The green light

which way?

While Mrs. Jung still in the daze, Mr. Jung go inside the room silently. On his hand, he brought foods that Taeyeon and Jessica left on the secretary desk. He look at his wife and planning to surprise her. He smile mischievously. He put the food on the guest table and tip toe-ing to his wife. When he arrived behind his wife, he raised his hand ready to poke his wife but suddenly Mrs. Jung turn her body to look at him. Mrs. Jung shake her head disapprovingly.

“I have been your wife for almost twenty years. What makes you thought I will fall for your old trick? Make a new one, honey.” Then Mrs. Jung pat his cheek and return to her work. Mr. Jung puffed his cheek and go to sit in front of his wife. “What brings you here, honey? Don’t you have work to do?” Mrs. Jung ask without looking at him. Mr. Jung puffed his cheek to the max because his wife ignoring him. “And stop puffing your cheek, you’re too old to do that.” Mr. Jung immediately release all the air inside .

“Meanie. Is this how you treat a loving husband that want to lunch together with his wife?” Mr. Jung crossed his hand and look at Mrs. Jung sadly. He look at his wife and furrowed his brows. He could sense something’s not right with her and she looks very tired. Mr. Jung sighed. He is indeed lucky to have this wonderful wife but sometimes he hoped his wife would just loosened up for a while. Well, she is having fun when Taeyeon around. Maybe he needs to ask Taeyeon to ask her wife to have a vacation. He knows if he is the one that asked, her wife would turned down the idea immediately by saying she has so much work to do. But he is sure that Taeyeon would fine a way. He is a lucky man because he have a wonderful family and a wonderful two future daughter in laws.

Mrs. Jung finally lift her head when she finished signing half of the stacked document. “Lunch?” She look at the time and it shows almost one o’clock. “Oh my, lunch time almost finish so why don’t we postponed the lunch and have dinner together instead? As you could see, honey, my work is loaded.” She throws her charming smile and take the pen ready to resume her work.

Mr. Jung shake his head when he hear it. My wife really is a workaholic, looks like my plan has to execute soon before she faint because working too much. I will speak to Taeyeonnie tonight. He look at his wife while thinking what should he do to lure his wife to eat. He look at the food and a light bulb appeared inside his head. He get up from the chair and walk to the guest table, he open the container lid and smell it. “Hmm… It smells wonderful. Well, it’s your lost if you don’t want to eat Taeyeonnie’s homemade food. Oh my, there’s so many kind of food, delicious!”

Mrs. Jung snapped her head at Mr. Jung when she hear the word Taeyeonnie’s homemade food. “What did you say? Taeyeonnie cook food for us? How come she didn’t meet me if she come?” Mrs. Jung asked while get up hastily and jogging to the table. She is afraid her husband would finish all the food alone. She pick chop stick and the rice, she pick the food and eat it deliciously. “Hmm… Really delicious!”

Mr. Jung happy when his wife eat like this. He thanked Taeyeon mentally. He smile and continue to eat, although he loved to see his wife eating, he can’t let his wife eat the food all by her self. “Your secretary gave it to me when I arrived to your office just now. She said the food is there when she back from her lunch. She said she saw Taeyeonnie and Jessica walk to the car. And oh, she said our daughters face look gloomy. Is there something wrong with them, honey? I didn’t meet them and the food was on your secretary desk so I assumed they met you.”

Mrs. Jung froze when she heard the information. Her face paled and she put the food down. Suddenly she lost her appetite. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily remembering the horrible information that she got. So, she hear my conversation, that’s why she didn’t come. Although I’m alittle relief I don’t have to tell her about it, I feel really sad for her.

Mr. Jung saw it and become worried. He stop eating and focus to his wife. He hold his wife’s hand and caressed his wife’s cheek with the other hand. “What’s wrong, honey? Did you have fight with our daughters?” His worried escalated when his wife’s eyes teary.

Mrs. Jung bite her lip and hold her husband’s hand on her cheek. She inhale big amount of air and open her eyes. “No, I didn’t have fight with them. It’s worst than that. Could you help me take a brown envelope on my desk? Information inside it will help you understand.”

Mr. Jung waste no time and hurriedly take the envelope. He walk back to sit beside his wife and open th envelope. He saw the title and he knows it is results of investigation Kim’s family. Before he could read the content, his wife hold his hand. “I want you to promise me to keep calm after you read it.” His wife plead. Mr. jung nodded his head and start to read. His gripped on the papers getting stronger the long he read it. He growled and cursed the Kims. “How could they do that! Having children is blessing and we have to cherish them as long as we alive not sold them!”

Mrs. Jung her husband’s back to calm him. “There’s something worst than this, honey. Taeyeon accidently heard my conversation with our head security when she came. I think that’s why they go without greet me. What should we do, honey? This is terrible.” Mrs. Jung scoot closer to her husband and hug him.

“Now that the situation has became like this, the fast we finish it the better for Taeyeon and her sister. Let’s just go home now and discuss it with them. I want to confront that heartless man tomorrow. Now that I know about this, I can’t let you do the soft way. We have to make him suffer for what he did. Taeyeon isn’t the only victim here, this is a criminal case. We will solved criminal case with criminal ways. Let’s go home now.” Mr. Jung said firmly. He can’t stand The Kims anymore.

Mr and Mrs. Jung cleaned up the food and go home. Mrs. Jung realize she can’t let this matter slide easily but the problem is Taeyeon. Will she agreed with the plan or would she close her eyes and let this her family off. She could only prayed that the talk with Taeyeon would be peaceful and Taeyeon see the problem objectively.

Taeyeon and Jessica arrived at home with gloomy mood. Taeyeon asked Jessica to called Haeyeon to her room. She needs to talk to Haeyeon about it. Jessica arrived softly with Haeyeon and Krystal. Taeyeon asked Haeyeon to sit near her and begin her story. “Haeyeon, I have bad news for us. I want you to stay strong and think about it carefully. Do you promise to stay calm?” Haeyeon hold Taeyeon’s hand to give her support. “You know me and Jessica went to Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s office to delivered the food just now, right?” Haeyeon nodded once again.

“When we arrived, Mrs. Jung was having a meeting and it turns out she investigating our father. He is a criminal, Haeyeon. He married several woman to produce child and sold them to gain money. He didn’t care where the child would ended up as long as he has money and he planned to sold us too. What I’m trying to say is, although he is our father, he had done criminal acts and our mother agreed with it. I don’t think he will realize his mistake if he didn’t get the equal punishment. Besides, I don’t think Mr. and Mrs. Jung would let it slide just like that. Are you okay with it?”

Haeyeon think about it carefully. It is true that they are her parents but she isn’t like taeyeon. Honestly she felt nothing to her parents. She never felt loved by them so she never loved them too. If this is the way to break free from the hell called home, than she won’t hesitate. She can’t let her sister suffered anymore. She like this new home with The Jungs.

While Haeyeon in her deep thought, Krystal hold her hand secretly. Haeyeon felt it and look at Krystal. Krystal relayed her message through her eyes. You can’t go back to that hell. This is you chance to be a free person. Don’t you like it here? And don’t forget, I owned you so you should obey my word. I can’t let you go. Then Krystal squeeze her hand gently. Haeyeon feel warm because she could feel Krystal’s love for her. She decided she will agreed to her sister’s decision. Her sister would know what best for them.

Haeyeon look at Taeyeon and said,” I will do as you say, sis. If the problem could solved easily and faster this way then do it. Besides, my owner said I couldn’t leave her side.”

Taeyeon smile in relief when she hear it. She is too focus to this problem that she missed Haeyeon’s last words. All that left to do is waiting to Mr. and Mrs. Jung.

Taeyeon missed it but Jessica and Krystal didn’t. Krystal pat Haeyeon’s head proudly just like a master proud when his puppy learn what he thought, quickly. Jessica on the other hand snicker mentally. Krystal.. Krystal.. We are really siblings, but because we are siblings I could know that you feel like you owned Haeyeon but the truth is we are wrapped on the Kims sister little finger. We are whipped.

Not long, Mr. and Mrs. Jung arrived and asking for a discussion. Taeyeon and Haeyeon knows what do they want to discuss about so they cut it short and said their decision. They all sit on the couch. “Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung, we know what do you want to talk about and we will agreed to whatever you two wanted to do. We know you won’t harm us know what the best for us. We just hoped you could finish it without police intervention.”

Mr. Jung nodded his head and smile evilly. “Taeyeon, you don’t have to worry. We would finish it quick and clean without third party. You just have to wait for the result tomorrow. Now,excuse us. We have something to prepared. By the way, thank you for the food, Taeyeonnie. I’m happy to know that when you two married later, I could eat decent food whenever I want it.” Mr. Jung laugh loudly when he saw Taeyeon and Jessica’s embarrassed face. Mr. Jung helps his wife get up from the couch when he hear Krystal said something shocking.

“You don’t have to worry, dad. Haeyeon could cook delicious food too. So you would have two great chef daughter in law. I will marry Haeyeon when she finished her college, hmm… About seven more years.” Krystal said casually. Taeyeon’s eyes buldged out when she heard this while Jessica look at Krystal with envy, Haeyeon  nodded her head and smile brightly, while Mr. and Mrs. Jung laugh proudly.

“My..My..  looks like we raised our daughters in a right way. Now let’s go honey. Looks like Taeyeon has so much to say to Krystal and Haeyeon.” Mrs. Jung said  and linked her hand with her husband. They walk out while humming happily.