31

Just A Facade

 

Myungsoo looked up as Yilin joined him.

“Uhm, hey?” He smiled. Nayoung shrugged and sat on the grass beside him with her tray of food.

“Aren’t your brothers going to-”

“I just want quiet time today, you’re not eating?”

“Don’t feel like it.” Myungsoo shook his head. Nayoung nodded and opened her sandwich.

“You don’t seem to feel well.”

“Right, I don’t know how to deal with things.”

“…Are you feeling better now?” He asked.

“Well, I got hit by an enemy gang, I should feel better.” She chuckled flatly.

“That’s the spirit.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes but then he glanced at her side profile. He frowned.

If only you weren’t Kris’s sister.

 

“Okay, so, did you have a fight with mei?” Chen glanced at Kris.

“No.”

“Luhan?” Suho asked.

“I haven’t spoken to her since last night.” Luhan replied as he continued to eat. Jaekyung glanced at Luhan briefly then she stood up.

“I…still have class. Bye.” She murmured, then she got her tray and walked towards the trash bins. Hyorin balked and followed her friend.

“You should have tried to talk to her, ge.” Lay sighed.

Luhan shook his head.

“But, Nayoung looked….different.” Sehun said.

“Something must have been bothering her.” Xiumin nodded, then DO glanced around.

“Where’s Tao?”

 

“Mei.”

Myungsoo and Nayoung looked up.

“Ge.” Nayoung stood up.

“Come and eat inside.”

“Ge, it’s okay. I’ll eat here.” Nayoung replied.

“It wasn’t a question.” Tao said flatly, his fists were curled in his pockets. Nayoung bit her lip.

“Ge…I…just want to eat here outside, it’s…more quiet.”

Tao’s eyes fleetingly went to Myungsoo.

“You are coming to eat with us.” Tao stated.

“Ni you she me cuo?(What is wrong with you?)”

Tao looked away.

“I want to eat here, ge. Deal with it.” Nayoung sighed.

 

Jaekyung bit her lip as she stepped in the empty classroom, Hyorin squeezed her arm.

“What happened back there? Did…you patch up things-”

“Aniya, I….we just talked.”

“What does that mean?”

“I told him…that I don’t know what came to me when I started kissing…Myungsoo.”

Hyorin almost slapped herself.

“Why would you say that?” Hyorin groaned.

“It’s…the truth.”

“Sure, the whole truth.” Hyorin eyed her warily.

“Hyo,”

“Jaekyung-ah, you’re going to regret this, hiding the truth from Luhan and the others, wont do you well, or anybody else.”

“What if they hurt him again?” Jaekyung lashed back.

“Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one who’s going to get hurt?”

“Hyo-”

“When I heard the rumor about you…leaving Luhan because of Myungsoo..I knew it was false, Jaekyung. I was…just waiting for you to tell me the truth, why can’t you..”

“Because I still love him, Hyo, I don’t want to see him hurt!”

“You never had feelings for Myungsoo, I know that. This..”him” you speak of…is Luhan. Lying to him-”

“If I tell him everything, he will just get hurt.”

“Jae-”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Jaekyung shook her head and walked out of the room.

 

“Where were you?” Kris looked up as Yilin stepped out of her classroom. Female students glanced and giggled as they passed.

“Class, ge.”

“I know that, I meant during lunch.”

“I ate outside.”

“Alone?”

Nayoung blinked.

“Tao ge didn’t tell you?”

“I thought he was with you, he went out after you.” Kris looked at her.

“He left after we…spoke.”

Kris nodded then he wrapped one arm around her shoulder and pulled her to the doors.

“I have practice, ge.” She said.

“I know.”

“But-”

“Mei, any time, Dongan or Konkuk will attack us, I have to keep you in my sight.”

“Ge-”

“The same goes for Jaekyung, Luhan..he’s watching over her.” Kris almost smiled. Yilin’s brows furrowed.

 

“Dinner, here?” Nayoung said skeptically as Kris and her walked in the cafeteria. Kris nodded and took her hand, to prevent her from escaping.

“Mei!” Lay smiled as they neared the table. Nayoung smiled, then she noticed Jaekyung and Hyorin with them.

“Hi, Na!” Hyorin smiled.

“Unnie.” She nodded before she slipped beside Suho.

“Why are we eating here-”

DO placed a piece of kimchi in .

“O-ppa!” She grumbled. DO chuckled.

“We’re kind of celebrating.” Baekhyun said.

“For?”

“You know why.” Baekhyun glanced at Luhan and Jaekyung, the two were sitting next to each other.

“They’re dating again?” Nayoung turned to her brother. Everyone looked up at her tone.

“They’re friends.”

“Why? That’s…..” Yilin glanced at her cousin. She noticed the way her cousin would glance at Jaekyung, then his eyes would soften. Nayoung smiled to herself.

Oh, well.

“So, gege knows she cheated on him.” She said.

Luhan balked at his cousin.

“I heard Jaekyung unnie and Hyorin unnie talk in the restroom.” She murmured, Tao observed her face, her emotions were kicking in.

“Uhm, Na, I should have told you~”

“You know what unne, it’s fine. As long as everyone’s safe, I was stupid for thinking that way. Let’s eat!” She smiled. Kris exhaled and pulled her down to sit again.

“We need to talk later.”

“Why?”

“That guy earlier, he’s not safe.”

“Here we go again, anyway, I hope Lulu ge and unnie gets back together.”

“Mei?”

“What?”

“Don’t try to switch the topic.”

“Are you two fighting again?” Luhan called.

“Nothing new in that, come on, Na, I’ll help you get food.” Kai stood up and tugged on her arm.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++