Chapter eight

WTH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TO BE THIS OAF!

 

I let out a deep sigh and looked at Gongchan who was still avoiding me. Demmit. What is wrong with me? He’s not the only one awkward about this okay?

“I’m sorry.” I started.

Still not looking at me.

“I just thought that if you wanted to convince your Mom, we have to act like a real couple, you know?” I continued.

Finally he looked at me and he was trying too hard to keep a straight face when his whole face was obviously heating up—just like mine.

“But seriously, with the kissy face?” He raised an eyebrow. “You so fancy me, Cathrel.”

I stomped my foot. “You butthole! I just thought that it would be cute to add that!”

He gave me a smug. “No. Thing is, you really wanted to kiss me.”

DKFHGSDGFJHSDGFJHSADGFJDGJDGHFKSDHFKSDJFHKSJHFSKADJFHSKDJFH

“Why you! Demmit. Demmit. Why would I even want to kiss you!!!” My face was turning all red. I don’t know if it’s because I’m angry or because I feel so embarrassed to even think of doing a kissy face on him. OR SIMPLY BECAUSE I LIKE IT. LOLJK. NO. NEVER. WHY WOULD I? B|

He laughed. “Okay, okay. I was just kidding. So what do we do now?”

I crossed my arms together and I scoffed. “Aren’t you the guy? Guys are supposed to know about dates.”

“Just tell me where you wanna go.” Gongchan demanded.

“I don’t know! You decide. You’re the one who asked me out.” I didn’t give in.

“Gah!” He let out in frustration. “I don’t know how dates go, okay? You’re actually the first girl I asked out so I don’t know anything couples do on a date.” He let out a grunt. “There. Demmit. I admitted.”

I looked at him surprised. Nawwwwwsss. This kid. Behind the arrogant face, he’s just a little innocent boy with no experience with the big bad world. Cute.

“S-s-so do I!” I stuttered, still with hands crossed. “You’re the first guy who asked me out.”

This time he was the one who scoffed. “Of course it would be me. Who would even want to go out with you?”

I glared at him.

“I kid, I kid.” He let out a nervous laugh as he protected his nose.

Out of desperation, both of us went to the cashier of the café and asked her the lamest question ever asked in the history of lamest question ever asked. OTL

“So, um… miss. What do you exactly do when you’re on your first date?” Gongchan asked awkwardly.

LOOOOOOOOOL

The lady just stared at Gongchan and then smiled so wide and she started to giggle. Gongchan looked at me as if to ask if he said anything wrong and I just gave him a shrug. Gongchan is obviously her type. I could tell. IT'S SO OBVIOUS. Not that I’m bothered or something. B|

“Well, on the first date, basically watching movies…” She answered and giggled again.

“Oh, I see. Thank you, miss. I appreciate it so much.” He smiled.

“Are you guys on your first date?” She asked.

WTH WHY DO YOU CARE? SHUDDAP.

“Yes. Yes we are.” I quickly answered. B|

Her smile slowly faded. “Oh… how cute.”

Both of us just gave a fake smile to her and off we went out of the café.

“Seriously dude. We’re gonna watch a movie? That's boring.” I said.

“Well, I’ve been asking you want you wanna do and when someone suggested us something, you don’t what it? Make up your mind woman!”

“Okay, okay.” I rolled my eyes.

“You better think fast cause the van is watching us. We don't have all day. We barely have any pictures.” He informed.

“Pressure much?” I looked at the other side and saw an ice cream stand. “Oh look! Ice cream! Let’s have one of those!”

“You’re such a kid.” He commented.

I glared again. “That or we’ll be disappointing your Mom.”

With that said, we both went to the ice cream stand together side by side. I chose the Chocolate flavor in a cone and Chansik bought the Vanilla one for himself.

“This is good.” I started my ice cream.

“Hold this.” He handed me over his ice cream and then he held his camera and said, “Smile...”

I made a pose with two ice cream cones in my hands and then he clicked.

“Gad. You look so hideous.” He wrinkled his face as he checked out my photo.

“What the hell! Take another one again.” I demanded.

“No. You’re going to drain the battery of my camera. This will do for the mean time.” He said flatly and let his cam dangle around his neck as he claimed his ice cream cone from me.

“Uh, you’re welcome?” I said sarcastically.

“We better keep walking cause the heat is killing me.” Gongchan started walking at the sidewalk leaving me alone beside the ice cream stand. This bish.

I ran quickly towards him by the shaded sidewalk.

“So where should we head next?” I asked as I continued eating.

He finished up his ice cream so quickly and said, “I know just the place. There’s this nice shop that sells cute stuff for girls.”

“LOLWHAT? You think I like those stuff?” I laughed.

“Just pretend you do, okay? It’s for documentation. I’m supposed to give you a token out of appreciation.”

“Wow. A token. That’s nice. Just how dates would go.” I sarcastically said.

We continued walking and all of a sudden, he held my right hand that was dangling freely beside him as we walked together.

I looked at him. Surprised by the sudden contact but he didn’t even look at me. It’s as if it was just natural and that I was the one who’s insane. Weird thing is, I didn’t even try to let go. O__________________O

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Don’t tell me? OTL

Okay, thing is. This is all part of the act okay? The van was still following us discretely at the back as we walked the sidewalk.

When he realized that I wasn’t letting go, he tightened his grip as his face didn’t even change. Again, as if nothing was happening. O___O Dude. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??

I didn’t even know that my ice cream was melting which was sticking on my lips. He looked at me for the first time after he held my hand while walking and rolled his eyes.

“You are such a kid.” He sighed. “Let’s go ask for a tissue here.” Still, he didn’t let go of my hand. Instead, he dragged me slowly towards McDonald’s and we immediately went to the cashier.

“Can I ask for tissue?” Gongchan asked.

As soon as he received the tissue, he went back towards me and gave me the tissue. Well half of it.

“Use that to wipe your hands.” Then to my surprised, he was the one who wiped my lips. I tried to back away.

“Don’t move.” Gongchan said with annoyance.

I…. I…. And then I looked pass Gongchan and I saw someone looking at us from the line.

Jinyoung.