Where We Stand

Oneshots

Sunggyu opens his eyes, only to squint at the intrusive sunlight, shining down through the windows. He was lying down, in Woohyun’s bunk, with Woohyun softly snoring next to him, a muscular arm draped around his waist.

 

When was the last time the both of them were like this, waking up to the sight of each other, Sunggyu didn’t know. With the Chaser comeback and Sunggyu’s solo debut, schedules had been hectic and sleep had been deprived from all of Infinite. It had been rare for Sunggyu to even have late-night conversations with Woohyun, which had been a daily routine once before. 

 

Sunggyu took his time to watch Woohyun sleep, knowing that this was a rare sight indeed; before he wouldn’t have time to look at him like this; there was only time to wake him up, and then the rest of Infinite.

 

Woohyun’s snores suddenly ceased, and Sunggyu knew that he was awake.

 

"Hyung?" Woohyun’s sleepy voice was soft, as he opened his eyes slowly, blinking away the remnants of sleep. “Something wrong?"

 

Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun’s cuteness. He had forgotten how adorable Woohyun could be when he wakes up by himself, without any rough pushes or loud wakeup calls.

 

"Nothing," Sunggyu replied, as he pulled Woohyun’s arm closer around his waist, pushing Woohyun’s head  into his chest. “Go back to sleep, Hyun."

 

Woohyun easily complied, burying his face deeper into Sunggyu’s chest, inhaling his scent. But he did not go back to sleep; Sunggyu could tell that he was not the only one enjoying this special rare moment between the two of them.

 

Sunggyu buried his nose in Woohyun’s hair as he took Woohyun’s hand, intertwining their fingers together. This was comfortable, only Woohyun could make him feel at peace like this.

 

If any one of the members, or even worse, the managers, burst in right now Sunggyu will never hear the end of it. It was a good thing the door was locked.

 

-

 

During Infinite’s trainee days Sunggyu and Woohyun had always competed against each other for the title of Infinite’s main vocal. They were rivals, almost enemies. 

 

It wasn’t until when they were both put into the same group, however, that both came to a concensus. To tolerate each other as coworkers in the same team, that was the agreement. For the sake of Infinite, they would work together to be the best vocal line in Infinite.

 

And then something had happened.

 

It had been a series of events that made Sunggyu and Woohyun closer and closer to one another. After Infinite was created, the both of them were placed in the same dorm room. Sunggyu quickly found out that Woohyun was very easy to talk to; he made him laugh with his fail aegyo when he was stressed under all of his leader duties and offered advice to all of his problems. Without the threat of vocal positions, Sunggyu found Woohyun a very likeable person.

 

Infinite’s Come Back Again days were when Manager-hyung introduced to the two a name that had become becoming quite popular among the fans: Woogyu. 

 

Fanservice, that’s what manager-hyung wanted them to do. And then from there it was all hugs and affectionate touches when on stage and on camera. It was all for the fans, Sunggyu had convinced himself.

 

It wasn’t until their first kiss backstage in the adrenaline rush of their first Second Invasion Concert that Sunggyu started to question where they stood.

 

Sunggyu blamed the loud music, the excitement, and the post concert jubilee for his actions, and he knew Woohyun did, too. It was a fast, but intense liplock that ended as soon as it started, in the darkness of the backstage.

 

That night after the kiss came an awkward confession from the both of them and then a new agreement: to be friends with benefits, comforting and pleasing each other, only because they could not be with anyone else.

 

-

 

And then there was now.

 

If Sunggyu had to honestly say, he does not know what Woohyun is to him. Friends? No, they have gone way past that. Friends with benefits? That had been the initial agreement, but Sunggyu feels that he loves Woohyun too much for that now. 

 

What is this affection he feels for Woohyun, Sunggyu didn’t know, nor does he know where it will lead. 

 

The thought would scare him, he would want to stop all of these romantic notions with Woohyun for both of their sakes. But for some reason, this morning he does not feel any drive to do so.

 

Basking in the warm sunlight with Woohyun in his arms on a Sunday morning, Sunggyu decides that just this once, he will let his thoughts slide.

 

Pressing a soft kiss to Woohyun’s forhead, Sunggyu finally relaxes, in the present, and in the now.

 

He does not know what is to come for Woohyun and him, but this one time, he will let go of his rational mind and enjoy this peaceful moment between the two of them. 

 

He smiles; it’s been too long since he had felt so at peace.