Fell in Love All Over Again

The Difference Between Then and Now

 

 

 

Gui Gui found herself walking in Jeju Island. She walked down their memory lane alone. She walked through the hotel room, then to the swimming pool, to the wedding venue, to the aquarium, and, last but not least, to the place he read her the letter. Everything was the same and in place except for one thing: Taec was nowhere to be found.

 

She knew very well that it was all just a dream. She dreamt this same dream often. She knew she had probably forgotten to breathe again, because of the familiar buzz in her head that was strangely comforting and the light pressure where the needle was inserted in her arms. Feeling too lazy to open her eyes, she kept them closed tightly. She was numb everywhere else but her left arm—ah, the bliss of being numb. She felt at peace every time the drug was in her system. But as much as she loved the numbness of it all, she hated waking up to reality—the reality where she probably had forgotten to breathe because of him again. As always.

 

After what felt like so many hours of singing in her head and tossing around, she felt the pressure on her arm tightened. She knew this was not the work of her manager or Aaron. At first, those two struggled putting in the needle too, but they had practiced and gotten better at making sure it wouldn’t be painful. She didn’t remember who took her out of the pool last night, but she didn’t really care for that. As long as she wasn’t at a hospital, she would be fine.

 

Her question of being in a hospital was answered when she gained her senses again. She realized her back was half-way on someone’s stone-hard side or chest. She knew this someone was a male because she felt something poked at her bottom and rested there as if it were its rightful home. She shuddered at the thought that it was Aaron. It’s not like she hated Aaron or she has never thought of getting intimate with Aaron, it was just hard to process considering how much she knows of how Aaron act in front of the “ladies” (more than half of them, Gui Gui wouldn’t label as ladies, more like female witch dogs in the bodies of female humans). There was no telling how many guys those ladies Aaron slept with slept with. The thought of it made her gagged.

 

She then felt the someone behind her chuckled lowly. He poked her cheeks playfully and traced the outline of her lips slowly. She let out a sigh of frustration because her eyes wouldn’t open. As much as her brain was wide awake, her eyes were still too tired to open and greet the morning. She didn’t even know the time.

 

She then heard the doorbell rang. The person behind her got off the bed and went to answer the door. She held her breath hoping to be able to hear who were talking. But then she remembered the night before when she had forgotten to breathe. But the reasons are different though, she argued with herself in her head. She stopped arguing with herself when footsteps approached where she was. After a moment of painful silence, she heard Aaron’s voice on her left side.

 

“It’s not actually that bad,” Aaron explained to someone else in the room. “But it’s on too tight, and you can cut off the blood circulation completely.” She thanked the gods, again, silently, as Aaron removed and reinsert the IV needle in her arm less painfully than the other person did.

 

“Is she okay, though?” the husky, sleepy voice of Taec answered close to her. Gui Gui immediately stiffened on the bed. “Wait, what happened? What was that?” Taec asked worriedly.

 

“She’s awake,” Aaron answered easily. “Morning, sweets,” he greeted her. “Hurry and wake up if you want breakfast.” She heard Aaron’s low chuckle.

 

The nerve he has, she thought to herself. He made him stay with me and he dared use food to try to get me up. See if I’ll ever wake up, Aaron. Gui Gui opted out to waking up and decided she would just sleep and relax and utilize her time praying to the gods that Taec would be gone when she wakes up again.

 

She heard chairs being pulled and low voices filled the room as Aaron and Taec began conversing with each other. In low voices, they talked about her and her condition. Every now and then Taec would try asking about what caused it and Aaron would dodge the subject like a pro every time.

 

Gui Gui finally woke up from her slumber not long after the boys started conversing. She went to the bathroom without saying anything. Once in the bathroom, it dawned on her. She had slept in the same bed with Taec. And she was unconscious when it all started. The thought brought a very familiar, yet distant feeling of excitement. She couldn’t quite understand it—that strange feeling. The butterflies in her tummy fluttered at the thought of Taec holding her. She composed herself before going back out to face the guys. She didn’t bother putting anything else besides BB Cream on her face and put her hair in a clip. She wore the same thing that was put on top of her bikini from last night, a long button up shirt. She figured the shirt belong to Taec.

 

“Gege,” she greeted Aaron. “How was the party last night?”

 

“Did I want to attend the party?” Aaron chuckled.

 

“I guess not, huh?” she laughed along. “But was it fun? I haven’t been to a real party in a long time.” She smiled remembering the last time she went to a party and enjoyed it, four years ago.

 

“It’s a party, you know how it is.” Aaron messed up her hair. “And you have been to many parties lately, you’ve just been drinking the past 3 and a half years of your life away. If you’re not working and traveling, you’re either getting drunk at a club, or hospitalized. No wonder you don’t enjoy partying—if that’s your definition of partying.”

 

“Hey!” she playfully smacked Aaron with the hand that didn’t have IV needled in.

 

Little did she and Aaron know, Taec was watching the whole exchange. Something inside him snapped when he made her laugh and smile. It was the need to be the one to do that to her that was eating him. He knew he didn’t deserve Gui Gui and her innocent love. He understood everything as he talked to Aaron and how he was dodging it every time he tried asking about Gui Gui after WGM. He understood everything when Gui Gui avoided eye contact with him and when she would avoid him completely after she came out of the bathroom. He understood everything after their altercation the night before.

 

He felt the need to leave, to be honest. But he couldn’t bring himself to get up and leave her alone with Aaron—not after three and a half years of no contact and not knowing. All he wanted was to have a normal conversation with Gui Gui and get to know her as her—not the star he “married” for  the sake of the show.

 

The day before when he saw her at the elevator, he realized what he wanted. It was true that Jessica and he were breaking up, but it wasn’t because of Gui Gui. As much as he hate to say it, he just couldn’t handle Jessica the Ice Princess and her ways with the male population. Of course, SNSD has many ahjussi fans—many girl groups do. But Jessica take this to next level and Taec was growing tired of it. Jessica knew the consequences if rumors about her having an affair with an older, married man while having Taec as her boyfriend would do to her career. She wasn’t going to risk that, so she had planned on calling it off with Taec before he found out. While in the States for his sister’s birthday, he found out about Jessica’s affair and they planned on talking about it when he got back.

 

He didn’t plan for Gui Gui to show up at the airport and make the paparazzi crazier than they already were. He just wanted to get to the hotel and discuss his relationship with Jessica. So when Jessica brought up Gui Gui in their discussion, he didn’t know what to do. Even then as he sat on the same table as Gui Gui and Aaron while listening to the flirty ways they talk to each other, he didn’t know what to do. He had begged Jessica to leave Gui Gui out of it and offer his silence on the matter in exchange. He didn’t know why he did that either. When he saw Gui Gui again at the airport that day, he just felt overwhelmed with everything. Maybe it was a way he thought he could repay her after all the years he wasn’t there for her. Maybe he felt guilty. Whatever it was, his conscience didn’t like the idea of Gui Gui hurting. Especially after finding out about her condition and after coming to the conclusion that he was the cause of it.

 

What he couldn’t understand was how and why did Gui Gui take the marriage seriously. It was just a show afterall. He thought she saw it as a show too and everything she did was because of the cameras that were constantly on them. He didn’t know the tears were real. He didn’t know the smiles were sincere. He didn’t know she took her job as a married woman seriously. He didn’t know she would hang out with her close friends in Taiwan as a married woman. He thought, like him, all pretense and act would be dropped when the cameras are gone. He had no idea of her sincerity.

 

“Taecyeon,” the voice of Aaron called him out of his day dream.

 

“Yes?” he said carefully, clearing his mind of all things unnecessary.

 

“We’re going to grab some lunch then maybe go shopping in Hongdae,” Aaron explained. “Do you want to join us?”

 

Taec looked at Gui Gui who was looking at anywhere but him. He tried to read her expression, but she has gotten so much better at acting after three and a half years, he wasn’t in much luck. He did what he could to understand her behavior since their reunion and it was obvious what the answer was. “It’s alright,” he replied. “You guys can go without me.” He stood up and gathered his belongings from the bed and slipped on his shirt. “I have a meeting with the guys and the CEO in a little bit, so I have to get going anyways.” He looked at Gui Gui for the last time, still trying to read her expression. “I’ll get going now,” he announced. He walked out of the room then leaving Aaron and Gui Gui alone.

 

“He’s a fool,” Aaron sighed after some silence.

 

“What do you mean?” Gui Gui questioned.

 

“I know exactly what goes through that head of his,” he explained. “He’s really easy to read. He’s blaming himself right now, so that’s something for us—maybe you’ll get an apology soon.

 

“I doubt it,” she stood up. “I’ll go get ready. I’ll be out in a couple of minutes.”

 

In all honestly, Gui Gui was hoping Taec would say yes. She did miss being around him, but she didn’t quite trust herself enough to be alone with him. For all she knows, it could end up like the night before. She wanted to have Aaron around because he would protect her. He was the protective big brother she has always wanted. But, unfortunately, even that plan wasn’t going to be used because Taec wouldn’t be going.

---------------------

The next couple of days Gui Gui was busy with rehearsal and red carpet appearances. Aaron left for Taiwan after they hung out again the third time. Gui Gui’s manager arrived that night Taec left after she had gotten back from hanging out with Aaron. Everyone was crazy busy with little time to think of anything outside of work.

 

Gui Gui’s day start early in the morning for a run along the Han river with a personal trainer before they start hitting the treadmill and the gym to get her body ready for the fashion show. After a full morning of working out, she would usually have around one hour and a half to eat lunch with her manager while discussing her schedule. After lunch, she would have the time to take a nap on the way to the fashion show rehearsal for four hours. It was four hours of walking down the same catwalk with different lengths and styles of heels to different genres of songs and different color combinations of lights. After rehearsal, she would have two hours of free time to have dinner and take another short nap before continuing with her schedule—usually an interview, photo shoots, or premieres. After all that is finished, she could then go back to the hotel room and crash after a shower.

 

She was very busy—that was a given. She was too busy to call her parents and Aaron. She was too busy to get on tweeter and facebook. But she was never too busy to think about Taec. After that day, she had not seen or heard from Taec. It has been about two weeks since she last seen him when Aaron was still with her and she actually did miss him. But she wasn’t going to give in and give him a call. She figured if he wanted to talk to her and keep in contact with her, he could initiate the conversation.

 

It was on one of those rare nights that Gui Gui have the time and energy to go online and monitor her friends that she saw an article concerning Taec and herself. She was surprised it had taken the reporters that long to put them up, but she was soon to find out that her agency, as well as Taec’s, had taken the liberty to clear things up without consulting with either of them. Of course, she had no way of knowing whether Taec said anything to JYP or not. It was one of those things she could feel at the pit of her stomach.

 

The first article she read, the reporters claimed that Taec had been going behind Jessica’s back to date his former TV wife, Gui Gui. The next article she read it was Jessica’s infidelity that caused Taec to go back to Gui Gui, his only true love. The next couple of articles she read were about the official statements from the three’s agencies. JYP and SM confirmed Taec and Jessica’s break up while both denying that infidelity had anything to do with it. JYP and Polyland denied any relationship between the ex-TV couples but assured that the two were still in contact with each other and were very close friends. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing Gui Gui would worry too much about.

 

She then went on the search bar and searched the name she hadn’t dared to search for the past year: Ok Taecyeon. She browsed through the articles found, dismissing the one similar to the ones she just read and focusing on something captured on camera. She ran across a video of him in a radio show just a couple of hours before with a strange title: “Taecyeon Open Up About Jessica’s Infidelity and His True Feelings About His Ex-TV Wife, Gui Gui.” She clicked on the video without hesitation, curiosity already eating her out.

 

“So, Taecyeon, there has been many rumors about your break-up with Jessica,” the MC stated. “What exactly happened and are there really other parties involved, like your ex-wife, Gui Gui?”

 

“What exactly happened is that, it is true what our agencies are saying about how we have just grown apart through the years we have been together,” Taec admitted. “But they didn’t really get the full story. I might get in a lot of trouble for what I’m going to say, but I feel like the fans need to know the truth—even if they end up hating me in the end.

 

“Jessica has actually been seeing someone else. She must really like the guy or something. But at first she would meet him without telling me, but then she ended up telling me about it because she didn’t want to hurt anyone if she can avoid it. When she told me, I had already seen it coming, so I wasn’t surprised at all. I was ready for what she was going to tell me. She is popular among the guys, so it was something I came prepared for.”

 

“So is the meeting with Gui Gui at the airport arranged or was that absolutely coincidental?” the MC then asked satisfied with Taec’s answer.

 

“That was absolutely coincidental,” Taec answered. “I had no idea she was coming back to Korea. Another thing our agencies failed to tell the truth on is the fact that Gui Gui and I are not actually that close. I wish we were. But, unfortunately, after the show ended so did what was left of our platonic relationship and we went on our separate ways.”

 

“Well, I have heard news that Gui Gui has changed in so many ways—from attitude to fashion sense to body lines. I have also heard that she had never really gotten over you. How do you feel about her after meeting her again at the airport? Has anything changed for you when you saw her again?”

 

“It is true that she has changed,” Taec chuckled in the video, his head bowed in shyness. “She has gotten so much prettier, it’s a mystery why she doesn’t have any new boyfriends around her. I guess I was more overwhelmed than anything else. I was overwhelmed by all the emotions that came running back when I laid my eyes on her again. It was like I was finally able to truly see her. And I fell in love with her all over again.”

------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  A/N: Hey, you guys~ Sorry for the long wait. I got a job . . . :'( and school starts next week and I still have books to read and reports to write and summer school is not yet over. So I'm going to be a bit busy. This story is coming to an end soon though, because I can't really focus on one thing for too long. After this I plan on writing a WGM One Shots with all my favourite WGM couples.                                                                                                                                                BUT ANYWAYS, I'm wondering, do you guys want some hot steamy TaecGui scenes in this or no ? ? ? And if anyone know of any Hwanyobi (Hwanhee and Hwayobi) fanfic, can you guys message me the link or something ? I've been browsing everywhere and I couldn't find any . . . Anyways. That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading, everyone. Don't forget to COMMENT/VOTE/SUBSCRIBE and FRIEND me ^_^ Good night~