His Singing

Next Stop, Insanity

 “You had to make a bet with me to ask me out on a date? Really?”

“I wanted the satisfaction of winning.”

“You're an idiot.”

“You've told me before.”

“Good, because I'll keep telling you.”

“Why not tell me something I don't know?”

“You're-” She paused, trying to come up with a comeback. He stood there with a smirk, and she glared at him, “Wipe that smug look off, you jerk.” He chuckled and wrapped an arm around her waist as he walked her to her next class.

“Leave me alone,” she shrugged his arm off. He rolled his eyes at her childish frustration, “Really? You want me to leave you? Okay. Look who I see coming down the hallway.” She looked up at his remark and her eyes rounded at the site of Kangdae. She turned to him and jutted out her bottom lip,

“I'm kidding. Stay with me please.” His lips curled up into a grin and he ducked down to peck her lips,

“Yes, princess.” Her face scrunched up in disgust, but her tinted cheeks told him otherwise. He looked down at her, “What? Does he still bother you?”

“Hardly, but it doesn't mean I don't feel uncomfortable. It'll take some time.” He smiled, “It's not like I'd let him bother you anyway.” She looked up to see his face, and her eyes turned into crescents of her own.

“You're so cute.” He puckered up his lips, and was about to lean down when she pushed his face away with her palm. He blinked in surprise and moved her hand away, “What now?”

“People are watching, you idiot!” She exclaimed. He looked around, and indeed, there were a few glances cast towards them. He shrugged, “Like I care.” She frowned as she stopped in front of her classroom, “I care. Now, go.”

“Not even a 'thank you' for bringing you to your classroom?” He pouted. She rolled her eyes and pushed his stomach before she walked in,

“Nah.”

He shook his head with a grin, “Pfft.”

- - - - -

Hanuel sighed as she leaned the side of her cheek onto the desk. She stared blankly up at the teacher in front of her who rambled on and on about something she zoned out to ages ago. She sighed once again when the teacher began explaining something about genetics and deoxyribonucleic acid.

A classmate beside her chuckled as she turned to look at her. She nudged her, and Hanuel jolted up.

“Bored, huh?” She asked. Hanuel nodded with a frown, “Totally bored.” The girl nodded in agreement, “I wish I had this class with more cute guys. Then, I wouldn't be so bored.” Hanuel let out a laugh, “Really? Wouldn't you be more distracted?” The girl shrugged, taking out her phone to check the notification,

“You're lucky you have a boyfriend.”

Hanuel shrugged, “Depends on how you look at it, I guess.” She put her phone away, “But he's hot! And nice, and good at sports, and basically perfect.” Hanuel chuckled, “Yeah, but having known him for so many years is a real downer. I mean, he's annoying in my eyes.” The girl laughed and cast a quick glance up towards the teacher to make sure they weren't caught, and then resumed her chat with Hanuel.

“That's true. I wouldn't think I'd find my childhood friend attractive after what- 17 years?!” Hanuel simply nodded, “Thank you for understanding my pain.”

 

The bell rang shortly afterwards, and Hanuel almost jumped to her feet in happiness. She quickly packed her bags, big her seatmate a goodbye, and ran out the door. Walking down the halls of the school, she glanced up at some of the students and greeted them when they made the initiative to greet her as well. Smiling, she walked towards her locker to find Minjung already there. Her best friend turned around,

“Hey, beautiful. How was your first classes?” Hanuel blinked, “Oh, dear. Please don't speak like Jungkook.” Minjung burst out laughing, “I've been taking lessons.”

“On how to be an idiot?!” Hanuel burst out. Minjung almost doubled over in laughter, “Man, if he heard you.” Hanuel rolled her eyes, “He knows I insult him all the time. Trust me. However, my first classes were a bore. How about yours?”

“I'm always sad when I never have any classes with you,” Minjung pouted as she rested her head onto Hanuel's shoulder. Her friend chuckled and patted her head, “It's okay because we're connected spiritually.” Minjung chuckled again and wrapped her arm around Hanuel's, “We definitely are.”

Before they could even turn around, they heard the signature laugh that belonged to Jimin. Their eyes widened and they looked at each other with a knowing glance.

“Their whole crew is here, aren't they?”

“I don't want to turn around.”

“Hanuel! Jungkook would be upset.”

She rolled her eyes, and turned around to see the boys walking up the stairs. Jungkook's face brightened when he saw his girlfriend. Jimin and V playfully shoved him forward while J-Hope chortled. Minjung did the same, as she pushed Hanuel forward right into Jungkook's arms. He caught her before she could trip and the guys ooh'd at the sight.

Minjung laughed as she wrapped an arm around the other boys, despite her being totally shorter, and pulled them down to the cafeteria.

Hanuel's face reddened as she pushed herself off him. She looked up to find him smiling down at her, “How was your day, beautiful?” Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “Oh my god. Who are you, and what have you done to Minjung?”

“What did I do now?”

“She talks just like you!” Hanuel blurted as she began walking down. Jungkook caught up with her and grabbed her hand to interlace them, “Oh, really? Damn. You'll have double the admirers daily now.” Hanuel groaned, “Oh, what a joy.”

Jungkook suddenly leaned down to her to whisper in her ear, “Hey, what do you say we ditch them and just go out for lunch?” Hanuel chuckled, “Sure. Minjung can have some bonding time with the three silly guys.” Jungkook nodded,

“Great minds think alike.”

- - - - -

The two had walked to the public library in the area today to finish up some homework.

Jungkook held open the door for Hanuel, and she slipped in. She let out a sigh of relief at the peacefulness and emptiness of the place. Jungkook looked down at her with a knowing smile, and led her towards their favourite place in the back.

The two of them sat down, and she took out her homework. He sat there, and took out his phone instead. She scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion, “I thought you said you had homework.” He looked up with big eyes,

“Did I?”

Her face fell, “Oh, come on. Go home if you don't have homework, idiot.” He frowned, and fake a sad face, “But, what if I said I wanted to stay here and spend time with my girl and help her with homework?” She internally was touched by his words but instead, the words that came out of her moth were,

“No. Go home.”

He chuckled, “Yes, my lady. I'll stay.” He knew fully well what her words truly meant, and he relaxed himself as he leaned back in his chair.

After about half an hour, he looked up and found her solely focused on her work. His lips curved up into a smile at the sight. He would never get sick of looking at her. The way she sat there with her hair curled behind her ear, a blank expression on her face as she scribbled down notes.

He saw her scrunch up her face, and straightened up. She looked at him, “Can you help me?” He chuckled at the rare adorable face and smiled as he took her book,

“Of course.”

- - - - -

She watched quietly as he explained the concept to her. His voice was gentle, and slow- making sure she understood before he introduced a new idea. She inwardly smiled at this side of him. She was lucky, she knew that oh-so-well.

His hair fell perfectly in place, and she had the urge to just ruffle it to mess it up. He was wearing a simple t-shirt, but it was tight on him because he had been working out more frequently. Not to mention, his earrings were attractive. Everything about him was amazing to her. But, she would never tell him that. Not anytime soon, at least.

He looked up at her, only to find her staring at him and his eyes widened. He felt his heart pick up pace, and he blinked at her.

“Is something the matter?”

She shook her head and leaned onto her elbows, “Just admiring you.”

He dropped the book in his hand. He stared down at the ground for a second or two before looking back up at her, “What did you just say?” She chuckled, knowing he was now flustered. Shrugging, she took her book back,

“Nothing.”

“No, no. Can you say it again? Repeat it? I didn't quite catch it the first time. I mean, my ears did- but my heart didn't pick it up yet. Say it again.” He said as he leaned in. She rolled her eyes and pushed his face back with her book,

“Stop it. I'm trying to do my homework.”

“You're such a tease, woman! What the heck!?”

She laughed quietly, “Go scroll through your phone, silly.” He rolled his eyes, but his face was still bright and smiling.

“Oh, the things you do to me, Hanuel.”

- - - - -

Jungkook unlocked the door to the apartment, and walked inside. He realized his mother wasn't home, and shuffled into Junghwa's bedroom to find her. He passed by his bedroom door, which had a sticky note stuck on it. He picked it off, and the note read,


 

We've gone to the restaurant. I have a meeting and I brought Junghwa along. I'll be late coming home. The Lee's will have you for dinner. Stay safe. Love, Mom.”

He pumped his fist in success. This meant more time to bother Hanuel. Laughing to himself, he threw his backpack onto his bed before dashing out the door to go next door.

He rang the doorbell, and patiently waited for a reply.

Hanuel opened the door and her eyes widened, “What's up?” He grinned, “Hi, one order of the Lee family's dinner, please.” She laughed at his response and opened the door for him to come in. Mrs. Lee walked out of the kitchen and smiled when she saw him, “Oh, there you are. Come and take a seat.”

Hanuel and Jungkook took a seat beside each other, while Mrs. Lee and Mr. Lee sat parallel to them. He thanked them for the meal, and waited for them to eat before he and Hanuel dug in.

“How was your day?” Mr. Lee asked, looking towards Jungkook. He nodded in thought, “I finished my homework, and I did pretty well at practice. It was a good day.” Mr. Lee then turned to his daughter, “Did you finish your homework?”

She choked on her food, and the table burst into laughter.

“I knew it.” Her father claimed. She ducked her head sheepishly, “I mean, I finished more than half.”

“Look at Jungkook.” He commented. She blew a raspberry, “I know, I know. He's perfect. Thanks for reminding me every minute of the day.”

It was Jungkook's turn to choke on his food and he turned to her, “Did you really just say that?” She turned away,

“Just eat!”

“They're so cute.” Mrs. Lee smiled with a small giggle.

- - - - -

Hanuel lay in her bed, browsing through the internet on her phone. It vibrated, scaring her, and causing it to drop on her face. She let out an audible groan and reached her arm up to get it from the pillow. She pulled down the notification bar to see it was a call from Jungkook.

“What?”

“Wow, why do I even bother to call you when you're just going to be so cold to me?” She heard him scoff. “I don't know. Good question.” She replied, with a small laugh.

“Did you manage to finish your homework?” He asked. “Yeah, after the nagging from my parents. Thanks to you, genius.” He burst out laughing from the other line,“Why, you're welcome any day, beautiful.”

“Can I hang up now?”

He gasped, “No! I called to say goodnight.” She rolled her eyes, “Oh, look. You just said it. Bye.”

“And sing you a song.” He added. She blinked, “So, you want me to get nightmares?”

“Oh just shush and listen.”

She smiled as she put her phone beside her ear, as he began singing. Her heart fluttered at the sound of his voice, and goosebumps formed on her skin. His voice was beautiful, and she wouldn't get tired of hearing him sing.

Before she even heard him sing the second chorus, she was fast asleep in dreamland with his voice comforting her throughout the night.


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

IMPORTANT: Sorry for the late update. I've been caught up with so many things. Although, you guys can expect an update about once a week (or a little more) until this story is done :D

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me, and even though I don't reply to the comments, you can be sure as hell I read all of them. You guys are wonderful.

Also, if some of you still remember, I'm making a new story with Zelo/OC. It's going to another Next Stop story, so look forward to it! (I need to find a poster shop, or find time to make one... omg LOL) Unless one of you lovelies can contact me and help me make one? That would be wonderfully helpful.

I really only come on here to update, so I don't usually reply to comments, wall posts or inboxes anymore. If you'd like to contact me elsewhere, find me on:

kik: ai9071
snapchat: ai.loveyou
skype: aquaskys101

Happy June 1st! (For some of you, and Happy June 2nd!) Have a wonderful day, you lovely people.