14

Just A Facade

 

“More training for you?” Jaekyung asked as she stepped in the indoor gym.

Yilin smiled from the water as she pulled down her swimming goggles.

“Thanks for coming to see me, unnie.”

“Did the coach punish you?” She smiled.

“I came in twenty minutes later, because DO oppa insisted that I should eat first.” Yilin grunted.

“Just continue, I’ll wait for you.” Jaekyung grinned.

 

“Yilin joined the swim team.” Suho stated as Lay switched on the television. Kris stopped on his way towards the fridge.

“Wh-”

“I heard they have more male members than females.” Lay blinked towards Suho.

“She, what-”

“Do they have separate training pools?” Tao looked up.

“I don’t think so, Zitao.” DO replied as he set a bowl of popcorn on the table, Sehun and Kai elbowed each other as they watched Tao’s expression.

“What about the changing rooms?” Tao asked. Kris eyed him wanly and he sat down.

“Of course, different rooms, you idiot.” DO sighed. Chanyeol chuckled and leaned back. Luhan just shook his head.

“It doesn’t sound safe.” Tao said.

“I know, and those are my lines.” Kris stared at him.

Luhan checked the time.

“I promised mei I would pick her up from the gym. I have to go.” He stood up, Kris nodded.

Tao stood up and followed his hyung.

Soon, they heard Tao and Luhan’s cars start and they sped away.

“He still likes her.” Suho mused.

“When will he even confess?” Lay looked up from the screen, they all glanced up at Kris.

“Hyung….you…don’t….you’re okay with that right?” Chanyeol blinked.

“Is there a reason that I shouldn’t be?”

Suho and DO smiled.

“Then, I shall play cupid!” Chanyeol stood up and smiled to himself.

“I smell disaster.” Sehun stated monotonously.

 

Jaekyung was reading quietly as Yilin went on with her laps.

“Nayoung? I think the school’s closing in a few-” She looked up and froze, she couldn’t see Nayoung anywhere. Jaekyung dropped her book and stood up. She ran towards the poolside and searched for the younger girl.

“Nayoung-” She froze as she noticed Nayoung, she was at the pool’s middle, clearly struggling. Jaekyung panicked, she couldn’t swim.

“She cant hold that long.” She shook her head, then she boldly dove in the water.

 

Luhan walked in with Tao inside the indoor gym for the pool. They both paused as they saw the place empty.

They scanned the place and walked towards the pool. The two froze as they noticed Jaekyung and Yilin. Jaekyung was hanging onto one of the pool’s floating dividers, her eyes were directed towards Yilin, who was now underwater, unmoving.

“Luhan, it’s Na-” Jaekyung choked as she saw him.

“Tao get Jaekyung, I’ll get mei-”

Before he could finish, Tao dove in the water and swam towards Yilin.

 

Tao took a deep breath as he submerged from the water with Nayoung in his arms. Luhan had just helped Jaekyung get from the pool, careful not to meet her eyes.

“Mei?” He called as he helped Tao lift Yilin from the pool, Jaekyung looked at the younger girl in worry. Yilin lay lifelessly on the floor, her lips pale.

“Wu Yilin!” Tao yelled as he started to pump on her chest.

Then, water came out from her lips. Yilin coughed and slowly opened her eyes.

Luhan sighed in relief. Tao grabbed a towel and hastily wrapped it around her as he helped her sit up.

“Ge…what..happened?” She swallowed, Tao didn’t reply, instead he just wrapped his arms around her.

“You got a leg cramp, Na. I-”

“You, what are you thinking?!” Luhan snapped as he stood up, he was wet from head to toe.

No one dared to speak.

“You know very well you cant swim, why did you have to jump in?!”

“Ge, I can swim-”

“Not you!” Luhan glared at Jaekyung. Tao looked away.

Yilin blinked.

How did he know unnie can’t swim?

“I had to help her.” Jaekyung said quietly.

“You could have called the others! Are you trying to kill yourself?”

“Ge.” Yilin looked at him.

Luhan looked away, Tao stood up and handed Jaekyung a towel.

“You’ll get a cold, noona.” He muttered. Luhan took out his phone and stepped out.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” Yilin asked as they sat down. Jaekyung smiled at her.

“I thought you-”

“You didn’t have to jump in to save me, unnie.”

“I cant just watch you-”

“Yilin!”

“Baby girl!”

“Mei!”

Loud voices were heard from the entrance, soon Exo was already in the room, Kris strode to his sister and took her by the shoulders.

“What happened?” He asked.

“I had a sudden…leg cramp, ge.” She replied, Kris sighed in relief and hugged her lightly.

“You’re okay now, good.” He nodded.

“What….happened?” Lay blinked as he noticed Jaekyung also sitting down, her hair wet.

“Unnie wanted to help me, but-”

“But you can’t swim!” Suho balked.

Yilin blinked, then she saw her older cousin step away from them then he left.

Something’s wrong here. Jaekyung unnie and Luhan ge, there’s something I don’t know about them. They know each other. Even Suho oppa knows she can’t swim.

“Are you okay?” Sehun poked her forehead.

“Just a little cold.” She replied.

“Go and changed now.” DO said as he pushed her towards the changing rooms.

She turned and saw Jaekyung stand up.

“Unnie, I have extra clothes. You need them.” She said. Jaekyung nodded and followed her.

“Unnie?”

“Hm?”

“Thanks.” Yilin said.

“Ya, I didn’t-”

“I know, but still..thanks.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++