37

Just A Facade

 

Yilin was pushed by Tao as the fight started. She stood back, searching for a way to get to Nayoung. She glanced around her.

tumblr_momqg5lECR1rdjr6io4_400.gif

“Mei, stay put!” Tao said as he landed on the ground, then proceeded to help Sehun with Junhyung and Eli.

Nayoung stood up again, brushing the dust from her palms. She picked up one of the steel flashlights from the floor.

tumblr_momqg5lECR1rdjr6io5_500.gif

“This is going to be messy-” She felt someone pull her back.

“We meet again.” AJ mused, Nayoung tensed as he dragged her towards Jaekyung.

Then AJ pushed her towards the floor, Nayoung smirked at him.

“No time to be arrogant-” AJ felt the heel of her shoe hit his cheek, then Nayoung hit his shoulder with the flashflight.

“ off.”  She spat before elbowing his nose. Then she tossed the flashlight to Xiumin who was struggling with Kiseop.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!” Yilin frantically pulled her up, Jaekyung’s uniform was stained in blood. Nayoung shook her head as she slapped the other girl’s face to wake her up, then Luhan appeared beside her.

“I’ll take her. Mei, don’t join the fight, please.”

“Ge-”

“Just go!” Luhan said as he started to lift Jaekyung in his arms.

“….Lu…Nayoung..Luhan?” Jaekyung’s eyes flitted briefly. Luhan sighed in relief. The fight was still going on around them.

“Put me…down..I’m…”

“No, you’re not fine.” Luhan said firmly. Jaekyung shook her head weakly.

“Lu-”

Luhan planted his lips on hers.

“Don’t argue with me now.”

“Ge!”

“Hyung!”

 

Time seemed to stop, as soon as Yilin heard Chanyeol yell, she turned.

She saw Doojoon clutching to a piece of wood, just beside him was her brother, blood started to flow from his hairline. Then he collapsed, face front on the floor.

She heard her other friends gasped, the fights stopped. Yilin turned her eyes towards Doojoon. Suho and Baekhyun were the first ones to get to Kris,

She couldn’t focus on anything but her brother. Lying on the floor, his head bleeding.

Then she picked up one of the steel bats from the floor. Swiftly, she leaped towards Doojoon.

“You’re going to regret this.”  She said as she hit his knees, causing him to wince and fall down on his back, then the bat’s tip connected under his chin. Doojoon’s choked on his own blood as his gums started to bleed.

“How does it feel now?” She spat, her tone venomous.

The others were about to step in, but Exo started to block them.

Yilin hit Doojoon’s left cheek with a swift swing.

“Mei, stop.”

Yilin ignored Luhan.

“Na, you’re going to kill him.” DO was about to step forward.

Yilin glared back at them.

“What did my brother ever do to you?!” She was about to raise the bat, but Tao ran to her and lifted her by the waist, then he disarmed her.

“Yilin, listen to me,” He cupped her cheeks.

“He’s not worth it, mei.”

Yilin’s eyes focused on him.

“Not worth it. We need to get Kris ge to the hospital.” Tao said firmly. Nayoung glanced at her brother, Suho was already running towards his car.

“Mei, please.”

She pulled away from Tao and ran to her brother.

“Ge! You have to wake up!” She knelt beside Kris, she leaned down and placed his head on her lap.

“Ge! Don’t do this, wake up!”

 

 

Then Yilin started to sob.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++