Work For It

The Difference Between Then and Now

Gui Gui dropped her cup of water as she heard the last sentence. I fell in love with her all over again. After everything, she would bet her life that he had never liked, let alone, loved her in such ways.

 

“You fell in love with her all over again?” the MC asked curiously.

 

“Ne,” Taec said, smiling at the camera. “You see I have been criticized for the way I treated her on WGM, and I have nothing to say against that. I admit how I treated her was—uhm, let’s just say I didn’t treat her properly. There were times during filming that I fell for her, like when she cooked or when she smiled. During those times I would always think of how nice it would be to have her as a wife in real life. But then, unfortunately, there were more times when she acted childish and immature and I was embarrassed by her. And so because of feeling embarrassed, I would tell myself I’d rather live alone for the rest of my life than have a wife like her. And so, I distanced myself from her. Because of my greed and ego, I made sure I didn’t spend more time than the necessary with her.”

 

“Waa, that’s amazing,” the MC gushed, fully in a trance, forgetting they were broadcasting live and were recorded. “Were you aware of her feelings toward you?”

 

“Hmm,” Teac pondered. “I was aware. At the time I was 24-years-old and I was the “Beast” of 2PM. We weren’t as popular as we used to, but we just had a comeback with “Come Back When You Hear This Song” and “A.D.T.O.Y.” and I just made a name for myself as TY. So I was a bit egotistical. I thought, ‘of course she would like me—why wouldn’t she? I’m Ok Taecyeon, the beast. Everyone likes me.’ And so, I did lead her on on the show—fully aware of what I was doing.” Taec chuckled to himself. “You know how most girls like the bad boy with a sensitive side? Well, I tried being that way just so I could keep her interested. Off camera, I didn’t give her a second glance—we were no more than colleagues. But, on camera, I tried to look after her, but, obviously, I failed as it was obviously shown how embarrassed I was by her.”

 

“Well, then, what changed your mind?” the MC pressed.

 

“Until a few weeks ago, I have failed to realize how much she means to me,” Taec confessed. “As most of everyone knows, Gui Gui and Taiwanese idol/actor Arron Yan have always been close friends. They were even rumored to be dating more than once in the past. A few weeks ago, when I met Gui Gui, I also met Arron. I sat down with them at a table for breakfast and realized that I didn’t like how Arron knew so much about her and how she seemed more comfortable with him around. For some reason, I started to get annoyed and angry, so I left. No matter how busy I made myself with 2PM activities and modeling, I found myself thinking about her. And then Arron. And my absence in the past three and a half years in her life and I got mad with myself.

 

“So many things have happened in the past three and a half years that never made it to the news that I didn’t know about, but Arron knows of. That made me so mad to the point that I didn’t want to see the both of them anymore. I blamed the both of them for making me feel so hopeless—I especially blamed Gui Gui for changing to the strong woman that she is now. If she had not changed from the bright, cheerful girl that she was three and a half years ago to the strong, independent woman that she is now, I might still be embarrassed by her and----.” He took a deep breath. “I might still be embarrassed by her and not realize what I lost. I believe I made her this way and I had ripped away all the cheeriness that she used to have, that’s why I’m avoiding her right now. I am too much of a coward to face her knowing the damage I have done.”

 

“I understand exactly what you mean,” the MC said sympathetically. “Is there anything you want to say to Gui Gui if she were to see or hear this broadcast?”

 

“Ne, there is,” Taec replied. “Gui Gui-ya,” he started. “It’s me, ‘Oppa.’ I am sorry for all the wrongs that I have done for the past four years and I am sorry for what I did the night of the day we met again. I honestly don’t know what or how I should apologize, I just want you to know that I do love you. Even when I acted like a jerk and was embarrassed, I loved you—I just didn’t know until recently. I am thankful that Arron stayed by your side to pick up the broken pieces that I left, but I hope both of you know how jealous I am of him. I don’t know how to apologize properly to you—I don’t think I can ever do it properly, but know that I won’t stop trying. I’ll stop avoiding you. So . . . do you . . . do you want to go to the amusement park with me sometimes?”

 

Gui Gui wiped the single tear that managed to escape her tear duct as the interview was concluded. She still had no intentions of letting Taec back in easily. One little confession on the radio is not enough for her. For her, words mean nothing—people can act, some just don’t like other people knowing that they can. So Gui Gui, being an actress herself and having used the tactic countless times before, refused to believe Taec’s words carelessly. For her, it’s all about the action. He has to do something to prove himself. And she wasn’t expecting new shoes—even if she completely adore the shoes—she wanted him to fight for her. She wanted him to prove himself worthy of her. She was done with letting people treat her however they want and putting her down. She was no longer that girl. She has her pride and her self-worth—and at a certain aspect, her ego—to consider.

 

So as much as she wanted to run and find Taec, she didn’t. She stayed in her room making sure the tears won’t fall too much. She wasn’t going to show the world that she effected by Taec’s words. She was a strong woman and the world was going to know that at her call. She wasn’t going to let Taec dictate her life like he has been—even when he was absent from her life.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey, you guys~

So so sorry for the super late update :’(

School started for me yesterday and we already have homework (bummer, right?)

On top of that, I had to wake up as early as 4 the other night and leave the house by 6:15 in the morning and because of work after school, I didn’t get home till about 10-ish.

I was going to update you guys with more, but, unfortunately, this is all I have right now.

Please forgive me and don’t hate me too much . . .

Anyways, that’s it from me!

I shall now go make dinner and on to my night classes at the college~ ^_^

Happy back to school to those of us who are still stuck in that “jungle carelessly made by adults” ;)

P.S., can anyone tell me who I quoted up there ^^ (waiting for your responses~)