Rekindling Love

Inescapable Love

It is funny how quickly things can change in just one single day; one simple day made up of its 60 minutes. If you had asked Kai or Taemin the day before if they would believe that their lives would change in just one day they would have laughed at you and asked you if you were crazy. Why? Because people often underestimate the power in time. They underestimate the pasting of time. They underestimate the rewinding of time. They underestimate the ebb and flow of time. Time, which should be regarded as the most important thing to look out for, is often never given much of a thought until things happens because humans are forever in a rush, always in a hurry to get to the top, always trying to outrun time...until time catches up with them to show them just how powerful time was. And catch up with Kai and Taemin, time certainly did.

The director yelled ‘cut’ and gave the okay that the filming had now successfully been completed. There were murmurs of ‘good job’ around and with the ending of the camera rolling, the masks slipped and SM Entertainment’s ‘scary rookies’ EXO left the building that they had been recording in. They piled into the van that would transport them to their other schedules. Their stomach called for food but there was no time for a proper meal. Their bodies ached and begged for rest but there was no time for a proper rest. A quick nap that didn’t even add up to a cat’s nap, an energy drink that tasted like ordinary water with color added to it and an energy bar that promised on its wrapper to give sudden and long lasting energy boost later, EXO piled out of their vans and made their way into the building for their next schedule with their manager briefing them. A change of outfits, redone makeup and thoroughly briefed on the program’s script later, EXO stood before the cameras waiting for the PD to give his okay to begin filming. A few seconds later, the cameras started rolling and the masks are don as the boys go through the events doing their parts as they should and adlibbing whenever it seemed necessary because they needed to show their variety skills. They all sought to find a moment where they would stand out and grab their viewers’ attention because that was all it really was about at the end of the day.

Kai sat there quietly doing his piece and following what he was required to do. He was the visual. That meant he could only do so much because according to his company the visuals need to remain mysterious and not say or do too much. He watched as the other members clowned around and felt the fire of envy burning in his heart. How he envied them for being able to so lightly and freely adlib while the most he got to do was dance for a few seconds. Even when he has to dance, he’s usually asked to not be too good because he needed to let the other dancer in the group shine as well. He, who was the best dancer in their group and who had so kindly tutored that other dancer, was being asked to dance the same dance over and over again as the other dance get to do more enjoyable stuff and show off his skills; skills that were not even close to Kai’s. Kai listened to the leader confirming that he was indeed close with SHINee Jonghyun and he felt his body stiffen because he knew what was coming next. It always came because damn his leader for being so greedy in his adlibs, always including the fact that he could impersonate Jonghyun’s singing of ‘Love Like Oxygen’. When topics of SHINee and friends came up it always lead to that one question that Kai is always forced to acknowledge, even though he was sure that everyone already knew about it. Yet they always ask....

“Ahhh speaking of... Isn’t SHINee Taemin-sshii and our Kai-sshii here best friends as well?” The MC turned around looking at Kai who nodded automatically. “Wahh...You both really do look a lot alike. Such handsome and talented young men.”

Kai nodded and smiled his empty smile at the MC because:

  1. Taemin was indeed his best friend and then some...or had been anyways...
  2. He felt nothing inside anymore at the mention of Taemin’s...
  3. He was tired of the comparison of the two of them...
  4. Most importantly, Taemin now barely represented a professional career wall to climb to get to even higher heights...

“I bet your friendship is highly envied among Idols...” The female MC said smiling sweetly at Kai who scoffed in his head in disgust and noticed the slight change in expressions of s as they all waited for his reply.

“Mmm...” Kai said noncommittally as the other members watched him closely. He smirked because he knew they were all thinking of his almost non-existent friendship with Taemin these days. “I guess...”

 “You guess..?” The female MC said laughing a short sickly sweet laughter. “Ayy he’s being so modest.”

Kai laughed a short laugh as well and looked down as if he was really being modest. It didn’t hurt to play his part at all because he knew if anything, it would gain him more screen time and he was greedy. It didn’t matter that he was using his now barely existing relationship with Taemin because a long time ago Kai realized that it’s was use or get used in this industry he had joined and he had been determined to be the one using and not the one being used.

“Ayy just look at him...” The male MC said looking at Kai as he kept up his act. “But we haven’t seen you guys together in a while...”

“Mmm...Well...” Kai said and he saw s becoming even tenser. Kai almost laughed at them because it had long since stopped paining him to think of how broken his relationship with Taemin had become. All that there was in Kai now was an emotionless abyss that felt nothing at all about anyone. He was only concerned with himself now. “We’ve gotten a bit...estranged of sorts..?”

“Yah how can that be...The last time we saw you two you were all smiles...” The female MC said giving him the look that said she wasn’t going to believe him. Well Kai couldn’t care less if she believed or not. She looked too much like she wanted in his pants.“Whatever happened?”

“Did you fight? Was it over a girl?” The male MC asked clearly trying to lighten the mood as he probably could feel the tension radiating off the other EXO members but his questions only served to make them tenser. Only Kai remained relaxed.

“Ani...” Kai answered with a light laugh because they really hadn’t fought with each other.

He couldn’t remember the last time they had actually fought with each other because fighting would require some form of contact with each other. That was something they haven’t really had for a while now. It had been so long since they had begun to drift apart. And even if they fight, it would never be about a girl because what no one knew except for s and the SHINee members was that Taemin and Kai had been...and still are...in a relationship with each other for six years now. Though if you excluded the last two years of their relationship grinding to a complete halt, then it would be that they had been truly together for four years. 

“Ayy come now you can tell us~~” The male MC said leaning in as if Kai was about to spill some secret. “Was it over a girl? Who was she?”

“Ayyy hyung, now you’re going way off the script~” The leader said nervously as he glanced quickly at Kai who was the picture of serene. The entire set laughed and Kai smiled slightly.

“Ahh I got caught by Suho-sshii...” The male MC said laughing as the female MC did some adlibbing of her own. She reached over and lightly hit the male MC on his head.

“Yah stop trying to be a detective.” She said as he tried to defend her ‘vicious strikes’. “You’ve been reading too much mangas lately.”

“Ah yeah I got it. I’ll stop reading Detective Conan.” The male MC said straightening in his seat causing light laughter. He turned to Kai, who smiled even though he didn’t find that funny at all and because he knew the MC was going to ask again. “But really what happened? It really wasn’t over a girl?”

The set erupted in genuine laughter as the female MC face palmed while the male MC just grinned.

“Ayy this hyung...” Chen said shaking his head at the MC.

“Ahh...Fine I shall tell you...” Kai said laughing. “It was a fair maiden by the name of Busy Schedules that came in between us~”

“Ahhh our Kai-sshi is very clever...” The female MC said as everyone laughed lightly.

“Because we’re so good here at KBS we’ll give a chance to send a short video message to Taemin.” The male MC said and Kai nodded because it wasn’t unexpected. “Alright. Go!”

“Taemin...don’t sit too comfortably at the top there. I’m practically more popular that you now. I’ll take that throne soon sunbae-nim. Fighting!” Kai said with a smirk as his couple second one-shot ended.

“Yah!! What was that? Instead of trying to make up you give him a warning?” The male MC said shaking his head. “I guess that’s what makes up true friendship.”

“Majayo..” The female MC said nodding her head.

“Lee Taemin, consider yourself warned!” The male MC said looking sternly into the camera, causing the set to snicker.

“Alright, now can we get back to the script?” The PD said and everyone laughed as the program continued to the end according to the script.

That had been a week ago. Now one week later, after a long day of packed schedule, EXO is lying on the floor of their dorm in front of the large flat screen TV idly flipping through the cable channels. They were all dead tired and their bodies ached for sleep but wouldn’t you know it? They were too tired to sleep so they had all gathered in the living room hoping for something to ease their minds into sleeping. The food they had scarf down, settling slightly not too well in their stomach because of they were now accustomed to just grabbing energy bars and energy drinks with just a small amount of real food every now and then. Kai rolled over onto his back where he lay on the floor in front of the television watching as Sehun flipped through the channels idly. He had just thrown his arms tiredly over his eyes, feeling sleep approaching when Sehun let out a startled ‘ah’ and put down the remote.

“What is it?” Suho asked from where he sat on the ground with his back against the sofa.

“Ahh, it’s SHINee...” Sehun said quietly, glancing at Kai who remained where he was with his hands over his eyes.

Kyungsoo also looked over at Kai as well and wondered if the younger boy had fallen asleep or was simply pretending to sleep. He chewed on his lips in frustration at his inability to tell what Kai was thinking about lately. He so badly wanted to know how Kai truly felt about Kai’s dead relationship with Taemin and also how he really felt about Kyungsoo. In all honesty Kyungsoo was getting tired of just being a quick every now and then, whenever Kai felt like, which was not often lately. He’s often tired lately and with each passing month, each passing second he seemed to become more and more isolated from everything around as he just solely focus on his career. Kyungsoo was tired of it all. Of the pain he carried in his heart as his feelings remained unrequited and as Kai and Taemin still hadn’t broken off their relationship even though, Kyungsoo was sure, they both knew there was nothing left of it. Not even their friendship seemed to remain. So he was very frustrated as to why Kai or Taemin could not just end it so they all could move on with their lives.

How many nights had he lain awake wondering in his heart and head if he would ever be able to really claim Kai for his own? How many times had he lain with Kai and knew that even though Kai was right next to him, he was really very far from Kyungsoo? How many times had he come home to find the younger boy lying in bed with someone or the other and had kept his silence pretending he didn’t know? How many times had he cried himself to sleep as Kai remained out of his reach? How many times had he convinced himself that he hated Kai after their quick and emotionless with Kyungsoo’s clothes still half on and Kai still completely dressed? How many times had he changed his mind that he really didn’t hate the younger boy and that someday Kai could come to love him and make love to him instead of their meaningless ? How many times had he been shown that he was just being delusional?

Kyungsoo glanced over to where Kai still lay with his hands over his eyes while the members watched SHINee’s interview. They probably thought Kai was asleep. Kyungsoo looked at him closely and wondered if the younger boy was really asleep or just faking it? Kai was always the first to knockout and the last to wake up so Kyungsoo couldn’t be sure. Kyungsoo sighed as he looked at the screen where the other half of this frustrating scenario was laughing with s as he looked directly into the camera almost as if he was mocking Kyungsoo. Maybe he was. He really didn’t get why people thought Taemin and Kai even looked like each other. In his opinion, it was absolutely ridiculous. Kai looked nothing like Taemin. Taemin wasn’t even all that handsome or pretty or cute or whatever. Kyungsoo was sure he could be cuter if he wanted to. Taemin was also short compared to Kai and all that shy personality he showed on screen was all as fake as the extensions he wore a while back. Kyungsoo listened as the mc reminisced about those very same extensions and told him how pretty and almost feminine he looked.

“Ahh man that was a really hard time for me...” Taemin was saying in a slightly whining voice. “I could hardly do anything much without people questioning my gender.”

“Ahh that’s because you’re so pretty.” The mc said in response. “Do you remember any particular incident?”

“Ah there was this one person who went around telling people that I was his girlfriend...” Taemin said and had Kyungsoo not glanced down at Kai at the moment he might have missed the slight movement that came from Kai and the brief smirk. That was when Kyungsoo knew for sure that Kai was in fact not asleep like everyone seemed to think. “Ahh the worst part was that people believed him...”

“Ahh must have been a close friend?” The mc said and Taemin smiled slightly before giving a non-committal ‘Mmm’.

“Oh speaking of close friend...Taemin-sshi have you watched EXO’s recent interview?” The other MC asked and Kyungsoo looked away from the screen back to Kai looking for his reaction. There was none.

“Aniyo... I’ve been too busy...” Taemin said with a blank face. “Why?”

“You’re close with Kai sshi right?” The mc asked and Taemin nodded his head. “He left you a 30 second video that says he’ll rise higher than you.”

“Ah jongmalyo?” Taemin said as a tablet was passed to him where he watched the video with his complete poker face. “Ahh...I see...”

“What do you have to say about that, Taemin-sshi?” The mc asked and Kyungsoo noticed the slight looks the other SHINee members were giving Taemin. It reminded him of the looks the EXO members were giving Kai when they had done that interview that day. “Ahh better yet. We’ll give you 30 seconds to respond to your best friend.”

“Okay...” Taemin said with a smile.

“Okay. Start!” The mc said announcing the beginning of Taemin’s 30 seconds and Kai removed his hands from his eyes and tilted his head back to look at the screen. Kyungsoo looked down at his folded leg feeling his heart clenching painfully in his chest.

“J-ah, Kai-shii don’t get so cocky. Catch me if you can. I’ll be waiting at the top. Do you think you’ll reach? The higher you climb my hoobae, the higher I’ll climb as well. Fighting!” Taemin said with an arrogant smile and Kai scoffed.

“Bastard...” Kai said under his breath but it was audible to the other members who turned to stare at him shock, only now realizing that Kai was never asleep. “Ahh man I’m so tired... Guys I’ll turn in.”

With that Kai got up and left for the room he shared with the leader and Chen. Flopping stomach first onto the bed, Kai’s thoughts went back to what he had just heard and scoffed. Taemin was still as arrogant as ever and it was that arrogance that made him want to go higher than Taemin in his professional life. It was that arrogance that has kept them both from ending things with each other even though they both knew that their relationship was dead and that it had long since been so.  Kai scoffed again as he remembered the little stumble Taemin had made at the beginning of his little video. There was a time when something like that made him laugh and feel happy but now it did nothing to him because he knew that it was no longer genuine but rather fake. Waiting at the top? Yeah right. Kai scoffed at that line. I’ll take that spot away from you soon Taemin just you wait and watch. And with that, Kai turned over in his bed and was about to let sleep claim him when the door to his room opened and a figure came in.

“Kai are you asleep? Can I--“ Kyungsoo began but Kai remained lying as he was, facing away from Kyungsoo .

“Not tonight hyung.” Kai said clearly and Kyungsoo felt a slight anger at the younger boy knowing that he probably thought that Kyungsoo wanted to sleep with him. “I’m really tired.”

“I didn’t-“ Kyungsoo began again only to be cut off.

“Hyung...” Kai said quietly but firmly and Kyungsoo balled up his fist and bit down on his lips.

“Fine! Good night!” Kyungsoo said leaving the room as Kai just settled down and fell asleep without a care in the whole world.

 

Taemin stumbled into the dorm behind the other members completely worn out from his unbelievable schedule. He just wanted to sleep. His body was begging so desperately for it while his stomach rumbled for food. He dropped his bag down on the ground without any thought and just deposited his body in the nearest chair. He could a feel a headache coming on as his stomach continued to rumble and his eyes continue to weigh down even more on him. He closed his eyes and tried to give in to the sweet seductress that was sleep but tonight his stomach was not cooperating with him. It was demanding food and was willing to go the extra measure of giving him a sharp pain as he continued to ignore it. Taemin was accustomed to going without food. It was how he lived. He didn’t have any complaints about that because this was the life he had signed up for. The pain was becoming unbearable and uncomfortable now, piercing through the veil of sleep and Taemin groaned.

“What’s his problem?” He heard a voice mumbled and despite the pain it caused him to scoff, he did it nevertheless.

That was the group’s so-called ‘umma’; the one who supposedly took good care of them. If only people could see him now and how totally opposite to that image he was. As a matter of fact if anyone saw their true image, they would really be in for a shock. Even he was completely different from the cute maknae role he was forced to play. He despised it with every fiber of his being. Why should I guy as handsome as him have to act cute and at his age to boot. He was 24 years old now and yet the industry still treated him like a child, always asking him to act cute. Why can’t he get the manlier concept now? Why was that still given to Minho and Jonghyun?

“Ahhh ah ah...” Taemin whimpered in slight pain clutching his stomach.

“Taemin are you okay?” A voice asked and then a face appeared to match the voice. It was Minho. Taemin scoffed and then winced again. Of course it was Minho. Who else would come to find out? After all he needed to keep favor with Taemin or else he wouldn’t get anything from Taemin up his to satisfy him.

“Hungry...” Taemin said quietly knowing that that was all it took for Minho to get moving to no doubt make him some instant ramyun. Having Minho constantly wanting to keep his favor had its perks.

A few minutes later a bowl of hot delicious ramen was set before Taemin and the scent alone placed his side pains to the back of his mind as his stomach hummed in approval. Taemin raised his body upright and grabbed the chopsticks and began eating. In a matter of minutes, the pot was empty and Taemin’s pains had now vanished along with his hunger. He set his chopsticks down and got up out of his seat stretching as he yawned. Finally he could go to sleep but before that he needed to take a shower and the time would allow the food to settle in his stomach.

“Do you want anything else?” Minho asked from where he was sitting staring at the patch of skin that revealed itself when Taemin’s shirt had lifted up.

“Mmm...No I’m gonna turn in.” Taemin said as he turned and left the room after throwing a fake smile at Minho.

Minho stared after him trying not to let the thoughtless actions of the maknae get to him but damn it all it still hurt him. He knew he meant nothing to Taemin. He didn’t need anyone to tell him that. He had long since let of the delusion that Taemin would one day come to him and tell him that he was staying by Minho’s side for the rest of his life. That delusion had been shattered after countless times of Taemin coming home with different perfume and cologne scents on his clothes and sometimes lipsticks as well. He had long since stopped believing that Taemin was only interested in him. He had long since come to see Taemin’s expression and everything else that he did for what they really were; fake. But all of that he could deal with because he really and genuinely cared for the younger boy. He held unrequited feelings in his heart for the younger boy.

Minho heard the sound of a door closing followed by the sound of running water and figured that Taemin had gone to take a shower. There was a time when he could have sneaked in behind the younger boy and feel his heart speed up at the genuine smile he would turn on him but that time was now long gone. That Taemin was long gone. He died out when the relationship he shared with him started unraveling. The Taemin that rose from the ashes of the past Taemin was a cold and calculating one. This Taemin only cared for himself and as the days went by became more and more isolated from everything else around him. He was driven by a sole desire to conquer the industry and claim his spot at the very top. Taemin no longer took time to spend with the members or even Minho. He no longer hung out with him either and it frustrated Minho as to why they still hadn’t broken things off. It has been two years since their relationship had all but scattered like dust in the wind yet they were still, even if just by the name only, in a relationship. There was a time when he had feared that the reason behind that was that Taemin and Kai still had feelings for each other but as time went by and the contact between them dwindle down to the point where you couldn’t even imagine they were once even friends much less lovers, Minho had been relieved to know that was not so. Instead they had both climbed up high in popularity and despite being from the same company they rarely saw each other at all.

The sound of running water stopped and then there was the sound of a door opening and closing. They really needed to get that door fixed but in all honesty they had no time for it nor do they remember about it until they use it. Minho got up from where he had been sitting since Taemin had left and gathered up the pot and dumped it in the sink. The dorm aunt was coming tomorrow so he didn’t have to worry about washing up after himself. There was no Key to get mad at him either contrary to public belief. Key was probably already fast asleep beneath him pink duvet. He went into the room to grab his stuff before he headed off to the bathroom to take a shower as well.

Taemin made his way to the room he shared with Jonghyun to find the older guy lying on his bed with sheets of paper scattered all over it. Taemin sighed as he took in Jonghyun’s expression when the older had lifted his head up to glance at Taemin. Jonghyun was still battling his insomnia and the depression that came with it and though it was a good source for melancholy song writing it annoyed the Hell out of Taemin who was in no mood to deal with it. He quickly pulled on his boxer and a t-shirt before his cell phone began ringing. It was from home. He sighed and picked it up.

“Yeoboseyo?” Taemin said into the phone as he hung his towel up on the hook behind the door.

“Taemin-ah, how are you?” a female voice answered. It was his mother.

“I’m okay umma-nim, just a little tired.” Taemin replied as he flopped down onto the bed. “I not too long ago got home from my last schedule.”

“Taemin-ah you’re taking care of yourself properly right? You’re eating properly right?” His mother asked and even though he knew she had his best interest at heart, he was slightly annoyed by the fact that she spoke to him as if he was still a child.

“Ne umma-nim. I’m going to bed now.” Taemin said hoping to cut the conversation off before it went to...

“Calling me ‘umma-nim’....Taemin-ah you’ve changed a lot.” His mother said and he sighed. This was exactly what he had been trying to avoid because when the conversation took this turn it usually lead to... “I haven’t seen you and Jongin together in a while... Aren’t you guys still together?”

“Umma-nim I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I really need to sleep.” Taemin said making his voice sound fuzzy as if he was already half-asleep.

“Okay, Taemin-ah...” His mother said in a resigned voice and he felt slightly guilty. “Taemin are you free tomorrow?”

“Ne...” Taemin said biting his lips as his guilt got the better of him.

“Okay~” His mother said suddenly a bit too brightly as she proceeded to give him an address that she wanted him to go to. Taemin frowned as he listened to the address wondering why it was that it seemed slightly familiar. “Make sure to go okay! Please Taemin-ah...I’m begging you...”

That surprised Taemin. His mother sounded desperate and that made him wonder what it was at this destination. If he had known, maybe he would have backed out of it or maybe he would have gone still. As it was, Taemin agreed to go in his moment of weakness of hearing that desperate tone in his mother’s voice. She may annoy him at time with her need to treat him like he was still a child but he loved her nevertheless and she had never asked him for anything much begged him so he fingured he may as well go along with her wish.

“Okay...Send me the address...I’ll go...” Taemin said chewing on his lips wondering what he was getting himself into.

“Taemin-ah!” His mother said happily. “I knew I could count on you.”

“Well...if that’s all...” Taemin said feeling his eyes weighing down on him slightly. “Good night...umma...”

“Good night my son. Until tomorrow.” His mother said before she hung up.

Taemin sighed as he tossed his phone onto his bed and heard a deep sigh coming from Jonghyun as he hummed out some melancholic tunes. Taemin rolled his eyes. There was no way he would be able to sleep in that room tonight. He picked up his phone and left the room, heading to the living room. He wasn’t sure how long he had sat there staring into the dark when a voice interrupted him.

“What are you doing here?” The voice asked. Again, it was Minho.

“What do you want?” Taemin asked sharply in annoyance at being disturbed.

“Uh no I was just--“ Minho began but Taemin cut him off.

“Not tonight hyung.” Taemin said and Minho felt his temper flare at that statement.

“I wasn’t-“ Minho began trying not to shout in anger because he knew it wouldn’t faze Taemin at all.

“Hyung...” Taemin said in a quiet voice and Minho just stood where he was quietly seething. Maybe Taemin sensed that Minho was still there or maybe he was talking to himself, when he continued speaking. “Is he more popular than me?”

Minho blinked wondering what Taemin was talking about and if Taemin was talking to him when Taemin turned around to glare at him.

“Well? Is he?” Taemin demanded looking straight at Minho.

“Uh...Who...?” Minho began but then he almost face palmed. “Ahhh...him...”

“Yes him...” Taemin said rolling his eyes as he mimicked Minho’s emphasis.

“Well...I don’t know...” Minho said wondering where all of this was coming from when he remembered the interview they had done earlier when the MC had given Taemin the iPad to watch the video of Kai. “I mean you two are practically the most famous two dancers from our company...”

“But I’m better right? I’m more popular right?” Taemin demanded and Minho chewed on his lips wondering why he seemed bothered at the moment.

“I don’t know...Why?” Minho asked hesitantly hoping that Taemin would finally open up to him.

“Never mind. Forget it. Why did I even ask you?” Taemin scoffed and Minho was sure Taemin had rolled his eyes again.

The silence prevailed between them and Minho wasn’t sure if Taemin was still awake and if he still remembered Minho was there. Minho decided to try his luck and asked the one question he’d been dying to know the answer to.

“Why...Why haven’t you broken up with him...?” Minho asked quietly. When there was no reaction from Taemin, Minho began wondering if the maknae had fallen asleep. “Taemin?”

“That’s none of your business.” A cold voice answered him and he flinched as Taemin suddenly got up from the chair and made his way towards his room. Minho sighed. He should have known better than to get his hopes up. Taemin was never going to open up to him and Taemin was never going to be the lively and open guy he was in the past. And it was all because of Kim Jongin. Oh how Minho hated that guy. Gritting his teeth, he too left for his room.

 

Kai stood before the building clad in a simple jeans and t-shirt with his sunglasses on wondering why in the world his mother had practically begged him to come here when it seemed like it had no living inhabitants? He was also trying to figure out why it was that the building seemed familiar to him as he stood in the driveway looking up at the beautiful Victorian styled house in the country area. The environment was very peaceful and calming and he felt his body automatically relaxing. Taking a deep breath to take in the clean fresh air, he was startled to hear a voice call out to him.

“Excuse me, are you the owner?” The voice called and Kai turned around to feel his body still in shock. There just a few yards away from him stood a male figure clad in skinny black jeans, a t-shirt and sunglasses. Kai wanted to pinch himself to make sure he was seeing right and not dreaming.

“Taemin?” He said and saw the figure’s posture changed from loose to tense.

“Jong...In...?” Taemin said trying his best to hide the shock he felt at seeing his...well, Kai there.

“What are you-“

“What are you-” They both asked at the same time and smiled a bit as Kai inclined his head at Taemin telling him to go first.

“Why are you here?” Taemin asked in a blank voice and Kai smirked.

“My mother called early this morning begging me to come here...” Kai said turning to look at the building with a frown before he turned back to Taemin. “What about you?”

“Same...” Taemin said turning to stare at the building and trying to place the sense of familiarity he felt. He turned to find Kai still staring at him and even though he couldn’t see the younger boy’s eyes he knew Kai was staring at him skeptically. “What? It’s the truth.”

“Hmm...” was all the response Kai made until he scoffed lightly and smirked. Taemin turned to stare at him frowning.

“What?” Taemin asked wondering what Kai was finding so amusing.

“Nothing...It’s just...” Kai said and then he looked straight into Taemin’s eyes, well his shades anyway. “...funny...”

“Funny?” Taemin asked wondering what the Hell was wrong with Kai.

“Yeah...” Kai said with a smirk at the house. “This is the most we’ve said to each other in...”

“One and a half years...” Taemin finished quietly as the realization struck him as well.

“Exactly...” Kai said as they continued staring at the building. “Why are we here anyways?”

“I don’t know. Umma-nim just begged me and made me promise I’d be here....But I don’t see anyone here...” Taemin said frowning as he looked around. “Except for you...”

“It’s weird...” Kai said and then he remembered his mother asking about Taemin during the conversation and Taemin remembered his conversation with his mother as well and they came to the same conclusion. “You don’t think-”

“You don’t think-” Taemin half-yelled as he turned around to face Kai. But they didn’t get to speak anymore because at that moment hands came around them to grab them and before they could put up a fight a cloth was pressed to their nose and mouth.

‘!’ Kai thought as he felt himself fading. ‘Chloroform.” His limbs were going numb even as he tried to not inhale and fight off his attackers but damn the surprise attack coupled with the deep and panicked breaths he had taken when he had been attacked was costing him. The chloroform was already in his system. The last thing he saw before he lost his hearing and sight as well was the Taemin’s limp body being carried away by some guys. ! Were they being kidnapped?

“Did we go too far?” A voice asked quietly as they set the two unconscious figures into seats in the dark room.

“Ani...If we don’t do this...they might end up losing the most important thing to them without even realizing it.” Another voice whispered as they left the two figures. “They’ll wake up soon enough. Besides if we had asked them they would have flat out refused.”

“Yea but still...” another voice whispered.

“Don’t you want to see them happy again?” The voice asked.

“Ne...”

“Good then get ready to play the video when they wake.”

“Which should be soon.”

“Okay. Let’s get going.”

Kai was sure he had dreamt those voices as his eyes slowly began opening. Fighting to shake off the chloroform, he looked around as best as his sluggish body would allow him to. Using his hand to guide him, he realized he was in a soft chair and everything was pitch black. As his hands moved about they stopped when they felt something next to him and he blinked his eyes, slowly adjusting to the dark and throwing off the last of the chloroform. He stared at what his hands were touching and then he began shaking the figure slightly.

“Taemin. Taemin. Taemin!” Kai shake the now stirring body of Taemin seated next to him. Kai looked around wildly as he heard a noise but he couldn’t see a thing. Taemin was coming around slowly and Kai was starting to feel a panic setting in. “Tae! Come on baby you need to fight it off!”

Kai bit his lips and stopped shaking Taemin as he realized what he had said. He hadn’t meant to. It had just slipped out of his mouth. He hadn’t meant to call Taemin ‘baby’. He hadn’t called him that in two years. He hadn’t meant to call him ‘Tae’ either. He chewed on his lips as he wondered if Taemin had heard him. He doubts he did because the guy was still not fully conscious. He felt a pair of hands on his own and saw that Taemin was blinking up at him.

“Jongin...” Taemin mumbled groggily as he tried to sit up and groan.

“I’m here. Are you okay? Take it easy.” Kai said as he helped Taemin sit up and then Taemin was looking around the room. The hand on Kai’s tightened.

“Where are we?” Taemin asked in slight panic.

“I don’t know for sure...” Kai said as he chewed on his lips. Taemin had yet to let go of his hands. “I think we’re inside the house...”

“What?!” Taemin exclaimed, the darkness hiding his panicked look from Kai but Kai could hear it in Taemin’s voice.

“Shhhh...” Kai said hushing Taemin as he glanced around the dark room. He really could only see a few inches in front of his eyes.

“Do you think it was our parents?” Taemin asked in a hushed and doubtful voice.

“I don’t-” Kai began only to be cut off by the sudden introduction of light into the room. “What’s this?”

“Are we in a theatre?” Taemin asked as he shook off the last of the chloroform and looked around with the light now scattering some of the darkness.

“So it seems...?” Kai said looking around as well before they looked back at each other and then down at their hands in realization. Letting go of each other’s hands hastily, they both turned their attention to the screen wondering why after so many years their hearts now were rapidly beating in their chest.

The light on the screen became brighter and then before their eyes their entire life was played out to them from when they were small to present day. There were videos and picture of when they were small; singing and dancing and then there were pictures of after they met and became friends. Taemin and Kai shifted in their seats glancing from the corner of their eyes at each other and then looking away quickly whenever their eyes happen to meet. The images continued with snippets of videos; all with the two of them together happily laughing and dancing. There were even fan-taken photos and videos of them at events and there were times while watching that small smiles appeared from Taemin and Kai though the quickly wiped them off. Suddenly the air shifted and they both stiffened in their seats. The pictures had become more intimate now and they were both wondering how anyone had gotten their hands on them. There was Kai smiling brightly as he looked into the camera while Taemin kissed his cheek, there was Taemin blushing brightly as Kai hugged him from behind with both of them in tank tops, there was Taemin and Kai staring deeply into each other’s eyes, there was Taemin and Kai kissing...there were a lot of that last one. There were also pictures of them shirtless, cuddling or with Kai’s head buried in Taemin’s neck or Taemin kissing Kai’s neck and other such pictures.

By the end of the video Kai and Taemin were very thankful for the fact that they couldn’t see each other properly or that anyone else could see them because at the moment their cheeks were strangely hot. The screen became dim and then it went completely dark, once again plunging the two boys into complete darkness. They sat there in silence for a long while, each loss in their own thoughts and memories evoked by the video. The silence continued and they both were lost in the memories of happier times; of times when they truly loved each other, when their smiles were real and not fake. Neither of them was willing to break the silence because they were both feeling cowardly at the moment. They were too afraid to speak and too afraid to ask the questions bouncing around inside their heads and so the silence prevailed until Kai finally decided to break it.

“How...” Kai began quietly, his voice cracking oddly from having not being used in a while and so he paused to clear his throat before continuing. “How did we end up this way...?”

Taemin lowered his head as he kept his gaze on his lap. Even though he sure that neither of them could see well in the dark that surrounded them he was still certain that Kai was looking closely at him. He was afraid to look at Kai because of the turmoil he was experiencing inside of him all of a sudden. He had been fine and he would have continued on with his life, if not particularly happily but at least he would have been fine had it not been for him acceding to his mother’s plea to come to this place. Why had he let himself get guilt tripped into coming? Why had he not heeded the bad feeling he had gotten early this morning when he had awaken? He could have avoided this situation. He had been fine living without Kai. He had long since gotten over the pain of their estrangement only to have it now awaken inside of him along with other unreasonable emotions.

“Do you think our parents orchestrated this?” Taemin asked looking around even though he couldn’t see anything. Besides him he heard Kai scoff and he bit his lips.

“Always trying to avoid the questions...” Kai said quietly as Taemin chewed on his lips. “You were never brave enough to face things that seemed too much for you...Always running away...I wonder if anyone knows that’s who Lee Taemin really was? A coward who always run instead of standing and fighting...”

“What do you want from me?! Huh?! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!! HUH?!! THAT I GOT SCARED?!! THAT I’M SORRY FOR LETTING STUFFS COME IN BETWEEN US?! AND THAT I CONTINUED LIVING MY LIFE INSTEAD OF PINING FOR YOU?” Taemin voice began rising as he turned to yell angrily at Kai. “DO YOU THINK YOU WERE THE ONLY WHO WAS HURT?!!! WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT YOU COULD JUST SIT THERE AND CALL ME A COWARD?! TALKING AS IF YOU WAS ANY BETTER...FINE!!! IT WAS MY ENTIRE FAULT!! BLAME EVERYTHING ON ME!! THE GREAT KIM JONGIN IS NOT AT FAULT! HE’S JUST THE HAPLESS VICTIM!! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR??? HUH? KIM KAI.”

“What I want...is the truth...” Kai said trying to hold his own temper in. “I don’t want your lame excuses or your insincere apologies. All I want is the truth...the truth about how we ended up like this.”

“THE TRUTH??!! OH NOW YOU WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH?! YOU WEREN’T INTERESTED IN HEARING THE TRUTH ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!!!” Taemin yelled at Kai who was gripping the handle between their chairs rather tightly. “YOU WERE QUICK TO POINT FINDERS AND MAKE YOUR OWN ASSUMPTIONS!!!”

“THERE WAS A LOT OF EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU...” Kai shouted at Taemin, his control on his temper slipping as he remembered that moment Taemin was referring to. “I DON’T SEE HOW YOU CAN DENY ANYTHING WHEN YOU WERE LYING IN BED AND SMELLING OF WHILE HE WALKED OUT OF THE SHOWER AS WELL...IT WOULD TAKE A DUMB PERSON TO NOT FIGURE OUT THAT YOU HAD ING CHEATED ON ME!!”

“OH? ARE WE POINTING FINGERS????” Taemin asked spinning around in his chair to angrily face Kai. “WELL SINCE IT’S LIKE THAT...HOW ABOUT WE LOOK AT THE REASON BEHIND MY ‘CHEATING’? DO YOU REMEMBER? SHALL I REFRESH YOUR MEMORY? DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CHEATED ON ME FIRST??? KISSING THAT ING BANDMATE OF YOURS WHEN YOU CLAIMED YOU WERE TOO SICK TO SEE ME???”

“I ALREADY TOLD YOU!!! HE KISSED ME NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!” Kai shouted back at Taemin thinking of that accursed moment when he had gotten up to pee as his fever had gone down only to come out of the washroom to get tackled by Kyungsoo.

‘You seem better...’ Kyungsoo said as Kai walked slowly but steadily to his dorm room.

‘Ah yeah...the medicine and your soup worked wonders hyung.’ Kai said smiling slightly before he began coughing. Kyungsoo rushed over to him and Kai tried to push him away but he had not much strength. ‘Don’t come near me. You’ll get sick too hyung.’

‘I don’t care Kai! I don’t care if I get sick because of you.’ Kyungsoo declared before he leaned over and kissed Kai smack on his lips. At that moment before Kai could work up the energy necessary to push Kyungsoo away the door had opened to let in Suho and Taemin. Kai could still remember the hurt and broken look he had seen in Taemin’s eyes as Kyungsoo had pulled away quickly. Before Kai had the chance to explain, Taemin had ran out of the dorm and refused to contact Kai for an entire week using their schedules to his advantage.

“I KNOW WHAT I SAW KAI.” Taemin exclaimed.

“THE HELL YOU DO!! AND I WAS SICK!!” Kai exclaimed as well. “I NEVER CHEATED ON YOU. I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH FOR THAT. IT WAS YOU WHO CHEATED ON ME. REFUSING TO SPEAK TO ME. REFUSING TO ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN THE TRUTH AND THEN CROWNING IT OFF WITH HAVING WITH THAT BASTARD MINHO!!!!!”

“I WAS DRUNK!!” Taemin exclaimed, his voice breaking as he felt himself getting teary-eyed. “I was drunk...and heart broken...OVER YOU! I just wanted to forget it all...”

“So thought the best idea was to MINHO?!” Kai yelled as his throat clogged up while his heart, which he was sure had died, pained all over again.

“BECAUSE I WAS SURE YOU NO LONGER WANTED ME! YOU HAD CHEATED ON ME! LIED TO ME!” Taemin yelled at Kai.

“I NEVER DID ANY OF THOSE!!” Kai shouted as he stared across at what little he could see of Taemin’s face. “AND YOU NEVER GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLAIN!”

“NEITHER DID YOU!!” Taemin yelled. “YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO US? I’LL TELL YOU!! I FELL OUT OF LOVE WITH YOU! THAT’S WHAT!”

There was a silence following Taemin’s proclamation and then Kai said ever so quietly, Taemin almost thought he was imagining things.

“Did you really?” Kai asked quietly before they settled into a silence again; each of them, once more, dwelling in their own thoughts and before once again it was Kai who broke the silence.

“I really never did cheat on you.” Kai said softly into the dark as he stared straight ahead of him. “I loved you Taemin. So damn much. I was ready to throw this life away and start a new life with you. I never thought we’d end up like this. You were my best friend, my other half...I thought you would understand me the best...but you didn’t...you didn’t even trust me...you didn’t believe in our love...Was I a fool for loving you Tae?”

Taemin felt the first tear drop fall at the sound of Kai calling him ‘Tae’. It had been so long, so damn long, since Kai had used that nickname. He stuffed his hand into his mouth to prevent himself from sobbing out loud as the tears kept falling. But even with that Kai could hear the telltale sniffling and quiet sobbing and he sighed.

“Are you crying?” Kai asked softly and not unkindly. “Tae...?” He turned to Taemin who turned his back to him to hide his teary face. “Taemin look at me...Well you can’t really see me...but you get my point.” Taemin half-laughed half-sobbed at that and then he felt gentle hands on his shoulder urging him to turn around. “Come on Taemin. I thought big boys don’t cry...”

“Are...sob...you seriously...sob...gonna tease me...sob...about that...sob...right now?” Taemin muttered out in-between sobs as he gave in and turned to face Kai knowing the darkness would shield him.

“Come on don’t cry.” Kai said softly as he gently wiped at Taemin’s tears with his fingers. “You know how much I hate seeing you cry Taemin.”

“Hic...Yeah right... What do you care...?” Taemin mumbled but still he let Kai continue to wipe his tears.

“You’re right...” Kai said removing his hands and Taemin felt his lips trembling as a fresh bout of tears threatened to fall. “Before a few hours ago, I really didn’t care...Kinda...”

“And now....?” Taemin asked in a small voice as he wiped at his tears with the back of his hands suddenly scared of the answer he might get and he didn’t know why.

“Now....honestly...” Kai sighed as he tried to sort out the things he was feeling. “Now I’m not so sure...”

“I see...” Taemin said in a small voice biting his lips to keep himself from sobbing senselessly again. What the Hell was wrong with him? What had he been expecting?

“Aigooo are you sure you’re the older one?” Kai asked putting his hand under Taemin’s chin and turning his face to Kai’s. “Ahh so cute~~ How did I ever let you go?”

“Why did you?” Taemin blurted out before he tried to pull his head out of Kai’s grasp to no avail. He heard Kai chuckle.

“Honestly?” Kai asked and Taemin nodded his head and Kai sighed. “I just...at the time...I couldn’t find it in my heart to forgive you Taemin.”

“I’m sorry.” Taemin said looking down as far as Kai’s grasp would allow him.

“But even so...” Kai said and his grip tightened. “Why didn’t you come after me?”

“I couldn’t...” Taemin mumbled quietly as he thought back to those times. “I couldn’t face you...with what I had done...with what I had thought you had done...With our life together having to be kept absolutely secret just because we were two males in love... It seemed like the perfect opportunity to just...forget it all...pretend it never happened...” Kai inhaled sharply. “But I couldn’t do that...so I threw myself more and more into work and just let myself go...doing crazy stuff...until I couldn’t feel anything anymore... It probably doesn’t make sense but it’s the truth.”

Taemin removed Kai’s hand from his chin and folded his hand over it before giving it a squeeze.

“How is it that even when we’re apart we still do the same ?” Kai asked and Taemin frowned. “It makes a lot of sense...to a person who did the same thing.”

“I was scared...” Taemin said after a while and now it was Kai’s turn to frown. “I was always afraid that one day you would wake up and realize that I wasn’t good enough for you. I was scared that you would see how much better you could do without me and that you would leave me...”

“Taemin I would have never-” Kai began but Taemin cut him off with a tight squeeze to the hand he still had in his grip.

“I knew that...But I still couldn’t help the thoughts from buzzing in my head and so that day...when I came over and saw you with him...” Taemin’s breath hitched as he struggled to keep the sobs in. “I felt my whole world collapsing around me. The thoughts came forefront and loud in my head telling me that you had finally woken up and figured out that you could do better without me...That you didn’t need me...That you’d found someone else better than me to love...And my heart just shattered into tiny pieces.”

Taemin couldn’t hold the tears back anymore and so he broke down right there letting all the pain he had felt at that time out. For the first time in years, Kai reached over and wrapped his arms tightly around the older boy; his own tears flowing freely down his cheeks. In all those years Kai had never figured that the reason Taemin just let him go without much effort was because he was insecure. He had hated Taemin and looked down at him in scorn because he had thought the older boy didn’t care for him at all. How wrong he had been. Kai understood now everything now. He had let his pride get in the way. He should have gone after Taemin all those years ago and tried to work things out but he hadn’t and now here they were.

“Idiot. Stupid silly idiotic Lee Taemin...” Kai mumbled hoarsely into Taemin’s ears as the older boy’s crying subsided. “You were my whole world...I was the one who felt that I didn’t deserve you. You precious idiot. How could you doubt my love for you? Stupid Taeminie...”

“Shut up...hic... Is that anyway...hic...to speak...sniffle...to your elder?” Taemin mumbled into Kai’s neck. Taemin heard Kai chuckled and he smiled.

“Elder? You’re just a big cry baby.” Kai said teased and he felt Taemin shoving at him but he held the older boy close. “I let you go once Taeminie...I’m not letting you get away again...Unless you really really really want me to...”

“Stupid...Idiot...Jonginie...” Taemin mumbled as he felt his face heat up slightly. “My ribs hurt from being pressed into this chair handle...”

“Aish so unromantic...” Kai mocked as he released the older boy. “Ruined the moment.”

“If it’s romance you want...” Taemin said suddenly feeling brave, he got up from his seat and shuffled his body so that he could sit on Kai’s lap. “I can do that~”

“Are you trying to seduce me?” Kai asked as he wound his arm around Taemin’s waist pulling the older boy closer. It was all so familiar to him.

“Me?” Taemin asked in an innocent voice before he giggled as Kai snorted. “Is it working?”

“Lee Taemin...what to do with you?” Kai said shaking his head and Taemin laughed. Just then there was the sound of a lock being turned and Kai and Taemin turned around to find the door to the room they were in was now open.

“How about we get out of here and then you can decide on that Kim Jongin?” Taemin said getting up from Kai’s lap.

“Sounds like a good idea.” Kai said getting up from the chair and stretching as Taemin scrubbed at his face. They began walking towards the door. “By the way, did this place seem familiar to you? I’ve been trying to place this feeling I got since I came here...”

“You too?” Taemin said as they reached the door blinking as their eyes adjusted to the light. Taemin searched through his memories as he tried to figure it out. “Ah! That’s it! It’s the house we were going to buy together...”

“Ah...I remember now...Ah! What’s this?” Kai said as they stopped short and stared at the wall before them.

 There was a huge sign that said: TURN LEFT FOR A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE!

Taemin and Kai looked at each other before inspecting the sign more carefully. There were writings beneath it.

Jongin and Taemin, forgive us for taking things this far but...well we hope everything works out with you guys. Never give up! Fighting! Lots of Love from the Kim and Lee family! Hope to see you guys soon.

P-S: The house is yours. We bought it as a gift for you guys. The papers are in the bedroom to sign. ENJOY~!^^

“So it was our parents!” Taemin said shaking his head.

“I can’t believe they bought this house!” Kai exclaimed as he too shook his head.

“So what do you say Jongin?” Taemin said with a shy smile as Kai turned to him. Kai smiled at the cute sight of Taemin with his puffy tear stained face and shy smile. “Will you give me a second chance to love you? Will you give us a second chance?”

Kai stared hard at Taemin until the older boy began to shift nervously and look down at his feet. Kai followed his heart and walked up to Taemin and lifted the older boy off his feet. Taemin looked up at Kai’s face in surprise.

“Turn left they said right?” Kai said as he began walking in that direction.

Taemin felt a huge bubble of happiness form inside up of him and exploded out of him in a huge happy smile. Kai looked down at him and felt his whole world, which had been dull and grey, light up into many burst of color and his own happiness burst through in the form of his own happy smile. Kai leaned down and softly kissed Taemin’s lips before he kept walking, following the arrows to their second chance.

 

Minho walked silently with his group as they walked through the corridor of SM Entertainment building. He had an odd feeling of foreboding and kept glancing at the maknae who seemed...very different from when he had left the house yesterday morning. It almost felt as if the old Taemin was back and Minho was sure he had seen Taemin smiling happily at his phone a few times. Taemin had also came home very late last night and he had not smelled of anything but Taemin and a small scent Minho was sure he knew but couldn’t identify at the moment. In front of them, EXO piled out from a room and Minho’s sense of foreboding increased even more. Minho watched as Jonghyun and Suho waved at each other and then it happened. Behind the other members came Kai who seemed not quite awake as he followed after s. Next to Minho, Taemin looked up with a bright smile and then he was off running behind Kai. What happened next left everyone in shock, especially Kyungsoo and Minho.

Taemin ran up to Kai and jumped onto his back calling, “Jonginie-ah~!”

“Ah! Taeminie...” Kai said his sleepiness disappearing at the sound of that beautiful voice. “Ugh you’re choking me...” Kai said as he grinned and began running with Taemin on his back. “Ahh somebody get this koala off of me!!!”

Taemin laughed as he said, “You know you love this koala~”

Kai laughed and said, “That I do.”

When they disappeared from sight, their happy laughter still ringing out throughout the corridor, EXO and SHINee stared at each other in bewilderment. Minho felt his heart shattering to pieces as he tried to not think of what he had seen and what it might mean.

Kyungsoo felt his entire body going numb as the sight of Taemin and Kai’s bright happy laughter kept going through his mind. He should have known something was up when Kai seemed less sullen and more like his old self this morning. He should have known that things had changed. Did that mean Kai met Taemin yesterday? He had come home late and smelled like...ah!

Minho and Kyungsoo understood then why it was they thought the scent had been familiar. Kai had had Taemin’s scent on him and Taemin had had Kai’s scent on him. They did meet each other after all. The does that mean....

“So...are they like...back together or something?” Kris asked looking around confused. Only confused faces and two hurt faces stared back at him.

“What are you guys doing? We’re going to be late!” A male voice rang out and they saw EXO and SHINee managers approaching them.

“Super Junior and TVXQ have already gotten into their vehicles.” That was EXO manager speaking. “f(x) and SNSD are currently getting into theirs only you guys are left.”

“Ah mianhaeyo!” EXO and SHINee muttered as they began walking.

EXO manager turned around to ask, “Oh! Did Kai and Taemin make up?”

“Why hyung?” Baekhyun asked as he was the closest to the manager.

“I saw them out front posing for the fans...” EXO manger said frowning slightly as the Idols glanced at each other.

“Together...” SHINee manager added.

“I guess they did...” Jonghyun said as they stopped before the door of SM Entertainment building watching Kai and Taemin forming a joint heart above their heads for the fans. EXO and SHINee manager poushed the doors opened to allow the members to pass.

“I guess they are back together...” Chanyeol mumbled as the pair turned and waved to their fans still forming hearts.

“Yeah...doesn’t look pretend to me...” Sehun mumbled glancing sideways at Kyungsoo.

“True...” Onew replied glancing at Minho.

Taemin and Kai waved at their fans before turning to walk to their vans, arm in arm and bright smiles on their faces. Taemin leaned in and muttered,

“I love you Jonginie.”

“I love you too, Taeminie.” Kai whispered before they separated and got into their group’s van.
...

“So you and Kai...” Jonghyun began looking at Taemin who smiled brightly at him.

...

“We’ve rekindled our love...” Kai answered with a bright smile as the members nodded and congratulated him just as SHINee did to Taemin.

 

 

a/n: annyeong~~ well i really hope you enjoy this~~^^

AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT~~^^

ANYONE HAS LINE OR KAKAOTALK???^^ LINE: N_Precious Kakaotalk: NYJK25 LET'S BE FRIENDS~

UNTIL NEXT TIME~ HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ONE SHOT~^^ ANNYEONG~~