9

Just A Facade

 

 

 

“Tell us the whole story. Now. Spit it out.” Sehun said flatly. They were inside a restaurant and everyone was in long table sitting together, Yilin winced and looked at her palms.

“Let’s start when you first arrived here.” Suho nodded.

Chanyeol who was seated next to her, placed his chin on her shoulder.

“Come on, baby girl.”

“Well, Kris ge sent me here to study, because he’s also coming back in a few weeks.”

They all nodded, while DO placed chopsticks on everyone’s plates. Luhan smiled and combed his fingers through his cousin’s hair.

“Then, I went to Daehan, even watched that basketball game, by the way, congratulations, oppas.” She smiled cheekily.

“And then?” Lay pressed.

“Tell us why you were being chased.” Kai said, Baekhyun nodded beside him. Tao leaned forward.

“Some students were bullying one of my friends, I kind of…got into trouble with that girl..Saemi…?”

The guys sighed.

“But, why do they hate Jaekyung unnie so much?” She blinked, Luhan looked away.

“Because, Jaekyung and-” Chanyeol winced as Baekhyun threw a chopstick at him.

“Anyway, come on guys, let’s eat.” Suho chuckled.

 

“What!?” Luhan blinked.

“Why would you do that? Living alone?!”

Yilin cringed, she was inside her cousin’s car.

“No, you are moving out, I’m sure this isn’t part of Kris’s plan.”

“But ge, I don’t want to be seen at school together with you guys.” She mumbled.

“Why is that?” Luhan snapped.

“I mean, you guys are just so….”

“Doesn’t matter, you are moving out of that dorm tonight, mei.”   

“Mei, we’re family, besides, you’re under my care now.” Luhan smiled at her before stepping on the gas.

 

Jaekyung and Hyorin were making their way to their class, when suddenly the students paused and some smiled giddily. It was always the same every morning, Exo guys arrived and everyone would stop and stare. Hyorin stopped and dragged her friend to see them.

“Seriously, Hyo. We see them everyday.” Jaekyung sighed, then they saw Suho’s red Audi pull over, he got off with Kai and Sehun. Then Luhan’s white Ferrari stopped, Luhan got off the car.

“I didn’t know Suho’s back-” Hyorin got cut off when she saw a girl step out from Luhan’s car.

“I saw him yester-” Jaekyung blinked.

Nayoung shut the door, and Kai walked to her and casually wrapped one arm around her neck. They saw Nayoung wince as she noticed how many people were looking. Luhan just smiled and took her hand as they walked towards the building.

“Wait… Nayoung…” Hyorin blinked. Jaekyung bit her lip in discomfort.

“You did say that Exo helped you because of her, right?”

“Hyo, let’s go.”

“Does that mean one of them has taken interest in her?”

Hyorin frowned as she walked with her friend.

“It’s been a while since Luhan sunbae smiled like that!”

“That girl’s so lucky!”

“Isnt she the new student?”

Jaekyung shut out the voices around her and walked to her class.

 

Yilin stepped in the cafeteria and began searching for her friends, she spotted Jaekyung and Hyorin eating at their usual table, she smiled and was about to walk to them, but then Tao pulled her back.

“Ge.” She whined, Tao grinned and pulled her towards where the others were sitting.

“Come on, mei.”

“Baby girl!” Chanyeol’s voice boomed as they neared them. People turned and stared at them.

“Here you go, Yilinie.” DO placed a box in front of her.

“What’s this oppa?” She asked, Luhan scooted over for her to sit.

“DO hyung made us food.” Tao said as he sat beside her.

“Really? I’ll eat this well, oppa!” She grinned and began to pull the lid.

“So, did Saemi talk to you again today?” Baekhyun asked.

“Not really.”

Suho smiled and patted her hand. Then Yilin heard a familiar shrill voice that made her look up.

 

Female students were green with jealousy as they watched Nayoung interact with Exo. They had no idea why she was sitting there.

“Who is she dating among them?” Hyorin murmured. Jaekyung smiled and shrugged.

Then Saemi appeared before them.

She slammed her tray on their table.

“Ya, , did you teach her your ways?” She snapped at Jaekyung.

“What are you saying?” Jaekyung looked up.

“Look.” She stabbed one finger towards Nayoung’s direction.

“She’s flirting her way to Exo. She must have learned it from you!”

“Saemi-”

“You’re using other people to get Luhan again? Shame on you, you -”

“Excuse me?” A voice joined them, Nayoung walked towards Saemi.

“Just the person I’m looking for.” Saemi smirked at her.

“You just don’t get it don’t you?” Nayoung smirked back.

“What did Jaekyung teach you? How to seduce Exo?”

Nayoung chuckled heartily.

“You’re laughing?”

“If anyone who’s the here, it’s you, Saemi sunbaenim.”

Hyorin blinked, the moment Nayoung’s eyes hardened, she remembered someone, but she couldn’t point out who.

“? Ya, sophomore, listen up. I’ll make you suffer!”

“Hm, go ahead.” Nayoung nodded.

 

“That doesn’t look safe.” Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed a bit, Lay looked up and smiled.

“Just like the brother.”

Luhan looked up and sighed.

“She seems really pissed.” DO commented, Suho nudged Luhan.

“Ya, go to your cousin, you know how angry she can get.”

 

“Just because you sit with them that doesn’t mean we wont come after you, Nayoung.” Saemi spat.

“Nayoung, stop.” Jaekyung pulled her wrist.

“No unnie, aren’t you sick of this? She’s always stepping on you.”

“Trust me, she’s worth stepping on.”

“Will you please shut your trap?” Nayoung snapped.

“Ya, how dare you~” Saemi raised her palm, but then she froze on the spot.

 

“Don’t even.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++