Falling?

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe was in his office as usual doing his work. His fingers were moving quickly on the keyboard of his computer. Abruptly his fingers stopped. His mind automatically reminded him of someone. He leaned back on his seat with a foolish smiled. He thought back what happened back yesterday. Unconsciously he let out a small laughed. He bit his lower lips and tapped his finger on the desk.

“What’s wrong with me lately? Just the thought of her make me happy.” L.Joe muttered to himself. He took his phone and scanned the contact list. He slides down the name one by one until it stopped at the name of Kim Saemi. When Saemi called her number with his phone, L.Joe didn't delete the number. Instead he saved it.

“Hmm…” He tapped his finger on his lips this time. He wondered whether he should call Saemi or not. Lunch time was about an hour from now. With a deep breath, he pressed the call button and put it on his ear. He closed his eyes and every ring made his heart beat faster.

“Hello?” The other line answered. L.Joe held his breath as he was speechless.

Saemi looked at the caller ID and then put it back to her ear. “Hello? L.Joe-ssi?” She said his name this time. L.Joe’s eyes widened when Saemi said his name. It meant that Saemi saved his number too. If not how could Saemi knew his number, except if she was good in memorizing a phone number.

“L.Joe-ssi? Are you there? I’m going to hang up.” Saemi said. But L.Joe was still quiet. She sighed and about to press the end call when L.Joe shouted, “Wait!!” Saemi clamped a hand over to stifle her laughed. She cleared and put the phone back to her ear. “Yes L.Joe-ssi?” Saemi said.

L.Joe scratched his head. “Umm… What are you doing right now?” L.Joe asked, trying to sound casual as possible.

“As usual, work. Why?” Saemi asked. Even though Saemi already could guess what L.Joe wanted but she wanted to ask anyway. “Will you… eat lunch with me?” L.Joe asked nervously. This was the first time he felt nervous to ask a girl out. How could he not feel nervous before when he asked Saemi out, but now he felt deadly nervous.

“Lunch? I can’t. I just eat lunch at the café since I don’t want to be late for work.” Saemi said.

“Then I come to Angel Café and eat lunch there with you.” L.Joe blurted. Then he face palm himself for sounded so desperate. Saemi raised an eyebrow with smiled when he heard L.Joe said it. She cleared . “Okay.” She said.

L.Joe eyes widened and he shot up from his chair, “Really??” He accidentally bumped his knee on the desk. He winced in pain and rubbed his sore knee. “Oww…”

Saemi heard a loud thud on the line and her eyes furrowed in worried. “L.Joe-ssi?  What’s that? Are you okay?” She asked. L.Joe closed an eye in pain but managed to answer Saemi. “Neh… I’m fine. I’ll meet you at lunch okay?” He asked.

“Okay. I got to go back to work. Bye.” She said. “Bye.” L.Joe bade goodbye and the other line hung out. L.Joe’s lips broke into a wide satisfied smiled. “YESSS!! WOHOOO!!!” He cheered and jumped around the place like a fan girl.

Abruptly the door open, “Yo L-.” Chunji stop midway when he saw L.Joe cheered like a fan girl. His hands were on the air and his left leg was hung on the midair. L.Joe blinked looking at his friends. They blinked at him too.

“Did we come in the wrong time?” Niel asked who was behind Chunji. L.Joe returned to his original position and cleared his throat. He smoothed out his suit and fixed his tie. “No… Come in.” He said and went to sit at the couch. He was trying to hide his flushed face. His friends came in one by one and sat on the leather couch, eyeing L.Joe every moved.

“What were you doing before we came here?” Chunji squinted his eyes and stared at L.Joe. L.Joe cleared his throat. “I was doing my work as usual until you guys barged in.” L.Joe said trying to maintain his cool.

“Cheering like a fan girl was your work?” Chunji asked with a smiled. CAP, Niel, Ricky and Changjo burst into laughter.

“Nice one hyung!” Ricky laughed and high fived Chunji who was laughing along. L.Joe just rolled his eyes but his cheeks were getting redder if that even possible. “Aish! I was not cheering like a fan girl okay?!” L.Joe tried to defend himself but it didn't work as his friends just continued laughing.

“If you’re here just to laugh at me, get out! Or should I call the security?” L.Joe warned and glared at them.

“Okay okay… Sorry.” Chunji and the rest of them calmed down. Slowly their laughed died down. “But seriously, what were you doing?” Chunji asked with a smiled. “I told you I was doing my work.” L.Joe muttered. His friends stared at him like saying ‘do-you-think-we-going-to-believe-that?’ looked.

“Come on, we’ve being your friends like forever. Do you think we really believe that?” CAP asked and raised an eyebrow looking at L.Joe. L.Joe sighed but didn't answer his friends.

“Come on hyung tell us!” Changjo urged him.

“Saemi…” L.Joe started. “The girl that you tried to make her fell for you?” Niel asked and L.Joe nodded. “You kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter