15

Just A Facade

 

 

Luhan tossed his phone in the car, he started the engine and started to speed away from the school.

He had no idea why Jaekyung would even think of dropping herself in the water.

He stepped on the gas further as he exited from the gates.

“What’s wrong with me? Why is she back in my life again?”

 

Jaekyung rubbed her hands together as she stepped out from the gym, she turned and saw Yilin chatting with Sehun and Kai while walking.

She smiled.

There was just something so charming and natural about Yilin, she was comfortable around her.

But she paused, Luhan and Tao had walked in the gym earlier. Clearly, they both knew that Yilin was in for practice.

She remembered the time when Luhan saved Nayoung from Saemi, and the other time at the ladies’ comfort room.

Luhan had been watching over Yilin.

She felt her chest tighten a little.

You deserve better, Luhan.

She nodded to herself.

“Unnie, we can drop you off.” Yilin walked towards her.

Jaekyung glanced back at the Exo guys.

“It’s fine, I’ll go ahead. Take care.” She smiled and squeezed her hand before leaving.

 

“No wonder you’re freezing.” Tao said as he touched Yilin’s damp hair. She made a face as Tao handed her a towel.

“Wrap that around your head on your way home.”

Chanyeol and Lay grinned from behind them, Kris started the car and honked.

“Thanks, ge. I will. Bye guys!” Yilin slapped his arm before walking to her brother’s car.

“Bye, Baby girl!” Chanyeol waved. They watched as the car leave.

“Maybe it’s time you tell her, Huang Panda.” Lay said.

“Definitely.” Chanyeol nodded.

“I..like the way things are now, ge. I don’t want it to change.”

“Who says it will change? It will just improve.” Chanyeol nodded.

“I don’t want to lose her, what if we…become….estrange after I tell her?”

Lay just sighed.

“Tell her earlier, you’re going to regret it.”

 

“Unnies!” Nayoung chirped as she joined the two at the school’s open field.

“I heard about the pool incident, are you okay?” Hyorin asked.

“I’m fine, unnie.” She smiled and sat down.

Jaekyung smiled at her.

“But unnie, I didn’t know you couldn’t swim.”

“Don’t show off now, Na.” She grinned. Nayoung chuckled.

“Still, why does Luhan ge know that and I don’t? Are you two close?” Yilin asked. Hyorin choked on her juice.

“No…it’s not like that..he just saw me…hanging onto that floating device while… trying to help you.”

Yilin nodded and glanced at her, her eyes filled with doubt.

 

“He still loves her.” Kris stated.

“He was so mad, ge. You should have seen it.” Tao shook his head, they were in the cafeteria, chatting with the others, Luhan had been absent for the whole day.

“They did suit each other well.” Suho smiled. Kai leaned on the table.

“I still cant believe she would break hyung’s hurt. They loved each other a lot.” Kai said.

Tao glanced at the tall windows.

“It was so much better when they were together.”

 

 

“Did you get her name?” Soohyun asked. Eli smirked.

“Wu Yilin, she goes by Nayoung too.” He replied.

“Wu?” Dongho looked up.

“She’s Kris’s younger sister, she’s in the swim team too.” EIi replied. Soohyun smirked.

“Other details?”

“Some say she’s Luhan’s new interest or something like that, but no one really knows for sure.”

“So he’s over that Shin Jaekyung already?” Soohyun chuckled

“That one was easy to fix.” Kevin grinned.

“Then we’ll have to fix this new one too, anything to break Exo. Last year we got Jongdae.”

They chuckled.

 

“Time to meet this young lady then.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++