Our Destiny

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This project will bring many new investors to the company, because many people aimed for an eco-friendly project…” Saemi confidently presents her presentation on the new project. All of the people from the Board of Directors were there, including Mr. Kim. They watched her presentation attentively and nodded their heads slowly, agreeing on what she said.

An hour later the meeting was finished. Saemi returned back to her office. She put her handbag on the table and rested on the chair. While she was relaxing, knocks were heard on the door. She stood up and told the person to come in. Mr. Kim came in with a smiled on his face.

“Good job on the meeting today, they all were impressed with your capabilities.” Mr. Kim said. Saemi smiled to her father. “Thanks dad, it all thanks to oppa. They taught me a lot.”

“Well, I think I should give them some credit too.” Mr. Kim nodded his head. “You got anything to do after this?” He asked.

“I’m going to meet Sunggyu oppa and his wife later. He kept annoying me to meet him, doesn’t he know I have a lot of works to do?” Saemi said, feigning angry and playfully rolled her eyes. Mr. Kim chuckled a bit. “You know you missed him a lot. By the way, I need to go to the airport now. I don’t want to miss my flight.”

“You’re going already? But you just got here two days ago.” Saemi pouted. Mr. Kim patted her head gently, even though she was a woman now, but he still thought of her as his little girl. “I come again when I have time, okay?”

Saemi smiled and nodded her head. “Okay, and say hi to mom for me.” Mr. Kim nodded and turned around but then he turned back to Saemi. She looked at him, waiting for him to say something. “I know you probably won’t listen to me, but… isn’t it time for you to get married? I mean, Sunggyu already got married, Himchan will get married next month, and Myungsoo already got a fiancée.” Mr. Kim said gently and carefully, he was afraid his words would hurt her somehow.

Saemi smiled gently but bitterly. “I’m not ready dad.” She said slowly. Mr. Kim sighed and nodded his head. “I understand, I won’t pressure you anymore. Well, I’ll get going, you take care of yourself.”

“You too dad.” Saemi hugged her father and then he left the office. She sighed and sat back on the chair. Her father always opened the topic about marriage, but every time when he asked about it, all she said was she was not ready. She was not ready physically or mentally. Her heart was not ready for it and she felt like she won’t ever be ready. It had been seven years, but she couldn’t forget that one person that attached to her heart. The thought of him always seemed to pop in her head at least once a day.

At first, she tried to forget about him when she learned that nobody know when he would come back, but eventually she just let her heart and her mind filled with him. The memories with him were so beautiful and precious, that she didn’t want to let it go. She wondered how he was doing, there were not any news from him at all. Even his friends won’t tell her where he went, eventually she just gave up on asking them about him, and just waited for him to come back.

She didn’t know when nor will he come back. She just hoped that he would come back… someday…

-----------------

Saemi pushed the door opened to the cute and humble café. The interior inside was all pastel colored. It was a cute café, suitable for families and teenagers. Even kids sometimes went there because they served kids meals as well. It was a two-storey café. Downstairs they could enjoy their drinks and fresh bakes cakes, breads and cookies. While upstairs, was like a mini library, they could read books there and enjoyed their drinks while reading books.

She looked around and saw the person that she wanted to see behind the counter, making a coffee for customers. She smiled and walked to the counter and sat on the round chair. She peered at the person in front of her, the person back was turned to her so the person didn’t know that Saemi was there.

Saemi cupped her hands around . “Eunji unnie!” She half-yelled. This girl, called Eunji was surprised and jumped a bit. Fortunately, she already put down the cup of coffee on the table or else she would burn her hand. She turned around and glared at Saemi, with her hands on the both side of her waist. Saemi just smiled innocently with her lips curled upwards in a closed smiled

“You there young lady got to stop doing that. I can get a heart attack.” Eunji said and held her chest with her right hand. Saemi just smiled cheekily. “Mianhaeyo~~ but what do you mean by young lady? I’m the same age as you.” Her smiled flattered a bit, feigning that she was a bit annoyed that Eunji called her a young lady.

Eunji or Jung Eunji was the same age as Saemi, but Saemi called her unnie because she married to Sunggyu. So that made Eunji her unnie, that was what Saemi said. Saemi met her two years ago when Sunggyu suddenly brought a girl to her house, he introduced to her as her future sister-in-law. Sunggyu said that they actually known each other since high school, but they lost contact for three years. When Saemi went back to Korea, Sunggyu accidentally met her at a café when he came to visit his little sister. That was when their old relationship developed once again.

“Because you are not married yet so you are a young lady.” Eunji stated and pointed her finger at Saemi. Saemi just rolled her eyes. “Where are Sunjae and Sunji? They didn’t come here today?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter