Hesitating

Next Stop, Insanity

Weeks had passed since the trip and the weather had now gotten colder. Jungkook looked down at his skateboard in boredom. His friends were off somewhere in the skate park, enjoying what was left of the warm sunny weather. He looked down at this phone and sighed.

He was bored without Hanuel. As much as he wanted to call her, he didn't want to disturb her at work. It was just one of those days where he wanted to stay home and hang out with her and play with Junghwa.

It was also one of those days where his mind was off elsewhere. He thought about his dad, his applications into university and what he wanted to do in the future. All the things that made a senior student in high school stressed and worried.

He looked up when V rolled over on his skateboard. V stopped and picked up his board to look at the younger boy.

“Why don't you go visit her at work?” V suggested and Jungkook shrugged. V sat down and ruffled Jungkook's hair. “I can tell you're having one of those down days. Go see her at work to recharge. We can hang out tonight.” Jungkook swatted his hand away but he was grinning.

“Fine. I'll see you later, hyungs. Tell the others I said goodbye.”

V rolled his eyes. “I won't. Bye.” Jungkook wrapped his scarf back around his neck before adjusting his hat. He stepped onto his skateboard and sent V a salute as he left the park. V shook his head with a grin.

“What a lovestruck fool.”

- - - - -

Jungkook looked across the street to where the coffee shop was streaming out customers who had just finished their coffee break during lunch time on a Sunday. He looked down at the box in his head and he mentally chuckled at how he expected her to react. He pushed open the door to the cafe to find that there were little to no customers. There was only one worker at desk while the others were most likely in the back for their own break.

The worker behind the counter recognized Jungkook and she immediately went into the back to get Hanuel. Jungkook sent her a grateful smile. A few moments later, Hanuel came out with her bag and out of her uniform.

Jungkook blinked in surprise. “You're off early today?” She nodded. “They hired a new worker and he's coming in soon so I was able to go home and study some more.” He wrinkled his nose. “I'm dating a nerd, gross.” She rolled her eyes and pushed him out of the cafe.

“Why are you here? Aren't you with your friends?” She asked once they were outside. He was walking in front of her when she suddenly pulled him back by the end of his jacket. She reached up to fix the scarf around his neck and she chuckled. “The tag's sticking out. You usually never do that. What's the matter?”

He looked down at her with fond eyes. Even something as small as that and she was able to notice. He was grateful for someone like her in his life.

“It's just one of those days.” He whispered. He ducked down to kiss the top of her head before he straightened up. “Let's go home. I bought some cheesecake.” She intertwined her fingers with his as they walked together.

They walked into her family's apartment and he took off his shoes before placing the box of cheesecake onto the kitchen table. He was just about to go and remove his jacket when arms wrapped around his waist. He looked back in surprise.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Hanuel whispered. He put his own hands over hers with a smile. “Didn't you say you were going to study?”

“You're more important.”

“You're being awfully cheesy today.”

“Am I?”

“I think we just reversed our roles, don't you think?” He asked. He turned himself around to wrap his arms around her so that he could rest his chin on the top of her head.

“I love you, Hanuel. A lot more than I can express.”

“Uh, I think you express it plenty.”

He chuckled and they stayed there in each others embrace for a few quiet seconds before he spoke up again. “I was thinking about my dad. Then the topic switched to university and my mind's just not my own today.” She pulled back to look up at him. She reached her hand up to rest one palm against his cheek and she frowned.

“Missing him today?” He nodded.

“Worried about getting accepted into university?” He shook his head.

“Don't know where to go?” He nodded and she let out a soft sigh. She helped him take off his jacket before pulling him over to the couch.

“Didn't you say you wanted to study music?” She asked she watched him absentmindedly play with her fingers. He shrugged. “I did.” She turned to him. “What's up with the past tense?”

“It's far, Hanuel. The university I want to go to is far. Which means I'll be separated from my family and you. I don't want that.” He admitted. She softened. “It's your dream, Jungkook. Distance won't matter.”

“It does to me,” He whispered. He looked down at the fingers. “I'm just scared. Half of me really wants to go but half of me just wants to stay here and go into the sciences or something.”

“Don't you dare.” He looked up at her tone and she narrowed her eyes at him. “You studied so hard to pass your auditions and you're planning on giving that up now?” He stayed quiet.

“Jungkook,” Hanuel whispered. She took his hands and put them on her lap as she turned her body to fully face him. “Are you afraid of us growing apart if we're not near each other?”

“No because I know that won't happen,” He replied almost immediately. She smiled at him.

“There you go. I'm sure your dad would want you to go too. He loved hearing you sing as a kid. What other doubt is there?”

“I'll miss you. I won't be able to bug you everyday or see you everyday. I can't hug you or kiss you.” Jungkook pouted. She laughed and he frowned at her. “I'm glad this is amusing to you.”

“It's four years, silly. You'll be back every break and we'll be on video chat anyway.” He rolled his eyes. “You make it sound like you won't miss me.”

“Of course I'll miss you, Jungkook. Right now though, your future is more important to me than me wanting to be able to see you everyday.”

“Did you just admit you want to see my face everyday?” He smirked. She let out a groan and slapped a hand over her face. “I can never be serious with you. I'm done, bye.” He laughed as he followed her into the kitchen.

“I'm just kidding. I know. Thank you for helping me make my decision. I'll talk some more with my mother over it. She's probably going to cry all over again since it's so far away.”

“Is this the music school in America?” She asked as she opened up the drawer to grab a fork. She heard him make a noise of reply and she knew it was a 'yes'. She stopped when she had the fork in hand. She turned around with a smile on her face after a few seconds.

“Didn't you always say you wanted to go? To see the palm trees and walk the same streets as the musicians before you?”

He looked up at her. “Yeah, but there's really nothing else. Everything I want is still right here with all of you.” She set the forks down and opened the box.

“You'll be fine. I want to see you come back as a stronger musician than you were before. Won't you, Jungkook?”

“Know that I'll be thinking about you every single day.” Jungkook grinned and she rolled her eyes. He stuffed the portion he had cut off into his mouth and his smile grew wider.

“I can't believe I'm becoming such a soft guy because of you.” He said. Hanuel looked up and furrowed her eyebrows. “What are you talking about?”

“I used to be so manly and carefree. Look at me now.”

“You were always a softie, what are you talking about?”

“I was not!”

“You cried more as a kid than I did, you know that right?”

- - - - -

Hanuel lay on her bed with an arm over her face. Jungkook had left a few minutes earlier after V called him to hang out again. She to the side of her body and looked at the picture frame of the two of them on her bedside drawer.

She looked at their smiling faces and she let out a sigh.

She had acted way too normal about this. Of course she was going to miss him. It was probably going to be extremely difficult without seeing his face and hearing his voice everyday. Not being able to see his boyish grin when he hugged her or hear his laughter from behind.

They had been together their lives. The thought of having to separate from each other was a little horrifying. She was now beginning to regret not expressing herself more when they still had the time. Now, they had about half a year with each other before the winter would end, spring would come, and summer would start off the new chapter of their lives.

As much as she wanted him to stay behind, becoming a musician was his dream. It had been ever since they were kids. There was no way she was going to let him give that all up. It was only four years. Their bond was stronger than that.

She rolled her body and was now lying flat on her back again. She turned her head when she heard her phone ring. Without looking at the caller, she picked it up.

“Missing me?”

She smiled at the voice. “What do you want?”

“I missed you.”

“You saw me about 10 minutes ago.”

“So?” She heard another voice in the background. “You guys are gross.” She laughed when she realized the voice as Jimin.

“Aw, are you jealous your Kookie spends more time with his girlfriend than you, Jimin?” She heard V's grunt of pain and knew Jimin had just attacked him. She heard more shuffling from the other side of the phone.

“Sorry, they're annoying aren't they?”

“I handled you for my whole life so there's really not going to be anyone worse.”

“Wow, I call because I miss you and here you are, throwing jabs at me!”

Hanuel grinned at his childish tone. “I missed you too.”

“You're really okay with me leaving?”

“That's unfair to ask, Jungkook. You know I would want you to stay. But you also know, more than anything, I want you to pursue music. Which is why I'm supporting you all the way, okay?”

“Thanks Hanuel. Thank you a lot, actually. I'll call you back after. Don't miss me too much after we hang up.”

“Yeah, yeah. Bye Jungkook.” She smiled down at her phone.

Love at their age did funny things to them. Every second of the day, you would wonder what they were up to. Every little thing they did sent your mood flying high up. Even if it was just a simple good morning text or a call at night to bid you goodnight.

You would get jealous when they interacted with anybody of the opposite , no matter if they were family or friends.

You would want to spend every minute of the day with them.

You wanted nothing but the best for them.

Which was why it was tearing the two of them apart to know they would need to be separated for a while as they both grew up in this world.

They could both complete their university programs and then come back together.

It wasn't like Jungkook wasn't going to come back every break and vacation he could. She knew fully well he would probably book the plane tickets months before anyway.

It wasn't like their feelings were going to change for one another either- they were sure of that.

But distance really puts a hold on everything. Especially when your partner is going to be so far away from you on a daily basis.

- - - - -

Jungkook laughed when Suga attempted to sing.

They all knew he was no singer.

The seven of them had gone out to eat some barbeque since they found out they were all free tonight. They caught up with each other and talked about some future plans they could go on together.

Jin covered his ears in disgust. “Please, just stop. We're all in a dance group for a reason. We don't do vocals.” Suga opened his eyes and stared at him.

“Excuse you but I think my singing is just fine.”

Rap Monster chuckled and took another bite of his meat. “Man, some things just never change.” He turned to the four boys who were just about to graduate this year and he raised an eyebrow.

“So, how's it with university applications? Any early acceptances yet?”

J-Hope slung an arm over Jungkook's shoulder and grinned. “This kid here got accepted to his dream school in America.” Jin's eyes lit up like a proud mother and he began clapping. “I feel like I could cry right now.” Suga rolled his eyes. “You're such a drama queen.”

“Did you accept their offer yet?” Rap Monster asked. Jungkook looked up and shrugged. “I haven't but I'll decide that soon.” Jimin reached over to nudge his hair out of place. “Know that wherever you choose to go, your brothers will be here waiting for you.”

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

His girlfriend believed in him. His friends did. His mother and his little sister did back at home too. His father in heaven did as well.

What else did he have to hesitate for?

If anything, he should complete his four years in America and come back to show them his achievements. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Suga dropped his jaw and pointed towards them.

“Wait, then did you three get accepted?” Suga blinked.

“Hell yeah, look who actually got into a university! This hot piece of a guy right here.” V pointed to himself and made a big show of congratulating himself. Jimin scrunched up his nose and scooted further away as people started staring.

“Remind me why I had to sit beside him again?”

“You chose that seat yourself, you retard.”

Jungkook chuckled as he grabbed his cup and took a sip.

Yeah, he had just made up his mind.


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004
Whoo! Finally got in time to update. 

Once again, thank you to everyone who has been supporting this story so far! Each comment, each subscriber and each upvote means the world to me. I know every author says this a million times but trust me guys, it means so much more than we can express sometimes. Each and every one of you who has either viewed or read this story- you guys are all angels. Thank you!

There's only ONE more chapter left ahead. Even though I've been saying that since like chapter 38 but this time, it's for real. This story really has come to a close! :'(

BUT! Guess what? I've got a sequel up for y'all. Did I scare you? Did you think I was just going to let this golden couple end right here?! No way LOL

Aren't you all curious to see how this couple has grown together? Aren't you excited to see them start their lives living together? More importantly, aren't you all dying to see what their marriage life would be like? Imagine if they made babies in the future and there'd be little Hanuels and Jungkooks running around omg what is life


If you guys want to read on to see more of this fluffy couple, head on over and click that 'subscribe' button!


Click the poster below:

jSWOXr2.png



Add me on Snapchat! @ai.loveyou
Follow me on Instagram! @aiju.chau

Otherwise, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!