2-- Idiot

Who Are You?

I tried hard not to feel like an idiot. 

"Maybe you misunderstood and read too much in to it," I scolded myself.

I walked a few steps on the pavement and then viciously kicked a drinks bottle.

"He was flirting with me, he completely led me on!"

"Maybe he has a naturally friendly nature," I considered.

"Well then how was I meant to know," I scowled, "This boy should come with a warning."

I stopped stomping around the pavement and leant against the wall with a tired sigh. The sun hid behind the buildings, almost as if it too was too embarrassed to look at me. I'd been walking around my block of apartments arguing with myself in that manner for at least fifteen minutes. I had achieved nothing. I still felt incredibly stupid. I couldn't stop seeing the regret in his eyes, as if he too was thinking we could have had something.

I buried my face in my hands

"Why Kim Jongin, why!" I wailed."Why couldn't you be single and sweet instead of man ."

I walked dejectedly back to the door to the apartments. It suddenly occurred to me that Jongin could have been watching me walk again and again around the block of apartments from his window, making me look like even more of a looser.

"Aish really!" I dragged my hands down my face and slowly banged my head against the glass of the door.

"Um excuse me,"                           

I jumped back as if burnt. The girl from Kai's apartment stood watching me, half concerned and half embarrassed.

"Sorry," I muttered, stepping aside so she could pass by.

Like a leaf that lacks moisture and curls in on itself, I lacked dignity and could feel myself withering in mortification.

I hauled myself to my apartment, opened the door, shut it and locked it. Then, without even taking off my shoes or my bag, I slid open the door to my bedroom and flung myself on the bed.

Stupid Kim Jongin. I didn't want a neighbour anymore. Take him away.

 

 

I woke up suddenly, my head leaping up, half of my hair all in my face. I still had my shoes on and my bag, so I removed them and then rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was completely night time now, only the pale moon illuminated my room with a grey glow.

A scatter of rocks hit my window, making a sound like rain. My head whipped round and I stared at the glass, waiting for it to happen again. Sure enough, a shower of stones hit my window, followed by a curse.

I got up and crept towards the window, frowning. Looking down, my breath caught and my eyes turned to saucers.

I really don't believe this.

"Ara! Cho Ara! Come down! I know you can hear me from up there!" 

Jongin was standing below my window on the pavement, looking up and getting ready to throw another rock.

"Finally!" He cried, exasperated. "Do you know how long I've been stood there?"

"Hours?" I asked hopefully.

"You're so funny," He snarled. "Look, come downstairs!"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? You still owe me that tour!" He grinned.

"Are you serious Jongin," I sighed, folding my arms. "You missed out on that offer a long time ago my friend." I looked down and played with my fingers, "And it can't have meant that much to you if it took you an hour to forget all about it." I stepped back and got ready to shut my window, "I'm sleepy now, so I'll be leaving first okay?"

"Wait!" He shouted. "Listen Ara, I'm sorry, I really am." I leant out to look again. He had his hands clasped to his chest and he was looking up at me beseechingly. "I didn't forget, my friend came over and we just got carried away and-"

"Stop right there!" I held up a hand to silence his words. "I'm not interested in hearing all about your antics in the bedroom thank you very much."

"I don't even have a bedroom," He said sadly.

"Awww should I cry for you?"

"Ara don't be like this!"

"Don't be like what!" Just be honest Ara, I told myself, "You made me feel really stupid, especially in front of your 'friend'! At first I thought you was a really nice person, who seemed genuinely interested in being friends. I really felt like we..." had a special connection okay that was too honest, "we could have had so much fun," I corrected, "but you just brushed it off like it was nothing. Don't waste my time in future Kai."

"Don't call me Kai, call me Jongin!" He pleaded desperately.

"You've changed your tune!" I rolled my eyes, "Whatever Jongin, Kai, whatever your name is. I don't need to feel your pity."

"I'm not pitying you!" He protested. "Do you think the reason I'm stood here at three in the morning is so I can pity you?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I'm genuinely sorry, I know there's nothing I can say that will change how I acted. It was disrespectful and I actually feel really bad. I'm not a player or anything like that! Sometimes I don't think straight and get carried away. I don't want to ruin a relationship with the only neighbour I have! So please come out with me tonight?"

"Tonight as in right now?"

He nodded.

"It's like three in the morning! I have college in the morning!"

"So do I! Come on Ara, live on the wild side for once!"

"How do you know I don't live on the wild side," I muttered, scowling. Jongin scrunched up his face and gave the biggest grin he could, stretching his cheeks right back and crinkling his eyes. I couldn’t help but laugh, even though I tried to disguise it into a disapproving cough.

"Why do you want me to come so bad?" I asked.

"Oh so now it's going to take flattery for me to get you to come." Jongin put his hands on his hips and tutted, "You drive a hard bargain Choi Cho Ara!"

"Fine fine fine, you don't have to flatter me I'll come! Only cause you're disturbing the neighbours!"

"What neighbours! We're the only two that live in the freaking block! I can't believe you're making me stand here and beg like an idiot."

"Yeah it's not nice to feel like an idiot is it," I said satisfied. To this, Jongin had no words. All he could do was hang his head in shame. I could feel guilt creeping up on me, "Yah Kim Jongin!" I rolled my eyes, "There's no need to cry on the pavement. I said I was coming didn't I?"

 

-----------------------

 

A/N: I'm honestly so overwhelmed by all the subscribers and comments for just the first chapter! Thank you for trusting in Dubulge enough to give my fan fiction a try and I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter. I shall try my best to continue to exceed your expectations. Please subscribe and comment to let me know what you think ^_^ I shall update soon. We can't keep Kai waiting now can we *.*