You're My Pet

Review of dramas and movies

Review of You're My Pet

About

Genre - Romance/Comedy

Realese Year - 2011

Running Time - 110 minutes

Rating - 15

Storyline

The movie centers around a young and ambitious woman named Ji Eun-Yi and her human pet.

After her fiancé leaves her for his mistress and Ji Eun-Yi is demoted at work, she stumbles across a young injured homeless man in a box outside her condominium. She takes him in and becomes attached to him. As a joke, she says she wants to keep him as a pet, and to her surprise, the young man agrees. She names him Momo, after her beloved dog from her childhood. Ji Eun-Yi provides room and board, and Momo provides unconditional love and loyalty. Momo, whose name is Kang In-Ho, is a dance child prodigy who gradually brings happiness to his master's life.

Despite his growing affection for her, Ji Eun-Yi says there is no romance of any sort in their relationship. However, gradually arises as the two spend more time together. But not only does Ji Eun-Yi struggle with her feelings for the young guy, she also needs to keep him a secret from her co-workers, especially her former college classmate and new romantic interest Woo-seong.

Cast

 Kim Ha-neul - Ji Eun-yi

Jang Keun-suk - Kang In-ho

Ryu Tae-joon - Cha Woo-seong

Jeong Yu-mi - Lee Young-eun

Kang Ha-neul - Young-soo

Choi Jong Hun - Ji Eun-soo

Kang Hae-in - Kim Mi-sung

Go Woo-ri - Lee Min Sun

Personal Opinion

I think the idea of a human pet is the funniest part in this movie. A story about a woman, who needs someone to be with, is heartkinded enough to let a stranger live together with her. Jang Keun-suk really gets the cute and adorable side of his personality out in this movie.

The most of my favorite scenes, is the scenes where Kang In-ho acts like a pet according to their deal of him living in her home. I've always been a fan of jealousy in movies, so the scenes of Kang In-ho being jealous is the best scenes in the entire movie. And last but not least, the kissing scene is really sweet, but to bad there isn't more kissing scenes. (And I don't think the forced kiss is a "real" kiss)

I won't say there is bad scenes in this movie. I would call them not-so-good scenes, but that kind of describes a lot of scenes in the movie, so I won't point them out.

 

My rating for this movie is

View Full Size Image

 

Check out the Teaser

(remember to turn on the subtitles)

 

 

 

Remember if you want me to review any other movie or drama, then feel free to tell me :)