Jelly Worm and Dookong

which way?

First grade elementary school..

Lil Yuri waiting in front of school gate for her dear friend, Lil Taeyeon. It's almost time for class but Lil Taeyeon hasn't come yet. Lil Yuri began to worried, Lil Taeyeon seldom comes late unless she got in to trouble. It's not that Lil Taeyeon is a bad person, it's just Taeyeon's parents so strict that sometimes they demand something so hard to complish for a little child.

Sometimes later Lil Yuri could see her dear friend walking slowly to school gate. Lil Yuri could see that Lil Taeyeon trying to make her self as invincible as possible. Because Lil Taeyeon walking while looking at her foot, she doesn't realize Lil Yuri has waiting for her. Lil Taeyeon walk passed Lil Yuri and almost missed Lil Yuri if not for Yuri's voice calling for her.

"Taenggoo!! Why awe you weave me when i have wait you fow awmost 30 minutes?" Lil Yuri asked while pouting. Lil Taeyeon startled hearing her bestfriend's voice. She doesn't saw Lil Yuri for her focus was on her foot. She look at Lil Yuri apologically and said," I'm sowwy yuwri. I didn't see you." Lil Yuri knitted her eyebrow and look at her friend intently. She could feel there's something wrong with her friend. She scan her friend from head to toe.

Hmm... hew face wook fine. Hew uppew body look fi.. Wait, is taenggoo's hand huwt? Oh my god, i can see Taenggoo's mom's hand pwint on hew leg! Lil Yuri clench her hand feeling sad for her friend and angry for Lil Taeyeon's parent. How could a parent hit their child like that. Lil Yuri knows how Lil Taeyeon's parent demanded a perfect scores on every subject. And yesterday Lil Taeyeon got a 80, 70, and 80 for math, art, and reading. For every mistakes that Lil Taeyeon makes, she would get one hit so in total she would get seven hit.

Lil Yuri close her eyes trying to control her emotion that threaten to comes out. Looking at Lil Yuri's expression and her hand that clenched, Lil Taeyeon knows that Lil Yuri had know her parent hit her yesterday. Lil Taeyeon hold Lil Yuri's hand trying to calm her friend by saying," Yuwri, don't angwy. I'm fine." Hearing Lil Taeyeon's word, Lil Yuri look at Lil Taeyeon. She could see Lil Taeyeon trying to smile despide her misery. Lil Yuri hug Lil Taeyeon tightly and cry. She knows Lil Taeyeon has hurt so much that she can't cry anymore, so Lil Yuri cry for her friend.

 

Third grade elementary school...

Yuri saw Taeyeon enter the class while limping. She could see there's a messy bandage on Taeyeon's knee. Yuri could even see there's some blood on it. Yuri rushed to her friend to help her sit on the chair.

"What happen Taenggo? Did you fall? And why is it so messy?" Yuri asked while inspecting the wound. "Ah, my knee got scrapped when i fall from bicycle this morning and i wrapped it by my self so it's a bit messy." Taeyeon answer while grinning. Yuri could only shake her head hearing Taeyeon's answer. She knows Taeyeon could be clumsy sometimes.

But when she look closely at the bandage, she could feel that there's something wrong with it. She knows Taeyeon doesn't like to use bandage and not only that, the blood keep flowing to the bandage. Hmm.. She won't even use a bandaid more over bandage. She once said she won't use any medical equipment unless it is an emergency condition... EMERGENCY?!

Yuri hastily open Taeyeon's bandage despite Taeyeon's protest. When it's open, Yuri widened her eyes look at Taeyeon's wound. "Taenggoo!! It's not a scrappped! It's an open wound! I could almost see your bone! Why did you go to school? You have to go to hospital to get a treatment!!" Yuri said panickly trying to lift Taeyeon and rush to the hospital. Taeyeon stubbornly stayed at her chair and trying to knot her opened bandage.

"It's not that i don't want to go to hospital, Yuri. My mom said that it is my fault for riding bicycle in the morning on school day when she didn't give permission, it is my fault that i got this wound so my mom said that i must take responsibility by go to school no matter what. I made my self like this so i don't deserved a treatment from hospital." Yuri speechless hearing Taeyeon's explaination but can't do anything. She knows how hard headed Taeyeon. She could only cursed Taeyeon's parent for treating her friend like this.

Yuri goes to sick bay and take the first aid. She change Taeyeon's bandage to a new one and wrap it neatly. Yuri knows this is the only thing that she could do for her friend. Until the wound recover, Yuri always help Taeyeon. She would change the bandage, clean the wound, buy Taeyeon's lunch from cafetaria, hug Taeyeon when the pain was unbearable. Yuri could feel her heart pained when Taeyeon suffered.

One day Taeyeon and Yuri playing happilly on the park. When they exhausted, they lay on the ground while catching a breath. Suddenly Taeyeon hold Yuri's hand and said," Yuri, thank you for being my friend and lend a shoulder when i need it." Yuri smile, look at Taeyeon shyly and said," Taenggoo, because i'm young and small, i could only do that for you. But i promise you i will grow big and tall. I will protect you. I will make you happy and hit everyone who trying to hurt you. I like be with you Taenggoo. Do you want to be my wife when we grown up later?"

Taeyeon surprised hearing her friend's remark. Taeyeon's innocent mind doesn't know the deep meaning of Yuri's word but she is happy that there is someone love her this much so she agreed. Taeyeon nodded her head and said," I want to be your wife. If i become your wife, you promise to protect me and make me happy right?" Yuri nod her head and feel happy hearing Taeyeon's answer. She can't wait to become a grown up and fullfil her promise. Yuri turn her head to look at Taeyeon and said," Taenggoo, can i make a pet name for you?" Taeyeon answer by nodding her head. "Hmm.. because sometimes you act like a baby and look like one, i will call you taeng baby. Okey?" "Okey! Then i will call you yul baby too! So we're even." Just like that without knowing the meaning of that word, they call each other like that.

 

Third grade high school..

This is the third day Yuri lost contact with Taeyeon. Yuri paced back and forward in her room while looking at her phone. Suddenly her phone rings. Without looking at the phone, Yuri answer. "Baby! Where are you? Are you fine? Why haven't you contact me?" Yuri ask Taeyeon rapidly. Yuri wait for Taeyeon's answer but she got only silence. Yuri look at her phone to check if the phone has disconnect but it isn't. She press the phone harder to her ear and later she could hear Taeyeon speak softly like a whisper. "Yul.. Kevin died and i failed my final exam." Yuri silence doesn't know what to do. Kevin is Taeyeon's cousin. Taeyeon love him more then her sibling. Taeyeon and Kevin always played together and share their secrets. Kevin always comfort Taeyeon when she sad.

Yuri composed her self and asked," Where are you now Taeng?" Taeyeon answer after sometime," At our usual place." Yuri knows how hurt Taeyeon's feeling right now. Not only she lost her dearest cousin, she failed her exam too. Yuri could imagine Taeyeon's parent spat at her for this failure. When Yuri arrived, she could see Taeyeon hug her knee and look at the river with empty stare. Yuri sat beside her and hug Taeyeon, she kissed Taeyeon forehead when Taeyeon began to sobbing. Taeyeon never cry even when her parent hit her but losing Kevin just too much for her. Her misery doubled when her parent scold her because she failed the exam. Taeyeon's parent blame Taeyeon because her lack of concentration in study. How could Taeyeon concentrate to study when Kevin died just a night before the exam?

Taeyeon cried her heart out. She blame God for taking her loved one. She blame her parents for not loving and understand her. She blame her self for failing the exam. She blame everyone. She felt angry for all the misery that she had. She questioned God why would he sent her to this world just to make her suffer. Taeyeon fall asleep in Yuri's embrace when she tired crying. Yuri blame her self when she saw Taeyeon suffering like this. She blame her self for failed to fullfil her promise. Yuri kiss Taeyeon's forehead and her cheek before picked her bridal style. Yuri sure that her will to protect Taeyeon not just because of the promise. She love Taeyeon and she promise this is the last time Taeyeon shred tears. "I will protect you baby."

Back to present...

When they arrived at the meet place, they look for a place to sit comfortably. The night getting chill so Taeyeon scoot closer at Yuri. Yuri hug Taeyeon on the waist to warm her. Taeyeon put her head on Yuri's shoulder and lean her body closer to Yuri trying to a more comfortable position. Yuri adjust her shoulder position and kiss Taeyeon's forehead when Taeyeon has found the position that she wants. Taeyeon sighed contently and watch the race.

After sometimes, Taeyeon could feel something bothering Yuri. So she lift her head from Yuri's shoulder and asked Yuri. "Yuri, what are you thinking about?"  Usually Yuri would go hyper for motor race but now she only sit silently. Yuri look at Taeyeon and smile while shaking her head. "Nothing serious Taenggoo. I'm just remembering our past." Yuri knitted her eyebrows and  look at her foot trying to formulate a question that she itched to asked. Taeyeon look at Yuri silently know that her friend wants to ask her something. Being friends for almost their entire life make them know each other like their own selves, so she hold Yuri's hand as a sign that Taeyeon would be there for what ever it is.

Yuri finally look at Taeyeon and ask hesistantly. "Ehm, Taenggoo.. Why did you never called me by our pet name anymore?" Yuri then cover her face using her hand. She could feel her face become red, she actually fell embarassed asking this kind of question. But she has to know the reason. Taeyeon surprised Yuri asked this kind of question. It is true that they used to call each other using their pet names, but when they reached college they just stopped using it. That's why Taeyeon a little surprise when Yuri called her Taeng Baby just now at the dorm.

"Uhm.. I don't know why Yuri. We just stop like that. Why? Do you want us to use it again? Is that why you called me like that?" Yuri startled hearing Taeyeon's question. She has no choice but to say yes. It's not like she could boldly said that she jealous to Jessica, right? "Yes, Taenggoo. I missed our High School days. Can we back like how we used to?" Taeyeon think for a second and then agreed to her friend request. It's not like there's someone would angry if we did it so why not? "Alright Baby Yul!" Taeyeon then kissed Yuri's cheek just like old time. Yuri could feel her cheek become hotter. She look at Taeyeon and smile happily. She could feel her heart beat fast and loud. Yuri admire her friends beauty and lift her right hand to caress Taeyeon's cheek.

Taeyeon hold Yuri's hand that hold her cheek and press it harder on her cheek. she close her eyes to savor this warm feeling. Taeyeon relieved when Yuri asked her to behave like when theye were in high school because honestly she too missed Yuri's warmth. Yuri look at Taeyeon warmly and asked inside her head. Taenggoo, do you remember our promise? Do you love me?

 

 

 

 

Author note:

I think it's enough to explain their history? Do i need to tell you Jessica and Taeyeon's first meeting to? ^^ Bubye..