Nails

☆ Beauty Tips and Tutorials ☆

The nail plate is actually made up of dead cells so they don't breath while the nail bed and cuticles are made of live cells and need oxygen. Your nails will grow faster in the summer rather than the winter, why? Because in summer, the nail get closer to the sun more than winter and increases Vitamin E and helps the nails grow faster. Plus, if you are male then your nails will grow faster than female, except when they are pregnant.

Whether your right or left handed will depend on the nails on which hand will grow faster. The longer the fingers you have, the faster the nails grow. After recovering from an illness, your nails grow faster.

The growth of your nails are affected by nutrition, hormones and the age, but they do cause around 10% of skin problems.


There are many ways to get rid of nail polish:

1) Take vinegar and lemon, squeeze them in a bowl. Then apply to your nails using cotton ball. Repeat the process if needed. As both vinegar and lemon are acidic in nature they can remove nail polish easily. Best way is dip cotton stick into the bowl with vinegar and lemon juice then press it on your nail or 10 to 20 seconds. Then using a cotton ball wipe out the nail polish. Like wise you can use any citrus fruits if you don’t have lemon.

2) Take deodorant which you use and spray it on your fingernail make sure you spray form closer distance. Then using cotton ball wipe out the nail polish. You’ve to repeat the process if needed. Too add to this, you can use hair or body spray onto the nail then wipe out the polish with a cotton ball or stick but don't be late the hair spra may dry on your nails.

3)This might sound crazy if you didn’t tried it. To remove old nail polish apply nail polish or coat nail polish, then before drying wipe out nail polish. Old nail polish comes out with new one. Well this method should be your last method to try.

4) It’s proven that few tooth paste have ability to remove nail polish effectively. So you can try out that too! It’s simple apply tooth paste to your fingernails and then try wiping out with a soft cloth or cotton.


Nail care tips for girls

1) Cleaning

  • Give your nails massage with cotton dipped in freshly squeezed lemon juice regularly, this remedy helps you in getting strong and shiny nails.
  • Dip your nails in warm mustard oil and rubbing the surface will make your nails healthy.
  • To make weak nails strong immerse nails in olive oil for 15-20 minutes.
  • Always wash you hands, to keep it clean after work.
  • Use gloves while going out, and use rubber gloves while cutting vegetables or doing home work.
  • After washing let it dry.
  • Don’t soak your nails in water or liquid for longer time, fungus can invade very easily.

2) What to avoid.

It’s better not to use nail polish and other chemicals. You can have attractive nails even without a nail polish. Even if you applied, make sure you use less low quality dyes. Excess use of nail polish will make nails loose their natural pink color and shine.

3) Watch what you eat.

Eat Iron rich food, Beet root is rich in Vitamin D and calcium to make nails strong and save from peeling or brittle. Milk, Cheese, yogurt other calcium and Iron food should be taken in abundant (means have plenty of) Drink more water, atleast 2 liters per day. Avoid smoking, Alcohol and process food.

4) Trim your nails on time

Growing long nails may look attractive but very soon you will see nails become weak and break. Trim your nails regularly, remember that what ever your nails or hands have will get into your stomach. So, if you’ve long nails with dirt then chances of it going in to stomach is more. Use square shaped nail clipper to cut your nails. And don’t cut to edges, as this will expose your nails to dirt and sunlight causing fungus invasion.


How to remove Acrylic Nails

Using Acetone

For this method the necessary items required are:

  • Pure acetone
  • Glass bowl
  • Nail file
  • Nail clippers
  • Petroleum jelly
  • Nail buffer
  • Olive oil or hand cream or moisturizer
  • Newspaper or towel

Move ahead with the process given below after gathering necessary materials:

  1. Choose appropriate work place to work on which has lots of space and good support to rest the hands on. Cover the area with newspaper or towel to save it from any spills of the strong acetone.
  2. Clip down the nails as short as possible but ensure that they are not cut too short enough causing damage to the nail bed on which the original nail grows. File the gel or any external coat on acrylic nail.
  3. Fill the bowl with pure acetone and apply petroleum jelly leaving the nails before dipping the fingers into the bowl. Make sure that the nails are entirely immersed in the acetone in bowl.
  4. Leave the fingers dipped in acetone for nearly 20 minutes. This is the most essential step since acetone works on the glue used to stick on the acrylic nails. Petroleum jelly on the fingers will not lead to any dryness of the skin due to strong dosage of acetone.
  5. Take the fingers out from bowl and peel off the acrylic nails gently. If you feel the fake nails not coming off easily, soak the nails in acetone for some more time. Do not use additional force to remove acrylic nails which may cause damage to the natural nails. Utilize nail buffer to remove any extra nail glue leftover.
  6. After the artificial nails have come off, rinse hands properly with water to remove any smallest amount of acetone or petroleum jelly left.
  7. Apply olive oil or hand cream to moisturize the hands which may have lost their moist as an after effect of acetone

Without Acetone

How to take off acrylic nails without acetone?

  • Nail polish remover (acetone free)
  • Heavy hand cream or Olive oil
  • Petroleum jelly
  • Nail clipper
  • Orange stick
  • Nail buffer and filer
  • Big bowl
  • Hand towels
  1. Select a surface to work on the nails. Take the bowl and fill it with acetone-free nail polish remover with sufficient amount so that all the fingertips will soak into it.
  2. Before soaking the fingertips into the bowl, coat fingertips and nail cuticles with petroleum jelly for nail care.
  3. Fingertips only have to be soaked into the bowl instead of the entire hand and the nails have to be dipped into the nail polish remover for at least 20 minutes. This ensures that the acrylic gel applied will eventually soften and dissolve.
  4. Use orange sticks to softly scrub off the acrylic gel and dab it with a towel. If the gel does not come out easily, go ahead with the process of soaking the nails in the nail remover solution again for few more minutes and again go ahead with the scraping off gel with orange stick. Take care to not scrape off original nail surface under the acrylic nail coat.
  5. After removing the total acrylic coat on the nails, rinse hands with warm water and dry them with towel. Use nail buffer to take off the remaining acrylic on nail. Later use moisturizer to relieve skin.

That is all for today, I'm sorry. I was in London for a couple of days going to Thorpe Park. It was awesome, but it's still not my favourite park of all time (my god, I'm writing like a British person already).