High School Reunion

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stood in front of the lengthy mirror and sighed. She was wearing a beautiful color peach dress, with high heels attached with diamond on the string and complete with a simple necklace, earrings and bracelet. She was holding a light pink handbag. She wore a little bit makeup and made the end of her hair curl a bit. Tonight she would be going to the high school reunion that Taemin told her about.

Saemi was in her house at the living room. She was doing her work on the coffee table, the television was on and it was a music program channel. Suddenly her doorbell rang. She looked up and put down her pen, standing up and went to the door. She looked at the monitor and saw Taemin in front of her house. She was a little surprise to see him here since he said he got some appointment to attend. Nevertheless she opened the door.

“Annyeong Saemi.” He greeted her once she opened the door. She smiled a little. “Hey Taemin, what are you doing here?”

“Can I come in first?” He asked. Saemi nodded and let him in. Once he was in, she closed the door and followed him to the living room. Since the place was a bit in mess with papers work, with a flushed face Saemi walked past him and cleaned up the place. “Mianhae I was doing my work and didn’t expect a visitor.”

“It’s okay, I understand.” Taemin smiled. Once she finished she told him to sit. He sat down on the couch. “Do you want anything to drink?” Saemi asked. Taemin shook his head. “No thanks, I just came for a while to tell you something. Sit here.” He said and patted the seat next to him. Saemi bit her lower lip hesitated to seat beside him. She didn’t know why she still felt uncomfortable around him. But she slowly sat down beside him with at least an arm distance between them.

Taemin saw the distance but didn’t say anything. He pulled out something from his pocket and gave it to Saemi. She titled her head and took it then she looked at Taemin. He nodded his head indicating to her that she should open it.

She opened the invitation and read it. Her eyes slightly widened. “Our high school reunion?”

Taemin nodded. “I got it this morning. They’ve being talking about it nonstop on the social networking. I think they also talk about you, saying they couldn’t keep in contact with you since you moved away. I told them I know where you are and I will invite you too. It’s tonight, so let’s go together as a couple.” He said with a smiled.

Saemi just stared at the invitation, she didn’t really hear what Taemin was talking about. All she was thinking about is this high school reunion. She hadn’t being on contact with them for such a long time. She wondered if she still could remember their faces. Would they remember her too? She wondered how they were doing.

She finally looked up from the invitation with a smiled. “Sure, I’ll go with you tonight.”

She took a deep breath and left her bedroom. She went downstairs and sat on the couch. She glanced at the clock at the wall. Taemin supposed to here already. Was he late again? Just when she thought she was going to have to wait for an hour for Taemin, the doorbell suddenly rang. She stood up and went to the door. She opened it and saw Taemin in a nice black and white suit. He smiled at Saemi.

“You look really beautiful.” He complimented. Saemi smiled. “Thank you, you look great too.”

Taemin held out his arm. “Shall we?” Saemi nodded and took his arm. She just hoped that tonight would be a fun night for her. She really wanted to see them again, but there was one girl who she wished she wouldn’t meet again. But it seems impossible because it is their high school reunion.

----------------------

They arrived at the place where the high school reunion would be held. Saemi looked at the building in front of her; just by looking at it she knew it was a grand one. She took another deep breath and Taemin stood beside her. He looked at her. “Nervous?”

Saemi nodded. Her hand went to her chest to calm her fast beating hard. Taemin took her hand gently and squeezed it. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. Let’s go.” They walked inside the building with Taemin leading the way. When they entered it, as expected it was luxurious with the beautiful chandelier hanging at the middle. Everyone was wearing dresses for girls and tuxedos or suits for the guys.

“Taemin-ah!” Just when they walk someone called Taemin’s name. They both look to the side and saw Taemin’s friends.

“Onew hyung, Key hyung.” Taemin smiled at them. Saemi smiled a bit. She knew Taemin’s friends and she was delighted to see them. They arrived to both of them. “Taemin, finally we can meet you. It’s been a year since we last saw you.” Onew said. Key nodded. “How have you been?”

“Good as always. How about hyungs?” Taemin asked them.

“Good!” They both answer in unison. Onew eyes averted to the person beside Taemin. He looked at her questioningly. “Who’s this?” He asked.

“Don’t tell me you don’t recognize her.” Taemin . Onew looked at her for a long time while Saemi just blinked at him. Key squint his eyes, trying to remember her as well. Saemi suppress h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter