A Woogyu Squabble

Oneshots

Woohyun stormed in and slammed the door to his room, a crash reverberating throughout the entire dorm.

 

He hated Sunggyu right now. He really did.

 

Just when he thought that Sunggyu was going to give him a break, just this one time, the said leader stabbed him in the back, and ridiculed him not only in front of Infinite and the managers, but also the CEO as well.

 

Said that he was pitiful, a child, and a burden to all of Infinite.

 

Sunggyu said those things about him with those cold, small, searing eyes that held no mercy.

 

Where was the Sunggyu who cared for all of Infinite, who had special eyes only for Woohyun? He thought Sunggyu was his best friend. He liked Sunggyu.

 

Liked. Past tense.

 

Well, not anymore, Woohyun thought, fire blazing in his eyes. He not going to let Sunggyu toy with him. Sunggyu doesn’t like him; he never liked him. He just pretended to get close to him to get back at him from trainee days!

 

Woohyun was going to get revenge for this. Oh, yes he was. Sunggyu was never his friend, so Woohyun is not going to treat him like one anymore. Starting tomorrow, Sunggyu will not exist in Woohyun’s world. Starting tomorrow, there is only Infinite’s leader and vocal. No Sunggyu.

 

As he wiped off his makeup and conducted his daily skincare routine, Woohyun malevolently thought up of ways to Sunggyu’s demise and humiliation. After imagining seven equally grotesque methods of Sunggyu’s death and an overly gory one that will no doubt scar all of Infinite and the CEO, Woohyun drifted off to sleep, a small smirk plastered on his face.

 

-

 

Sunggyu quietly opened the door to their dorm. It was 1 am; he got held up in the meeting with the CEO, and as a result, all of his schedules were postponed by a few hours.

 

Dead tired, Sunggyu dragged his feet to his shared room with Woohyun. He wonders if Woohyun waited for him to return home like he normally would, but probably not, considering what Sunggyu had done to him today.

 

Woohyun is so naive. No, he cannot ask the CEO for a raise, or a break, or a new dorm, or anything at all! The CEO has already provided Infinite with so much, not to mention his kindness; he even sold his house for Infinite! He sacrificed his personal life (not to mention his wife’s happiness) all for Infinite, therefore Infinite must be thankful. Because of the CEO, Infinite has come very far, and now Woohyun is still asking for more!

 

So like he said, naive.

 

Sunggyu turned the doorknob to his room and walked in. It was dark, but he could see Woohyun’s form in his bed under the blankets breathing evenly; he was already asleep.

 

He didn’t know why, but his heart sank a little at seeing this. Woohyun didn’t wait for him.

 

I hope he isn’t too angry with me, Sunggyu thought. He just can’t stand anyone being angry with him, especially Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu spent the next few minutes watching Woohyun sleep. He truly is beautiful when he sleeps. It’s when Woohyun doesn’t look angry with him, like how he looked all day after the meeting. It’s when he doesn’t tense up when Sunggyu is near, like today, and doesn’t give him those eyes that make Sunggyu feel like a bad friend and leader.

 

No, Woohyun’s face is calm, perfect even without all of his makeup and skincare products. It looked relaxed, peaceful, and beautiful that Sunggyu just wanted to kiss him and cuddle with him to sleep.

 

But he holds back from doing so. Woohyun wouldn’t want him to do this to him, not when he hasn’t explained himself yet, and Woohyun hadn’t explained himself either. They have to reconcile with each other first, then they can cuddle like they did before. Yes, after they explain their differences, then they can go back to being best friends.

 

But knowing Woohyun, it may take a while to have him back; Woohyun is not a type to let things go easily, especially when his pride was ruined.

 

However, Sunggyu is sure that although the process will go slowly, it will go surely. Woohyun adores him too much; not to mention they’re still best friends.

 

Sunggyu doesn’t think much on the matter anymore, and falls asleep quite quickly. Woohyun will get over it soon enough.

 

-

 

Woohyun wakes up to birds chirping outside the bedroom window. There is sunlight warming the side of his body and partly his face, and he feels nicely rested and warm and comfortable, as he yawns and tries to remember what had happened the day before.

 

Wait.

The meeting. Sunggyu!

 

Eyes widening, Woohyun quickly jumped off his bed, hitting his head on the top bunk in the process. He groans, sitting back on his bed, clutching his aching head.

 

Oh right. He was angry at Sunggyu for humiliating him in front of everyone. Woohyun made a note to himself to ignore Sunggyu that day.

 

Wait a minute, why didn’t anyone wake him up? It must have been at least 9 am by now! And they had to record their songs today for the new album!

 

Woohyun frantically rushed to the bathroom, took a shower, brushed his teeth, and got dressed before heading to the kitchen to find something quick to eat.

 

The whole dorm was empty; everyone must have left by now. But surprisingly, Woohyun found Sungjong, quietly lounging on the couch of their living room watching TV.

 

“Oh, hyung you’re awake. Sunggyu made eggs for breakfast, it’s on the table. We need to head out to record by 10, so hurry up,” Sungjong said, taking a quick glance at the clock. 9:34 am.

 

“Sungjongie, why didn’t anyone wake me up?” Woohyun called as he walked into the kitchen to eat breakfast. The eggs were slightly burned, and the pan wasn’t properly oiled. Sunggyu really did cook breakfast that morning; Woohyun’s eyes softened at the thought.

 

Usually it was always Woohyun who made breakfast and cooked all of Infinite’s meals. Usually if Woohyun wasn’t there to cook, Sunggyu would order take out. Sunggyu rarely cooked, but today he did. Even if it was a simple thing as eggs.

 

“Leader Gyu told us to let you sleep. You seemed a little angry yesterday, so…” Sungjong stated, more paying attention to the television than to Woohyun.

 

“Oh.” Realization dawned on Woohyun. Why is he supposed to hate Sunggyu again? Woohyun can’t remember. Yesterday was all a blur, he just remembered being angry and wanting to kill the leader.

 

Maybe I should cut him some slack, Woohyun thought, chewing on Sunggyu’s slightly burnt eggs.

 

But still, he demands an explanation, and an apology.

 

-

 

Due to the morning traffic it was already 11 by the time Sungjong and Woohyun arrived at the recording studio. The rest of the members greeted the both of them outside one of the recording rooms; Sunggyu was still inside recording.

 

“I heard you guys got into a fight yesterday,” Dongwoo brought up, eyes sparkling to get more details. “Was it because Sunggyu called you names in front of the CEO?”

 

“We’re not fighting! I’m just angry at him,” Woohyun said, wondering if the second part of what he said was actually true.

 

The door to the recording studio suddenly opened, and Sunggyu walked out, calm and composed as usual.

 

“Woohyun, it’s your turn. Good luck,” Sunggyu stated shortly, but his small eyes sent Woohyun an additional message. We need to talk later.

 

Giving a brief nod in return, Woohyun entered the recording room. He looks forward to their talk after this. Sunggyu better have a good explanation for yesterday, and Woohyun will make sure that Sunggyu apologizes for what he did to him. Then they can go back to normal, and Woohyun looks forward to that even more.

 

-

 

It was 2 hours later when Woohyun finally came out of the recording room, throat parched, and the tune of one of Infinite’s new songs still stuck in his head.

 

Right when he stepped out, Woohyun noticed Sunggyu sitting on the bench right next to the door, holding a water bottle. The other members had already gone out to lunch.

 

Sunggyu had waited for him. How nice, and Woohyun swears, it’s moments like these when Woohyun can’t help but not hate Sunggyu, no matter how hard he tries.

 

“How was the recording?” Sunggyu asked, handing him the water bottle.

 

Woohyun guzzled down half the water in just a few seconds. Sunggyu always knows just what he needs. “Good. You wanted to talk?”

 

“I wanted to apologize for what I said about you yesterday. I was being a bad leader by insulting you in front of the boss. I was angry; it was a rash act, and for that I’m sorry,” Sunggyu said, looking straight into Woohyun’s eyes. “I hope you can forgive me.”

 

In Woohyun’s mind he was jumping up and down in joy. Sunggyu apologizing was always a rare sight to behold, as the leader has always been insistent on being right. Of course Woohyun forgives him, he already has. But, no way is his pride going to let Sunggyu get off that easily.

 

“I forgive you,” Woohyun says easily, a sly smile on his face. “But under one condition.”

 

“…”

 

Sunggyu’s eyebrow twitched.

 

“Be my slave for a day?” Woohyun offered, a greasy smile shining bright. 

 

Sunggyu hits the back of his head. “Don’t be silly. But thank you.”

 

There is a frown on Sunggyu’s face and he is irritated by Woohyun’s sudden behavior, but it’s the good kind of anger, almost playful. Sunggyu knows that Woohyun has already forgiven him and he’s glad that there are no hard feelings between the two of them. They are now best friends again, and that was all he wanted.

 

Sunggyu walks away, out to join the rest of the members for lunch. He assumes that Woohyun will follow him, and when he walks just two more steps, Woohyun’s hand is on his shoulder, effectively turning him around.

 

And then, Woohyun’s lips are on his, kissing him deeply. It was short, but felt passionate all the same.

 

When the kiss ended Sunggyu was blushing a light shade of red.

 

“Idiot. Someone could have seen us,” Sunggyu whispered, avoiding Woohyun’s eyes. Woohyun doesn’t seem to care, a small smile on his face, full of grease.

 

But nevertheless, Sunggyu intertwines their fingers and they go out to lunch together, hand in hand.