Call You Mine

Call You Mine

Harry Potter!AU. It’s probably not good compared to the other hp!au fics, but I hope this one is alright T_T

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, the right path is not the easiest one.

--Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon swallowed thickly.

He brought a hand to his chest, slightly clutching his robe. In any minute, his name would be called by the Professor and he would have to wear the Sorting Hat. One by one, the boys and the girls beside him were called and they stalked forward to sit and have a silent chat with the hat.

Again, Junmyeon swallowed.

He knew he wasn’t supposed to be nervous, but it just scared him. They say the hat would be able to read his mind, even the darkness of his thoughts. He was probably going to be placed either in Gryffindor, simply because his father was one. Or in Slytherin, because his mother was one. There was nothing wrong with the other houses, but Junmyeon wished he would be able to follow his parents’ footsteps, hoping that he wouldn’t fail their expectation.

Besides, didn’t the apples fall down somewhere close to the tree?

“Kim Junmyeon!”

Junmyeon was pulled out of his thoughts and he gasped softly as he looked up. Everyone’s eyes turned to him as he slowly walked forward from the line of unsorted first years. His lips were trembling and he tried to hide it by biting on his lower lip, but it just made it worse. He paused momentarily before settling down on the empty chair.

The Professor seemed to notice his nervousness and patted his back.

“My name is Leeteuk,” he introduced himself and smiled very kindly to Junmyeon. “It’s going to be alright. It’s just a house.”

Junmyeon managed to give an awkward smile in return before closing his eyes. He waited for the hat to be placed upon his head, and when it did, it hummed.

“Hm? Hufflepuff!”

Junmyeon snapped his eyes open. Professor Leeteuk had already taken the hat back and the boy stared at it in disbelief. “What...?”

“Well, who would’ve guessed I would get a pretty boy like you,” Leeteuk broke into a wide grin and patted his head. “You’re in my house, Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon blinked. “I—“

“Go join your other house members on the table. The feast would start shortly afterwards.”

Junmyeon reluctantly did as told. A lot of things ran through his mind. How should he tell his parents? What would they think about it? How would they react? He passed by another Professor who then flicked her wand and within seconds, his robe changed its own color into yellow and black.

It wasn’t red with a lion. It wasn’t green with a serpent. It wasn’t even blue with an eagle.

It was yellow with a badger.

The color he was going to live with for the next seven years.

Junmyeon looked down to his robe and he felt like crying.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon would have never guessed it, but his parents took the news well.

They encouraged him to study hard. He felt grateful for it because afterall, like Leeteuk had said, it was just a house. Junmyeon didn’t want to let his parents down, so he studied as hard as he could. He wasn’t the smartest one in the class, but his grades weren’t bad, either. He also liked to read. The male spent most of his times in the library, reading and studying. Junmyeon was good enough in Potions and Herbology and Charms subjects, but when it came to flying lesson.

But he didn’t mind. It wasn’t like he was born to be a Quidditch player.

His first year went by in a blink of an eye.

Junmyeon didn’t socialize much, but he managed to establish a friendship with a boy named Jongdae on his second year. They weren’t in the same house—Jongdae was a Ravenclaw—but they took Astronomy together. Madam Victoria paired them up for an assignment once and ever since then, their friendship had started. Junmyeon was waiting for Jongdae at the north tower that night. It had been a while since their last stargazing and they promised to meet after dinner.

The male glanced at his father’s pocket watch and frowned.

Jongdae is very late tonight.

Is he busy...?

Did he fall asleep?

At times like these, Junmyeon wished they would be able to use those amazing devices Muggles used, that allowed them to do voice calls and send electronic texts to others. Because it would be very much efficient instead of using owls. Owls were supposed to be a great support for sending items and letters, but when Junmyeon tried sending Joonma, his owl to send a long letter to Jongin—his younger brother—telling him about life at Hogwarts, the poor animal got lost for a few days. It magically came back with scratches all over its fur and Junmyeon made a mental note to just use the post owl next time.

He waited for another half an hour before deciding that he would just go back to the dorm. It was getting late and maybe Jongdae did have something to do. The wind was getting stronger and he felt himself shivering.

Junmyeon tightened the strap of his robe and headed toward the door—

—when he heard an awfully loud thud on the balcony’s floor.

The male snapped his head to the source of the voice with wide eyes and froze when he saw a medium sized black dragon flapped its wings weakly and it let out a growl. When Junmyeon squinted his eyes to get a good look, it turned out that its left wing was bleeding and it was probably why the dragon had fallen. Junmyeon took a step back in fear and realized he should scream or something because—

Dammit, a dragon! Why is there a dragon flying around in school?

Junmyeon should run away and call for someone.

He should.

But he couldn’t.

The dragon looked so much in pain as it hissed. Bracing his self, Junmyeon fearfully stepped closer and tried to extend his hand to touch the bleeding wing. He wasn’t sure what it would do by touching the creature, afterall he was still on his second year so he hadn’t took the Care of Magical Creature class. What if it snapped and he lost his arm? However, his heart clenched at the sound the dragon was making and he wanted to help.

“Ssh,” Junmyeon whispered. “It’s—it’s alright. I’m not—I’m not gonna hurt you.”

The dragon flinched slightly when Junmyeon finally pressed a hand on the spot above its bleeding wing and closed its eyes. Feeling relieved that the dragon didn’t fight back, Junmyeon then placed a hand on its forehead, caressing it calmly. The dragon immediately gave into his touch and let out a low growl.

It confused him a bit because the dragon wasn’t that big, in fact, it was probably just two, three sizes bigger than him. Junmyeon accidentally moved his hand down to the wound and the creature hissed. “I’m sorry! I’ll fix it right away!” He cried and hastily took a wand from under his robe. “You can do this, Junmyeon. You’ve read the book. You can heal it. You can do this. You can—“

The black dragon roared vehemently and Junmyeon held his breath as he flicked his wand.

It happened like a magic.

Funny, because he did perform a magic, but as the dragon’s wound sparkled and his spell made its way to recover, Junmyeon was captivated. It was his first time healing someone—something, in this matter. Within minutes, its wing was as good as new.

Junmyeon smiled proudly to himself. “Now you can fly back to wherever you come from—“

He didn’t able to finish his sentence because the dragon transformed into human as he spoke. He had a short, black hair with a slender, tall body. And he was handsome. Junmyeon found himself staring dumbly at the person before him. The handsome male groaned slightly as he clutched his torn black and green robe.

Green robe.

“Oh—“ Junmyeon’s eyes widened in shock. “You’re a Slyth—“

He tried to crawl away as soon as possible but he didn’t manage to, because the Slytherin guy had caught his tiny wrist. Junmyeon cried weakly in fear as he still struggled to release himself from the iron grip.

“Please, let me go—“

Junmyeon immediately fell silent when the dragon slash handsome male pressed his lips against Junmyeon’s palm. He froze on his track at the unexpected gesture and he turned pale. Did he just...? Junmyeon’s heart almost came to a stop when the handsome male lifted up his face to stare at him.

“What’s your name?”

“I—“

“What’s. Your. Name?”

The male repeated with a stern, deep (and scary) voice and Junmyeon had a feeling something bad would happen if he didn’t answer. So he swallowed thickly before stuttering an answer.

“K—Kim Junmyeon...”

The male broke into a smirk before yanking Junmyeon closer.

Junmyeon got his first kiss when he was fourteen.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Wu Yifan was definitely the most handsome (slash dragon? Junmyeon inwardly wept because he didn’t seem to be able to stop mentioning it) man Junmyeon had ever seen.

Yifan (who turned out to be half Canadian, half Chinese but living in Korea since his father got promoted to the country) was a year older than him and for someone his age, a quite (but very, to Junmyeon) talented Animagus to be. The taller of the two kept on talking (or rambling) that his transfiguration still and that he needed to practice more. He incidentally flew over a tree and his wing was scraped by the branch and the next thing he knew, he had already fallen onto the balcony. It amazed Junmyeon because for someone his age, his transformation into a dragon could be categorized as perfect.

But of course, those who were chosen into the Slytherin were all gifted and talented.

Yifan looked terribly nonchalant after the kiss that it got Junmyeon to wonder if he was sober when it happened. He probably went some sort of...jet lag...from flying?

It was when they reached the end of the stairs that Junmyeon realized Yifan was still holding his hand and he immediately yanked it away without thinking. What if—what if someone sees us? Junmyeon frantically looked around but due to almost bed time, everyone was probably back in the common room.

Because Slytherins were the elite.

And they usually wouldn’t talk to the other houses except for Gryffindor.

Yifan’s expression changed when Junmyeon let go of their intertwining fingers, but the latter didn’t notice it because he was too busy scanning the hall. When Junmyeon finally fixed his eyes back on him again, Yifan grimly pressed his lips into a thin line.

He’s beautiful, Yifan thought. He’s very beautiful.

“I—I should go,” Junmyeon whispered nervously.

Whoever said that Slytherins and Gryffindors were a beautiful match was a big fat liar.

 “I’m going this way,” Junmyeon slowly said because Yifan wasn’t reacting and he pointed to the opposite direction of them. “Your dorm’s that way...right?”

Because apparently, the most beautiful person is in the other house.

Yifan still said nothing in return and when a few minutes had passed, Junmyeon almost couldn’t stand the silence anymore. He was about to say something—preferably goodnight—when he heard faint giggling at the end of the hall and gasped in fear. Junmyeon hastily walked past by the tall male and their arms bumped slightly, but he didn’t look back.

He did it right on time because it turned out they were also Slytherins and Junmyeon lowered his head so that he wouldn’t have to look at them. The male quickened his steps and breathed in relief as he reached the Hufflepuff portrait. Unlike any other house, the Hufflepuff students needed to tap the barrell two from the bottom in the middle of the second row, with the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff. Junmyeon did so before saying the password.

“Wolf.”

The lady in the portrait gave him a smile and a nod before opening the door.

Junmyeon hesitantly looked over his shoulder, even though he knew he couldn’t see Yifan anymore.

He sighed softly before clambering into the common room.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae apologized to Junmyeon the next morning over breakfast because he fell asleep last night.

The Ravenclaw male thought of sending his owl—Chen Chen—into his bedroom to explain when he jerked awake a few hours later, but the second year’s dorm usually consisted of four or five persons per room and what if Chen Chen made a ruckus and everyone woke up?

Junmyeon smiled in amusement and told him it was alright.

Besides, it got him to meet someone new...

Every second year student had to choose two additional subjects at the end of the year.

Junmyeon was still unsure of what to choose. He was never fond of numbers and charts so Arithmancy was not going to be an option. Junmyeon would probably fall asleep the moment he read ancient transcripts and stuffs, so Study of Ancient Runes wasn’t an option either. And Divination...no, definitely not. The only choices left were Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies.

Maybe he should take the first one.

Maybe they would study dragon...

Junmyeon blushed at his own thought and shook his head roughly. What the hell am I thinking? He hung his head in shame and facepalmed. It’s not like we’re gonna meet again... He’s a Slyth and I’m a Puff...

Leeteuk had gathered all of the second year of Hufflepuff in an empty classroom. He had asked them to fill the form and returned it to him when they were done. After that, the head of the Hufflepuff house excused himself and informed them he would be back soon.

Junmyeon was pondering to himself of what to choose when one of his classmates asked with a loud voice.

“Hey, whose owl is this?”

He didn’t even have the time to look up. The gray owl flew around aimlessly before landing on Junmyeon’s table with a thud. The male straightened up in his seat and covered the form with his hands instinctively.

“Wow. Isn’t that breed of owl really expensive? Is it yours, Junmyeon-ah?”

“N—no,” Junmyeon replied in confusion. He didn’t know whose owl it was. The flying creature kept on staring at him until Junmyeon noticed the piece of paper that was taped on one of its feet. He carefully took it and the owl huffed. The written words were awfully small—and long, but they were readable.

Take the Magical Creatures subject. You’ll have a lot of fun. Oh, and Arithmancy? My friend Luhan will be able to teach you if you’d like. But if you’re not interested, just take that Muggle thing. It’s fun.

A smile tugged on Junmyeon’s lips as he shifted his stare back at the owl. “You’re...his,” he whispered softly and caressed a finger on the owl’s furry neck. Junmyeon couldn’t help but feeling somewhat happy with the sudden letter. He gazed back at the scrawny writings and noticed the footnote at the end of the paper.

Oh, and Koala will not leave until you say yes.

Junmyeon blinked. “Koala...?” He whispered and the owl squeaked. Junmyeon’s jaw dropped. Who the hell would name their owl Koala??? Either Yifan was being very creative or he just ran out of ideas.

Nonetheless, his smile widened as he read further.

I know it’s a lame name. Anyway, just say yes and then it will fly back to me.

Yes for what...? Junmyeon frowned to himself.

Yes, you will date me.

The male choked on the last sentence at the end of the paper and he wasn’t able to do much about it because Leeteuk had walked back into the room. He deadpanned when Leeteuk stared straight at him and the owl on the table.

“Junmyeon, shoo your owl away.”

“I—I will, sonsaengnim,” Junmyeon panickly folded the paper gave Koala a dumb stare. “Please...go? Fly? Fly away?”

Koala didn’t even budge.

“Junmyeon,” Leeteuk said in a warning tone.

“Y—yes,” Junmyeon squeaked and the owl flinched. He froze and watched it unblinkingly. “Oh God.”

“Junmyeon—“

“Yes!!” Junmyeon cried as he hastily jotted down something on the paper and taped it on Koala’s feet. “Yes!!”

Koala flew away in victory out the window, back to its master.

Junmyeon’s face turned several shades of red as he realized what he had just done and blanched in fear.

He had agreed to date a Slytherin.

Yifan grinned contentedly to himself when Koala landed on his shoulder. “Well, thank God you’re back, or else I’m gonna have to find another owl. Might name him Ben Ben though. Hm?” He peeled the piece of paper on Koala’s tiny foot and read the hastily written handwriting.

IT’s a yES oNLy ifwemkeitscret.

Yifan snorted.

He crushed the paper and tossed it away.

“Come on, Koala, let’s get you back.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon wasn’t sure if they were really seeing each other, but Koala’s frequent appearance showed that it was real.

They often chatted through their owls because it really wasn’t the best time to meet, considering the exams were held in the following week. Yifan asked him once about why they should keep their relationship a secret and Junmyeon didn’t know if the Chinese male was just dense or was oblivious to the fact that he was a Hufflepuff.

Junmyeon saw Yifan a lot at the other side of the library with his friends whenever he was studying, but he pretended that he didn’t see the tall male. Sometimes their eyes would accidentally meet when they had dinner in the Great Hall and Junmyeon would always, always be the first one to look away. He failed to see the disappointment chiseled on his boyfriend’s face.

On the last day of the exam (and everyone went ecstatic over the fact), Junmyeon spotted Koala on his table with the usual piece of paper.

North tower, tonight.

Junmyeon arrived at the said place earlier that night. There were a few other students using the telescopes and they were laughing obnoxiously loud. All of them had already changed into casual clothes so he didn’t know which houses they were in. The clouds were covering the sky so the stars couldn’t be seen clearly tonight. After waiting for a few moments, the other students decided to call it a day and left said place.

Junmyeon looked around in confusion.

Yifan hadn’t arrived yet.

As if his thought was transparant, the sky was filled with a loud sound of a pair of flapping wings and the next thing he knew, a medium sized black dragon was landing in front of him. Junmyeon stumbled a giant step backward and he couldn’t even let out a voice since it was too sudden.

“Transform,” Junmyeon half demanded. “Yifan, please—“

Yifan obeyed his wish and before Junmyeon was able to register what was happening, he had already pulled the latter into his arms.

“Ah,” Yifan sighed softly against Junmyeon’s hair. “Finally.”

“Finally...?”

“Finally, I get to meet you again.”

Junmyeon felt his whole body stiffened at the touch. It wasn’t because he hated it, simply because it was new. It was his first time to be held in such... Such... And the way Yifan hugged him was... Is... Junmyeon couldn’t find the right word to describe his feelings at the moment. But when Yifan lifted up his chin to softly press their lips together and Junmyeon’s heart stuttering badly, he knew he didn’t need any word to describe what he felt.

“Are you going home for this holiday?”

“Y—yes,” Junmyeon answered. “My brother will enroll here too next year...so I should go home and help him pack.”

“You have a brother?” Yifan carefully pulled away and stared at the shorter male in his arms. Junmyeon nodded in confusion. “That is great. I would love to know him.”

“Oh,” Junmyeon replied hesitantly. “That...depends on which house he’s in. But, but sure...”

Yifan frowned. “What is with you and your house obsession?”

Junmyeon sighed and tried to step back, but Yifan held his arms sternly. “You know why, Yifan...”

“And why can’t we show that we’re dating? Don’t you like me? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?”

“The problem lies with me, Yifan, not you—“

“Why is it a problem?”

“Because you’re a Slytherin and I’m a Hufflepuff,” Junmyeon cried helplessly. “And—and you’re not even supposed to talk to me, Yifan. Slytherins are elite and high class and the only house that can balance them is Gryffindor and I’m not—I’m not—“

Junmyeon couldn’t finish his sentence.

“We can change that,” Yifan said firmly and Junmyeon blanched.

“No,” he whispered. “No, we can’t.”

“We can—“

“If you want to be with me, then you have to hear what I say!”

Junmyeon cried and this time, his tone was high. Yifan narrowed his eyes in dislike and he looked away. It didn’t look like the Chinese male agreed to his words whole heartedly, but there was nothing he could do. He wanted to be with Junmyeon.

“Fine,” Yifan replied through his clenched teeth. “Secret it is, then. But that doesn’t mean you can do everything as you like. You have to tell me everything. And I mean it. Everything.” He exhaled loudly through his nose and laid his head on Junmyeon’s shoulder. “It would be like having a long distance relationship, but I’m willing to try.”

Junmyeon found himself turning his head to kiss Yifan’s hair. “I’m sorry,” he whispered earnestly. “I’m sorry, Yifan...”

The taller of the two shifted his head from Junmyeon’s shoulder to the top of the latter’s head and they stayed like that for a while.

“It’s getting late,” Junmyeon murmured. “We should go back...”

“Ah, then you go on first.”

Junmyeon blinked. “Eh? Wh—why?”

Yifan stretched his arms and stole a glance down the balcony. “Because Yixing is down there somewhere and I didn’t tell him I would meet you. Now that I think about it, dammit, what if he gets lost?”

“Who’s—who’s Yixing?”

“A friend.”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened at the short replies Yifan had been giving him but commented nothing in return. He realized what Yifan was about to do the minute the Chinese male climbed to onto the barrier. “Yifan, wait! Are you going to transform again?”

Yifan gave him a blank stare. “Yeah.”

“What—what if the teachers catch you?”

“They won’t,” Yifan shook his head. “At least, not me. But Yixing is a unicorn. He can’t fly.”

With that, the Chinese male threw himself out of the window and transformed quickly into a dragon before disappearing in the darkness of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Their relationship stayed that way for the next two years.

No one knew.

Not even Jongin, his brother.

It surprised Junmyeon to no end when the Sorting Hat screamed shrilly that his younger brother belonged to the Slytherin. Just like Umma. Even when they were much younger, Jongin was the easier type to blend with the crowd and he had a natural talent for sport. So when his brother was made as a Seeker in his first year, Junmyeon wasn’t surprised.

As if it wasn’t enough, Jongin then dated a cute, third year Gryffindor named Kyungsoo on his second year. Just like their parents. Junmyeon felt a bit jealous most of the time because his brother and Kyungsoo were able to interact freely, unlike him and Yifan.

Yifan.

Speaking of Yifan, it turned out that his boyfriend was a Beater in Slytherin’s Quidditch Club. He always invited Junmyeon to come watch his practice or match, but the latter always turned it down. Wouldn’t it be weird to see a Hufflepuff watching? They might think of him as some kind of a spy...

Jongin always tried to talk to him during his free times. Junmyeon realized that even though they were in different house, they were related by blood and they could still talk. However, he began to avoid his own brother when Luhan, one of Yifan’s friends, spotted him and Jongin talking in the hall. Luhan didn’t even bother to hide his frown.

“Jongin, what are you doing? He’s a Puff.”

Junmyeon’s face was immediately drained at the remark. Even though he told Yifan that all the time, but it just hurt to hear it from someone else’s mouth.

Jongin seemed upset and he snapped his head to the Luhan. “Hey, he’s my sibling! Even though you’re basically my brother, too, but I won’t forgive you for badmouthing my brother—“

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Which one? He ran away.”

“What—“

Jongin quickly searched for his brother’s presence, but Junmyeon had already disappeared from his peripheral vision.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

On his fifth year, Junmyeon was chosen to be the Hufflepuff Prefect.

Which was probably a good thing because his parents seemed so damn proud (“I was a Prefect, too!” His father happily exclaimed and Junmyeon smiled wryly at that).

Junmyeon did his best to be happy, but he couldn’t. Becoming a Prefect only burdened him more and even though he had the right (and chance) to talk to the Slytherins, he didn’t. All of his courage vanished instantly whenever he saw those elite students dressed with their green robes.

But without him realizing, Junmyeon had grown into a beautiful, beautiful person.

He spent most of his times worrying about his relationship with Yifan and how bad it would affect the Chinese male that he didn’t realize that a lot of people were starting to look his way. Almost every student from Gryffindor to Slytherin turned their heads whenever Junmyeon passed by, amazed by his beauty. Even Yixing, who was also chosen to be the Prefect of Slytherin that year, came back to the common room one day with a dreamy expression plastered on his face, mumbling ‘Hufflepuff’s Prefect is so adorable’ and it got Yifan to cough uncontrollably (and Luhan to narrow his eyes disapprovingly).

Even though Junmyeon didn’t seem to be bothered by it, it was another story with Yifan.

The tall male was desperate to let people know that he was in a relationship with Junmyeon. It irritated him to no end that Junmyeon only seemed to avoid the Slytherins (because he had seen a lot of interaction between him and that Gryffindor Prefect, Chanyeol). He hated those not-so-innocent touches on his boyfriend’s shoulders and their flirting stares on him.

One day, when Yifan was practicing Quidditch with Jongin and the others, Junmyeon dropped by. His expression brightened when he saw his boyfriend, but then it dissipated as soon as it came. The corner of Junmyeon’s lips twitched a bit, as a sign that he almost broke into a smile, but then he hastily covered it with a hand.

“Jongin-ah.”

Jongin.

Of course.

He was stupid to think that Junmyeon came for him.

Jongin lowered his broomstick and dove to his brother, leaving the other member stunned a bit. Yifan noticed Luhan pressing his lips into a thin line, obviously he wasn’t happy with the fact that Jongin was talking to students of other house than Slytherin and Gryffindor.

“What is he doing here?” The pretty male asked, but it was more of an annoyance statement than a question.

“Leave him alone, Luhan,” Yifan mumbled. “He’s his brother.”

Luhan clicked his tongue and the pretty male flew higher with his broomstick to the middle of the field.

Yifan observed the voiceless conversation between Jongin and Junmyeon from afar. The handsome male floated in the air with his broomstick, patiently waiting for them to be done. He just wanted to savor the moment to be able to watch Junmyeon more. And maybe hoping, that Junmyeon would send a second or two of meaningful glance his way.

Everything was going alright.

Until Chanyeol came along.

Yifan saw the Gryffindor members were starting to gather on the ground. They were going to use the field after the Slytherins were done. Unconsciously, his grip tightened on his broomstick when he saw Chanyeol approaching the siblings with a warm smile.

Something akin to jealousy bubbled in Yifan and he felt his emotions boiled up.

Don’t smile to him. Don’t talk to him. Don’t—

But of course Junmyeon did. His boyfriend gave Chanyeol a kind smile and a kind reply and a kind laugh and a kind—

.

Without thinking, Yifan dove down to the ground with impossible speed.

It all happened too fast that none of them was able to see what actually happened.

Yifan had jumped from his Firebolt and aimed straight for Junmyeon. Both of them fell onto the soft grass field with Yifan’s hands covered the back of Junmyeon’s head protectively so it wouldn’t hit the ground.

“Hyung!” Jongin screamed in horror.

Junmyeon shut his eyes and instinctively grabbed the robe of the person who had attacked him. He moaned when his back was slammed against the grass field, but his head was protected. Junmyeon winced. “A—aw...”

“Are you alright...?”

Junmyeon cracked his eyes open because he recognized the voice. “Yifan...?”

“Are you guys alright?” Jongin asked worriedly as he knelt beside them. Yifan quickly detached himself off of Junmyeon and was only able to stare at Jongin as he pulled his brother into a hug. “What the hell was that for, hyung?”

After making sure that Junmyeon wasn’t hurt, Yifan slowly pulled himself off of the ground. Junmyeon was still shaking as Jongin helped him got up and confusion was all over his face, clearly he also had no idea why Yifan had done such thing. He wanted to open his mouth and ask him what was wrong, but the rest of the Slytherin’s players already flew closer toward their direction and Junmyeon felt a bit scared. He was the only one with the yellow robe.

“What the hell did you do, man?” Chanyeol frowned deeply at Yifan. “You could’ve hurt him.”

Yifan glowered to Chanyeol’s direction and indignantly threw him a golden Snitch. “This was near him.”

Don’t go near my boyfriend.

The latter caught it easily in confusion and his frown deepened.

“You’re not even a Seeker,” was his only reply.

“Hyung!”

Jongin’s voice snapped Yifan out of his anger and when Yifan turned around, Junmyeon had already ran away from the field, away from everyone.

Away from Yifan.

Yifan was too caught up in staring Junmyeon that he didn’t notice the curious glance Jongin sent him.

Are you that scared to admit that we’re dating...?

Is it better to talk to this...this Ddookddagi than to me, your own boyfriend...?

For the first time in his life, Yifan wished he was a Gryffindor instead.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon had been silently crying on his bed and pretended that he was asleep to his roommates.

He felt bad for running away earlier, but who knew what would happen if he hadn’t done so? Jongin and Yifan and Chanyeol were alright, but what about the others? What if...what if that pretty male, Luhan, started saying bad things about it and he couldn’t hold his tears?

His feelings were mixed up.

Junmyeon cried himself off to sleep and he woke up right before dinner time. Koala showed up after that with a note.

From the scrawny writing, Junmyeon could tell that his boyfriend was upset. Instead of the usual north tower, Yifan had asked them to meet in the deserted corridor instead. Junmyeon had heard a few things about the place. It was haunted (but every place in Hogwarts was, he absently thought) and only the sixth and seventh years knew about the place.

Junmyeon carefully looked around before proceeding more to reach the end of the deserted corridor. It was a dead end.

“Yifan?”

The minute he called his boyfriend’s name, a wooden door magically appeared out of nowhere. Junmyeon stared blankly at it before clearing his throat to call Yifan’s name once again.

“Yifan...?”

The door made a click sound and Junmyeon frowned. He felt unsure. Should he...? Shrugging, Junmyeon carefully pushed the door open and stepped inside. When he had entered the place that somewhat looked like a bedroom, the door behind him closed and it locked itself. Junmyeon went momentarily panicked as he turned around.

“Yifan??”

“I’m here.”

Junmyeon breathed in relief when Yifan came into view. “I thought you...” The male didn’t finish his the rest of his sentence and tilted his head to a side as he scanned the small bedroom. The room was definitely different compared to their dormitory’s bedroom. It was adorned specifically like a Muggle’s room. “What is...this place?”

“My room of requirement.”

“Your room of...” Junmyeon trailed off. “Why do you need...one?”

Yifan groaned in dismay.

“Do you really need to ask that? You’re the one who hate public display of affection, right?”

Wordlessly, he pulled Junmyeon closer and pushed him gently onto the bed. The male sprawled beneath him and Yifan took advantage of trapping Junmyeon’s wrists so he wouldn’t be able to run.

“Yi—“

Junmyeon’s cheeks turned crimson when Yifan leaned down to claim his lips. The way Yifan kissed him was painfully slow, like he was savoring each and every moment everytime their lips met. Junmyeon willingly kissed back. One of Yifan’s hands that was used to trap his wrist earlier moved to touch his cheek, down to his jaw, down to his neck, down to his collarbone and slipped underneath his shirt.

“Yifan—“

Junmyeon’s shy moan of his name almost drove Yifan insane. Slowly, their pace quickened. The more Junmyeon let out a moan, the more Yifan became. Even so, the Chinese male patiently explored every inch of Junmyeon’s body, like it was an unresolved map.

Beautiful, Yifan thought as he trailed his kisses downward. Amazingly beautiful.

Clothes were soon discarded from each other’s bodies.

When Yifan’s hands were on Junmyeon’s pants and his fingers were hooked dangerously low on the waistband, Junmyeon closed his eyes and hummed when he felt Yifan’s wet lips were pressed softly against his adam’s apple.

“May I...”

Junmyeon choked a sob at that and shyly nodded, granting his boyfriend’s request.

Yifan kissed his lips sweetly before pulling the underwear down until the ankles, until it was thrown away somewhere, leaving Junmyeon completely .

Junmyeon let Yifan took control of him. He let Yifan stared at his clotheless figure. He let Yifan roamed his hands on his body, gasping silently on the sensitive spots Yifan found, that he never knew he would have. Junmyeon let Yifan took his ity and into him. Junmyeon let Yifan guided him into various positions, but the male never let go of his hands, not even once. Junmyeon let Yifan held him close, so close that their lips touched most of the times.

But most of all, Junmyeon let Yifan took his heart.

He let the Chinese male captured his heart and held it captive. His feelings were so deep for Yifan that he didn’t know what he felt anymore.

Yifan was willing to wait for him all these years and what did Junmyeon do in return?

He did nothing.

Junmyeon cried weakly when Yifan ed repeatedly inside him and the latter knew he had found the sweet spot. Yifan went for the same spot over and over until Junmyeon shuddered underneath him from the release, breath hitching and eyes crinkling in pleasure. A moment later, Yifan also came and his grip tightened on Junmyeon’s wrists, as if he was afraid the male would let go.

Breathless, Yifan crawled in for Junmyeon’s lips, again. He was unsure if he could ever kiss anyone else after kissing Junmyeon like this. The beautiful male tasted sweet and loyal and he didn’t ever want to lose that.

If only Junmyeon realized how precious he was to Yifan. Aside from the facts that he was simply just Kim Junmyeon, it was probably because he was a Hufflepuff. And everything about Junmyeon that Yifan loved simply lied in a Hufflepuff, things that Slytherins or Gryffindors would have. Things like...

Hard work, patience, justice and loyalty.

“I love you,” Yifan whispered between their kisses. “I love you. And you’re mine, Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon held his breath automatically and he visibly tensed. Yifan noticed this, of course, but the Chinese male pretended that he didn’t realize anything and kept on kissing the younger male.

Besides, it was merely a statement.

Junmyeon pulled Yifan closer as the latter kept on whispering that he loved him. He wanted to say something, he did, but he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. So Junmyeon only held Yifan even closer in return, hoping that his boyfriend would know what he felt.

A tear fell onto Junmyeon’s cheek and it wasn’t a happy one.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon rested his chin on the heel of his palm as he gazed outside the window.

He came to the library to study, because in a few weeks he would face the OWL exam—the exam every fifth year student should take—and he wished to pass at least with an E, exceeds expectations instead of A, acceptable. Yifan would also face his Apparition exam soon, but with his ability, Junmyeon doubted he would fail.

Yifan.

Junmyeon sighed softly.

The Chinese male had a lot of talents.

Yifan told him that he had talked it over with Jaejoong—the head of Slytherin house—about his future. Even if he was still in his sixth year, there was already a lot of offer for him to join Quidditch teams—and most of them were famous clubs. Yifan once said that he wanted to be a licensed Animagus and Apparitor and preferably played Quidditch until he was old enough to retire and earned enough money from coaching a club.

Junmyeon smiled because he believed Yifan would do just fine. Because everyone who graduated from the Slytherin would be easy to get a job.

While he...he had no idea what he wanted to become.

If people find out... Junmyeon grimly thought. Will his future...

God, he didn’t even want to finish the sentence.

Junmyeon had never felt so low before.

“Hey.”

Junmyeon abruptly looked up and detached his chin from his palm—only to find that it was Jongdae and Jinki. Both of them were from Ravenclaw. Junmyeon awkwardly smiled at them and the two men settled on the empty chairs across him.

“Studying?” Jongdae asked.

“Planning to,” Junmyeon mumbled sheepishly because it was a lie. His books were all closed.

“I’m gonna meet Sunyoung in a few minutes, so...” Jinki flashed them his toothy smile.

“Sunyoung...from Gryffindor?”

“Yeah.”

Junmyeon couldn’t help but feeling a bit envious at that. “So...dating with the students of other houses are...fine for you guys?”

Both Jinki and Jongdae exchanged a blank look. Jongdae lowered his gaze to the eagle symbol on Jinki’s robe and stayed quiet. Jinki pondered Junmyeon’s question for a second before humming thoughtfully.

“Hm...depends on the house...I think?”

“Oh,” Junmyeon was quite surprised at how steady his voice was. Even the Ravenclaws think so...? “I...I see.”

“Gryffindor’s fine,” Jinki shrugged. “Don’t get me wrong, Hufflepuff’s too.”

Jongdae shifted his glance outside the window.

“But not those serpents,” Jinki growled and Junmyeon almost flinched. “Arrogant pricks, if you ask me. Their perfect match is the students from Gryffindor? Ugh. It makes me want to puke. That Slytherin Chaser, I think his name is Luhan? He basically throws tanthrum to everyone that isn’t a Slyth or a Gryff. I mean, come on. So what if we Purebloods end up in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? That is ridiculous.”

Jongdae still said nothing.

“Although,” Jinki continued. “It seemed like he has nothing against Ravenclaw. That Slytherin Prefect once talked to you and he did nothing, right, Jongdae-yah?”

“Stop,” Jongdae shook his head with a warning look. “He meant nothing by that, Junmyeon-ah.”

Jinki realized that he had probably said something wrong and muttered a soft apology, although it wasn’t particularly directed to someone.

Junmyeon rubbed his hands nervously on his lap. His expression must have showed it clearly that he was saddened by Jinki’s words. It was Jongdae who decided to ask.

“Are you...interested with someone in the Slytherin...?”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened in disbelief. “I—I didn’t say that—“

“Of course you didn’t,” Jongdae added hastily. “I mean...it’s just... Well, you know, I think it all started less than ten years ago...? Your head of house, Leeteuk-sonsaengnim, was involved with Choi Siwon...from Slytherin.”

Even Jinki turned to him with great interest. “The famous Choi Siwon of the Ministry?”

Jongdae nodded. “Rumor has it that Siwon became successful after he broke up with Leeteuk. I think, ever since then, it has become a somewhat bad omen for the Slytherins to date...”

“That is stupid,” Jinki interrupted.

“Yeah.”

But for Junmyeon, it wasn’t. The male turned pale at the statement and his trembling fingers reached his lips. What if...what if it’s true?

All of his courage that he had been gathering vanished instantly.

Maybe it is a curse.

Junmyeon would never forgive himself if Yifan’s future became blurred because of him.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Slowly, but surely, Junmyeon reduced the amount of their meetings.

Koala had been showing up lately and the gray owl literally glared at him. The poor creature probably wondered why the hell his master sent him back and forth a lot to Junmyeon. Yifan asked him once if he had the time to meet and Junmyeon immediately said that maybe it was better for them to not meet until the exams were over, that they needed to study. Yifan never asked the specific question again and told him to take care.

But even though it had been days since he last met Yifan, the Chinese male was still able to occupy his mind that he wasn’t even able to study. If not seeing Yifan made him miserable, the notes that had been taped on Koala’s foot were making him even more miserable.

Because Yifan was asking him to try.

You don’t have to kiss me in front of people, Junmyeon-ah.

Just...start with little things.

Like, try to smile to me when we pass by.

Junmyeon exhaled loudly to himself and facepalmed. He peeked through his fingers and found Koala glaring at him. It was a funny feeling, because owls probably didn’t glare, but this one did. Junmyeon his lips before sighing in resignation.

“I’ll try,” he told Koala. The bird didn’t even budge. Junmyeon smiled in amusement. “Did Yifan really teach you to react to a yes? How about a no?”

Koala flapped his small sized wings in anger.

“Uh...alright,” Junmyeon blinked. “Tell Yifan, that yes, I will try.”

As if it understood, Koala nodded slightly and it seemed smug by his answer. The bird gave him one last look before flying away to the window. Junmyeon lazily plopped his arms on the desk, trying to calm himself that with their tight schedules, they probably wouldn’t run to each other that soon.

Junmyeon was wrong.

When Junmyeon stepped out of his Potions class, Yifan was there. It looked like the Slytherin male had been practicing Quidditch because he had Firebolt in his hand. Junmyeon felt his heartbeat increased erratically upon seeing the handsome male and he slammed his gaze down hard on the ground. His feet suddenly became heavy and he wished there was still a chance for him to turn around.

Junmyeon was about to turn around when someone bumped onto his back and he almost stumbled forward.

“Ah, I’m so sorry, Junmyeon-oppa!”

The girl apologized with an unintentionally high voice that was surely heard throughout the corridor. Junmyeon mentally wanted to kick the girl but he could only nod and told her that it was alright.

And of course, there was no way he could avoid Yifan now.

Yifan had sent him a stare.

Junmyeon told himself to calm down before stepping forward. It’s going to be fine.

In a few steps, they would meet. In a few steps, he would try to look up and did his best to smile. In a few steps...in a few steps...

Yifan seemed pleased with the fact that his boyfriend was willing to try—

“Oi, Yifan!”

The rest of the Slytherin Quidditch team appeared behind him and Junmyeon’s smile faltered. It vanished and his heart was still beating fast, but now it was filled with fear. Junmyeon clutched his books tighter onto his chest as he stared straight forward ahead, not giving a damn that Jongin was actually pausing to greet him.

“Hyung!” Jongin desperately called him out.

Junmyeon didn’t look back.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t know how he did it, but he miraculously survived all of the exams.

He didn’t get to communicate with Yifan for the whole week, but it was better that way. Junmyeon wouldn’t know what to say if Yifan confronted him about the possibilities to try—again. The rest of his classmates cheered when the last exam ended and they quickly made plans of visiting Hogsmeade in the weekend. But really, a good rest was all Junmyeon needed at the moment.

Junmyeon was at the Prefect’s bathroom when Chanyeol walked in.

He had just finished washing his face by the sink and smiled tiredly at Chanyeol from the mirror.

“Hey,” Chanyeol smiled back. “How was your exams?”

“Good,” Junmyeon murmured. He stared at his reflection on the mirror and went horror at how ugly he looked. There were obvious bags under his eyes and he looked even thinner than last week. Junmyeon ran a hand through his hair and his hand stayed.

“Butterbeer for your thoughts?”

Junmyeon blinked and turned to Chanyeol. “Sorry, I’m just...spacing out.”

Chanyeol chuckled lightly. “Well, the Butterbeer’s offer is real, though. Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend? You can bring a friend...”

Junmyeon stiffened on his track. He waited for Chanyeol to stuck a tongue out or laugh, but the tall male didn’t seem to be joking.

Yixing was about to walk into the bathroom but fortunately, he managed to halt himself from doing so when Chanyeol’s voice echoed. He halted right on time and peeked inside cautiously. The atmosphere between Junmyeon and Chanyeol was a bit off and Yixing hesitated.

Chanyeol’s eyes went to the empty spot between Junmyeon’s nose and lips. “Hey, you still have something there...,” he trailed off and motioned Junmyeon to come closer. Chanyeol touched the latter’s chin and before Junmyeon knew it, a pair of soft lips were already pressed onto his.

Yixing’s eyes widened at them and he instinctively turned around to find another bathroom.

Junmyeon gasped in horror and pushed Chanyeol softly. “Chan—Chanyeol—“

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol said, but he didn’t really mean it. “But I’m serious, Junmyeon-ah. Think about it.”

With that, the taller male left the place and Junmyeon broke into a sob.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

It was near lunch time, but Yifan wasn’t hungry.

It wasn’t weekend yet, but the students were given a day off after the exam and they were allowed to have lunch outside Hogwarts for the day. Most of the Slytherin students went for a trip so the common room was empty. Except for him and Yixing.

Yixing had been quiet since last night, but it wasn’t like he talked a lot. The male had a book in his hands and his eyes followed each sentence slowly.

Yifan crossed his arms on his chest and laid his head backward on the couch.

I miss Junmyeon...

“Yifan...?”

“Hm?”

“Do you think...it’s alright for us Slytherins to date the students in other houses than Gryffindor?” Yixing asked, but his eyes were still on the pages of his book.

Yifan went blank momentarily. “That’s absurd,” he replied. “Of course it’s alright.”

“And it’s alright for the Gryffindors to date the other students in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?”

Yifan frowned. He wasn’t sure where the conversation would lead. “Of course.”

“Ah, then it should be alright...” Yixing paused. The male put the book down on his lap and chewed his lower lip absentmindedly. “Well, they were kissing...”

“Who?”

“That Gryffindor’s Beater—and Prefect. Chanyeol, I think...? He kissed that...that adorable Hufflepuff Prefect...and, and Yifan, I—“

Yixing didn’t manage to finish his sentence because Yifan had risen from his seat, causing quite a ruckus for such a simple manner and ran for the entrance. Yixing gaped in shock before throwing his book onto the table and ran after the older male.

“Yifan!!”

Junmyeon was sitting on the Hufflepuff’s seat all by himself when it happened.

He saw his boyfriend running toward the Gryffindor’s table and gasped in fear when Yifan pulled Chanyeol’s collar and gave him a punch. Everyone in the Great Hall gasped and a few girls were screaming when Chanyeol punched back in anger. Junmyeon felt his body trembling and he saw Yixing approaching panickly to the crowd.

“Why is the Gryffindor and Slytherin fighting??”

“What the hell is happening??”

“Yifan,” Junmyeon whispered as he ran closer. He didn’t know what happened between them, but...but did his boyfriend know something about the kiss? Yifan received a kick from Chanyeol and the male groaned in pain before attacking Chanyeol back onto the ground.

“S—stop,” Junmyeon whispered, but it wasn’t loud enough.

“Hey! No fight in the Great Hall!”

Leeteuk had entered the Great Hall and he had taken a wand, ready to make his way through the sea of students.

“S—stop,” Junmyeon said almost desperately with a trembling voice, a bit louder this time. He didn’t want Yifan to fight. He didn’t want his boyfriend to get into trouble.

The students were taking a few steps backward when Leeteuk was prancing closer and he held his wand high as a warning, but Yifan and Chanyeol didn’t care.

“YIFAN, STOP!!!!”

Everyone in the Great Hall fell into a deep silence and even Leeteuk froze on his track. Both Yifan and Chanyeol stopped sending each other a punch.

Yifan turned his head in disbelief toward his boyfriend’s direction—did he hear it right, Junmyeon screaming for him to stop?

All pairs of eyes also turned to Junmyeon. They were taken aback by the fact that the timid Hufflepuff Prefect was able to scream on the top of his lungs.

Junmyeon could only stared dumbly with his cheeks flushed at his boyfriend in return, now that he realized what he had done.

“Did he just...scream?”

Leeteuk was the first one to fracture the odd silence. “Get up,” he said to both men, who wordlessly obeyed—or they were still too amazed by Junmyeon’s voice. “I’m gonna have to hear your reasons first. Meet me in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Now.”

Chanyeol wiped his mouth with the back of his hand—his lips were bleeding slightly. The Gryffindor male was the first one to leave.

“You too, Yifan.”

Yifan only gave Leeteuk a silent nod before walking. Instead of following Chanyeol, his steps were directed straight to Junmyeon. And before Junmyeon even got the chance to register what was happening, Yifan kissed him. The Chinese male heard unbelievable gasps and chokes from around him, but it didn’t stop him to kiss Junmyeon. He was determined to let everyone know that Junmyeon was his and that no one, no one should mess with Wu Yifan’s property.

However, Yifan slowly pulled away when he realized Junmyeon wasn’t kissing him back.

Junmyeon’s lips were trembling.

Yifan’s eyes softened as he Junmyeon’s hair affectionately and followed Chanyeol’s steps to the said classroom.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae was the one who stayed with him after that.

The other students were too worried—or scared, Junmyeon wasn’t sure—that they only gave him a sympathetic smile and left. Junmyeon didn’t really care. Besides, he knew that Jongdae was sincere, despite the fact that they weren’t in the same house. Jongdae also didn’t shower him with endless questions or threw vindictive gazes to him and it was all he needed.

The Ravenclaw male simply stayed because they were friends.

Junmyeon waited patiently in front of Leeteuk’s office. Jongdae never stopped squeezing his shoulder in attempt to make him feel better, and it somehow worked. Junmyeon sent the Ravenclaw Prefect a grateful smile and continued to bask in silence.

When Leeteuk showed up, the Professor sighed in resignation at their presence and gestured them to follow him. They followed the head of the Hufflepuff house into the office room and Leeteuk sighed dramatically as he sat on his seat.

“They’re fighting over you,” Leeteuk shook his head as if it wasn’t new. “Youngsters.”

Junmyeon flinched. Did Yifan admit that they were...?

“Yifan said that you guys are dating,” Leeteuk resumed. “Is it true?”

Jongdae snapped his head so fast to Junmyeon that it almost cracked.

Junmyeon looked unsure for a moment. Should he say yes? Should he reason that it was just a one sided feeling? However, the thought of Yifan got into trouble because of him... Junmyeon nodded bashfully. “We are...”

Leeteuk looked curious. “How long has it been?”

“...three years?”

“And it’s been kept a secret all this time?” Jongdae squeaked.

“What can I do, Jongdae-yah, he’s a Slytherin!” Junmyeon replied in exasperation.

“Y—yes, but three years—“

“Whoa, silence,” Leeteuk held both of his hands. “What is it with the fact that he’s a Slytherin?”

Junmyeon opened his mouth, closed it, glanced at Jongdae and grimaced. “Isn’t a Slytherin meant to be with Gryffindor...? And that a relationship between Hufflepuff and Slytherin will only end in misery because—“

“Who...said that?” Leeteuk asked in astonishment.

“They—“ Jongdae stuttered. He looked uncertain before continuing. “It...it happened to you...right?”

Leeteuk took a dramatic moment to gasp and almost banged his head against the table. “You mean my relationship with Siwon...? Oh boys, do you know it’s very rude to spread rumors without even confirming it? I’m married to Siwon!”

Both Jongdae and Junmyeon froze. “You—you what?”

“Married!” Leeteuk hissed hysterically and buried his head on his arms for a second before straightening up on his seat. His Professor image was probably ruined, but he didn’t care. “Look. Whoever told you that it’s not gonna work between a Puff and a Slyth—bull. Okay? So, Junmyeon-ah, don’t—don’t torture yourself because of some rumors. Are you happy or are you not happy with Yifan?”

“I... I am.”

“So why did you let the fact that you’re a Puff and he’s a Slyth get in your way?” Leeteuk sagged on his seat and dragged a hand down on his face. “Besides, if you really want to know the truth...Jaejoong once dated Yunho, the previous head of Gryffindor’s house. But it didn’t end well. And Heechul, the previous head of Slytherin’s house dated Hangeng, a Ravenclaw, and they’re still happy until this very moment. But the point is,” Leeteuk paused and waved a hand dismissively. “It’s just...a relationship. Whether it will work or not, it depends on both parties, and not the houses.”

Junmyeon felt like receiving a hard slap on his cheek.

Leeteuk was right.

What had he done...?

“If you’ll excuse me,” Leeteuk said and his expression darkened as he placed a hand on his forehead. “I’m getting a headache and you guys are pissing me off. Really, doubting my marriage with Siwon...”

They immediately ran outside before Leeteuk exploded.

Junmyeon brought a hand to his chest. He was scared, so scared of what would happen now that Yifan had admitted that they were dating. He almost couldn’t stop trembling and the male had to lean to the wall to steady himself.

“Three years, wow,” Jongdae muttered. “It never slipped out of your mouth? Not even once?”

A headshake.

“Not even to your brother?”

Another headshake.

“Hyung,” Jongdae desperately grabbed his arms. “I’m—I’m dating Yixing.”

Junmyeon blinked. “That—that Slytherin Prefect? Wh—why the sudden confession?”

“Just letting you know,” Jongdae let go of Junmyeon’s arm and he looked a bit lost.

“And you guys...kept it a secret?”

“I was scared, just like you,” Jongdae said and his eyes were getting distant as he recalled something. “So...what are you going to do now?”

“I...I honestly don’t know. You?”

Jongdae looked determined.

“I guess... I’ll just walk into their common room and kiss him senselessly in front of his friends.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t meet Yifan until the end of the semester.

Koala had stopped coming. When Junmyeon tried to send Joonma to Yifan, his owl refused to fly and before Junmyeon even managed to tape the paper on its feet, it let out a terrified squeak and flew out of the window in a record time. Junmyeon doubted it would ever come back.

An expensive breed of white owl flew into his room a few days later, and Junmyeon frowned curiously. He carefully unrolled the paper to see a familiar scrawny writing and his lips tugged into a small smile.

Koala almost pecked me (in a deadly way) when I told him to fly to you.

So...meet Ben Ben.

Junmyeon chuckled in amusement at the name and the white owl’s furry neck. Really, Yifan might need a help in naming his pet. “Hello, Ben...Ben.”

Ben Ben squeaked and leaned more into his touch. Junmyeon continued reading.

Be my dance at the ball this week?

That is, if you still want to meet me. I know you’re probably angry at the fact that I kissed you in public. If you do, I understand. We’ll act like it...uh, was just an act and keep this relationship a secret. It’s just another year to live, right?

Oh, and Ben Ben won’t fly unless you say I Love You.

Junmyeon choked and stared at the owl. “...fly.”

I told you.

Oh, and I love you more.

Junmyeon feigned a desperate sigh as he clicked his tongue. He leaned closer to the white owl and broke into a fond smile before giggling.

“I love you, Yifan...”

Ben Ben flew back to its master with its fastest speed.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

The ball had started an hour ago, but Junmyeon was nowhere to be found.

The theme to this year’s ball was Muggle, so most of the male students were clad in various colors of tuxedos and the girls were clad in beautiful dresses.

Yixing wasn’t ashamed to hold hands with Jongdae since the first time they stepped into the ballroom. The couple danced with their nose pressing against each other and they exchanged endlessly meaningful glances. Chanyeol, whose lips were fortunately had healed, had a dance with a pretty guy with the eyeliner—Baekhyun, who was also from Gryffindor. Luhan, on the other hand, was confronted by one of Jongin’s classmates, Sehun, who turned out to be a very fine young Hufflepuff man.

The pretty male was shoved against the wall with Sehun’s arms on Luhan’s sides. And if Yifan wasn’t mistaken (which he was sure he wasn’t), Sehun leaned closer and stated firmly,

“You can stop badmouthing Hufflepuff now. Now would you care for a dance?”

Luhan deadpanned. “You’re a Puff.”

“Oh, your heart’s gonna beat for this Puff,” Sehun replied with a smirk. “Shall we?”

Luhan was soon dragged by Sehun to the dance floor.

Yifan waited patiently. He waited and waited until he got to the point that he wasn’t sure if Junmyeon was coming. Even when Yifan had downed his fifth glass, Junmyeon still hadn’t come. The Chinese male laid his back against the wall and closed his eyes.

Maybe Junmyeon’s not coming.

Well, it’s been three years...another year of secret won’t hurt, right?

Even so, Yifan couldn’t hide the unbearable pain within him. He wished there was a way to make Junmyeon believed that they would be alright. That no matter what happened, he would protect him with all of his might. Because he had devoted his life to the beautiful male, the moment Junmyeon healed his wound.

Yifan placed the empty glass on the table and he was about to leave when Junmyeon arrived.

“Yifan,” Junmyeon said shyly.

Yifan was out of words to say and he was stunned by the sudden appearance.

Junmyeon twiddled his fingers momentarily before looking up to him. His boyfriend was clad in a dark colored tuxedo and even though they basically almost wore the same color, it was the fact that Junmyeon showed up which snapped him back to reality.

“You—you came...”

“I wanted to wear white, but Jongin told me that I look pale in white so he forced me to change into this in last minute...” Junmyeon trailed off and blushed as he pressed his hands on his cheeks. “I’m sorry, I’ll just go back—“

“Hey,” Yifan blocked his way before Junmyeon had the chance to walk away and offered his hand. “My date has come all the way here. Can I have this dance?”

“I’ll take your hand,” Junmyeon muttered sheepishly. “But I won’t dance. I can’t.”

“Fine, then can I kiss you?”

Junmyeon’s expression faltered at the request and he warily looked around. Everyone had their eyes on him the moment he stepped into the ballroom, but it was different. The stares were kind and somehow encouraging. As if the house didn’t matter anymore. As if...as if, as long as they were happy in the relationship, then it was all that mattered.

“Don’t think,” Yifan tilted Junmyeon’s chin. “You came here, that means you’re prepared for me.”

Junmyeon gazed into Yifan’s black orbs and smiled.

“Don’t be afraid.”

The beautiful male closed his eyes when Yifan leaned down to crash their lips together.

No, he wasn’t afraid anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were on their way to Hogsmeade that weekend.

It was funny to think that their relationship had been going for a few years, and they had just shown it publicly for the past week. Vacations were coming and that meant they wouldn’t be able to see each other until the new semester started. Since it was Yifan’s last year, he would probably have less classes and be prepared for the NEWT exam. Nevertheless, the thought of being able to see each other anytime lightened up the mood.

“I have a confession to make,” Yifan said, his grip tightened on Junmyeon’s hand as he spoke.

“Hm?”

Yifan paused as he pulled Junmyeon into his arms. Their eyes met and Junmyeon frowned slightly at the taller male.

“What is it...?”

“My mother was a Hufflepuff.”

Junmyeon blinked. “She...she was...?”

“Yeah. My father was a Slytherin.”

“Wow,” Junmyeon breathed. “Did they...keep it a secret until they graduated...?”

“No. On the contrary, they fell in love after graduation,” Yifan said. “So they didn’t go through what we have, but mind you, I asked them about the insecurity of yours and they said there was no such thing as forbidden love between the houses even when they were in Hogwarts.”

Junmyeon recalled what Jongdae said about the rumors might have started less than ten years ago. It made sense.

“I’ll probably going to take that offer from Exo Quidditch Club after I graduate,” Yifan continued. “Who knows, I might be able to be a National player.”

“That’s wonderful,” Junmyeon beamed. “And what seems to be the problem...?”

Yifan stared at Junmyeon’s lips. “Jaejoong-sonsaengnim called me a few days ago just to confirm and we talked about this. I told him I’ll probably be a licensed Animagus, a Quidditch player, and...and a husband.”

Junmyeon watched Yifan unblinkingly.

“If I have a promising job when you graduate...”

Yifan swallowed nervously.

“Would you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

1.       Hogwarts is in Korea. Yeay. Um. Maybe Hogwarts has lots of branches throughout the world? Hogwarts—Seoul Branch. Hogwarts—Tokyo Branch. Ugh.

2.       Slytherin and Gryffindor get along just fine, they’re not enemies.

3.       The first year in Hogwarts starts from thirteen years old instead of eleven. So Junmyeon got his first kiss when he’s fourteen, and become a Prefect when he’s seventeen.

4.       Siwon x Leeteuk – random. Sobs. Jaejoong broke up with Yunho – just because. LayChen – I mostly blame Gelo because he inserts this couple almost at every KrisHo stories. BLAME HIM OKAY.

5.       Koala and Ddookdagi are Yifan and Chanyeol's nicknames in my XOXO album.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'M SORRY