the doctor who was treating his brother, he quickly picked it up. 

“Hello, Sungmin speaking,” He said 

“Hi, Sungmin-Shi, this is nurse Han speaking. I’m calling to inform you that your brother, the patient Lee Sungjin, has woken up.” She tried to say it as calmly as possible but couldn’t hold back her excitement for her patients family. 

“I’ll be in around 1 pm, is it okay for me to visit?” 

“Yes, that’s a good time.” 

Sungmin cheerfully went to the living room and found Donghae and Eunhyuk cuddling 

“You guys are so cute, sometimes it makes me wanna gag!” Heechul said to them. Sungmin laughed, he was a bit envious of them. How much he craved for his husband to love him. No! he shook his head, frowning at himself.  Get a hold of yourself Sungmin, the man thinks of you as a burden, if you love him let him go. 

"Hyung! You and Hangeng Hyung aren't any better!" Donghae tackled back, to which Heechul pouted, "Sungminnie, do you see how mean Hae is being to me?" Sungmin chuckled at Heechul's words. 

“Oh, where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked, stepping out of the kitchen with a bag of chips. Sungmin almost frowned but he controlled his emotions, he had to pretend that he wasn’t hurting inside. 

“Nothing Kyuhyunnie, I have to meet with a professor about an internship opportunity, wish me luck” He lied 

“What, why is this the first time I’m hearing of this” Kyuhyun frowned, coming closer to Sungmin.

 “Well, if you didn’t always come to bed with your PSP maybe I’d have told you” he rolled his eyes, shocking Kyuhyun with the change in attitude, but Kyuhyun didn't pay more attention to it. 

“Anyways, see you later, I’ll probably be out till late” he kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek before Sungmin c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter