Hired...by SM??

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Foreword:

Heya, hope you enjoy chapter 1! Just pretty much setting the scene, used Kris's pre-debut picture because this is what you will be seeing for a while with your encounters with him until the transformation. This goes for all the other trainees as well, ENJOY!

----------------------------------------------------------

‘Ahhhh’ You woke up from your nap and let out a nervous breath; tapping the armrest of your seat in the airplane flying towards Korea and listening to the K-pop playlist on your phone to calm your nerves.

This was it; a huge opportunity and new beginning in the country you'd always wanted to go to: working for the biggest entertainment company in the industry; SM entertainment.

It had been a joke when you applied in the UK: your best-friend India who was a fellow Kpopper pushed you towards applying for SM due to an advertisement online you both had read stating the company desired to recruit foreigners as part of a management programme as long as they knew the language; lucky for you, your love of Korea drove you to learn the language pretty much fluently, so you could watch your beloved dramas and variety shows without the need for subtitles. 

A year prior to applying, you had travelled to China on a school trip and fell in love with the language instantly; giving you no choice but to join an intensive language course every day after school for about 2 months, which proved very beneficial; as your application had been approved due to your multi-linguistic abilities. Of course your parents were concerned the whole time throughout your school life that you were shirking away proper school work for languages and kpop, but this application acceptance helped prove them wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------

'Ho-ly crap…I got offered a job' You muttered checking your e-mail with India next to you, disbelief evident in your voice.

'OH. MY. DAYS THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! _______, - YOU HAVE TO, HAVE TO ACCEPT.’ India squealed in your bedroom.

'But - but I didn't even tell my parents and now - I have to fly halfway across the world to actually do this??' You retorted reading the acceptance e-mail over and over again.

'______, you will get to see Shinee, and Super Junior, and all the rest - you HAVE TO DO THIS!' India squealed once more, taking the laptop to read the e-mail properly. 

'Well, the pay doesn't seem that good.' You mumbled unblinking.

'Yeah but, I’m pretty sure seeing the idols is half the payment then and there!’ India retorted still on a high.

'True that. God…how I am not computing this - this is so awesome!' You said, realization finally hitting you like a ton of bricks – this was such a once in a lifetime opportunity.

'Hell yeah! Your parents will deffo think this is a great idea - you wanted to pursue management anyway, so why not manage an idol group in the meantime - IF YOU GET ASSIGNED TO SHINEE ______, I WILL LITERALY DIE.' India’s enthusiasm was spilling over the top – her excitement brought you to a new high.

Both of you were massive Shinee fans right from the start of their debut, however your ultimate group just had to be YG's BigBang since their personalities and music was on another level.

'Wait what does this say - you will be the personal assistant to an…UNNAMED NEW BOY GROUP - THIS IS CONFIDENTIAL AND IF YOU, BLAH BLAH BLAH boring bit in the e-mail, skip that; ______ THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE YOU ARE GOING TO FIND OUT WHO DEBUTS NEXT FROM SM WAAAHHH!!! Are they going to be our age!? y new boys oh my God!!!' India once again spiralled into a whole monologue, working herself up into a flustered state, but you just nodded, feeling so buzzed over what was to come. You kept your mouth shut, trying to hold in the excitement that was bursting to come out. 

Why not

This would be a whole new experience.

Of course it was sad having to leave your sister (who was not a kpop fan) and your parents, but opportunities like this did not drop out of the sky. 

-------------------------------------------------

Of course once you had accepted; your dad read through the contract to make sure everything seemed alright and you weren't selling your soul to the company - he gave you the thumbs up: 

'Well you'll be an assistant to the managers taking care of this group, and you'll have to go to whichever country they have to go to, and you'll have to stay in their dorm which I’m not liking the sound of - but at least that's free accommodation!' Your dad chuckled slapping you on the back merrily.

'Uh yeah...living with boys...great.' It would be a very weird experience - you didn't have a brother so you didn't know what on earth it would be like and what to expect.

----------------------------

In the airplane you continued drumming your fingers - it was so weird how you had been brought into this whole new kpop world…

It was your Korean friend who dragged you into it in middle school: she had won two tickets to see SM town in France and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter