A Human Savior

Let Me Keep You

Subscribe | Upvote | Comment


 

 

A Human Savior

Kyungsoo loved the outdoors.

Wait, no. He had to reiterate himself better. He loved the unpolluted outdoors.

He loved the crisp taste of the whimsical breeze that carried a different brew of fresh, nature-laden scents every time. He loved the thrum of life and energy that he could feel deep within his bones. He loved the emerald and umber and azure that assaulted his retinas when he stepped outside his castle. And no matter how much he should hate the sun, he didn’t. He loved how the sun provided a perpetual source of vitalizing light that sunk into his cold, smooth skin, but the rays never affected his pigment or body temperature.

Well, of course not. He’s a vampire.

As a vampire, Kyungsoo hardly ever got to play outside. Usually he wasn’t allowed one step past the castle’s threshold. In return, he would stare wistfully outside his window, yearning to run across the grassy fields in the spring or planes of snow in the winter. But, during those rare occasions when he did have permission to leave the castle walls was because he had to train his Gift out in the middle of nowhere.

You see, Kyungsoo required lots and lots of space in order to practice his Gift. His Gift was the earth itself. (Amazing, right?) He could pound it, mold it, decimate it—anything! The young vampire had tons of fun making his own homemade miniature earthquakes, but refrained most of the time when his mother chided him, saying that he shouldn’t disturb the peace around them.

So, here he was. Located deep within a dense forest, aimlessly lounging around in a clearing, blankly staring up at the evening sky. Yeah, it was early evening. His parents hated it when he or his younger brother were exposed during the so-called ‘sunlight hours’ (but Kyungsoo really liked the sun).

Speaking of a younger brother, that little munchkin was out here somewhere, too. Playing hide-and-seek?

“Sehunnieeeeeee!” sang the owl-eyed boy. “Where are you?”

Kyungsoo’s ears prickled when he heard the faint sound of leaves rustling—disturbed by running, he deduced—and muffled giggling. He picked it up somewhere eastward.

The vampire boy whined playfully, “Sehunnie! Come out! I don’t like playing hide-and-go-seek! You always blast me with your wind before I can catch you!”

“Too bad, Kyungie!” laughed a young, chiming voice from the shadow of the trees. Childish and carefree.

The older one pouted and scuffed his leather shoe on the grass. He didn’t want to mess around with his sneaky younger brother because that brat always won (and damaged Kyungsoo’s nonexistent pride). So, instead, he decided to explore the wilderness, seeing no harm in that because the guards always disappeared out of his scent range, and Sehun would most likely find something else to amuse himself with. Hopefully no one would notice his wandering and catch him beforehand.

Now sporting a gleeful smile, Kyungsoo happily tromped off. To where, he didn’t know. That was the exciting part. Not knowing where you went made it an adventure. Kyungsoo didn’t know what an adventure was actually like, but he read about it in books and wanted to experience it himself. Right now was the prime opportunity.

The small vampire slipped into the cover of the trees, the stealthy shadows blanketing the colors of nature. Since the sunset was almost near, only pinpricks of orange-yellow light illuminated the way through the chinks and niches past the forest's canopy. It wasn’t like Kyungsoo was in dire need of light—he was a vampire for Heaven’s sake! He had night vision.

I wonder where I’m going? he pondered to himself. His chest bubbled up with anticipation. I hope I find something cool! Like a...a...new world or something! Then he added onto his train of thoughts, Maybe I’ll find a human city like the one Minseokie talks about. I’ve never been to a human city.

Destination confirmed, Kyungsoo was determined to find a city bustling with humans. He wanted to at least take a glimpse of one before he was locked up in that stuffy (can a castle be stuffy?) castle again. He loved the notion of freedom and wandering. It was new, and exciting. He wasn’t afraid. Not at all.

And therefore, Kyungsoo continued on with his adventure.

 

...

 

“Alright! That’s a wrap! Tomorrow’s class will be the same time as usual! See you then!”

“’Kay!” rang back the commotion of replies. A couple of dance students took a moment to take a well-deserved breather, sweat soaking every available inch of their skin. Other students were eager to leave, quickly packing up their stuff and chatting loquaciously with their buddies.

One student was different than his fellow classmates, obvious by his quiet disposition and reserved posture. He idled in the corner of the studio, hovering over his duffel bag as he dabbed himself with a towel, his rich tan skin glistening with a sheen of sweat. He fished out his water bottle and took a big, greedy gulp—a trickle of water dribbling down his masculine jaw.

Two girls from afar were shamelessly ogling at him, and swooned at such an appealing sight. They whispered to themselves, smitten.

“Well, go on, ask him.”

“No, I can’t. He’ll reject me like every other person who tried.”

“You can’t be for sure until you try. So, try.”

The brunette nudged her blonde friend forward encouragingly. The blonde yelped and stumbled over her own two feet. She nervously patted down her hair and straightened out her dance outfit. She slowly and carefully approached the tan-skinned boy idling in the corner. His duffel bag was slung over his lean, tall body, and he was combing out his wavy-tipped hair with his fingers.

“E-excuse me? Jongin?”

Jongin, the tan-skinned boy, glanced her way expressionlessly. The girl’s knees went weak at the sight of dark, soul- brown orbs. Her heartbeat accelerated a mile a minute.

“Um...” She tried to dredge up the right words to start off the conversation, considering Jongin didn’t look like he was going to say anything at all.

“Your dancing was awesome today!” she blurted out mindlessly, then reddened like a cherry. “N-not like you don’t dance awesome every day!” She chuckled skittishly. “I was just trying to imply that, uh...” She faltered lamely and blushed a deeper shade of red.

The brunette slapped her face at her friend’s failed line-starter.

“...What do you want?”

The deep, smooth roll of words was absolutely sensual. The blonde blinked, almost forgetting why she approached the solitary young man.

“Oh! M-me? I-I just wanted to see if-if you would like to go out—”

“Sorry,” Jongin clipped in curtly, shouldering his duffel bag as if to test its weight. “I’m busy.”

Beaten down instantly, the girl drooped her shoulders dejectedly. “Oh, okay. S-sorry for disturbing you.”

“It’s fine,” he grunted and took his cue to leave, brushing past the crestfallen girl without a second glance. The brunette ran up to console her rejected friend, laying a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“I guess that was expected. No one has ever seen Kim Jongin date.”

“Y-yeah,” sniffled the blonde sadly.

Exiting the dance studio’s building, Jongin was greeted by a cold, breezy night with a starless sky.

One thing I hate about the city, he thought ruefully, you can’t see the stars from here.

The chilly air was a nice pain reliever to his clammy skin and sore body, so he didn’t shrug on his jacket. Even though night had fallen, the city was still alive with noise and animation. Roads were congested with speeding cars, and the sidewalks were swarmed with faceless people. Everyone just wanted to head home after a long day of work or head out for dinner or a date. Jongin was inclined to the former. As a senior in high school with a decent-paying job and his own flat rented out by his parents, he was in no rush to head home or for anything else. He lived alone and no one dared to interrupt his life unless he welcomed you in with open arms (which was a fat chance).

Jongin’s stomach rumbled and he inwardly grimaced. He didn’t eat much prior and today’s vigorous dance routine burned too many calories. He sighed. Looks like he had to drop by a fast food restaurant before heading home since he couldn’t cook even if his life depended on it.

 

...

 

A foul, unfamiliar scent assaulted Kyungsoo’s nose. It was revolting—he didn’t like it. It tasted icky and gross. Too pungent. He wanted to barf, but hated doing the despicable, image-marring action so refrained himself. He continued to trudge on. The grass thinned out and metamorphosed into gritty asphalt. Where was he? He could smell the distinct, dry odor of concrete and other disgusting things. Oh, and there were sounds. An awful cacophony of it. Not gentle and light like the air in the wilderness.

Was this the big city? If so, Minseok forgot to mention how atrocious everything was.

But the little vampire was not deterred. He was so close to his goal. And, by now, his family would notice his absence. He had to hurry.

 

...

 

The bells of the door jiggled when Jongin exited the fast food restaurant. He was stuffed with burgers, fries, and a milkshake. That should hold him for the night. If not, he had some ramen at home he could whip up.

Turning the street corner, Jongin slipped on his jacket as he coolly ambled down the sidewalk. He passed by still-opened stores whose lights blared out onto the dim, ugly streets. He adjusted his duffel bag that hit his thigh as he walked, and boredly glanced at his surroundings.

Strangers shrugged past him, minding their own business. Large billboard signs advertised the latest trend. Streetlamps were brightly aglow, illuminating a hideous yellow color.

His footsteps stalled into a halt, pausing in front of a music store’s display window. A poster about a new CD release caught his eye.

Chanyeol would’ve liked that, he thought speculatively, then his mood plummeted. He loved rap.

Chanyeol. His best friend. Where was he? Jongin had no idea. That tall, oversized moodmaker disappeared nearly three years ago. Jongin remembered how his friend’s family had been frantic at his sudden disappearance and immediately rushed to file a missing person’s report. When that didn’t work out, they hired a search team to find their son. But no avail. They had no leads or clues. Chanyeol had done a magic trick: disappear out of thin air.

“Ugh,” he grunted and disheveled his tousled, windblown locks. “Why am I thinking about that? It’s been years. Get over it, Jongin.”

But you’re lonely, taunted a small voice in the back of his head, and not to mention sad. Without Chanyeol, your life became a quiet, boring mess. You haven’t smiled since the last time you saw him.

“Whatever,” he scoffed at himself and continued to walk home.

 

...

 

Humans. That’s what Kyungsoo registered when a delectable scent of a living, breathing bodies filled with blood wafted up his nose. The mouthwatering aroma made Kyungsoo’s throat dry and itchy. His stomach churned and contracted in a repeated cycle, relaying a piteous message to him:

Food. Food.

He whimpered. It was unbearable! A legion of different but prominent perfumes buffeted his nostrils, teasing him. The little vampire had previously fed before he left his castle, so his thirst should be tame for about a couple of days. But the aroma—God! His budding vampire instincts were thrashing for release. To be freed.

Drink. Must...DRINK!

No! he scolded himself (more to his wailing stomach) harshly. You know better! Daddy and Mommy taught you about control. So, control yourself!

Biting back his wild thirst, the pale-skinned boy meekly ducked his head as he maneuvered around what he assumed was the city’s streets. His round eyes widened in unquenchable curiosity and acute amazement at the city’s showcase of modern technology and advances. He knew what some of those things were...cars...cell phones...cameras... At this moment, Kyungsoo was glad Minseok educated him about human life. If he hadn’t, then Kyungsoo would’ve been a very lost and very frightened little vampire. Usually if he was frustrated or scared, Kyungsoo would’ve broken down and cried for his parents (and maybe destroyed whenever rang noisily because it was freakin' annoying).

“Huh? What is a little brat doing out so late at night?”

The low, hoarse rumble was easy to distinguish. It came from the large, smelly human stalking him from behind. The man looked sketchy, wearing tattered jeans and a stained jacket over a creased t-shirt. His ugly face was unshaven and gross-looking. Kyungsoo detected a strong cloud of nicotine and ash when the man exhaled. A smoker.

Kyungsoo, like the innocent, mannered boy he was, stopped short, turned around, and pointed at himself for clarification. “Are you talking about me, sir?”

“Oh, so he talks.” The man let out a haggard laugh. “Tell me, little kitten, are you lost? Maybe you’re trying to find your mommy?”

Kyungsoo vaguely understood he was being rudely teased at, but simply shook his head. “No, sir. I’m on an adventure. And I’m not looking for my mommy. He’s probably looking for me.”

“What did you say?” The grungy human was at least smart enough to catch a slight problem in the boy’s sentence. “Your mommy’s a guy? What kind a freak are you?”

That offended Kyungsoo. He raised his lilting voice defensively. “I am NOT a freak! And neither is my mommy!”

The man shrugged uncaringly. His beady, bloodshot eyes landed on Kyungsoo’s fancy clothing. He spotted something glinting under the boy’s collar. A gold necklace with a juicy red bloodstone.

The inferior human had the audacity to snap his fingers at the vampire boy commandingly. “How about this, kitten? Hand over your necklace and I’ll take back my words. If you don’t, then I’ll enjoy wringing out your tiny little neck.”

“My...necklace?” echoed the small vampire. He glanced down at his bloodstone dangling from his pale-white neck. “But...my daddy gave that to me.”

“Well, boohoo. Too bad I don’t care. I need something to buy me a pack of cigarettes and some beer.” The human scoundrel growled impatiently. “You know what? I’ll just go ahead and take it myself.”

The man lunged forward with his meaty hands to grab Kyungsoo’s neck, but the small boy ducked under those reaching hands and bolted past the human.

“Come back here, brat!” yelled the man and chased after him.

 

...

 

Jongin was almost to his apartment complex—only about another two miles. He could’ve been there already, but he preferred to walk at a leisure pace.

The tan-skinned boy had just passed by a nearby playground area when he heard a raucous shout.

“Get back here, you little freak! Don’t hide from me! I will get that necklace!”

“NO!” blared back the undeniable shriek of a child. “It’s mine! Go away, you stinky human!”

“Human?” snorted the grubby male in taunting amusement. “Is that the best insult you can throw at me?”

“How about a rock instead?”

Jongin nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a pained howl. He snapped his head over to where he heard the sound, searching. Edging closer to the outer ring of the playground, half-cloaked behind a row of bushes and a full-grown tree, he saw what disturbed his peace.

A burly middle-aged man dressed in lousy, tattered clothing was doubled over on the mulched ground, clutching at his face (Jongin idly wondered if he was bleeding). A fist-sized rock laid beside the man, presumably what the boy who shrieked earlier had thrown at him during their argument.

Wait a second. Where was the boy Jongin had heard?

Gaze lifting upward, he found him. A small, petite boy had taken shelter on the playground, gripping at the blue-painted railing of a bridge that led to the spiraling slide, half-hiding there. From where he stood, Jongin could see a windblown mop of glossy jet-black hair and dark, fitted clothing.

Something stirred inside of Jongin. A feeling. A strange, magnetizing feeling. It screamed at him to save the boy. It was his duty.

Whether it was because he obeyed the nagging feeling or the fact that he hated little boys being robbed, he decided he should interfere.

Coolly skirting around the row of bushes, he made his presence known by purposely stepping into view. His expression was dark and steely, his duffel bag still slung over his lean shoulder, securely held with one hand. His other hand was relaxed by his side.

A growl. “Who the are you?” The injured man looked at him blearily, still clutching at his damaged face (not like he can get any uglier).

“None of your business. Now, who are you to steal from little boys?” Jongin smoothly tossed back, but with a hard edge.

The crook released a deep, throaty laugh, amused by the teenager’s heroic display. “Oh, I get it. So, you thought you could just waltz in and save the day? Nice try, punk. I’m bigger and stronger than you. I will get that necklace.”

Jongin swiftly shot the black-haired boy a sidelong glance. He did see the kid wearing a necklace, adorned with a gem so large it gleamed a beacon of red light under the silvery moonlight. How on earth did a boy so young possess something as expensive as that? Was he rich?

“Help me,” whispered the small boy, snapping Jongin out of his stunned evaluation. “I’m not supposed to hurt humans.”

“What?” he murmured back, confused by the term ‘humans’. Weren’t they all humans?

“Don’t drop your guard, bastard!” The scoundrel sprang up and let a fist fly.

What an idiot.

Jongin had years of training as a dancer. He easily sidestepped the charging man and stuck out a foot to trip him. The man toppled over and landed face-first in the playground mulch, spluttering and cursing.

“Nice try,” Jongin snorted. “But I’m not that oblivious to my surroundings.”

The crook wiped the dirt off his battered face and snarled at him. He lunged again, fist raised.

With a grunt, Jongin caught the fist with one hand. Many people underestimated him like this lowlife. They had a misconception about his strength. He may look lean and tall and limber, but his body was actually corded with wiry muscles. There was not an ounce of fat on him. When he wasn’t dancing or eating or sleeping, he was out in the gym conditioning his body. If he hadn’t been wearing a jacket, then the scumbag would’ve seen his muscles ripple.

Realization dawned on the man’s bashed in face, and the tan-skinned boy smirked because it was a second too late. Whipping out his elbow, Jongin jabbed the man in the gut, who choked and doubled over. Then he his knee up, the joint digging into the man’s stomach.

“GAH!” The ingrate choked on his saliva at the intense pain. He sluggishly retreated backwards from the strong teenager, hugging his bruised torso. “You—” he wheezed. “You stupid piece of—”

WHAM!

A roundhouse kick snapped the man’s face to the side, and he fell to the ground with a heavy thud, knocked out cold, eyes rolled back.

“That should do it,” Jongin said with a sense of affirmation, dusting of his hands and re-shouldering his bag. He raised his chin, his gaze lifting up to inadvertently lock eyes with large, round orbs.

Jongin had to restrain himself from in a sharp breath. What normal kid had eyes as huge as that? Those dark, depthless orbs shone with unfathomable curiosity and sheer intelligence.

He spoke up after a while, “Are you okay?” The black-haired kid was still hiding behind the blue playground railings, head ducked and knees bent.

The small boy replied hesitantly, “Uh, uh, um...yes?”

“You can come down now—it’s safe. That ugly thug is out cold.”

Appearing as if he trusted Jongin, the small boy crawled over to the slide and sent himself down, spinning and spinning until he came to a halt at the lip of the structure. He blinked up when a shadow loomed over him. Jongin.

“What’s your name, kid?”

“K-Kyungsoo,” stammered the kid. “D-Do Kyungsoo.” He shrunk back into his tiny shoulders, seeking comfort, intimidated by Jongin’s dark mocha eyes staring down at him.

Sensing the boy’s scared impression of him, Jongin knelt down, at eye level with the kid sitting daintily on the slide. He was pale, very pale, Jongin noted, like a sheet of paper. Kyungsoo’s small, cute face was white under the moonlight, his sweet, pinched features exceptionally beautiful for such a young adolescent, stark against his dark articles of clothing—a frock jacket buttoned up halfway over a crisp purple shirt and dark trousers. In other words, to him, Kyungsoo was an angel.

What two godly beings were bred to sire him?

“It’s nice to meet you despite the grim circumstances, Kyungsoo,” he said as kindly as possible. His people skills were a bit rusty, and even worse with children. “My name is Kim Jongin. Are you lost? Is that why that scary man chased after you?”

“Y-yes,” Kyungsoo responded in a small, lilting voice. High and clear like a ring of a bell. “I’m lost. That mean man wanted my necklace, but I told him no because my daddy gave it to me.” Small, white hands gripped the bedazzling piece of jewelry hanging from his neck.

Jongin took a moment to examine the accessory. A bloodstone as big as an eye attached to a shiny, intricate gold chain. It was a really, really expensive, Jongin corrected himself, nearly gawking.

“Where do you live?” he gently prodded. “Maybe I can help you get there.”

“I-I don’t know,” Kyungsoo admitted with a sore pang of regret. “I know there’s lots of forests around the castle.”

Castle?! He must be a freaking prince or something! Jongin was overwhelmed by the information. He saved a filthy rich, castle-owning...eight-year-old?

“Sorry, I don’t know if they’re any castles around here,” the older boy said apologetically, scratching helplessly at his cheek. “But I can take you to my apartment for now. It’s getting really late and maybe your...parents or guards or whoever takes care of you can find you in the morning.”

“O-okay.” Kyungsoo shyly took Jongin’s outstretched hand. The older boy saw how the kid scrunched up his button nose (he was too cute) as if repulsed by something—or maybe he was holding his breath?

Jongin shivered at the touch of an ice cold hand cupped within his warmer one. Had this kid been freezing outside? For how long? Struck with worry and alarm, Jongin hastily brought the kid to his place.

 

...

 

“So, uh, here we are.” The human unlocked the door to his apartment and swept it open, letting Kyungsoo tentatively step inside. Doe eyes darted everywhere—to the barely decorated cream-colored walls, to the whitewashed ceiling equipped with a fan, to the plain pieces of furniture sparsely arranged in the cozy niche. The little vampire was absorbed in scraping out every single detail, as if to commit it to memory.

And then there was that smell. That rich, tantalizing smell that infested every square inch of this small dwelling, coating the place with a thick veil, disorienting Kyungsoo’s nose.

“I know it’s not a castle,” said his human savior, mistaking his perplexed gaze as a disappointed one. “But at least it’s warm. Here, take off your shoes.”

Kyungsoo obediently untied the laces of his leather shoes—shoes that Jongin had never seen before—and left it by the entryway. With socked feet, Kyungsoo hopped over into what he assumed was the living room area neighbored by a small kitchen. Jongin shucked off his jacket and tossed it on the maroon couch. The flying movement caught Kyungsoo’s eye and he smiled. He bounded over to the couch and jumped on it, snatching up the jacket and hiding under it like a turtle retreating into its shell.

Jongin stared confoundedly, stunned by the boy’s smooth, effortless movements (and thinking how cute the small boy was for his own good). As a child he had a playful bounce in his footsteps, but something about the way his body moved fluidly and swiftly reminded Jongin of a cat, like he was prancing. How did a mere child like Kyungsoo acquire so much balance and grace? It would make a ballerina cry.

“Warm,” repeated Kyungsoo, draping the human’s jacket over his petite body like a protective blanket. He inhaled the mouthwatering scent clinging to the fabric, making his eyelids flutter euphorically. “Very warm.”

“Hey, Kyungsoo, I’m going to take a shower now,” said Jongin, padding over to the hall. “Do me a favor and stay here and don’t break anything, okay?”

“Yes, Mister Jongin,” chirped the little vampire.

The human male stopped and abruptly whirled around, looking bewildered. “Mister? No way. None of that. Just call me Jongin.”

Kyungsoo seemed taken back at the disposal of titles. “Okay, Mist—I mean, J-Jongin.”

Jongin seemed satisfied and disappeared down the hall and into a room. The muffled sounds of a shower being traveled to Kyungsoo’s receptive ears. Huddled on the cushy couch, he surveyed the quaint apartment. It lacked comfort and care, but was cozy and chic. From what his nose was telling him, Jongin lived alone from the absence of other human odors. But Kyungsoo thought humans lived in families like vampires? Why was this human alone? For how long?

And he smells good, too, thought Kyungsoo, burying his nose into the human’s jacket. My gums are throbbing and my teeth are aching. What am I supposed to do with a human around? Daddy will be furious if I bit him. I really want to taste his blood, but...I don’t want to hurt him either. I need more control. I only got my fangs recently.

“Waaaah!” he mocked cry. Falling limp to his side, he began rolling around the length of the couch, back and forth continuously, messing up his hair and creasing his clothes.

“Kyungsoo...what are you doing?”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo stopped in his bout of silliness, laying upside-down on the couch, short legs bent up, staring across the room to see Jongin standing there, wearing a plain t-shirt and sweatpants, his dark hair dripping wet. The human dried at his drenched hair with a white towel.

“I was bored, so I started rolling around,” the little vampire obviously stated.

“I see that,” acknowledged the human. He shuffled closer and Kyungsoo stiffened slightly. “Do you need a bath or something? Maybe food? How long were you lost?” When he noticed Kyungsoo’s wide-eyed stare, he added awkwardly, “Sorry, I don’t know how to take care of little kids.”

“I don’t need a bath,” replied the pale-skinned boy. “I’m hungry...but I can wait until morning to feed. I was only lost since early evening.”

Jongin sat on the couch, Kyungsoo staring at him wondrously upside-down. “For a kid, you sound really smart. What are you, homeschooled?”

“Yup!” beamed the cutie. “I read lots of books! I love books! My castle has a biiiiiiig library of books!” Then his face fell. “But...I only read books because I can’t go outside much. Today I was allowed outside, so I thought it’d be fun to have an adventure. Now I’m here.”

Jongin stopped drying his hair, astonished. “Wait, so you basically ran off from home?”

“I wanted to see the city,” supplied the small boy, finding amusement in kicking at the couch cushions. “And I did—because Minseokie told me about the city.” He wrinkled his nose. “But he forgot to mention how stinky it is.”

“Do you have a sensitive nose or something?”

“Yup! And sensitive hearing!”

“...You must be a hassle to keep up with.”

After he was done drying his hair, Jongin peered up at the clock, reading what time it was. 10:43. “Hmm... We better head to bed. I don’t have school tomorrow, but I do have work and dance class,” he murmured.

Kyungsoo sat upright and nodded primly. “Okay.”

“How about you take my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch?” proposed the human. “Are you warm yet? Let me see.”

Kyungsoo flinched when Jongin’s warm palm touched his forehead. The touch crazed his nerves, but it also made his motor system shut down with a flick of a switch.

“You’re somewhat warmer by a few degrees, but you're still cold.” Jongin pursed his thick lips in vexation. “I’ll grab some extra blankets. I know I have them somewhere. Come with me.”

Kyungsoo carefully latched onto Jongin’s hand and was led down the hall to the last door. It was Jongin’s room, furnished with a bed, a dresser, and a nightstand. There were also two other doors—one was the closest, the other was the bathroom.

“Sleep here.” Jongin indicated the bed with a jerk of his chin. Kyungsoo climbed onto the soft mattress and smiled. The human had left the room momentarily, only to return with two more good-quality blankets. “This should do the trick.” Jongin made a disapproving sound at the little vampire. “Kyungsoo, take off your jacket and socks, silly. You can’t sleep in those.”

“O-oh, okay.” If Kyungsoo could’ve blushed, he would’ve. The human took it upon himself to his jacket and toss it aside, along with the snatching off his socks. Then Kyungsoo was tucked into bed, head laying on a puffy pillow and swallowed up by comforters.

“Now, go to sleep,” Jongin bid softly, patting down Kyungsoo’s silky locks. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Night.” Much to his surprise, Kyungsoo yawned. Usually he didn’t go to sleep until an hour before dawn. Maybe it was because he was tuckered out from his trek and from almost being robbed. His pale eyelids fluttered closed, and he willingly drifted off into oblivion, encased by his human’s rich, overpowering scent.

Wait...when...did I...have...a...hu...man...zzz...

He’s too cute, thought the human and shook his head. Jongin eased out the room and gently shut the door.

 

 


Yay! First chappie is out! Did you like it? Then please leave a comment or upvote! It’s strange, usually I look at my writing and think, ‘It’s freakin’ ugly. I’m going to delete this.’ But I actually think this chapter was one of my best works. Hope I can keep up the same flow. So here’s a little Kaisoo gif you guys can coo over. Peace out!

Cr: to real owner