Meet Officially

which way?

Taeyeon, Jessica and their friends are still in the middle of enjoying their meal in the cafeteria when Taeyeon’s phone rings. Taeyeon look at the screen and it showed a private number. She knitted her brows while thinking who will it be and should she take it or not. Taeyeon finally decided to take it. She exhaled and answered it. “Hello?” Then she heard a women voice answered her greeting.

“Good afternoon, Taeyeon. I’m sorry I disturbed your lunch but could you come to the principle office right now with my daughter? The distance is not far so I’m expecting you arrived ten minutes from now. I’m Jessica’s mother in case you are wondering. Then, see you soon.” Just like that the connection being cut. Taeyeon look at the phone with agape and wide eyes. Sweat formed on her face and she is shaking. Jessica’s parents wants to meet me and Jessica! They have known about us and they want to separate us! Oh my God.. Oh my God.. Oh My God!!!! I won’t back out without fight, that’s it! Time is running out, we have to arrived on time!

Jessica and other friends look at Taeyeon worriedly. Taeyeon’s expression shows a frightened and then a fighting spirit and suddenly she put all her things inside her bag and get up. Jessica hold Taeyeon’s hand and asked,” Baby Goo, what’s wrong? Who called you? What did they want and where are you going?” Taeyeon looked at Jessica with determined face and hurriedly  put Jessica’s things inside her bag. “I won’t back out without fight, Love. And we don’t have much time. There, finish! Let’s go!” Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s hand and dragged her to the destination.

Jessica run while panting because Taeyeon dragged her with full speed. “Huff.. Where are you taking me Huff.. to? And Huff..  who wants to separate us? Love, talk to me!” Taeyeon stopped and turn her head to look at Jessica with apologetic gaze. “I’m sorry, Love. I know you hate running but we only given ten minutes by your mother to go to the principle office. They know about us and I’m afraid they will separated us. That’s why I said I won’t back out without fight. Now, let’s hurry. I don’t want to leave bad first impression to your parents.” Taeyeon once again run and dragged Jessica.

Jessica tried to explain that this won’t be their first impression but but they have arrived at the destination. Taeyeon release Jessica’s hand, tidy her hair and clothes and exhale loudly. Everyone could saw how nervous she is. She turn at Jessica and shocked. “Omo! Love, you look like a mess. Here, I will help you to tidy your appareance.” Jessica puffed her cheeks while Taeyeon combed her hair. “You make me look like a mess. You have to take responsibility and tidy me.” Taeyeon chuckled and continue her act.

“There, you look neat. Now, let’s go inside.” Taeyeon knocked and pull Jessica inside. Taeyeon go in with her head hung low, she doesn’t has the gut to look at Jessica’s parents. She bow ninety degrees and greet them. “Good Afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I have fulfill your request to bring Jessica here within ten minutes.” Taeyeon peek between her bang curtain and continue speaking while bowing,” I know you have known about our relationship. I know I’m not from the same social class, I’m not rich, I don’t have anything to offer for Jessica but I love her with all my heart and I won’t leave her without fight.”

The room become silence and she could feel eyes look at her. There are different emotion that felt by people inside the room. Jessica’s face red because of embarassement but inside she feels fuzzy. She could feel Taeyeon’s love. Jessica’s parents have smile on their face. They have known that Taeyeon is a perfect match for their daughter from their individual interview days before. But hearing Taeyeon’s word has given them more assurance that Taeyeon love their daughter for her self not because of status or money.

Suddenly Taeyeon hear someone laughing. Judging from the voice, she could conclude that someone is women and a young one. Her smart brain quickly tells her that this must be the sister. The laughing voice slowly become closer to her and she could see someone’s foot in front of her. Someone’s hand then hold her chin and tilt her chin upward. Now she is face to face to Jessica’s younger sister. “My name is Krystal and you could raise your head now.” Taeyeon straighten her back but her head still tilted because Krystal’s almost a head taller than her and Krystal still holding her chin.

“You are cute. I like you,I regret I just met you now. I want to eat you, you look yummy” With that she kissed Taeyeon’s forehead. Taeyeon stunned and her face red because of the kissed. She prepared to have a war with Jessica’s parents but she didn’t prepared to be kissed. Taeyeon take a step back, successfully release her self from Krystal and hid behind Jessica. She burried her face on Jessica’s back. Krystal once again laugh seeing Taeyeon’s cute act. She step forward trying to reach Taeyeon but someone stopped her. 

Jessica glared at Krystal. She is fuming because her Taeyeon has been molested all day by other people. “Enough, Soojung. I know she looks like a puppy but she has molested enough today. And nobody could molested her except me.” Jessica knows Krystal didn’t have bad intention to Taeyeon but she could feel Taeyeon frightened on her back. Jessica turn to her parents and said,” Now, what do you want mom and dad? You have met her before so why ask to meet again?”

Taeyeon furrowed her brow hearing Jessica’s word. Meet again? Hmm, I don’t remember meeting Jessica’s parents. Let me peek first. Taeyeon peek from Jessica’s shoulder and surprised to see the same ajumma and ajushi from before. She rub her eyes not trusting her eyes. But that two people still there and they look at Taeyeon while smile happily. She step beside Jessica on the opposite side of Krystal and asked,” Ajumma and Ajushi are Jessica’s parents? But why did you meet me before? Wait, am I being tested?” Taeyeon turn her head at Jessica and look at her suspiciously. “And you know about it but didn’t tell me?”

Jessica smile sheepishly and said,” I’m sorry, Baby. I didn’t mean to keep it a secret. I’m trying to tell you just now but we have arrived at this room. And before you ask, I didn’t asked them to do it. Remember when you tell me, I said I want to make a call?” Taeyeon nod. “I want to reprimand my parents but when in the end of your story, you tell me that they accept our relationship so I let it slide.” Jessica turn to her parents and said,” Mom, Dad, tell her.”

Mrs. Jung walk to Taeyeon’s direction and stop in front of her. She hold Taeyeon’s hand and pull Taeyeon with her to sit on the couch. She smile motherly and said,” That’s true, Taeyeon. Jessica doesn’t know anything. We are sorry if we cause you inconvenience, especially my husband. I know what he makes you to do and I have punish him for being childish. You don’t have to fight for Jessica, we give our blessing to your relationship. We call you today because we want to meet you officially and introduce the last family member but it looks like she has leave deep impression to you. Pardon her behavior, she is an affectionate person. She love to act clingy to the people that she likes, so you could say that she has accept you too. Welcome to the Jung family, Taeyeon.” Mrs. Jung then hug Taeyeon warmly. Taeyeon return the hug and smile happily and feel half of her burden has lift from her shoulder.

The other family member smile at the heartwarming scene. Krystal suddenly shout,” Group hug!!” She pull Jessica and Mr. Jung and they hug Taeyeon and Mrs. Jung. “Yeah, now that Taeyeon has become an official member, I could hug her all day! Yummy!” Krystal said while grinning. Taeyeon’s frightened feeling back and unconsciously burried herself at Mrs. Jung. Mrs. Jung saw Taeyeon’s cute act, she hug Taeyeon tighter and reprimand her youngest daughter. “Soojung, stop. Our Taeyeonnie is afraid. Look at her, like a cute puppy. Aww, cute!” Mrs. Jung squealed. Jessica and Mr. Jung look at the scene with pout. They are jealous. They want to hug Taeyeon too.

Jessica feel enough so she pull Taeyeon and hug her possessively. “I think enough with the hugging. I’m grateful that you all accept our relationship but I think I have to set a rule now. You can’t hug my Baby without my permission. If any of you do it, you will receive my wrath. Understood?” Mr & Mrs. Jung and Krystal nod their head unwillingly and puffed their cheeks. Mr. Jung raised her hand and said, “I’m asking permission to hug my future daughter in law now. I haven’t hug her today. Your mom and sister monopolized her.”

Jessica shake her heaf firmly and said,” I’m sorry, dad. I think Taeyeon have enough trauma for today. We will visit you all at home on Sunday. You could hug her then.” Mr. Jung could only accept the offer. He look at Jessica sadly and said,” Please come in the morning so we could spend more time.“ Jessica nod her head. Taeyeon clear and said timidly,” Don’t I have a say in this matter?” Jessica look at Taeyeon apologetically,” I’m sorry, Baby. You have to accept your fate. It is your fault for being too cute. I have help you so you will only suffer on Sunday, so bear with it.” Taeyeon sighed and nodded.

Just like that their routine every Sunday happened and Taeyeon’s bond with Jung’s family stronger everyday.