To Hear

Coffee Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every morning is a new adventure.

There are new things to Hear, new things to See, new things to Feel, new things to Smell, new things to Taste, new things to Love.

The reality is, there are six sense, not five. New things change you, for better, or for worse.

 

 

 

The cafe opened at 4 AM today. They needed to bake more pastries because they were always in such a high demand.

She walked in at 4:32, the same time she did every morning. She sat in the corner table and pulled out her book. It was the same book she read everyday. She had finished it over a hundred times, and would read it a hundred times more. She liked reading the same words every morning. There was nothing different, nothing strange, and nothing unexpected. She liked her seat. It was distant, quiet, and comfortable. But comfort can be deadly.

She never did get anything to drink. Only lightly toasted bagel with butter. Her server knew she did not like to be spoken to. Because she was always there, the staff had made it an effort to make her feel safe and not disturb her reading by talking to her. Her server would bring her food, and she would pay, never tearing her eyes away from her literature.

Too bad the cafe hired someone new.

 

 

 

"Cortado." He said.

A cup of hot coffee was placed before her. She pulled her book down, staring at the steaming beverage on her table. "I didn't order this..." She mumbled, looking back at her book. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I know, " He said, a single dimple showing as he smiled, "I made it just for you."

She stared at him, confusion in her eyes. He only smiled back. "Well? Are you going to try it?" He asked, smiling expectantly at her, "It's a kind of espresso cut with warm milk. Very popular in Latin countries!"

"..." She had a blank expression. He pouted. "Hey, I worked hard making this for you. You're my first customer and I wanted our meeting to be special!" He told her, " Please try a little of it!" Her eyes softened. Bitting her lower lip, she closed the book, placing it on the table.

The cup was warm. The steam rose hot against her face. The scent, inviting. And the sip, overwhelmed her.

 

 

 

"Cortado." He said.

Placing the cup on her table. She pulled her gaze away from her book and looked at her coffee, smiling slightly. Mornings seemed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter