4

Just A Facade

 

“Thanks for the food!” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed in the court as he opened his lunchbox.

Kyungsoo chuckled and sat down.

“How was Thailand?” Lay asked, him and Luhan decided to join the others to welcome their friend.

“I learned a lot of cooking techniques.” DO grinned and chewed on a piece of chicken.

The seven of them were sitting on the floor, eating.

“Dong An’s coming here in a few days, hyung.” Kai said. DO blinked and looked at Luhan questioningly.

“They sent us a warning of some sort, I don’t know what they’re up to.” Luhan replied and set his food down.

“We’re going to be outnumbered.” Sehun murmured.

“What are you saying, maknae?” Chanyeol looked up.

“Don’t you remember? Dong An and Konkuk teamed up last year.”Sehun replied.

“Chen ge got injured that year.” Tao frowned.

“It’s going to be fine, they can’t beat us.” Luhan slapped the younger one’s shoulder.

 

Jaekyung stepped in the cafeteria with Hyorin, and she felt people staring at her again. She paused and looked up, just a few tables away, Luhan and his friends were sitting down enjoying an afternoon snack.

Hyorin pulled her way to another direction and sat down.

“I didn’t know Kyungsoo’s back.” Hyorin said as she eyed the table again.

“Ya, who do you really like among them?” Jaekyung asked as she picked up her spoon.

“I like Kris, but he’s away.” She frowned and leaned on her elbows, Jaekyung chuckled lightly.

 

Luhan saw Jaekyung and her friend walk in the room, he looked away and took a sip from his coffee.

Kyungsoo frowned and glanced at the older girl.

“Hyung, have you cleared things with noona?” He asked. Everyone on the table tensed.

“There’s nothing to clear.” Luhan replied.

Sehun tapped his fingers on the table.

“I miss the times when everyone was here, right, how’s Yilin doing, hyung?” Kai asked Luhan.

Tao looked up.

“I tried calling her a few days ago, she wouldn’t answer.” Sehun said.

“I kind of miss mei mei, its been two summers since she last visited.”  Lay said.

“She’s doing okay, but she claims that her brother’s driving her crazy.” Luhan mused.

Tao smiled, then a box of chocolates suddenly appeared in front of Luhan’s face. They guys chuckled. Luhan blinked.

“Uhm,…sunbae, can…you accept my love?”

 

It was a sunny Thursday morning, and everyone at Daehan was excited over the game that was happening on the day. Posters and pictured were seen all around the campus.

A black Mercedes Benz pulled over right in front of Daehan University’s façade, a young girl wearing an A line skirt, a plain white shirt a purple cardigan stepped down and walked towards the admissions office.

“Good morning, I’m the new student.” The girl greeted in perfect Korean.

“Yes, yes, Nayoung, right?”

The girl nodded and followed the lady.

“These are your stuff.” She gave her a paper bag that consisted of her uniform and ID. Then she was given a few handbooks.

“Why don’t you roam around the school today to familiarize yourself, and, there’s a game between another university today, you might want to watch.”

“Yes, I’ll do that.” She smiled and gave her a polite bow, then she stepped out of the office.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++