9-- Sleepy

Who Are You?

I wake up to the sound of the television.

It’s the only light in the room and it casts a garish glow upon the furniture. The images cause eerie colours on the white bed sheets and flashing shadows at the walls.

I sit up and push my hair out of my face, noticing that I have a bandage wrapped around one of my hands. I don’t even remember falling asleep, I don’t remember lying down, and I don’t even remember the boys leaving.

There are some things I do remember that I don’t want to.

I look around just in case any of them are sitting by the floor but of course the rooms empty. I throw the sheets back and get out of bed, stretching as I go along. I can just about make out the time from my watch and it’s the middle of the night.

I leave Jongin’s bedroom and step out into the hall way. Immediately I can see light at the end so I softly pad my way there.

I peer round the door in case all the boys are there and I’m about to make some grand entrance.

They aren’t.

I can only see Jongin.

He’s lying on his back on the sofa, one arm and leg hanging down. The televisions on, with a commercial playing, but the sounds mute.

“Jongin?” I softly call his name. There’s no response.

I tiptoe to the sofa and kneel beside it. He’s fast asleep, his hair messy and practically covering his eyes. His eyelashes lay fanned out on cheeks that turn puffy when he’s sleeping. His lips are pouty and even more bee-stung and his jaw line is sharp. The only light from the room comes from a lamp situated in the corner and the glow illuminates the golden tones in his skin. He really is beautiful.

I turn away and sit on the floor in front of the sofa, bringing my knees up to my chest and resting my chin on them. I stare at the television without seeing any of the pictures. It’s taking all my concentration to block out images from the previous evening.

The sofa shifts and I look round. Jongin’s hand brushes past my hair as he brings it up to rub his eyes. He opens them and they’re all murky from sleep. They look at me without really seeing me and I stare back, wondering if he’s actually even awake.

“Ara?” His voice is little more than a sleepy groan. He rubs his eyes again and then shifts up slightly. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine, go back to sleep Jongin,” I say nudging him. He yawns wildly for ages and rubs his eyes again.

“How long have you been awake?” He asks.

“Only a few minutes.” The boy can’t stop rubbing his eyes.

“Why?” His voice is still all lazy and sleepy and he clears his throat. “Why did you wake up? Were you scared?”

I shake my head quickly and he narrows his eyes to see if I’m lying.

“It’s okay if you were,” Another yawn, “You know- I can hug you back to sleep if you want?”

With a request like that, said in a sleepy voice while he pushes his hair back, how do I say no?

Very reluctantly.

“No that’s okay, I’ll be fine down here. You go back to sleep.”

“No I’m not tired anymore,” He says, but his eyes are telling a different story; they won’t even open.

“Seriously, stop being stubborn stupid,” I poke his cheek. He frowns and mumbles something incoherent.

“You sound like a baby,” I laugh.

“Not a baby,” Jongin mumbles, pouting. I roll my eyes and resume my position  facing the television.

There’s silence except for the rustling of the sofa.

And then:

“Come here.”

I turn back. Jongin’s raised himself into more of a seating position and both of his arms are spread out. He bites his lip and jabs his head back, signalling for me to come into his arms.

“H-huh?” I stammer.

“I want a hug.” He shrugs lazily.

Hesitantly, I turn around and kneel up and then stretch my arms around his neck. His arms clasp around me and bring me to him until I have to get off the floor and kneel on the sofa. I can feel his nose pressing into my shoulder and his body vibrates as he hums softly. All I can smell is him, his cologne warping my senses.

It’s not good to trust so easily.

But I can’t help it; I’ve never been so drawn to a person.

A week, Ara, you’ve known him a week.

Jongin draws away and throws his head back on the sofa, sighing.

“You should go back to sleep,” I say shakily, “Go and sleep in your bed.”

“With you?” Jongin winks and his head. “Is that an invitation?”

I stuff a cushion in his face and casually ask if that was an invitation to die.

“Okay okay okay,” He pushes the cushion out of his face. “You’re playing hard to get I get it.”

I stomp away and throw myself on the other sofa,

“I shall be lying down here,” I say and stick my tongue out. “By myself!”

“Your loss,” He shrugs. He ducks at the cushion flying towards him. Before I can even react, Jongin’s arm flicks sharply and a cushion hits me full in the face.

Damn his dancer reflexes.

“One point to Jongin I think!” He says, satisfied.

“I thought you were meant to be sleepy,” I grumble.

“I am!” He lies back with his hands behind his head and sighs happily, “Good night Ara darling.”

“Don’t darling me you stupid fool.” I snap.

Another cushion hits me full in the face.

“What was that? I didn’t quite catch that.” Jongin calls out. I sigh heavily.

“Good night Jongin.”

 

 

A handful of clothes hits me full in the face, bringing me sharply awake. I yank them off my face and sit up.

“Rise and shine,” Jongin grins, his eyes little crescents.

I glare at him but the rude awakening has left me with a lack of comebacks. I look around and see that it’s morning, the sun streams into the room. Jongin’s dressed in a red t shirt and black jeans with fresh white sneakers. As he turns away I feel drops of water sparkling my face and see his hair is wet.

“You wet me you annoying idiot,” I say. Jongin turns his head sharply, spraying me with more drops.

“Did I?” He says innocently before cracking out into laughter at the expression on my face. “Come on, get up sleepy head. We’re going out.”

I push my hair out of my eyes and swing my legs to the ground. I pick up the t-shirt and jeans that he flung into my face.

“Where’s the underwear?” I say without thinking. Jongin turns away from the mirror with a twinkle in his eyes,

“Sorry I didn’t realize I had permission to go rummaging through your underwear drawer. But I can go do that-”

“Stay right there!” I order, pointing a finger at him. Jongin laughs and continues to rub his hair dry with a towel. “Where are we going anyway?”

“You’ll find out if you hurry up!” Jongin claps his hands briskly and then pulls me to my feet by my hand.

Propelling me out into the hallway, he opens the door to my apartment and then steps inside.

I hesitate.

“It’s all good Ara,” Jongin calls.

Taking a deep breath, I almost sprint into my apartment, not daring to look around, and into my bedroom, open the draw, grab the first two items my hands touch and then speed past Jongin and back into his apartment.

“I’m sure you broke a world record right then,” He raises his eyebrows, shutting the door.

“Whatever,” I walk towards the bathroom.

“And don’t take too long!”

Whatever.”

I shut the door to the bathroom and then lean against the door. Even the steam from the shower smells like Jongin.

I sigh and hold up my underwear.

“Really?” I say to myself disbelief. “Are you that incompetent?”

In my haste, I managed to pick up two pairs of pants.

No bra.

I hear Jongin whistling a happy tune as he walks past the bathroom door.

Almost as if he knows the mistake I’ve made.

Annoying fool.

But he still makes me laugh.

 

--------------

A/N: Check out the foreword I've updated it! And also please upvote this story if you enjoy it! Thank you thank you thank you <3

I forgot to add, updates will probably be happening every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday! So now you have something to look forward to :3 And I can be organised otl