Chapter Three

WTH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TO BE THIS OAF!

Why am I feeling like this? I am not even supposed to appreciate him, not even his nostrils!

I guess you deserve to know why I hate Gongchan so much. No one knows about this but we were classmates in Kindergarten. And truth be told, I used to like him because he was so nice to me until that day there was this new student. She was so pretty that all the boys liked her. Thing is, Gongchan liked her so much that there came to a point that all the boys . This new girl liked him back and she asked him whom he doesn’t want to date in the near future. You know what he said?

“Cathrel. She’s really ugly. No way I’m going to like someone like her! She’ll end up being alone with gazillions of black cats! HAHAHAHAH!”

Everyone laughed at me and I went to the rest room to cry. From that day on, I didn’t speak to Gongchan or to anyone at all that I moved to a different school, and then I met Jinyoung.

So, yes. There you go. Gongchan was such a cute little kid back then and he turned out to be someone good looking as well. Demmit. His genes. I hate them. If only his attitude was like of Jinyoung’s, I bet I would’ve liked him. But then he turned all-popular because of the grades he attained.

---

I lie on my bed looking at the ceiling. That was the first time in years I’ve actually looked at him. I never thought that he’d grow up to be someone like he is right now. Kinda sad. Could be family pressure as well.

Wait, wait. What the heck I am saying? I hate him okay? Ugh. OTL

I sat up on my bed and dragged my Macbook from my bag and decided to encode the interview I had with Chansik (yes, I used to call him Chansik back in Kindergarten) hours ago. I didn’t have the energy to write my article because of what happened. He’s completely out of his mind!

A chatbox suddenly popped on my screen.

 

Jinyoung_likes_spam: How was it today? How did it go?

Forever_alone: I PLACED MY FINGER INSIDE HIS NOSE, DUDE. YUCK. D8

Jinyoung_likes_spam: What? You serious? Stop kidding! :P

Forever_alone: I AM SERIOUS. HE EVEN HAD SOME BOOGER. EW. WHAT IS PROPER HYGIENE?

 

Okay, he didn’t have nay booger okay? I just want him to look so bad in the eyes of Jinyoung’s.

“Honey! Come here!” My mom called out but I was too caught up chatting with Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung_likes_spam: Definitely not Mr. President. HAHAHA :P

Forever_alone: IKR. AND HERE HE IS, SAYING HE’S FREAKIN PERFECT WHEN HE CAN’T EVEN CLEAN HIS NOSE THAT I HAVE TO DO IT FOR HIM. OH GAD. I CANNOT JINYOUNG, OK?? I CANNOT. OTL

Jinyoung_likes_spam: Well, everyone has flaws, you know? No one’s perfect. Maybe his grades are, but definitely not him. XD

Forever_alone: HE SHOULD SERIOUSLY STOP BEING PLASTIC TO EVERYONE. JS.

Jinyoung_likes_spam: XD Well if he doesn’t try to be nice to everyone; people would think he’s a snob.

Forever_alone: WELL DUH! HE ALREADY IS!!!!! >:|

 

“Hey, duuuude!” Sandeul popped out of my door. “Mom. Calling you. Hello?”

“Shoot! Hang on. Gimme a second.”

 

Forever_alone: DUDE, BRB. MOTHER NATURE IS IN NEED.

Jinyoung_likes_spam: Hahahha Go! You don’t wanna anger nature. :P

 

With that, I went out of the room to see Mom and Dad in the living room with serious faces. Like as if someone died or something.

“What’s with the weird atmosphere?” I asked.

“Honey, your Dad and I have great news!” Mom smiled.

My eyes widened. “OMG. ZAC EFRON FINALLY REPLIED TO ME ON TWITTER???!!”

Dad gave me that confused look. “Huh? What? No, honey.”

“Bummer.” I sighed as I let myself dropped on the couch beside them. I’ve been tweeting that guy since forever okay? Tweeting him romantic tweets, confessing my love to him… and what do I get?? NOTHING. ZERO. NADA! Sometimes, I think my love has not reached him yet. Poor fangirl heart of mine. Unrequited love is forever hurtful. OTL

“Honey,” Mom smiled. “We finally found someone whom you’re going to be betrothed with.”

I jumped from the couch, “WHAAAT?”

---

Saturday morning, I’m all dressed up to meet this fiancé of mine whom I have no idea who the heck this creature is! You see, we’re from… the um… cough… one of the top families here. And this is another reason why I don’t really hope for Jinyoung to love me back because I know that I’ll be engaged sooner or later to some unknown guy for the sake of family business. The usual drill.

I have no idea why this has to be done. What about my feelings? Don’t I deserve to love the one I love? CoughJinyoungcough. Mom and Dad told me about this already since I turned at the age of 10. My brother, Deullie, has a fiancé already. And he’s really trying his best to work things out between her.

And now it’s my turn.

But you never know, this guy could be someone hot. For all I know it could be Zac Efron himself! 8D Okay, I’m such a delusional fangirl. But what if he’s this psycho erted guy? Oh for the love of God, I’d rather be disowned than marry a guy of some sort. OTL

Mom, Dad, Deullie and I arrived at this big building where my brother met his fiancé for the first time. It’s one of those eccentric looking buildings that would make your jaw drop. It was made of glass, and it looked really classy. Chandeliers were everywhere. It was more like of a hotel really. Hotel of the future.

Moving on, we went to inside to the main room at the 6th floor. I’ve been here once, during Deullie’s time. There were two big seats in the middle where supposedly the betrothed couple should be seated. So that would be this unknown guy and me.

There was a couple already seated on the big couch facing the two hot seats. They were such beautiful couple. O___O I have no idea who they were but apparently, Mom and Dad knew of them since they began talking to each other but the lady was as stern as she looked. I can sense that she had power over her husband.

For some weird reason, she looked like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Yes. The freakin witch there. O_O No kidding. She’s scary, okay? My parents on the other hand, they’re a cheerful couple at home but when it comes to business, they can look as scary as her if they want to. I guess my parents looked more down to earth despite the success that they have already achieved in the business industry. Oh my god. I describe too much. OTL

“This is our daughter, Cathrel,” Dad presented me as if I was some product to be sold—which in this case I really was. “And this is our son, Sandeul.”

I shook her hand and her husband’s as well. “Nice to meet you, guys.”

Dad shot me a look.

“My bad.” I apologized. OTL

“It’s alright.” The husband let out a soft laugh. “Please take a seat.” He motioned towards the seats that were in front of them.

As I took my seat, I began to wonder where the hell is this guy I’m going to be married to?????? But before I could wonder more about that…

“I apologize that my son is late.” Maleficent apologized. “I don’t know what he’s doing right now but he just called me that he’ll be late for a few minutes.”

All of a sudden, the door opened.

“I’m so sorry. There was too much work back in school. I couldn’t just leave.” Someone’s voice began to move towards me.

I couldn’t see who was talking okay? Since the hot seat isn’t facing the door. My heart started thumping. I didn’t know who or what to expect. Who is this guy? The one whom I’ll spend my life with. Such mystery but still I refused to look back.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer towards me.

OH MY GOD.

BADUMP. BADUMP. That’s my heart by the way.

“I want you to meet out wonderful son…” Maleficent look-alike said.

And then I turned around.

“Gongchan.” She finished and at the same time I said aloud in disbelief...

“GONGCHAN??????”