RED

You, Me and Forever.

You, Me and Forever.

Chapter 1

I never believed in angels…

Because I had never felt their wings.

I never believed in paradise…

Because I had never held the key.

I never believed in mirrors…

Because I hated what I’d see.

I never believed in love…

Because it never believed in me.

UNTIL YOU.

AMD.

 

GERALD: ‘RED.’
   I was awakened by the alarm that says I have an hour before a long day at my dad's office starts. I did not have a good sleep, but had enough to make this day blow like normal. I am working as a Junior Executive almost a year now in Missouri Department of State Civil Service, where my Dad is the Senior Executive. Today is the third Thursday since spring. Tomorrow is Friday and my 21st birthday too. The day I've been waiting for to leave my strict parents rule. The day I could start partying every night and do things I wanted to do without the consent of them. I don't hate my Dad and my Mom. And I'm not against them and their rules, I just think that I've been really really good son to them that I've been missing a life, a life a man of my age has been living loud and live, already.
   I was fishing out my keys to head to the office when my mom called.. 'Gerald, are you in your office yet? tell your staffs to drop by tomorrow.. you know it's your birthday baby I wanna..' 'Uhm. Mom wait..' 'Gerald it's your 21st..' 'yeah Mom but, I don't think that's necessary. I'm not gonna be at home tomorow.. I have something to do.' 'Oh, son. atleast have dinner with me and your dad..' 'I don't think I can Mom. I gotta go work. I’m almost late. I love you.’ I love how my mom keeps our family relationship tight, there is no doubt of the good Filipino values she had by heart. But sometimes, just sometimes it annoys the hell out of me. Parents can be very annoying sometimes.
   'Bro, 8pm tomorrow at the Grayyards. The lady in the reservations told me that there have been asian chics since last week there every night. A relative of the owner. It’s been awhile. You're hips should move fast over those chics man!' My best bud Rayver has always been like this when I agree to get out with our friends. He’s working for my Dad too. I only come once in every month of their every weekend parties. We drink, dance, make-out with hot chics, but I've barely had 6 hours with them. Man, I could even count those I have been for atleast 4 hours. 'Hah. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I could go under anyone's sheets bro. Though I would love that, you know. I want something new on my day. Perhaps something bad. Haha.' Kristine, my Rayver’s girlfriend over heard our conversation. 'Oh Gad Gerald! Even every night you go partyin’, the ladies out there are always ready to go under your pants. Lucky are those whom you laid your eyes with..' I Rubbed the back of my neck while smiling at my friends, remembering those nights that I feel like I was sneaking, almost, just almost rebelling against my parents. I don’t know why I’m cool with different girls in every night out. It makes me feel free and in control of everything. I don’t need crap dramas. Emotions mess everything up. Tomorrow I’ll be a man, and I'm completely rebelling.

   It was 4 in the aftrnoon when I got off from the office. I remember I need to buy stuffs for later's event which is summer-themed. It turned out that there we're quite customers this time in the department store. The two ladies before me in the line have bunch of items. But I was dazzled with the one before me. I can't see her face cos she’s chatting with her friend but her hair smells good, straight long and black and beautiful. I wonder wether there are vanilla shampoos, and if she used one. The lady in the counter points at a red silky two-piece suit, 'Sir this one's your item too?' 'No I think..' the dazzling woman grab the suit, she must be annoyed. I wanna see her face, but her dazzling hair almost covers her hair.  After the suit was credited and packed, she was gone. She must be embarassed with her red two-piece suit shown to a guy in a counter with a long line of costumers in a large department. I never noticed I was smiling. I almost forgot the lady in the counter was already giving me my items.
   The Grayyards were almost packed when we get in with our summer wear. The place that used to be dark is now sunkissed with tropical accent. 'Bro, keep your money off tonight, just drink, show us what you've got with that , and have fun! You twenty-one! Happy birtday bro. ' We all toast and drink and dance. The guys were already making moves. While I was drinking and talking with this woman running her hands through my hair, across the table I saw someone familiar. Something rather.  It was the red two-piece top I think that was familiar. It was red hot. But it wasn't just the top that was hot, how that top envelopes the chest of that woman. Then those doll arms, her long flawless legs, her bunned-hair fully exposing her neck, and.. Oh gad, I look away.I wonder how long I’ve been staring. The woman shot an eye on me, her eyes were chinky but her stare was fierce, it almost bored a whole in me.

   I didn't notice the woman next to me has already advanced in my lap. She's pretty hot, but I gradually withdraw from her arms. I like it when girls do the thing, it’s a lot less effort in my part. But why does it looks lame tonight? Something I don’t wanna do anymore. Okay Gerald, maybe not tonight, not with her.

   I moved to the dance floor, with the almost rubbing bodies. The djs mix tonight is pretty jiving, it moves and frees my entire body all at the same time. I was pretty carried by the grooving club music when I saw the red hot girl (who just did blow a stare on me) right next to me, also taken by the music. She looks so free and having fun. She's an Asian, not a Filipino but Chinese I bet. But wait. I’m smelling a familiar scent. A vanilla scent. I shake that unclear thought and looked at this beautiful woman closer. She didn't even look at me yet, but she’s already . Thanks to the nudge behind my back for bringing me back to reality. 'Dude, you better take her home.' I didn't say anything. I caught myself back to wandering again. My mind has already ran through ways I would want to do next with this vanilla-intoxicating woman who has already flashed the most beautiful shy smile in me. No, it was the cutest smile, too. I’m taken by surprise, with just a smile. How did she do that? Now I can’t stop my self. I wanna get close with her. We dance along with the music while I was fighting the urge to touch her, to snuggle my hands around her. I wish the dj won't stop the music. And I wish this woman will never get tired. She better not because.. because I will never be, with her. Never at all, anymore.

    'Wu-oh Gerald, where's the asian chic you were dancing along with earlier? You slow tonight huh!'Sam teased. 'Yeah bro. she was hot! Those chinky eyes, damn, why did my girl went with us tonight!' Kristine just rolled her eyes over Rayver.
'Ha-ha just watch out, she'll be mine tonight!' I boast.

 

  • END of Chapter ONE, GERALD’s POV. –