38

Just A Facade

 

 

Jaekyung was well enough to stand, her cut was already bandaged and her wounds cleaned. Luhan sighed in relief as he saw her walk out of the clinic.

“How’s Kris?” She asked.

Luhan’s brows furrowed. Jaekyung bit her lip.

“How…a year ago, why didn’t you tell me?”

Jaekyung looked away.

“They told me if I didn’t do it, they would kill Chen.”

“Chen? There was no way they can do that-”

“He was unconscious that time! He was badly hurt!” Jaekyung shook her head.

“I could not risk it. He is one of your best friends, if they hurt him, Luhan, I cant…bear to see you-”

“So, you chose to suffer alone?”

Jaekyung looked down.

“You don’t how much I wanted to ask you why you suddenly left.” Luhan grabbed the tops of her arms.

“I..had to do it, there was so much at stake.”

Luhan shook his head.

“Why didn’t…you even try to tell me..or anyone?”

“It was pointless, Luhan.” Jaekyung shook her head.

“No, it’s not, and it’s all my fault, I couldn’t protect you well. Jaekyung, I’m so sorry.”

“No, it-”

Luhan pulled her to him and engulfed her in his arms.

“I’m so sorry.” He murmured. Jaekyung felt tears line her eyes.

“You’re safe now, I wont let anyone hurt you again.”

 

 

Tao frowned as he took one of Yilin’s hands and started to wipe them with a warm towel, Kris’s blood and Jaekyung’s had stained her uniform, but she refused to move from where she was sitting. Baekhyun and was pacing frantically, while Chanyeol remained quiet, sitting beside Suho and Xiumin.

 

“Na, you should at least eat something.” DO knelt down on one knee to see her face.

She shook her head. Lay glanced at the younger girl worriedly. Earlier, he himself wanted to hit Doojoon with the bat to finish him off, but he knew better. No one wanted a death in his hands.

“Na, you need to change.” Sehun walked to her, then he placed a duffel bag beside her.

“I’m not sure if these will fit you, but they’re clean.” He smiled gently. Nayoung looked at him and gently squeezed his hand.

“Thanks, oppa.” She nodded. Tao gave her shoulder a light squeeze before standing up.

“Don’t be scared, baby girl. I’ll join you at the restroom- Oh, I can’t.” Chanyeol blinked. Kai shook his head.

“I will.” A feminine voice joined them. Jaekyung smiled at Nayoung gently.

It only took one glance for Luhan to see how worried his younger cousin was.

“Mei.” He walked to her, Nayoung shook her head.

“Mei, he’s going to be okay. The doctors are doing their best.” Luhan wrapped his arms around her and started to rub her back reassuringly.

“It’s been two hours ge.”

Luhan sighed and gently pushed her and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“Be strong, mei. Kris trained you to be strong. He’s going to be fine.”

 

Nayoung splashed water on her face, Jaekyung smiled as she handed her the towel, she was now dressed in Sehun’s sweats and a white top.

“Thanks, unnie. Are…you feeling better?     

“I am.” She nodded, Yilin faced the older girl.

“I’m happy that you’re back with gege now.”

Jaekyung’s eyes widened.

“Na, it’s not like that-”

“He kissed you.” She smiled. Jaekyung’s cheeks started to heat up.

“I misunderstood you before unnie, I’m sorry.”

Jaekyung smiled and took both of her hands.

“I’m just relieved your safe, Na. I saw how…you hit Doojoon.”

Yilin shook her head.

“Unnie, don’t try to switch the topic, you and Luhan ge should be back together again.”

“Na-”

 

 

“And I’m going to make that happen.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++