42-- Shock

Who Are You?

A/N: I uploaded this chapter a couple of hours ago but then the formatting issues were crazy so I had to take it down! But here it is now! Sorry for the hiccup <3

------------

For a moment there is absolute stillness. I feel like no one breathes, no one blinks, air particles drift to a standstill. The china boys stand facing their friends, just drinking in the sight of them after so so long. I look from Suho to Chanyeol to Baekhyun's face and all I see is shock, shock, shock. It's the same with Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun. Mouths hang open as if the jaw joints have dissolved. Eyes are wider than saucers. It's as if someone has taken a picture and I'm looking at a moment in the past. I almost wish I had taken a picture to forever capture this moment. Even though, it feels so intense I'm sure it is engrained on my brain for life.

Finally Suho speaks in the shakiest voice I've ever heard, almost as if he's scared.

"I don't understand. I don't understand."

Without removing his gaze, Chanyeol nudges Baekhyun,

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

Baekhyun nods slowly.

"I don't understand," Suho says louder this time, "How are you guys here? How-"

"Are we all in some sort of coma right now?" Kyungsoo says. His eyes are the widest of all and look capable of rolling out of his head.

"The same dream?" Jongdae smiles, tears shining in his eyes. "Somehow I don't think so."

"Sehun-ah," Luhan's voice trembles a bit, "You missed me right?"

For a moment Sehun gapes at Luhan, probably wondering if he's a figment of his imagination. Then with a sob he runs towards Luhan and the two embrace hard, Sehun burying his face into his friends shoulder.

It's like a catalyst.

"Kris Hyung," Chanyeol cries rushing to hug Kris.

"Hey happy virus," Kris says laughing and ruffling the back of Chanyeol's fluffy hair.

Suddenly the room is full of hugs and exclamations and tears. Everyone is openly crying; Suho is still sobbing"I don't understand," into Jongdae's shoulder.

Baekhyun and Yixing are hugging and just swaying from side to side, eyes closed tight as if they want to savour the moment and get lost in it.

Kai and Tao are sobbing on to each other's shoulders; looking up at each other's wet faces and laughing, wiping the tears off the other cheek and then dissolving into tears again.

Kyungsoo is laughing through his tears and holding Xiumin by the shoulders, saying, "I just can't believe it, what are you doing here? I can't believe it."

 It's the most heartwarming sight I've ever encountered in my life. And to know it's happened because of something I've done? No feeling is comparable to this.

I look at Sujin and there are tears streaming down her face as she watches the boys. I touch my own cheeks and find tears live there too. Even Hyoyeon is sniffing hard.

Finally the guys stand together, sniffing and wiping tears from their eyes and holding hands like a chain of friendship.

"Suho," Kris calls, "Joonmyun."

Everyone watches as the two leaders face each other.

"Guardian of EXO," Kris says softly. "All those times you were worried about not being a strong leader? Never have that thought again. You've obviously been doing a great job like I knew you would."

"He has," Kai says and the rest of the Korean boys nod fervently.

"And you," Suho says in a choked voice, "But then you were a natural born leader Kris. I knew I never needed to worry about you guys as long as you were there watching over them."

"He's still as strict as before," Luhan rolls his eyes and they all laugh.

"But how did you guys get here?" Suho asks in wonder, "We spoke to you -what- a couple of days ago? I could never have guessed you were planning this surprise."

"Exactly," Baekhyun says, "where did you get the money from, you guys must have been saving for ages."

"You should have let us put some money towards it," Kyungsoo says. "Help share the cost instead of carrying it yourselves."

"I'm just surprised you guys managed to arrange the surprise so well," Sehun shakes his head in admiration.

"We didn't arrange it," Kris says.

"What? What do you mean?" Suho's eyebrows furrow.

"We didn't arrange the surprise."

"At first we were the surprised ones." Xiumin laughs.

"We were just as shocked as you guys are," Jongdae says smiling at the memory of our first phone call most likely. He was the first one I spoke to.

"Wait I'm confused," Baekhyun frowns, "If you guys didn't arrange this then...who did?"

And with that, Kris turns to me with a soft smile.

"Ara did." He says simply.

The Korean guys follow Kris' gaze, almost if to check if he's talking about the same girl they know. I'm relieved to see that for the moment Kai is looking as confused as everyone else. It hasn't clicked yet, he hasn't realized. It's like waiting for a time bomb.

"Ara?" Suho's voice sounds like it's been dipped in a bowl full of confusion. "

"Ara as in my Ara?" Jongin attempts to confirm, then realises what he's said and blushes hard.

"The very same girl," Luhan winks.

"To say I'm confused is an understatement," Chanyeol says scratching his head, "How do you guys even know Ara? What can she have to do with this?"

"She has everything to do with this." Xiumin says.

"You guys seriously don't know how amazing she is." Tao says, smiling at me.

"Aw I'm not that..." I attempt but Kris holds up his hand.

"You're not allowed to be all modest today." He says mock sternly, "Leaders orders."

"Ooo I don't dare defy the leader," I snort. The K boys are watching mine and Kris exchange with the same disbelief as if it's a tennis match between snails.

"Okay,," Suho holds up his hands and closes his eyes, "Okay you guys are going to need to explain before my head explodes."

"I'll explain," Kris says, "if I let Ara explain she'll make out like what she did for us isn't a big deal.  Okay so, a couple of months ago Jongdae received a call from an unknown Korean number. He answered it and it turns out it was Ara. Somehow she had gotten his number without you guys knowing and called us. With an offer."

"An offer to pay to fly us all out here to Korea," Jongdae says, "So we could be with all you guys and we could all spend time together. Without having met or spoken to us before she offered us that. She said she was there that night we phoned you about Luhan and Kris' accident and it affected her, seeing how we were far apart and split in half."

"So she offered to pay for everything." Lay smiles at me, "Out of the goodness of her heart she paid for our flight, our hotel and struggled to keep this a secret from you guys."

"And now here we are," Kris says. "For three weeks. And it's all down to her. You guys really struck it lucky when you picked her as a friend."

"Wow," I laugh, "You guys are making me sound like a saint. I'm just doing what anybody with a bit more money would-"

"No." Kris interrupts, "No Ara that's where you're wrong. Some of my friends back in China are the heirs of businesses and rolling in money. Do you think it would cross their mind to do something like this for us?"

"That's what makes you special Ara." Tao says, "Your selfless acts really aren't as common as you think."

"So....so what...so what you're saying is," Suho struggles to even speak. "That this is all down to Ara? That she somehow got your numbers, called you up and singlehandedly paid and arranged for you to all come and stay out here as a surprise for us?"

"That's exactly what we're saying," Kris smiles.

"Ara..." Chanyeol says in shock. They're all just looking at me dumbfounded like I've fallen from the sky.

"Ara I don't even know what to say," Suho half laughs.

"To know that you did something this special for us, words fail me." Baekhyun shakes his head.

Kyungsoo and Sehun come and hug me.

"Thank you." Sehun whispers, "For brining my best friend back to me."

“You truly are amazing, I feel to turn you in to a song,” Kyungsoo laughs, taking my hand and holding it to his chest. His eyes are shining with love and respect.

"Ara from the bottom of my heart I just, I can't," Seemingly not being able to find the correct words, Suho just pulls me in to a big hug.

"Wow Ara I can't believe it," Chanyeol says in awe. "I can't believe you thought to do this for us."

He hugs me and lifts me off the ground, spinning me around until I shriek with laughter.

"You really must be our guardian angel." Baekhyun says softly, tears of gratitude swimming in his eyes.

"Don't tell me you knew too," Sehun is saying to Sujin as they embrace, "You knew didn't you! You were in on this as well! Wow my girlfriend is sneaky I need to watch out!"

"Guys this is Hyoyeon," I introduce, "She drove us all around today in her minibus."

And then Hyoyeon gets her own share of hugs and heartfelt thank you's from the guys.

"Aww don't mention it, I'm happy to help..." She chuckles.

One person who isn't crowding round her is Kai. I look over at him and he's staring straight at me. I feel an anxious twisting in my stomach. A growing look of horror falls across his face and I see him shake his head slightly as if to try and desperately banish the thought.

"No," he's whispering, "No, no it can't be."

------------

A/N: This was orignially one big huge chapter but then I decided to split it in half so that you guys could have at least one carefree happy chapter with EXO before Kai comes in with his angst!

-Feel free to skip this next paragraph-

MY FANFIC IS FEATURED GUYS! I honestly honestly honestly can't believe it! I'm still in shock. Even though it may not seem like a big deal to some people, I am actually so happy and emotional. It's been my dream since I was younger to be a writer and to know that my fanfic is loved enough to appear on the front page actually makes me want to cry. All I can say is thank you so so much to my subcribers and readers who have supported this fan fiction! Even when I haven't been able to update for a while you still wait patiently and show the updates lots of love, I really love you guys. Some of you have been with this story from the very begining and I'm super grateful that you stuck with this story through it's highs and low. Thank you to all the comments on the story I have recieved and the congratulations on being featured. Thank you to the wall posts telling me how much you've enjoyed my story. These kind of things mean so much to me!

Hello to the new readers and subscribers! Welcome and I hope you enjoy this story!

And of course thank you to Kai, my biggest inspiration.

JUST THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

Honestly I'm just so shocked and happy.

I LOVE YOU! <3