Jaywalking

Inescapable Love

 

Jongin yawned as he walked leisurely with his group of friends to their usual hang out spot. They had come to his house minutes earlier and dragged him out with them. All he wanted was to get back in his bed and rest his tired body. His audition date was coming up and he had been practising like crazy, only taking a break every now and then [like today for example] to get his strength up back. His friends didn't know of his audition as he didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. He wished wholeheartedly that he would pass the audition but there was still the chance that he might not get accepted, so he had kept everything a secret even from his parents.

"YAH JONGIN-AH PALLIWA!!!!" His friends called out to him and Jongin looked up to see that he had lagged far behind them. He quickly jogged up to them and they made their way into the ice-cream parlour.

"The usual?" The girl behind the counter asked smiling brightly at them and they all nodded. She was pretty and his best friend, Moon-Kyu seemed to have a thing for her and so coming here had become a regular thing.

Jongin glanced around the crowded area and sighed. He didn't really feel like eating ice-cream at the moment so why was he here anyway. He ran through his hair and tried to stiffle a yawn as he glanced out the glass window before doing a double take. A slender person was quickly making their way past the ice-cream parlour on the opposite side of the road. Jongin saw the person look at the parlor for a second before turning away muttering to themself. In that brief second, he was sure their eyes had met and he had been unable to take his eyes of that beautiful face. Jongin wasn't sure if it was a guy or a girl, because of the baggy clothes and the pretty face. He figured it might be a guy though but he still kept staring unable to take his eyes off of that beautiful stranger. Jongin kept staring until the figure was no longer in sight. Jongin wasn't sure when his feet had moved but he was out of the door before he knew it, ignoring the call of his friends behind him. The slender figure had vanished and Jongin huffed in frustration as he ran forward looking among the other pedestrians for the beautiful stranger who had caught his eyes. There had been something familiar about this person but Jongin couldn't quite put his finger on it as he searched for the figure. He was about to give up hope when Jongin spot him some distance off from the pedestrian crossing and he began running over to where the person was and prayed that the green light that would allow pedestrians to cross would not come on before he made it.

Jongin looked up at the traffic light and saw that it had a while to go before it went to red which meant that the green man would not come on anytime soon and so he smiled in relief as he slowed to jog, suddenly aware of people's stare. He had almost meet to the crossing when he saw the figure glance at their watch before looking left and right worriedly. Jongin became immediately worried as the figure walked a bit away from the crossing, still looking left and right.

"!" Jongin muttered under his breath and began to run again, as the figure quickly crossed the road. "Damnit!"

Jongin broke into a sprint, his eyes glued to the beautiful stranger's back. Jongin couldn't say what was driving him so hard to meet this stranger, other than the person seemed familiar and compelled Jongin. Panting slightly, Jongin raced over the road ignoring the blaring of horns and shouts of people as he ran after the beautiful stranger. It almost felt as if his heart was leading him towards this person but that didn't make any sense right? Just as Jongin thought he was catching up, the figure broke into a run and Jongin cursed under his breath.

"YAH!!" Jongin yelled after the person realizing how ridiculous it must look. "YAH!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! YAH!!!!"

The figure ahead slowed down a bit before turning to peek back and Jongin cursed again, as the figure just began running again. With a last burst of energy, Jongin sprinted after the person and grabbed their hand bring them both to a halt. Bent over panting in exhaustion and holding onto that slender wrist, Jongin looked up to find that the person was staring at him with fright in their eyes before it quickly changed to recognition.

"IT'S YOU!" They both said at the same time before chuckling.

"Why do we keep meeting this way?" The person said amused and Jongin frowned.

"Well, if you had listened when I called for you, it wouldn't be like this." Jongin said trying to regulate his breathing, that slim wrist still in his grasp.

"Sorry...I'm kinda running a bit late..." The figure said smiling sheepishly. Now that Jongin looked at his surrounding, he found that it was very familiar. "Plus you looked scary chasing me down like that..." The figure smiled and Jongin flushed a bit before realizing he was still holding the person's wrist and let go of it quickly. "..Again." Now Jongin was definitely blushing. "Aigoo so cute~!" The figure reached out to pinch Jongin's cheeks.

"Hyungggg.." Jongin protested and the other guy laughed.

"Anyways, I really have to go or else I'll get yelled at for being late." The guy said and Jongin pouted slightly. "I hope the next time we see each other, you're not chasing me down again."

"Yah! I left my ice-cream behind because of you....AGAIN!" Jongin said as he wondered who had stuffed his ice-cream down by now.

"AH! You were in that ice-cream parlor?" The older guy asked. "I was going to stop in but...."

"Yeah...Anyways...See you around hyung." Jongin said smiling. "Uhh, and I know..." Jongin scratched his head shyly "Well, you know..I know this is just the second time we've met but..you know.."

The older guy laughed and Jongin flushed. "Sure...Let's be friends~" The older said smiling before turning around. "After all, you've chased me down twice now...No one has ever done that for me."

"Yeah..." Jongin smiled slightly embarrassed but happy, nonetheless. "Bye Taemin hyung."

"And that's another thing." Taemin said titling his head to look at Jongin. "If we're going to be friends, call me Taemin not hyung."

"But-"

"Taemin or no friendship." Taemin said with an evil smile.

"Sure..." Jongin said smiling at Taemin. He had never met anyone older than him that didn't want to be called by their respectful title and somehow it made him happy that Taemin truly wanted them to be friends. "...Taeminie~"

"Taeminie?" Taemin asked with an arched eyebrow and Jongin flushed brightly. "I like it~ Jonginie~"

Jongin flushed even brighter at his new cute name as he and Taemin waved good-bye to each other. With a silly smile on his face, he headed back in the direction from which he had come. Strolling idly, he stuffed his hands into his pockets as his phone began to ring. It was Moon-Kyu.

"Yeoboseyo." He said into the phone before having to move it some distance away from his ear.

"YAH!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!! WHERE DID YOU RUN OFF TO LIKE THAT?!!" Moon-Kyu bellowed into the phone and Jongin winced.

"Ahh...something came up..." Jongin said biting his lips before deciding to change his course for home. "Hey I'm going home. I'm tired. See you guys some other time."

Jongin hung up quickly before he got yelled at again and walked home. By the time he had reached home he felt energized and so he grabbed his stuff, called a quick word to his parents to let them know he was going back out and left the house. He made sure he had his keys as he began walking to the small dance studio that he was allowed to used to practice. Jongin smiled to himself as he stuck his earphone in. He couldn't wait for his audition and now he wanted to make the cut even more.

Finally it was the day of the audition and Jongin was nervous as ever. He had barely eaten anything the night before and had only managed to eat breakfast because of his mother's hawk eye piercing straight into him. Jongin took a deep breath as he pushed the doors of S.M Entertainment opened. His heart was beating madly in his chest as he looked around with wide eyes. Jongin swallowed before he made his way over to one of the desk to enquire as to where he needed to go to audition. After obtaining the necessary information, Jongin made his way to the room that he had been directed to and stopped short. There were a lot of people there waiting to audition and he was suddenly catapulting into panic mode. Was he good enough to beat all these amount of people? Would he be good enough? Maybe he should just forget about all of this and just go back home. There was no way he was going to get picked, even if he could dance well and his singing ability was average. Jongin stood where he was indecisive, when the television on the wall began playing 'Noona Neomu Yeppo'. Jongin turned and stared at the screen as the music video played and he suddenly smiled as he saw his hyung singing and dancing there. It was as if his hyung was giving him encouragement with ever move and every look he made. He squared his shoulder and went over to the guy sitting behind a desk and got his contestant number. No, he was not going to give up because he had a reason for doing all of this. Jongin took a vacant seat and tried to relax his body by thinking back to how his desire to join S.M had started.

It had been just an ordinary day with his friends, as they walked the usual route to get ice-cream. They had gotten their ice-creams and were wondering where to go as they enjoyed their ice-cream. They had no specific direction in mind and eventually they had begun teasing Moon-Kyu of his crush on the cashier noona when Jongin had looked around aimlessly and spotted Taemin walking on the opposite curb. Then, Jongin had not know if it was a he or a she but something about the figure had triggered something in him and he stared, his ice-cream forgotten, as the figure had hurriedly walk in the direction of the pedestrian crossing. Something about the figure had called to Jongin and before he knew what was happening, he had shoved his ice-cream in one of his friend's hands and had taken off in the direction of the figure that was calling him. As he walked quickly, he saw the figure looked left and right quickly before crossing the road some distance away from the pedestrian crossing. Jongin began jogging as the figure made it's way over to his side of the curb and began walking quickly away from him. It had been a situation much like a few days ago. He had eventually chased after the figure until he had finally managed to snag the person's wrist.

At first, Taemin had opened his mouth to scream in fright but Jongin had quickly reassured the boy that he meant no harm. Taemin had not trusted him and had hugged himself in fright and Jongin had thought how cute the action was before he had proceeded to reassure the guy that he was not a murderer or ert or anything besides a normal teenager who had felt a strange urge to talk to Taemin. The last part had not gone over so well but after much flushing from embarrassment and stuttering, the boy had introduced himself as Lee Taemin, one year older than Jongin and had accepted Jongin's request to just hang out for a bit. To this day, Jongin was sure the only reason Taemin had gone with him to the donut shop was because it had been a public place where he would be safe. They had talked for a while and had discovered that they had a lot in common. It had been from Taemin that Jongin had learnt of S.M Entertainment's audition. The older boy's eyes had gleamed brightly as he had told Jongin to try out when he had heard that Jongin enjoyed dancing. At that point, Jongin had just been so happy that this beautiful boy had decided to relax around him enough that they had such a friendly conversation that he had found himself nodding his head. Taemin had eagerly gripped Jongin's hands as his eyes danced, pretty much commanding Jongin to audition even as Jongin protested that he couldn't really sing and that there was no way he would get chosen. Taemin had just said that he had been like that too and if he had gotten chosen then there was no way Jongin wouldn't get pick. Jongin had been hesitant at first but the elder's enthusiasm had been contagious and he had agreed to do it.

Taemin had blushed brightly when he had realized he'd been gripping Jongin's hands tightly and had let go of them quickly to hide behind his banana milk. Jongin had found himself blushing as well at how cute his hyung had looked and so he had hid his face behind a donut. After a while, they had parted ways and hasn't seen each other ever since. Jongin had told Taemin that he is usually at the ice-cream parlour with his friends at certain times and Taemin could find him there. Taemin had told Jongin that he was usually at S.M Entertainment practising and stuff with s as they had just debuted. Still, neither of them had met with each other until recently when Jongin had once again chased him down. He had gotten yelled at that day by his friends for having left them so suddenly. His ice-cream had also been eaten out as well. Apparently that had been his punishment. Days had passed and Jongin pondered over what Taemin had said. Still it hadn't been until he had seen the posters on the walls that he had finally made the decision to audition and now here he was waiting his turn.

"KIM JONG IN." A voice called and Jongin sprang up from his seat, startled and earned himself some snickers.

"That's me, ma'am." Jongin said swallowing before following after the woman into the room where the judges were. "Annyeonghaseyo." Jongin bowed nervously. "My name's Kim Jong In."

"Annyeonghaseyo." They all replied politely before indicating that I should begin.

They made me sing first and I felt like digging a hole and jump into it after I had finished singing. I saw them murmur together before jotting down on their paper. One of the man looked up and asked,

"Jong In can you rap?"

"Uhhh..Kind of..." Jongin replied hesitantly.

"Can you give it a try?" The man asked and Jongin nodded as he tried to find a rap part of any song in his head.

"Ya, the perfect man is who I be
Sittin' on top with ya, but more swifter
Stronger than your knob liquor, money hoes and clothes don't let the clues get ya, they not fear." Jongin blurted out as the rap part to Shinhwa's Perfect Man came into his mind. Jongin froze as the judges once again murmured and jotted down. He was really beginning to sweat now.

"That was good Jong In." The lady said smiling warmly at him and he allowed himself to breathe a bit. "You're a fan of Shinhwa huh?"

"Yeah. I really admire and respect them. In some ways they're the ones who've inspired me to try singing." Jongin blurted out before clamping his mouth shut. The lady only chuckled warmly at him.

"It says here on the form that you are mainly a dancer...?" Another one of the judges asked and Jongin nodded his head.

"Ne, sir." He answered not wanting to seem rude.

"Good then show us what you've got." The fourth judge said with a smile and Jongin nodded as the music began playing. Taking a deep breath he let his move to the beat, feeling it deep down into his bones, enjoying it and when it was over he smirked at the judges confidently. They murmured some more and jotted down before speaking with him.

"By God child I have not seen anyone enjoy the music so much since Lee Taemin auditioned." The woman gushed and Jongin felt his face heat up at that statement.

"Kamsahapnida." Jongin said bowing deeply.

"Alright, please wait outside for a bit." The man said and Jongin left after bowing. When he had made it to a chair, he collapsed into it, his entire body feeling drained. He sure as Hell hoped he made the cut.

Jongin wasn't sure when he had fallen asleep but the feeling of someone shaking him awake had him opening his eyes blearily. He blinked quickly and saw that it was the guy from the desk and sat up straight, fighting the sleep from his eyes.

"They're calling you inside." The man said once he saw that Jongin was awake and Jongin looked around to find just a handfull of people there. He got up and made his way into the room and stood at the side.

"Hmm...You go over there.." a voice said and Jongin looked and saw a lady separating the mass of people inside of the room. He flexed and moved his back, shaking some life into it when the lady turned her eyes on him. He swallowed. His faith was about to be decided. "Kim Jongin right?"

"Yes ma'am." Jongin said trying to keep his voice from trembling. She smiled warmly at him.

"Go on over to that guy there and collect your package." She said and he stared at her for who knows how long in shock. Did that mean what Jongin think she meant? She winked at him and he knew it then. He had made the cut. Jongin grinned happily before thanking her and heading over to where she had sent him. He looked back to find envious glance falling his way and the joy spread even more inside of him. He had made it right away!

"Excuse me, I was sent to collect my package." Jongin said, his voice trembling. He gave Jongin what he needed and made him fill out the different forms before bidding him good-bye.

As Jongin step out of S.M Building, it all suddenly dawned on him that he was now an S.M trainee. He would now be in the same building as Lee Taemin and he couldn't wait to go home and share the news with his parents and friends. Jongin smiled happily as he made his way home. His future looked good.

Two weeks later, Jongin is in the practice room moving to the beat of the music player blasting out the upbeat song when the doors opened and his heart nearly stopped.

"Oh sorry I didn't--" The person said before gasping. "OH MY GOD IT'S YOU!"

"HYUNG!" Jongin said in shock. Sure he had been hoping to see the guy again, just not when he was sweating like a pig.

"Yah what did I tell you about that?" The person said shaking his head. "And I see you took my advice."

"Ahh mian..Taemin..." Jongin said with a small smile as he grabbed his towel and began wiping at his face quickly.

"Taemin? What happened to my cute name?" Taemin asked coming into the room with a pout on his face. "So are you the dancing machine trainee everyone's talking about?"

'OH MY GOD SO CUTE!!!' Jongin squealed in his head. Wait. Jongin took in Taemin's question.

"Uhm, What? Dancing machine?" Jongin asked slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah, the one who didn't even have to go through the rest of the elimination process." Taemin said as he began warming up. Jongin became curious as he watched the older guy. He wanted to see the older guy dancing in person, even more so after what the lady judge had said. "Why are you staring at me?"

Jongin looked away, blushing. He had been caught staring and he could feel his ears heat up from his embarrassment. He peeked at the elder guy to find a light tint of pink coloring the guy's cheeks. Omo~Was Taemin blushing? Jongin found that sight to be rather cute and wanted to see it again and so he spoke without thinking.

"She said she hadn't seen someone dance that well since you auditioned." Jongin said and Taemin stood up to look at him, flushing at the compliment.

"Did she now..." Taemin murmured, looking at the ground shyly before staring up at Jongin sharply. "Show me."

Jongin blinked at Taemin's commanding tone. Well, he never thought the guy had it in him at all but nevertheless he complied and began dancing to the song that was playing. When it was finished, Taemin applauded and Jongin looked down shyly.

"I'm sure you're better." Jongin said staring at Taemin, who looked away shyly. "Your turn."

Taemin bit his lips, drawing Jongin's attention to them and he felt his breathing speed up a bit and looked away hastily. What the Hell?! Taemin went over to the music player and punched some buttons until another upbeat song began playing. When he started moving, Jongin felt his jaw hit the floor with no hope of coming back up. It was as if Taemin transformed into a beautiful seductive creature, drawing the audience in with every move of his legs, every sway of his hips, every pop and lock he did was executed perfectly.  When he was finished, Jongin could only clap completely dumbfounded.

"WOW!!" Jongin said staring at Taemin in amazement. "Just wow!"

"I could teach you if you like." Taemin offered shyly and Jongin nodded enthusiastically.

And so the lessons began with Taemin as the teacher and Jongin as the student. Jongin was a quick learner and their friendship grew to the point where their mothers came to refer to them as their other son.

One day, whilst practicing, the doors opened and Jongin smiled to himself.

"You're late Tae---" He said turning around only to find that it was not Taemin but some other guy.

"Um, I'm Yixing." The guy said slowly, as if korean was not his first language.

"I'm Jongin." Jongin said smiling at the guy. "You're not korean right?"

The guy frowned deeply before pointing to himself and said, "Chinese."

"Ahh.." Jongin looked around in his head for the little chinese he knew. Thank God he had picked it up fast. "Hi, I only know a little mandarin. Did you come to practice dancing?"

"Ne!" Yixing said nodding enthusiastically and Jongin beckoned for him to come in. "Thank you."

Jongin nodded and returned to his dancing wondering where Taemin was. He had grown so accustomed to having the older guy there that he missed him terribly. His heart ached and he was beginning to wonder what was happening with him. Had he fallen for the older guy? Jongin shook his head. Was such a thing even possible? He thought back to his dreams and felt his face flushed. Maybe...it was possible...

"You're really good." Yixing said and Jongin turned around in surprise to find the guy looking at him.

"I had a good teacher." Jongin replied with a smile as he thought of the days he had spent with Taemin dancing together. "How old are you?"

"Fourteen." Yixing replied and then inclined his head towards Jongin.

"Twelve." Jongin replied. "You're my hyung."

"Hyung?" Yixing replied and I smiled.

"Yeah." Jongin nodded before explaining. After that they began dancing and he discovered that Yixing was actually pretty good. Taemin didn't show up that day or for the next two weeks and so Yixing and Jongin danced together and bonded as their korean and mandarin got better.

YEARS LATER...

"What are you thinking about?" A voice asked and Jongin looked down to find Taemin staring up at him from where his head rested in Jongin's lap as they watched the television.

"The past.." Jongin said with a smile. He could feel his heart beating quickly as he stared down into the dark orbs that were Taemin's eyes. He wished he could just let himself get loss in them for eternity.

"Ahhh yes... the good old days when you chased me down..." Taemin said in a teasing voice.

"You remember that?" Jongin asked in surprise.

"Of course!" Taemin said with a scoff.

"Then do you remember the day you got so jealous coming into the practice room to find Lay hyung and I dancing together?" Jongin teased with a smirk as Taemin turned his face away muttering to himself. "It was so cute...You barging in and then stomping off because I wasn't paying much attention to you."

"And then you chased me down again." Taemin muttered, his face still turned away from Jongin.

"Yeah..I did a lot of that back then..." Jongin said softly. "I'm still chasing after you Taeminie..."

At the sound of the sadness in Jongin's voice, Taemin turned his head to stare into Jongin's eyes. "Jongin..." Taemin said with a hand against Jongin's cheek. "You have made quite a name for yourself and you are just as famous as I am so there is no chasing anymore. We're equal bestie~"

"That's not what I mean..." Jongin said quietly, so quietly Taemin wasn't even sure if Jongin had spoken. Jongin closed his eyes as he bit his lips.

"Jongin?" Taemin asked raising up to face Jongin. "Talk to me."

"Are you that blind?!" Jongin blurted out.

"Huh?" Taemin asked in shock. "Wha..."

"Never mind. Let's just watch the movie." Jongin said, trying to reign in his frustration.

"No talk to me.." Taemin demanded.

"I said it was nothing." Jongin said staring at the television.

"Jongin..." Taemin whined poking at his best friend. "Tell meeee.."

"Are you watching this or not?" Jongin asked his eyes glued to the television screen like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"JONGINIE..." Taemin continued to whine. "Tell me. Tell me. Tell me."

"Tae.." Jongin said in a threatening voice.

"Imma bug you until you tell me..." Taemin said and Jongin sat in silence. "Jonginie....tell meeeeeeee...tell meeee tell mee tell meee tell mee.."

"I ING LOVE YOU DAMNIT!!" Jongin exploded, shocking Taemin into silence. "There! I've said it."

"Well I love you too, man." Taemin said and Jongin scoffed moving away from him.

He walked over to his window and stared out into the night sky. The place was quiet as they were the only two occupying EXO's dorm currently. He had just confessed his long hidden feelings but Taemin didn't seem to understand them for what they truly were. What had he expected anyway? It was not his fault that Jongin had fallen in love with him. It had just happened. All the time they had spent together, little by little Jongin had fallen. Littly by little, every move..every touch..every smile...Jongin held them all closely in his heart. He had never planned on confessing either but it had just become so unbearable lately. He would lay away wanting to hear Taemin's voice, he would think of Taemin everytime he saw banana milk. There was always something reminding him of the guy. Jongin pressed his forehead tiredly to the window, it felt cool against his hot skin. He felt tired suddenly, as if confessing had drained everything from him.

"I'm going to bed." Jongin said quietly as the silence from Taemin continued to reign. Without looking at Taemin, Jongin went up to his room and crawled into his bed. Sometime later, he heard the door open and close and then the bed dipped. He felt Taemin settled onto the bed with him and then he threw an arm around Jongin's waist causing the younger boy to stiffen.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Taemin whispered and Jongin contemplated faking sleep but he knew that Taemin knew that he was awake and so he turned over to face Taemin.

"Tell you what?" Jongin asked, deciding to play it safe.

"That you're in love with me." Taemin said bluntly and Jongin felt himself blush. He felt Taemin's hand move from his waist to his cheeks, caressing him softly. "You're cute when you blush."

"Uhmm..." Jongin said smartly, biting his lips and wondering where Taemin was going with this. He felt Taemin's thumb brush across his lips lightly and felt his eyes widened.

"You should have told me earlier Jonginie..." Taemin said as he continued to Jongin's cheek with his thumb. "Could have spared us both the uncertainty."

"Huh?" Jongin replied again intelligently. What was Taemin saying? Jongin looked closely at Taemin to find the guy blushing. Could it be...? Dare he hope...? "Taemin..you..."

"Yeah...I'm in love with you too." Taemin confessed quietly before hiding his face shyly. Jongin couldn't believe it. Taemin was saying that he was in love with him!

"When..." Jongin choked out as he reached out to lift Taemin's face up.

"Uhmm...years ago.." Taemin said blushing brightly. "It..I think I liked you since you first chased me down..."

"Well Hell..." was all Jongin could say. "I think I liked you since then too...Something just pulled me to go after you..."

"Like we were destined to be together.." Taemin murmured with a smile.

"Soul mates...?" Jongin asked with a smile of his own.

"What do you think?" Taemin asked his lips. Jongin's gaze dropped to those luscious lips he had been dying to taste for a very long time now.

"Soul mates sounds about right, I guess." Jongin said as he leaned in towards Taemin. "I did chase you down continuously."

Taemin giggled and then their lips met, hesitant at first before meshing into something deeper as they conveyed their hidden feelings for each other. They kissed softly and gently for a while before snuggling down to sleep in each other's arms just as the sound of voices could be heard signaling the members had returned. Neither Taemin or Jongin cared about that though, as they murmured 'I love you' to each other before they closed their eyes and fell asleep.

 

a/n: and there you have it folks~~first one-shot is finished~~^^

i do hope you read and enjoy and subscribe~~

and please comment~~^^

until the next time~~~ANNYEONG~~DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT~^^