Our Hearts Together

You, Me and Forever.

Chapter 17

Gerald: Our Hearts Together

 

        I smell the scent of freshly baked cookies when I woke up. Kimberly is up already. She smiled my favorite smile of her as she saw me walk to the kitchen to greet her Good morning.

       ‘Hey, morning babe.’ I say as I kissed her cheeck from behind. She rubbed her free hand on my hair and kissed my cheek back. ‘Sit, let's have breakfast.’ She smiled sweetly I can't help but smile back.Who would have thought a beautiful woma like her knows how to do these kind of morning stuff. She’s so cool. This is the best morning of my life, waking up with the vanilla scent of my chinese angel, a breakfast she did all set for us and a bright smile that would light up my entire day.

        Sunday, Kimberly spent her entire day at my place. My mom insisted that I and Kim should keep our relationship close to them and her parents, too. A relationship that is hidden, is a relationship not worth-fignting, according to them.

        Days gone quite fast and smooth for me and Kimberly. Knowing each other didn't took a pressure on us. Everyday and every minute we spent with each other lead us to discover something new about each other as individuals and about both of us as lovers. Everyday she gave me reason to love her more. Everyday she makes me appreciate my self as a person. And everyday she inspires me to be the very best person I can be.

        I came to love her normal little things too like when she pout her lips whenever she think of something deep, when she squeeze my arms or thigh whenever she think she did something shameful. We sometimes also fight for small things like me insisting for her to have early dinner rather than waiting for me since I get off from work late sometimes or whenever I kept calling her when she said I should be working instead. But we deal every stupid fights we have therapeutically. Relationships normally has fights, for us we deal with it. We know we fight because we care for each other.

       One friday night we agreed to get out with Kimberly's cousins, and Rayver and Sam went with us too. I was pretty amazed of how cool we did relate with each other. Everyone was in pair in the dancefloor. Rayver and I couldn't stop smirking over Sam who's trying hard to flirt over Vielka. Vielka has this over the sky aura, no one can crash her down. Kimberly must be the shy-er version of her. Vin and Melissa we're cool too, but mature at the same time. They are 4 years older than us so I think, they really were acting according to their age.

      ‘So, what are your family's like, do they want you to marry chinese blood too?’ Sam randomly asked Vielka while were on our drinks . ‘Woah dude, are you sick?’ Rayver teased Sam. After few chuckles in our table, Vielka answered anyway. ‘It depends on our parents.. My grand mother is a pure chinese, she’s the traditionalist in our family. But, since it was my Mom who married an American, I don't know. It doesn't matter with them whether me and Vin would choose chinese too or not.’ ‘So I don't need to chink my eyes then?’ ‘You're eyes could never be chink dude! There’s no way!’ I nudged his back in a teasing way. Everyone was laughing. Kim and I barely had time with each other alone, but I don't feel bad at all, Kim's enjoying the company too just as me. It's surreal to have your closest friends and your girl all in one table, in one night-party. My life couldn't be perfect anymore.

       When I think about before these euphoric 3 weeks I had and now. I can't help but be dazzled. I didn't ask. I didn’t seek. I never saw all of these coming. I didn't expect I could have these, especially her. It sometimes makes me wanna ask myself what good did I do since birth for me to have her, for me to deserve Kimberly Chiu.

       Kim and I were walking hand in hand to the parking area to my car when Vielka called Kimberly. ‘Hey Kimberly, I forgot to tell you.’ she talked casually. ‘Be home tomorrow morning. My mom's going to drop your flight tickets tomorrow in your apartment..She's going to Singapore for new products early tomorrow.’

       Kimberly's flight tickets? What the hell are those. I mean to where.. I don't understand. I don’t know any single thing about that. Kim just nod to her cousin. ‘Flight tickets huh?’ I told her in a sarcastic tone as I open the car's door for her. There's this black thought in my head I don't wanna happen. No way. I urge myself to shake that thought since were driving. It was just awhile ago that I'm feeling so perfect, now I feel worst with all these questions I kept on repeating in my head.

       Kimberly didn't talk at all. I want her to say something, I don't want her waiting for my turn to ask, to please her to explain it to me. I don’t deserve this. It shouldn’t be this way. I suppose to know this before I knew I didn’t know. Why? Why is she acting this way. It plagues in my mind more.

       Once inside her apartment, she pour glass of water for me, still she doesn’t talk and doesn’t look me in the eye. . I can’t take it this way, my mind is going to blow. ‘So you're not gonna tell me what Vielka was talking about earlier?’ I hold her arms and urge her to sit across with me. Finally those chink eyes of her looked at mine. ‘Next Thursday, I'll fly back to Manila.’ ‘Next Thursday. Wow.’ I get up and looked away. I sounded so pissed. I can’t looked at her with this hatred in my heart. Hatred not with her, but with this, with the thought of her keeping this from me.  'Why babe? Do I have to be the last to know this?  Why didn't you tell me? Or did you even plan of telling me that you're going home already?’ ‘I was! I just.. I can't.. You were so happy, and I love seeing you that way. I can't afford to just spill this thing off. It's too early to break our hearts..’ She suddenly throw her arms on me and hug me tightly. She's crying. I feel her tears damping my shirt. My tears are about to drop too, but I hold back. I suppose to be strong. I kept rubbing her back until she stopped. I hold her face in my hands and wipe the tears all smeared in her face. Her eyes are now so chink I couldn’t even see her pupils anymore. Now I just don’t care about anything, I just want her to stop crying. I just want a peace for her heart, for our heart. ‘Tell me everything babe, and we'll sort those things out.’ I said to her, I was almost pleasing her. Because there's nothing else I can do. ‘I'm going home, I don't know when will I be back.’.. She's about to cry again. It pains me to see her cry. I don’t wanna see her this way. I’m suppose to kiss her tears away. She took my hand with her and looked me with pleasing eyes... ‘Don't hate me Gerald. Please?’ Her tears are rushing down again. ‘You can break up with me just.. just don't hate me..’ Whaaat? Break-up? Me? Hell, no! I’d rather die than break up with her. ‘Kimberaly how could you say that? No way I’m breakig up with you just because your going back to your place a million miles away from me.’ I hold her face in my hand and looked at her eyes closely. ‘I promise. I love you so much.’ I kissed her lips that were so close to mine. I need to. I need to feel how we are connected. And I need to make her feel that we are still connected. That we are one and together. Because it cuts my heart that she was about to fall apart, away from me. After making ourselves satisfied, I continue talking. ‘I don't have any idea how that freaking long distance relationship works but I swear, Kimberly.. I'll do everything to keep our hearts together, it's what I want and need at the same time. You and Me forever. It’s what I’m living for. That is suppose to and will happen to us, okay?’ She finally managed to smile despite the tears and her now-extremely-chinked eye.

 -- END of chapter 17, Gerald's POV. --