Chapter One

WTH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TO BE THIS OAF!

 

I went to the auditorium immediately and I saw this tall blonde boy holding a big DSLR on his hand taking pictures as much as he could. You see, Jung Jinyoung is the closest to a perfect guy I could ever meet in our school. He’s smart, nice, hilarious, good-looking, awesome photographer and most of all, he’s independent. He’s been living on his own now since he wanted to prove to his parents that he’s old enough to take care of himself. He’s such an admirable guy.

I approached him with a big smile on my face and poked him. “I’m here!” I said as I gasped for air.

Jinyoung looked at me and smiled. “About time!” He laughed and decided to give me a hug and I hugged back.

“So what’s happening now?” I asked as I wore my reading glasses and took out my notepad to scribble on.

“Former school president just delivered his farewell speech blah blah blah. The usual shizz.” Jinyoung replied.

Cathrel is the name and I’ve been part of the school newspaper since forever. I’m a news writer and Jinyoung is a photographer (bet you already know that). We met at the office of the school newspaper and I knew at first sight that I’d get to be close to this guy because of his aura. We’ve been assigned together since we were just newbies because of our class schedules. You have to be partners with someone whom you can work comfortably with and someone you can contact easily. Weirdly, we’ve been classmates in all our subjects. Oh what is destiny?

“Oh here,” Jinyoung fished out a press ID from his messenger bag and placed it around my neck. “You forgot it last time in my bag.”

I looked at my ID and then to him, with puppy dog eyes. “Jinyoung, thank you. I dunno what to do without you.”

He messed with my hair and giggled. “You silly kid. Now let’s go to the front to get a nice view.” He grabbed my hand and together we went to the front.

My heart couldn’t stop beating so fast as I looked at his back as we walked. Yeah, you guessed it. I’m pretty much in love with Jinyoung, okay? I mean, hey, you can’t blame me! But I know he’ll never return my feelings, so that’s why until now I’m hiding these feelings of mine. OTL

It was finally the time to announce the new president and I tried to be attentive despite being so drowsy since I didn’t get to have much sleep because of watching movies last night.

The only thing that woke me up so much was hearing these words…

“Our new school president, Gong Chansik!” Former president announced and everyone clapped their hands as this boy went out of the stage with a big victorious smile on his face.

I dropped my jaw as Jinyoung started taking pictures.

“OH MY GOD. NOT HIM. THAT CONCEITED FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted out and everyone’s eyes were on me—especially Gongchan’s.

Jinyoung, seeing what was happening, immediately covered my mouth. “I’m so sorry about that, people. She was just in a state of shock. Mr. President,” he turned to Gongchan on the stage. “…umm… please carry on.”

I made an apologetic peace sign to everyone and then Jinyoung let go of his hand and he whispered to me, “I know you despise him, but you can’t just react that way. We’re the press. We’re supposed to be free of biases.”

I sighed and whispered back to his ear. “I know, but seriously. Who voted for that guy? He’s nothing but a big show off oaf!”

“C’mon!” He smiled as he pinched my nose. “Don’t be like that. I think he’s deserving. He has a GPA of 4.0. He’s smart, good-looking and he’s full of confidence. I bet he can run the school smoothly.” He said as he looked at Gongchan to take pictures.

I stared at him and whispered, “But so can you...”

He turned to me with a confused expression, “Huh what? What did you say?”

I panicked. DEMMIT. I hope he didn’t hear it. “Nothing, nothing.” I let out a grunt. “Gah! Now I have no choice but to actually interview him!”

---

When the event ended, I was really hesitant to go to the Mister El Presidente because, well, I just don’t like him, okay? He thinks he’s so awesome, when in fact he is not. GAAAAAAAAH!

Someone gave me a little push from the back, “Go on, do it. For the newspaper.”

“Please, go with me.” I begged.

“Of course, I will,” he giggled and then together we approached the wacko who was surrounded with people congratulating him.

“Congratulations, Gongchan.” Jinyoung started as he shook his hand.

“Why, thank you.” He smiled back.

PLASTIC!

Then Gongchan glared at me, examining me from head to toe. “So this is the person who ruined my moment. Thanks. So you probably want to take a picture with me now, eh? Brag about it on Facebook on how you got to talk to the new school president…”

OH MY FISH! THIS GUY!!!!

I was turning all red with anger as I clenched my fist. “For your information, I am here to conduct an interview that is against my will.” I said as I gritted my teeth.

“Against your will?” he scoffed. “Such good etiquette from the press.”

SARCASTIC TONE IS SARCASTIC.

Someone suddenly got hold of my hands to calm me down and I looked to me right seeing Jinyoung with the look that says “Keep Calm. B|”

Gongchan just looked at me and then at Jinyoung and then below. “Well, well, well. What do we have here? A couple.” Then he said to Jinyoung, “How do you handle such barbaric girl, man? If I were you, I’d go find another one. This one’s just…”

I couldn’t control it anymore that I tried to let go from Jinyoung’s grip but he held it so tight. “Let go of me.” I gritted. I continued to struggle from Jinyoung’s grip until I was able to break free and my hand went up and the last thing I knew was…

“OUCH! MY NOSE YOU BISH!” Gongchan cried out.