16

Just A Facade

 

 

 

Nayoung eyed the school gates wanly as Kris stepped on the gas.

“Take someone with you next time you go for practice, especially when you’re alone.” Kris said flatly.

“No need to, ge. Yesterday was-“

“You almost died.” Kris glanced at her. Nayoung sighed and nodded.

“Just call me or the others, they’d be happy to join you.”

Yilin smiled.

It was nice to have her stoic brother around.

“But ge, how did Luhan gege know that Jaekyung unnie cant swim?” She asked as Kris pulled over at the lot. Kris swallowed lightly.

“They must have..I don’t know mei, we’re here.” He nodded, Yilin opened the door and slid down from the BMW.

 

Hyorin looked up as he saw the Wu siblings arrived, Yilin slid down from the car and was soon surrounded by her brother’s friends.

“It’s Wu Yilin!” People started to chat around, Jaekyung glanced up.

“Well, now you see the two together, that’s why Na looked so familiar.” Jaekyung nodded.

“The mannerisms too, but Nayoung has emotions, Kris doesn’t.”

Jaekyung chuckled.

“She’s the only female who can talk to Exo. How lucky!”

“She’s Exo’s black pearl!”

Then they all quieted down as soon Nayoung started to walk towards them, with Kai and Sehun behind her.

“Unnie, let’s have lunch together later hm?”

“Arasso, get to class.” Jaekyung pinched her cheek, Kai and Sehun looked away.

“You have to reserve me a seat, when I eat with the oppas I just get robbed. See you later.” Nayoung beamed before Kai pulled her towards the building. Jaekyung smiled and looked up, then she paused as she noticed Luhan arrive. He lithely slid down from his car, then his eyes met hers. Jaekyung winced and looked away.

Hyorin frowned as she glanced at the two.

“Ya, maybe it’s time to tell him-”

“I cant have anyone hurt again.” Jaekyung shook her head before walking to class.

 

Yilin sighed as she glanced at the two males who were seated on her left and right.

“Seriously, does it have to go this far?” She asked, Kai nodded.

“Oh Sehun?” She turned to him.

“I don’t want to see you hurt, Na.”

Nayoung looked up, most of her female classmates were eyeing the two males beside her.

“But you’re getting too much attention, I don’t like this.”

“I know.” Kai grinned and pinched her cheek.

“I can protect myself you know, I don’t even-”

“Just shut it, Na. Ranting your head off wont make any difference.”

 

Nayoung stepped out of the classroom with two towers hovering behind her.

“I thought you two have practice?” She asked, Kai and Sehun narrowed their eyes at her.

“Seriously, just go guys. I’ll be at the cafeteria.” She shrugged them off and started to walk away.

“Don’t talk to strangers, Na!” Kai called out.

“I’m not five, Jongin.” She muttered back.

Nayoung sighed as she exited the building, it was already four in the afternoon and she wanted to meet up with Jaekyung.

“Unnie?” She called as she saw the older girl standing by the doors.

“Sorry, did you wait long? I had to get rid of Kai and Sehun.”

“No, let’s go. It might rain soon.”

Hyorin wrapped one arm around Nayoung’s.

“Today, I’ll treat you two to coffee!”

“Unnie, can you add cake too?” Nayoung nudged her.

 

“They know each other?” Eli smiled to himself as he turned to Kiseop and Hoon.

“That makes her an easier target, but does that mean that this girl knows how to fight too?” Hoon glanced at the coffee shop where Nayoung, Jaekyung and Hyorin were eating.

“We’ll have to check on that, but looking at her, she doesn’t seem like it.” Kiseop nodded.

 

“We should do this every week, it’s fun.” Hyorin mused as they stepped out of the shop.

Yilin nodded while getting her phone from her bag.

“But, you don’t have swim practice today, Na?” Jaekyung asked.

“I ditched. But still I have to head back to school, Kris ge and Luhan ge asked me to-”

“You’re Daehan’s students right?”

The three turned and saw three guys in masks looking at them, blocking their way. Hyorin and Jaekyung flinched. Yilin looked around, the road was empty.

“Well, we cant deny that. We’re wearing our uniforms.” Nayoung replied calmly. The guy in the middle chuckled.

“Very well said, Wu Yilin.”

Nayoung blinked.

“How did you know her name?” Hyorin asked defiantly, the three guys stepped forward, Jaekyung and Hyorin stepped back. Yilin looked at them straightly.

“Just like the brother, extremely stubborn and arrogant.”

“Will you please just let us pass?” Yilin asked.

Eli smiled behind his mask and placed his hand on Yilin’s shoulder, then he grimaced as Yilin took his arm and twisted it behind him. Hoon and Kiseop stepped back.

“Now, will you let up pass?” She asked while smirking at the other two, then she pushed Eli to the ground.

“Let’s go, unnies.”

“Not yet, why leave so early?” Hoon grabbed her backpack.

Jaekyung felt someone pull her from behind.

“Even Luhan’s girl is here, this is a double jackpot.” Kiseop chuckled. Hyorin froze as she saw Eli stand up.

“You….are going to regret this, Wu Yilin.” He grabbed her chin and looked at her face menacingly.

“Why don’t you tell your beloved gege and his idiotic Exo friends-”

 

 

“Let them go.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++