Miracles In December

Inescapable Love

 

Kai stood across the street looking into the little diner that was bustling with life and felt his heart ache as a certain person moved into view. As he watched, he saw a tall lanky guy in a suit walk into the diner and Kai felt a stab in his heart as the person he had been looking at turned towards the guy in the suit and smiled. Kai could remember very clearly when that smile was meant for him and him alone.

Kai pushed the door to the little diner and sneaked up behind the figure cleaning the surface of a table with his back to him. Kai encircled his arms around the figure laughing as the figure jumped startled before turning his head wildly around to see who it was.

“Yah! What did I tell you about sneaking up on me like that?” The figure grouched pouting and Kai laughed as he turned the figure around and hugged him.

“I couldn’t resist, Taemin.” Kai replied as Taemin tried and failed to keep the beautiful smile from his face.

Now Taemin was smiling at some other guy like he used to smile at Kai and Kai could distantly feel his nails digging into his palms where they were curled into fists at his side. That pain was nothing compared to the pain in his heart as he watched the guy lean down and captures Taemin’s lips in a kiss. By now Kai’s heart were in pieces by his feet and he was sure that Taemin’s cheek were stained that pretty color just like he would blush when Kai kissed him.

“You look beautiful today, Tae.” Kai said as lead them to a seat in the back of that diner. Looking up, he saw Taemin’s head had dropped shyly and Kai smiled as he reached over and lift Taemin’s face up to face him. “But then again, you always look beautiful.”

Taemin blushed as Kai leaned in and pressed his lips to those petal soft lips that molded so well to his. His other hand moved down to pull Taemin closer into him as Taemin’s hand came up to rest on his arms. It was a short but sweet kiss and when it ended Taemin’s face was beautifully stained a light pink making him look even more gorgeous than a porcelain doll.

If Kai had looked closely he would have seen the love shining in Taemin’s eyes as he had looked at Kai but Kai had never taken the time to appreciate that nor the way Taemin’s lips fit so perfectly together with his or how sweet all the kisses he shared with Taemin were. The scene before him had become blurry and it felt as if something was lodged in his throat as his heart lay pieces on the ground. Kai blinked and felt something wet running down his cheek. He reached a hand up towards his cheek and touched the wet stuff before moving his hand away to look at his wet fingers. Kai looked up but it was a sunny, cloudless afternoon and that’s when Kai realized that he was crying as he looked back into the diner to see that Taemin was still in the arms of that guy. Kai couldn’t watch anymore as he opened his mouth in an attempt to stop his tears but the sobs came out nevertheless. Not wanting to break down where everyone could see him, Kai turned and walked towards an empty alley before teleporting away.

“Jongin! Jongin! Let’s go for a picnic!” Taemin said excitedly, his eyes dancing as he grabbed Kai’s hands and beamed at him.

“A picnic?” Kai asked smiling in amusement at Taemin’s excitement.

“Yeah.  Just the two of us.” Taemin said looking at Kai with his best puppy eyes and Kai laugh.

“How can I say no when you look at me like that?!” Kai asked laughing as Taemin tackled him in a huge hug.

“Thank you Jonginie!!!” Taemin exclaimed happily when he let go of Kai.

“Jonginie?” Kai asked with a quirked eyebrow and Taemin blushed brightly.

“I...You..It...Slip...” Taemin stuttered and Kai had leaned down and pecked Taemin’s lips lightly.

“I like it.” Kai said as Taemin looked down at his feet blushing. “Taeminie~”

Taemin looked up in surprise at Kai who winked at him, earning for himself a punch on his shoulder and Taemin turning to walk into the kitchen mumbling under his breath. Kai had laughed because it was always enjoyable to tease Taemin.

Kai’s eyes flung open and he stared up at the night sky. He sat up and looked around wondering where the hell he was but then decided that it didn’t matter as he could always teleport himself away if anything came up. He lay back down and looked up into the night sky again and wondered how he had never noticed how beautiful the night sky was twinkling so brightly with some many stars. As Kai kept looking suddenly it was as if he could see Taemin’s face in that sky and the twinkling of the stars were suddenly like the twinkle in Taemin’s eyes. Kai closed his eyes as the pain started in his heart once more, threatening to suffocate him. Kai clutched at his chest as he breathed harshly. Never in all his life had he ever thought he’d end up this way, pining for a love he never thought would matter when it ended and yet here he was. A cool breeze caressed his exposed face and he knew he was no longer alone.

“I never thought I’d see you like this...” a voice said and Kai opened his eyes but kept his gaze on the sky above him.

“What are you doing here Sehun?” Kai asked as he sense the other person had sat down next to him.

“Why don’t you just talk to him?” Sehun asked but Kai didn’t answer as he tried to settle his feelings back down.

“Does Luhan know you’re here?” Kai asked as he sat up still not looking at Sehun.

“Kai...” Sehun said knowing well that Kai was avoiding the topic. Kai sighed and got up followed by Sehun. He finally turned to face the other boy and he heard a gasp. Kai smirked wryly because he knew he must look a sight. “Kai...”

“He already has someone else...” Kai said as calmly as he could; as if just saying those words didn’t carve him up inside. “Someone who knows the value of him...Someone not like me...”

And with that Kai teleported away from Sehun without a specific destination in sight. It was how he had come to live his life for the past year now. It has been two years now since he and Taemin had ended things. It took Kai one year after to start missing Taemin in his life. At first he hadn’t mind at all because he had been sure that whatever feelings they shared had just ended in that moment but it seemed he had been wrong. Instead, he found himself being reminded of the guy every time he did something. That frail and weak existence had shook his entire world up and left him in a mess. It took him too long to realize that what he felt was love for the other guy.

“I...think its best that we go our separate ways....” Taemin said his voice trembling.

“Fine.” Kai replied, drunk and in the bed with another person where Taemin had found him in the club.

“Th-that’s all you have to say?” Taemin asked quietly as Kai looked back at him blankly. “A-After everything....that’s all?”

“What do you want to hear Taemin?” Kai asked as he stared at the figure that seemed so insignificant to him now.

“The truth...” Taemin said and Kai almost had to strain to hear him. “Did you ever even really love me?”

“Are you for real?” Kai asked scoffing.

“Just answer me Kai and then I’ll go.” Taemin replied and Kai could see the hurt on Taemin’s face but it didn’t matter to him. Kai blinked. Had Taemin just called him ‘Kai’? Taemin never called him Kai.

“Kai...” Kai said with a smirk as he looked up at Taemin. “The fact that you called me that...doesn’t that mean you already know?”

“You bastard!” Taemin bit out as he reached out and punched Kai in his face. But Kai only scoffed at him while Taemin glowered at him. “Don’t ever show your face to me. EVER!”

“Gladly...” Kai replied as the figure besides him began stirring.

“Kai...” The figure mumbled sleepily and Kai turned his head towards the figure, the sound of a door slamming notifying him of Taemin’s departure. “What’s the matter? I heard voices...”

“It’s nothing, Sehun. It’s no one.” Kai replied as Sehun turned over and looked up at him sleepily before raising up to peck his lips.

Kai wasn’t sure what he doing there standing on that bridge looking out at the Han River. Still as the cool wind blew through his hair, Kai sighed and closed his eyes as he tried to not think of the time Taemin had walked out of his life permanently. Kai opened his eyes and looked around. There was barely anybody there, just as it always was at that time of the morning. And just like that Kai turned another page in his memories.

“What?! Are you insane?” Kai exclaimed as Taemin pouted up at him.

“Come on. It will be fun Jonginie.” Taemin said pouting cutely at Kai.

“Taemin it’s two o’clock in the morning! Why would any sane person want to go down to the Han River at a time like this?!” Kai asked looking incredulously at his boyfriend who was sulking now. “I don’t see how it will be fun for me to freeze my off...”

“But it’ll not be that cold...” Taemin insisted as he looked pleadingly at Kai.

“I’d rather stay in bed and sleep next to you where it is warm thank you very much.” Kai said rolling over in the bed and closing his eyes. When there was nothing but silence, Kai turned around to find Taemin looking out the window and he was sure that if he could see the boy’s expression it would be sad. Kai sighed and got out of bed, shivering from the lost of warmth and grouchy because his sleep was being cut short. “What are you standing around for?! Let’s go.”

Taemin turned around to stare at him with wide eyes but he just smiled as he pulled on a sweater and track pants. Taemin rushed over to him and enveloped him in a warm hug, the smile on his face making Kai even warmer.

“Jongin you are the best!” Taemin exclaimed kissing Kai quickly on his lips before rushing off to pull on a sweater and track pants as well.

“Yes yes. I know. Now let’s go.” Kai said smiling slightly as he took Taemin’s hands in his and headed out the door. Kai turned to look at Taemin to find the boy had a big smile plastered on his face. “Are you that happy?”

“Yes.” Taemin replied his eyes twinkling and Kai laughed quietly as they walked down the road towards the Han River.

“It’s warm...” Kai said as they stopped by the bridge and looked out at the calm river.

“Told ya.” Taemin replied sticking his tongue out at Kai. Kai rolled his eyes and then he began tickling Taemin. “Y-Yah!! Wha-What...Yah!! Nooo!!! Stopppp!!! Kim Jongin!!!”

Kai could still hear the sound of Taemin’s laughter as he had mercilessly tickled the boy to tears. Unknowingly, Kai’s lips had turned upwards in a smile as he listened to the sound of Taemin’s beautiful laughter. Back then he never realized that Taemin’s laughter chimed so beautifully while he showed his pearly teeth nor did Kai realize how endearing Taemin’s eye smile was as they formed into crescents. The sound of Taemin’s laughter echoed in his ears and grew in volume that Kai almost expected to see Taemin besides him as he opened his eyes and looked around. Kai laughed at himself as he dropped down onto the ground because Taemin was never going to be by his side ever again. He wasn’t going to be laughing for Kai ever again. He didn’t even want to see Kai, he had made that much pretty clear.

“Don’t ever show your face to me. EVER!”

“Gladly.”

God he had been such an idiot. Kai threw a hand over his eyes as he lay back onto the ground laughing until he was no longer laughing.

“AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Kai screamed hoping to elevate some of the pain by letting it out. He slammed his hands down onto the ground besides him. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 

The tears ran down freely from his eyes and Kai raised himself up to lean onto his upraised knees as he sobbed. Shoving a hand into his hair, Kai sobbed loudly as the pain in his chest throbbed.

“TAEMIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Kai screamed as he pulled on his hair tightly, his upper body once again collapsing onto the ground.

“Scream a little louder.” A voice said and Kai stilled. “He might hear you.”

“Hah...” Kai laughed forcefully as he turned to find a tall blond hair figure standing next to him.

“You look like .” The figure said looking down at Kai.

“Leave me alone Kris.” Kai said suddenly feeling extremely exhausted.

“I would have but you screamed and startled me as I was passing by.” Kris replied slightly annoyed. “You almost made me fall out of the sky and crash.”

Kai turned around and gave Kris a look that said ‘Really?’ and Kris returned the look with a ‘Yes, really’ one.

“Hah... Ha ha...” Kai began and then he was laughing like a maniac while Kris looked at him like he should be dragging Kai off to a mental institution or something. “HahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

“What the Hell Kai...” Kris replied frowning. “I’m glad you find it so amusing.”

“Ahh...There hasn’t been much to be amused about...” Kai replied as his fit of laughter subsided.

“And who do you think is to be blamed for that, I wonder?” Kris asked sarcastically.

“I know. I know...” Kai replied getting up to lean against the rails.

“If you loved him so much why did you screw things up in the first place?!” Kris asked rolling his eyes.

“Because I didn’t know....” Kai replied looking down at the river.

“I just...Cannot!” Kris huffed as he levitated off of the ground. “I’m leaving. Tao would be up soon.”

“Yeah... Tell him I said ‘Hi’?” Kai said and he saw Kris roll his eyes as he rose higher into the air.

“Get your together Kai and come home.” Kris said before he took off soaring higher up into the sky and left Kai behind with a head from his screaming and crying.

“Jongin! Jongin!! Look!! It’s snowing!!!” Taemin said excitedly as he pointed out of the window where a light snow fall had started.

“Do you like it that much?” Kai asked as he looked at the boy bouncing excitedly in front of the window of the little diner. Taemin turned to face him with a huge dazzling smile on his face and nodded his head. “Let’s go skating tomorrow then.”

The smile dropped from Taemin’s lips and a frown took up seat on his brows. Kai frowned and opened his mouth to ask what was wrong when the door bell chimed and a customer came in.

Kai looked across at the diner covered beautifully in snow making it look like something out of a hallmark card. He looked past the beautiful decoration and the fluffy looking white snow and in the windows where Taemin was moving around busily giving his customers their orders. Kai shivered slightly in the cold but then he felt himself become warm as he watched Taemin smile at one of the elderly customer. Taemin’s smile was like the sun; warm enough to make you forget about the snow and just melt everything away. How had he never noticed that before? As Kai watched, a tall figure pushes open the door to that diner and he saw Taemin turn to greet the person with an even warmer smile. Kai turned away and began walking because despite how many months had passed since he had been standing there watching Taemin from afar, it didn’t hurt any less when the tall male walked through those doors and Taemin turned his smile onto him. He had come to accept the fact that the person was most likely Taemin’s boyfriend. He had accepted the fact that Taemin had moved on and that Kai had no place in his heart anymore. Kai scoffed because he had been the one to take himself out of that pure and honest heart and now here he was wishing he was blanketed in there, surrounded by love. Kai ran a hand through his hair and blew out a breath. Just like the wisp of air that was visible for a moment before vanishing, Kai vanished.

“Wah~ It’s so nice outside~~” Taemin said sighing happily as he breathed in the air. Kai chuckled and sat down on the blanket that Taemin had spread for them.

“I’m hungry...” Kai said looking down at all the delicious food Taemin had set out, his stomach rumbling.

“You’re really something else.” Taemin said laughing as he gave a plate to Kai who was pouting at him without realizing it. “Here...” Taemin raised his chopstick up to Kai’s mouth. “Say ‘ahh’~”

Kai laughed but opened his mouth. “Aahh...nyam nyam~” Kai said chewing happily on his food while Taemin laughed. “My wifey makes the best food ever~!”

“Yah! How come I’m the wife?!” Taemin asked pouting cutely as he brushed at his hair.

“Because...” Kai tucked the hair away for him. “You’re really pretty.”

“Yah!” Taemin huffed but Kai just laughed at him until Taemin shoved some rice into Kai’s mouth causing him to choke slightly.

“YAH!!” Kai yelled trying to grab Taemin who laughed and jumped up from the ground. “WAIT LEMME GET MY HANDS ON YOU LEE TAEMIN!!!”

Taemin only laughed as Kai managed to swallow down the lump of rice and run after Taemin.

Kai could see it all so clearly as if someone had plastered a video in front of his eyes. He could hear the ringing of Taemin’s laughter as he had ran after Taemin before catching him in a back-hug and lifting him off his feet to spin him around. In place of the snow covered ground, Kai could see green grass with blooming flowers with a checkered blanket on the ground and a beautiful boy running around with flowers in his hair. The beautiful boy stopped just in front of Kai and smiled at him. Kai reached out a hand towards the boy who’s smiled widened before he vanished and Kai blinked. His hand hung in the air touching nothing and the scene vanished returning to the snow covered grounds. Kai felt his eyes sting him and gritted his teeth to keep himself from crying again. Kai turned away, stuffing his hands into his coat as he walked away from the place where, on a warm spring day, he had had a picnic with Taemin. As he walked aimlessly the sound of laughter caught his attention and he turned his head to see people holding hands and skating on the ice. As Kai watched the scene dissolved and another replaced it.

“I...I...I don’t know how to ice skate...” Taemin said quietly after he had lost his footing for the 5th time since they had arrived at the skating rink.

Kai blinked at the boy looking down at his feet as they sat on one of the benches. He hadn’t thought to ask the boy if he could skate. He had just assumed that Taemin would know how to ice skate. It never occurred to him that Taemin didn’t know how to skate especially not when he hadn’t declined going to skate with Kai when Kai had suggested it. Then again Taemin always went along with whatever Kai wanted to do. Kai bit his lips feeling slightly guilty that he had been so thoughtless.

“A-Are you m-mad at m-me?” Taemin stuttered still not looking up from his feet while Kai blinked at him in surprise.

“Mad at you?” Kai asked smartly and Taemin peeked out at him briefly.

“Yeah... That I c-can’t skate...” Taemin whispered and Kai had to lean forward to hear him. Kai reached out a hand to raise Taemin’s head up to his and the guilt he felt sharpened as he saw the scared look in Taemin’s eyes.

“No but you should have told me that you didn’t know how to.” Kai said sighing as Taemin refused to look him in the eye. “We could have done something else...”

“What?! No!” Taemin said strongly surprising Kai when he looked up at Kai with such strong resolve in his eyes. “I m-mean...it’s something you like to do...so I wanted...to do it...too...with you...”

Kai gathered Taemin into a tight hug while Taemin squeaked in surprise.

“How can you be so cute?!” Kai asked as he squished Taemin’s cheek causing the other boy to glare at him slightly. “Come on.” Kai got up and extended his hand towards Taemin. “I’ll teach you.”

As the scene from the memory dissolved, Kai was left staring at the crowded rink filled with people and laughter. Kai smiled as he spotted a pair holding hands as they skated. It was obvious that one of them didn’t really know to skate that much. Kai smiled even more as he remembered how tightly Taemin had gripped his hands as he had lead them back into the skating rink. He remembered the trusting look in Taemin’s eyes as he gripped both of Kai’s hands tightly and allowed him to lead Taemin around the rink slowly so that he could get a grasp of the basics. Kai remembered the bright laughter Taemin let out when he was able to skate without losing his footing. He remembered how Taemin had still clung to his hands even when he could skate properly. He remembered Taemin beautiful smile as Kai had taken his hands and led him around the rink at a faster pace before Taemin had lost his footing and carried both of them down in the process.  Kai could still hear their laughter as they had lain there for a while until people had come to ask if they were alright.

Kai smiled and was about to turn away when he realized that there was something familiar about the person holding hands and skating with the somewhat shorter guy. Kai frowned as he watched the pair, trying to place the taller one when he turned and gave Kai a view of his face for a moment. It was the guy that went to the diner every afternoon and kissed Taemin; the one who dropped Taemin home... Taemin’s boyfriend. Kai felt his blood boil as he watched the guy laughing with another guy. Was the bastard cheating on Taemin? Maybe it was just his friend?

Then again just because the person was a friend didn’t mean that nothing could happen. He’d know. After all hadn’t he cheated on Taemin with a few of his friends? Hadn’t he been found in bed by Taemin with Kai’s best friend? Making a split second decision, Kai found himself skating at a distance from the pair trying to overhear their conversation.

“So have you made any progress with Taemin yet?” The shorter boy was asking.

“Not really... We kiss every now and then but...” The taller guy answered and Kai’s eyes narrowed into slits. Every now and then? The bastard was kissing Taemin every time he entered that diner and yet he was saying every now and then?!

“Minho how long more are you going to put up with that?!” The shorter boy was saying and Kai frowned. So the tall guy, Taemin’s boyfriend, was Minho.

“It’s...I told you before...He said he needs time...” Minho answered and Kai was frowning even more now.

“It’s been two years since his last relationship...” The shorter boy said rolling his eyes. “How much longer does he need?”

“Key... I’ve told you already that I’m going to respect his desire for space and take things slow.” Minho replied and Kai narrowed his eyes. “I told you before he said that his last relationship didn’t end well...”

“Yes I know all that but don’t you think he’s taking it too far?” Key, the shorter guy, asked. Kai wondered what kind of name was that but then again his own name was ‘Kai’ so he brushed it aside. He was more focused on what they were talking about.

“Honestly...” Minho sighed and Kai tensed. “Sometimes I wonder if he really wants this relationship at all... Sometimes it’s like he’s looking through me...”

“You’re an idiot, Minho.” Key replied and Kai skated around them to not seem too suspicious. “It’s obvious he is still in love with his ex.”

Kai’s heart skipped a beat and a small sliver of hope bloomed in his heart. Could it possibly be? And judging from the conversation he had overheard, it seemed all Taemin had done with Minho was kiss. A huge grin spread over his face as he skated and spun a couple times before moving off again. He skated back around Minho and Key trying to hear more.

“I’m planning a surprise for him for Christmas...” Minho said and Kai’s eyes widened.

“Hoping he’ll give it up huh?” Key teased and Kai stumbled and almost fell if not for the hand beneath his elbow.

“So now you’re eavesdropping huh?” a voice said and Kai turned his head and came face to face with another boy.

“So now it’s you huh, Minseok?” Kai asked as he untangled his hand and skated off but he could feel the guy following him.

“Oh don’t be such a sour puss.” Minseok replied cheerfully and then it began to snow.

“Really?” Kai asked as he turned to stare at Minseok who was grinning.

“What? Enjoy my gift~” Minseok said laughing as Kai rolled his eyes and skated back to continue his eavesdropping.

“Why don’t you take him to the Ice Festival?” Key was saying and Kai frowned. Ice Festival?

“I would but Taemin said he didn’t like snow and stuff...” Minho said and Kai almost squawked in surprise because according to his memory, Taemin was in love with snow.

“Ugh! Don’t tell me!” Key groaned and Kai frowned.

“Yeah...he said he has bad memories of snow... or something like that...” Minho replied and Kai racked his brain trying to figure out what bad thing happened to Taemin when it snowed but came up empty.

“He seemed to have a lot of problems with everything.” Key said rolling his eyes and Kai was beginning to dislike the boy for speaking about Taemin like that.

“Looks like you did quite a number on the kid, Kai.” Minseok said from the right of Kai.

“I-I...It wasn’t...I didn’t...” Kai sputtered but he stopped short wondering if maybe what Minseok said was really true.

“It seems like I’m dating Taemin and his ex at the same time.” Minho replied and Kai glared at the boy.

“That’s why I told you to break up with him...” Key said as they came to a halt.

“And date you?” Minho asked rolling his eyes.

“Why not?” Key asked and Minho just rolled his eyes and was about to start moving when Key grabbed his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. Kai growled and Minseok tugged at him to prevent him from moving to Minho and Key and punching them both. “Because we’re good together.”

“Well...that is true...” Minho replied as he leaned in to kiss Key once more. Kai was seeing red as he watched the pair and it was only because he was so focused on the pair that Minseok was able to drag him as far away as possible from them.

“Kai don’t do anything stupid.” Minseok warned as Kai threw off his grip.

“That advice is a little too late.” Kai said before he turned away from Minseok and teleported away.

“J-Jongin...ahhh...nnggg...” Taemin moaned as Kai kissed his way down Taemin’s neck. “Ngg...Harder Jongin...”

Kai complied and began moving his hips faster, making his rougher as he into Taemin angling for that bundle of nerve endings to shatter Taemin apart.

“JONGIN!!!” Taemin screamed out, his nails digging into Kai’s back and Kai grinned.

“Found it.” Kai muttered and he rolled his hips to hit that spot again. “You like that huh? ...so tight...”

“Jongin...Ahhh...hahh....I’m....gonna ...” Taemin moaned sinking his teeth into Kai’s shoulder as Kai moved faster inside of him.

“ for me baby...” Kai commanded as his hand moved in between them and began pumping Taemin’s member.

“JONG-INNNN!!!!” Taemin screamed out in pleasure as he squirted his stuff over his stomach. A few seconds later, Kai came as well shooting his load inside of Taemin.

Kai looked around the apartment that didn’t seem like it had changed at all. Everything was exactly as he had remembered it. There was the sofa on which he and Taemin snuggled together while they watched a movie among other things. He glanced into kitchen and flushed slightly as he remembered that one time he had jumped Taemin and they had ended up having on the little island. Kai made his way into the bedroom and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He breathed in the familiar scent of the room and Taemin. He opened his eyes and his gaze fell onto the bed. He wondered what he was doing in that apartment. Why had he come there? As he looked, he could see Taemin’s body lying there in all its beautiful glory just waiting to be ravished by Kai. Kai remembered the look of utter bliss on Taemin’s when he came and his moans rang in Kai’s ears. Kai looked away as it occurred to him that despite all the time he and Taemin had had that he had never once made love to Taemin.

The sound of the door opening alerted Kai that Taemin was home and he stayed still for a moment because for that moment they were together in the same space even though Taemin was unaware of it. When the sound of Taemin’s footsteps began heading to the room, Kai teleported out of it.

The door opened and Taemin came out carrying two bags in his hands. Kai hadn’t been expecting that. It was a break in the daily norm that Taemin stuck to. He hadn’t expected the boy to turn around and look across the street either and so for a moment their eyes met and it was as if time stood still. Kai’s breath hitched as he stared back in wonder, his body and soul being held captive by that piercing gaze. The sound of someone calling for Taemin broke the spell as he looked behind him and Kai used that opportunity to teleport away.

Kai pressed a hand to his chest as he sat on the bench in the snow covered park. His heart was beating so loudly it almost felt like it was going to explode at any moment now. He had almost been caught! What would he have done if Taemin had made his way over to him?! Would Taemin have even done such a thing?

“Don’t ever show your face to me. EVER!”

Nope, there was no way he would have approached Kai. Kai laughed as he looked up at the falling snow. How had he fallen so low into such a pathetic state? Everywhere he went he saw Taemin. Everything he did reminded him of Taemin. He was seeing things that weren’t there. He was hearing things that weren’t there. He would wake up late in the night swearing he had heard Taemin calling for him but Taemin would never call for him ever again and it was his entire fault. He would be walking amidst a crowd aimlessly only to look up and spot a familiar head before realizing that it was someone else and not Taemin. He had changed so much now that Taemin was no longer by his side. Taemin’s love had changed him so much but it was such a pity that it only happened after he had lost Taemin. The tears slid down his cheek and Kai wondered if this was how he was going to be spending the rest of his life? He wondered how he even still had some much tears left to shed. Kai closed his eyes and wished that he was back besides Taemin.

“I love you Kim Jongin.” Taemin said as he snuggled closer to Kai. Kai kissed his forehead and hugged him tight.

“Sleep well Taeminie.” Kai replied pulling the covers securely around them.

Kai hesitantly walked towards the little diner. He wasn’t sure if he should go back there now that Taemin had seen him? He was later than usual as he walked slowly towards the little diner. It had snowed heavily and he was feeling an odd sense of foreboding as he kept walking towards the diner. The foreboding only increased with each step he took and pretty soon he began running without even realizing it. When he reached the diner, he sighed in relief as he saw Taemin smiling at his customers bidding them good-bye. He watched as Taemin pulled on his coat and waved good-bye to the others in the diner. He hid behind a phone booth and watched as Taemin pulled his coat tighter to his chest and moved to cross the road when someone called him from the diner. Taemin turned around and Kai was distracted by a little boy tugging on his coat hem.

“Hey what are you doing here Mister?” The little boy asked looking up at him. Kai opened his mouth to answer the boy when he heard the loud screeching of tires and looked up to find a vehicle sliding with full force towards Taemin. Kai felt his heart stop as his eyes widened in horror.

“NO!!!!” Kai screamed startling the little boy who tugged frantically on Kai’s coat.

“What’s wrong Mister?” The little boy asked slightly scared. “Mis-“

Kai felt everything stop as he watches the vehicle collide with Taemin. Everything became quiet as Kai felt his whole world fall apart.

“Now is not the time for you to go into shock Kai!” a voice said dragging Kai out of his daze and he looked around to find Tao and Kris standing there. He blinked and realized that everything had really stopped and it had not just been him thinking so. Tao had stopped time but it had been a bit too late.

“TAEMIN!!!!” Kai screamed as he teleported over to where Taemin lay covered in blood on the ground where he had been thrown by the careening vehicle. “TAEMIN!!! NO!! GOD NO!!! YOU CAN’T DIE!!!!”

“Kai get a grip! He’s not dead.” Kris said clamping a hand down on Kai’s shoulder who was bent over Taemin, clutching at him as if he was his life line.

“We need to get him to Xing.” Tao said moving to lift Taemin from the dazed Kai’s arms. Kai tightened his grip around the bleeding boy in his arms. “Kai now is not the time to be in a daze and getting territorial! We need to get him to Xing before he loses consciousness!!”

“Xing...” Kai murmured through his tears. “Right...Yixing...Yixing would fix him...”

With that Kai gripped Taemin tightly and teleported to where Yixing was. He kicked the door to the hall open and every eyes turned towards him from the dining table.

“Kai what-?” someone began but Kai cut them off.

“YIXING!!!” Kai called looking around wildly for the slender boy. “YIXING!!! HELP ME!!!”

“I’m here Kai what’s--OH MY GOD!!!” Yixing appeared from another room and ran over to Kai. “Bring him over here. Quick.”

Kai nodded and moved to follow Yixing towards an empty room and laid Taemin onto the bed.

“Save him please...” Kai begged, his tears running freely down his cheek. “Please...He can’t die...I HAVEN’T TOLD HIM I LOVE HIM YET!!!”

“Kai calm down.” Yixing said before calling for some other boys to take Kai away and help him clam down while he worked on healing Taemin’s injuries.

“He’ll live right?” Kai asked his eyes half-mad with worry and pain.

“Yes Kai. Yixing will heal him right up.” Someone said and Kai gripped his hands together tightly as he paced up and down.

“God it’s so pathetic seeing you like this.” Someone else said in disgust.

“When last you ate or slept properly?” Another person asked in concern.

“I...don’t know....?” Kai replied completely distracted.

“Dear God. You are going to go shower and change and then eat something!” The same person said again. “And no arguments! Now go!”

“Yes Kyungsoo.” Kai replied meekly as he went up to his room and took a shower. He didn’t know how he went through the process because his mind was completely on Taemin.

“What are you wearing?” Someone asked as he made his way down to the kitchen.

“Huh?” Kai looked down at himself when he heard a bunch of snickers.

“Man you’ve gotten so uncool.” Someone said laughing.

“Shut up!” Kai mumbled as he pulled off his sweater and put it back on the right way.

“Now eat!” A boy said setting down a bowl of steaming soup in front of Kai. “Or else we will feed you if we have to!”

“Suhooo...” Kai tried to whine but the boy only looked sternly at him. Sighing, he began eating wondering what was taking Yixing so long.

When Kai had finished all of his soup under the stern gaze of Suho and Kyungsoo, Yixing came in looking exhausted. Kai immediately ran over to him.

“How is he?! What took so long? He’s alive right!?” Kai asked grabbing Yixing’s hands tightly in his.

“He’s all mended and sleeping.” Yixing said and Kai loosened his grip and slid down onto the ground.

“Thank God.” Kai murmured as he began crying again.

“You can go see him.” Yixing said and Kai stiffened. Sure he wanted to go see the boy but he couldn’t. Would Taemin even want that?

“Oh for God’s sake! Stop being such a wuss and go see him.” Kris said leaving the room.

Kai bit his lips and gathered his courage to make the walk to the room in which Taemin was kept. Taking a deep breath he stepped inside to find the boy sleeping soundly in fresh clothes; his clothes! He couldn’t really complain about seeing Taemin in his clothes. In fact he liked it immensely. He stared down at the boy sleeping peacefully and raised his fingers to ghost over Taemin’s cheek.

“I’m glad you’re alive...” Kai said as he swallowed the lump in his throat. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you.”

“Why?” a small voice asked and Kai jumped back in surprise. He looked down to find Taemin’s eyes looking at him. Yixing had told him that Taemin was asleep.

“I...You...Yixing...Sleep...” Kai responded flustered before he set his jaw and bowed. “I’ll leave so you can sleep. I’m sorry I appeared before you again...”

Kai turned to leave cursing himself in his head but Taemin’s voice stopped him.

“If you hadn’t...I would be dead...” Taemin said in a small voice and Kai felt his body shudder in the horror of what had almost happened. “The guy that fixed me up...Yixing...He told me...that you brought me here...”

“A-Ah.. T-That...I was j-just passing b-by when I h-heard the screeching and...” Kai bit his lips mentally kicking himself for the nonsense he was spewing. When there was only silence, Kai was ready to bang his head against the concrete wall and very hard at that.

“Thanks...nevertheless...” Taemin replied quietly and Kai swallowed.

“Y-You’re welcome...” Kai said clearing his throat to get over his embarrassment of stuttering so much.  “Well good night...”

“You...didn’t answer...” Taemin said not letting Kai leave. “Why did you save me?”

There were many things running through Kai’s head that he could say but in the end he opted for the truth.

“Because I love you.” Kai said quietly lowering his head with his back still to Taemin. When nothing but silence greeted him, Kai began shifting nervously. “I...I mean-”

“I heard you...” Taemin cut him off and Kai stilled. “Before I fell unconscious...I heard you...”

“Th-That...I...I...” Kai stuttered again before clearing his throat and remaining silent.

“Is it true?” Taemin asked hesitantly and Kai sighed and turned around to face the boy.

“Yeah...” Kai answered softly.

“Then why...” Taemin asked, his voice reflecting so much hurt.

“Because I was an idiotic jerk who didn’t appreciate what he had until he lost it.” Kai said swallowing the lump at his throat. “I didn’t realize...until sometime had passed how much I missed having you in my life...You laughter, you warm hugs, your voice, your everything! I missed it all. And then I saw you with him and it felt as if my whole world had gone to pieces and it hurt. It hurt Taemin. Right here.” Kai clutched his chest where his heart was and stared at Taemin with tears in his eyes. “Watching him kiss you...watching you smile at him... It hurt so much I thought I would die. It was then that I realized how much in love with you I was.”

“You...know about Minho?” Taemin asked in surprise and Kai shuffled about now feeling like the stalker he had been.

“Yes. And his playmate Key.” Kai replied angrily.

“Key?” Taemin asked sitting up. “You know about him too?” Kai nodded. “How?”

“Saw them skating...” Kai said remembering the scene. “And kissing...”

“I knew it.” Taemin said softly.

“Huh?” Kai asked blinking.

“About him cheating...” Taemin said softly and Kai blinked some more. “It’s not like it was unexpected...”

“Yah! How can you be like that?!” Kai asked angrily.

“What are you going on about?!” Taemin asked just as angrily. “Do you think you have any right to talk?!”

“I KNOW I DON’T!!!” Kai replied striding angrily towards the bed. “But at least I love you! What did you see in him anyway?! He’s so weird looking and what’s with his hair? Phft!”

“Jongin...You...” Taemin said and Kai blinked because it’s been so long since he had heard his real name from Taemin’s lips. “Are you jealous?”

Kai could clearly hear the amusement in Taemin’s voice.

“So what if I am?” Kai asked challengingly.

“Then...I don’t know...” Taemin said hesitantly and confused.

“If you asked me to walk on the ice of Antarctica bare feet I would if that would prove that I’m really sincere...” Kai replied solemnly. “Well I did it already after seeing you and him kissing....”

“You went to Antarctica?!” Taemin asked scoffing. “Jongin go sleep.”

“I’m serious.” Kai replied but Taemin only snorted.

“Yeah and I played with the penguins.” Taemin replied pulling the sheet over himself.

“The penguins aren’t actually as cute as they’re portrayed on television.” Kai said musingly. When Taemin only scoffed, Kai reached over and grabbed Taemin’s hands tightly. “I’ll show you.”

And with that Kai teleported them towards the south pole.

“Wahhh...?!” Taemin asked as he looked around shivering. “Where...How...What...”

“Antarctica.” Kai replied simply as he wrapped his arms around himself shivering. “Look over there.”

“Penguins?!” Taemin asked his eyes widening.

“Yep.” Kai replied and Taemin turned to him in wonder. “Come on. I’ll give you a closer view before we go back.”

He grabbed Taemin’s hands and teleported them closer to the penguins.

“OMG!! THEY’RE SO CUTE!!!” Taemin gushed and Kai laughed because this was the Taemin he remembered.

“Keep looking.” Kai said and Taemin blinked at him before turning at the sound of loud screeching to find a group of penguins fighting over an unlucky fish that had gotten caught by them.

“Yah! Share!” Taemin said in an admonishing tone as Kai laughed like he hadn’t in a long time.

“They’re not going to listen to you.” Kai replied taking Taemin’s hand again and teleporting them back into the warm room.

“How...” Taemin asked as he dived for the covers to keep warm.

“This is who I am...” Kai said softly as he shivered slightly. “A freak...”

“Is that why....” Taemin asked quietly as his teeth chattered a bit.

“Partially...” Kai replied shivering.

“Get in here.” Taemin commanded suddenly lifting up the end of the sheet.

“Eh?” Kai asked stupidly.

“Or would you rather freeze you balls off?” Taemin asked as Kai hesitated before moving to the edge of the bed.

“Hey don’t bring my balls into this...” Kai grumbled as he laid down on the edge of the bed.

“Then freeze you off them as you’re so far from the duvet...” Taemin said and Kai turned towards Taemin with wide eyes.

“YAH!” Kai exclaimed as Taemin chuckled and pulled the blanket closer to Kai and moved his body closer. Kai was suddenly very much aware of Taemin’s body heat and everything Taemin was doing. “T-Taemin...”

“Mmmm...” Taemin hummed as his arms brushed against Kai’s and sent million of sparks running throughout his body.

“I-I..Th-think I’ll g-go sleep in my r-room...” Kai stuttered and there was a silence before Taemin started laughing.

“You’re so cute when you’re flustered like this...” Taemin said in between laughter as Kai flushed with embarrassment. “Makes me love you even more.”

Taemin gasped and clapped a hand over his mouth as he realized what he had said and Kai felt his heart stop at that statement.

“You...” Kai began but Taemin dived under the sheet and squeaked,

“Good night!”

Kai chuckled and then he began laughing as he reached over and bravely wrapped his arms around the bundle that was Taemin.

“You still love me?” Kai asked as he felt his heart beating rapidly in his chest. “Tell me it’s true...”

“I-I...Go t-to sleep...” Taemin stuttered causing Kai to grin and grip Taemin tighter.

“Taeminie...” Kai said with a huge grin. “Tell me the truth!”

“Jongin...Go sleep..” Taemin replied flustered.

“Awww I love you too!!!” Kai declared his heart soaring. “I love you so so so much...”

Taemin’s head peeked out from under the blanket and Kai grinned happily at him.

“R-Really?” He asked uncertainly.

“Yes. I love you to the sun and back...” Kai declared pulling Taemin closer into his arms.

“The sun?” Taemin asked and Kai could hear the hope in his voice.

“Yes because the moon is too close and cold looking.” Kai replied matter-of-factly. “While my love is like the sun; hot and burning.”

“Eeekkk so cheesy!!” Taemin squealed and Kai chuckled. “Will it burn me?”

“It’ll consume you...” Kai said in a low voice and he felt Taemin shiver.

“I’m already consumed...” Taemin murmured as Kai leaned in and pressed their lips together in a sweet beautiful kiss.

“Now who’s being cheesy?” Kai asked teasingly and he was sure Taemin was blushing. “I love you so break up with Minho.”

“I did...Last night...” Taemin replied and Kai looked at him in shock. “I couldn’t love someone like him... My heart only wanted you...”

“So then...” Kai said slipping his fingers into Taemin’s and smiling happily when Taemin’s curled into his. “Will you be my boyfriend once more?”

“Yes...” Taemin answered and Kai grinned and hugged him tightly. “But if you cheat on me again I’ll cut off you and make dog food with it!”

“T-Taemin...” Kai stuttered blinking down at the vicious tone he never thought the boy could pull off.

“I love you Kim Jongin.” Taemin said snuggling closer. “Don’t ever break my heart again.”

“Never. I love you too much.” Kai replied kissing Taemin lightly. “And I already know I’ll die without you...”

“Good..Now sleep.” Taemin said and Kai smiled before he frowned.

“You’re not bothered about my teleporting are you?” Kai asked chewing on his lips.

“Are you kidding me? My boyfriend can take me anywhere I want to for free. Why would I be bothered?” Taemin asked sounding incredulous and Kai sighed in relief.

“I’ll take you wherever you want to go. Just don’t leave me.” Kai replied snuggling close to Taemin.

“I can’t. I’m in love.” Taemin murmured sleepily.

“Me too.” Kai replied before they both succumbed to sleep.

Outside the room, Kai’s friends looked at each other and grinned.

“Finally!” Baekhyun said and they all nodded before going off to their own room. Their friend had found his happiness again.

 

A/N: ANNYEONG~ SO I COULDN'T RESIST WRITING THIS~^^

HOPE YOU LIKED IT~!^^ PLEASE COMMENT AND UPVOTE~^^

UNTIL NEXT UPDATE~^^ BYEBYE~!