With You

Next Stop, Insanity

Author's Note: I know, I know. I haven't updated in months. I'm sorry for the long wait you guys! There were many times in which I wanted to just stop writing this story, but then I got back on my feet and decided I should finish so I don't let you guys down :) 

Thank you to the ones who left me messages wondering if I'm alright. I'm fine, guys! Although, it's been hard to balance my real life both physically and mentally. 

As I'm writing this, I already have a few chapters written for my new story- the one you guys voted to star Zelo & an OC :D 

Once again, I'm sorry! Also, thank you for staying with me, guys <3 

Oh! I'll also get around to updatting the other two stories soon too :D The one with J-Hope/Jungkook/OC and Jungkook/Zelo/OC ! 

Happy reading! :)

By the way: Do you guys have any poster shops to recommend? I need a poster done for the Zelo story but I still haven't had the time to find one ! It'd be helpful if you guys could give me a hand :D (Originally, I wanted to make my own but omg I'm too much of a lazy to write and make a graphic poster LOL)


 “Mom, can Hanuel and I go out for a walk? Just for a bit? Please, oh, please.” His mother raised an eyebrow at him, “You're beginning to act more like Junghwa nowadays.” Mrs. Lee chuckled, seeing his puppy eyes. She turned to her daughter, “You may go. Keep in mind that it's a school day, so be back soon okay?”

“Be careful at night, you two.” Her father chided. She nodded back with a grateful smile, “Thanks, dad!” Junghwa looked up at her two role models, “Can Jungie go too?” Her mother laughed and bent down to pick her up, “Let's go home, Jungie. Look, you're yawning.” The little girl obediently nodded as she rubbed her eyes.

“Bye unnie, bye oppa. Jungie will see you guys tomorrow!” The couple smiled before waving the parents and child off.

Once they rounded the corner, Jungkook turned to Hanuel with a grin and she blinked at him. He suddenly looked away, but not before grabbing her hand to intertwine with his. Hanuel stared at his back, “What're you doing now?” She watched as his shoulders heaved up and down, signalling that he shrugged as a response to her question. She rolled her eyes with amusement.

The two of them walked in a comfortable silence.

“Hey, did you find out what university you wanted to go to?” He suddenly spoke up. Hanuel tilted her head in thought, “Not yet. I don't really know what I want to go in either.” He hummed, “I think you'd do good in anything when you put your mind to it.”

She chuckled, blowing a raspberry at him. He turned around briefly, showing off his boyish smile before facing the front once again.

“How about you? What do you want to do?”

“If I'm going to university with you, I think I'd do well anywhere.”

As if on instinct, she wrinkled up her nose at his comment, “Jungkook. Really, where do you want to go?” He chuckled and shrugged dismissively, “I don't know. Wherever I'm accepted, I guess.”

“Where would you
not get accepted?”

“Exactly. I'm a born genius.”

“Cocky, much?”

“Truth, much?”

They looked at each other for about a second before they both burst into harmonious laughter. He smiled off to the horizon as he swung their arms back and forth, “I don't mind going anywhere, Hanuel. I just don't want to stray too far away from you.” She smiled as she kept her eyes glued to her sneakers,

“I feel exactly the same way.”

He suddenly let out a sigh, and she turned to him in surprise, “Hey, did you know that everything you sigh, you let out a bit of happiness?” His lips quirked up into an amused smirk, “Yeah, yeah.” She chuckled softly, “What's on your mind?”

“I don't want to grow up.” He admitted. She almost burst out laughing at his childish confession if it were not for his serious tone. She let out a cough, as if to hide her laughter, before opening when she deemed that she would be able to speak words without giggling.

He turned to the side and gave her a side-glare, “I saw that. Don't laugh at me! It's a serious topic.” She nodded quickly, “Okay, okay. Go ahead and tell me your worries.”

“I don't even know what I want to do. We're already in our senior year. It's stressing me out that I can't decide on my own future.” She nodded in agreement, “Why not go in to speak with the guidance counsellor? I'm sure she could help you.” He made a noise of disgust, “She's weird.”

“Well, I think you're pretty weird too but look at us now.” He pouted at her words, “Hey, that's different. If I'm weird, then you are too. We would make a good couple. We
do actually.”

“Then, you could make just as good a couple with the lady in guidance.” She let out a laugh and let go of his hand to run forward. His jaw dropped as he looked after her back,

“Hey!” He shook his head with a chuckle and ran up to catch her.

- - - - -

Hanuel, Minjung and Jungkook were seated together at the far end of a table in the cafeteria. Minjung groaned as she buried her head into her arms. Hanuel looked down at her in surprise,

“What's wrong?”

“Hanuel, please tutor me in Math.”

Right after she said that, Jungkook choked on his sandwich- a mix of laughter and tears at this point. Hanuel glared at him and told him to hush, while Minjung cracked a lopsided grin. Jungkook composed himself after a few more seconds before he cleared his throat,

“I'll tutor you. If you want Hanuel to tutor you, you'd better expect to get the same mark as her. Which definitely isn't pretty.”

Hanuel rolled her eyes at his statement, “Okay there Mr. I-Know-Everything.” He grinned at her, showing off his teeth. Minjung laughed, “I'd rather pass, Hanuel. I'm sorry.” Her friend stuck out her tongue in amusement, “I get it.”

“Hey! If I help you in Math, can you help me with Physics? I'm struggling this year and I need to maintain a high average.” Minjung nodded as she unscrewed the cap to her water bottle and took a chug. Hanuel raised up her hand meekly, “I need help with Physics too.”

“When do you not need help?” Jungkook commented. She raised an eyebrow at him, “I'm going to assume you meant that academically because if you meant that in a mentality sense, I would kick you.”
Minjung stifled her laughter into her clenched fist as Jungkook coughed and ducked his head down.

- - - - -

At the end of the school day, Hanuel and Jungkook decided to take their time and walk home together today. Despite the fact that their home was at least a half an hour walk away.

Jungkook was scrolling through his phone, looking at funny pictures on the internet while Hanuel observed his reactions. Her eyes grew wide when he abruptly started laughing at something he had scrolled onto. He passed his phone to her and she looked down.

It was a picture of J-Hope and V, who had seemingly fallen asleep on the bench at the dance studio. Jimin was in front of them, posing into the camera. There was also a caption with the picture that read, They'll never know I drew on their faces.

She furrowed her eyebrows, “They're in a dance studio. There's mirrors all around them. How can they not see the pictures on their head?” Jungkook shrugged and put his phone away, “See, this is why Jimin hyung is an idiot.” She laughed, “Poor him.”

“Hey, do you still talk to Zelo?” He suddenly piped up. She shook her head, “He graduated, you idiot. I don't keep in contact with him anywhere else.” He seemed to relax as he smiled, “Good, good.”

“Are you jealous again?” He shrugged, “Any man would if another guy was ogling over their girlfriend.” She smiled at his words before leaning over to give him a kiss on the cheek. Before he could even turn to the side, she had already resumed her position. His lips curved up into a grin and he removed his hand from hers to wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her in closer.

“How's your mom doing?” He nodded thoughtfully, “She's doing better, of course. With Junghwa running around the house all day, she hardly has time to mope. Not to mention, I'm the best son in the world, so how can she be sad?”

His girlfriend rolled her eyes at his typical answer, “You keep telling yourself that.” He laughed, “Thanks for asking, though.”

As the two of them continued their walk home, they passed by a bakery shop. Simultaneously, they both turned to each other with knowing gazes. Jungkook let go of her to run inside first. Hanuel rolled her eyes in amusement at his childish behaviour. By the time she walked up to his side, he was already done ordering, and was in the process of paying. She frowned,

“You said I could pay next-”

“I lied. You're too slow.”

She blew a raspberry at him and gestured her hand towards a table in the corner. He nodded as he told her to go sit down while he waited for the pastries.

Hanuel sat down at the table and put her backpack down beside her. She then rested her elbow onto the table and used it as an elevated chin rest. Her eyes softened as she watched Jungkook lean against the counter.

She smiled, seeing his outfit choice. He was wearing a white jacket with a black t-shirt. He was wearing a pair of tan pants and his favourite black and red sneakers. She could clearly see the dog tag hanging down and around his neck. She remembered exactly how that accessory had come to be.

“Is there anything you want for your birthday?”

“Does answering 'you', count?”

“No, seriously, Jungkook.”

“Then, if I can't have you, I want something that will remind me of you.”

“Why not just something for yourself?”

“What's the fun in that?”

They passed by a skateboard store, and she saw how his eyes light up. He lagged a few steps behind to look at the snapbacks, the watches and the shoes. Not to mention, he was also eyeing the skateboards. She came up behind him to wrap her arms around his waist, “Getting a new skateboard?” He shook his head as he rested his hands above hers over his stomach,

“No. I'm fine with the one I have now.” She looked around and saw the small collection of dog tags. She blinked, “I haven't seen you wear your old dog tag for a while now, Jungkook. What happened to it?” He shrugged as he turned her back around, “I think I lost it.”

“Of course you would.”

“Hey, I'm not the one that forgets my binder inside the classroom everyday after class.”

She narrowed her eyes at him, “At least people are friendly enough to return it.”

“Imagine if it was one of your admirers. They would have taken that home, and added it to their room with all the other things they're obsessed about you with.” Her whole body shivered at the thought and she whacked him on the arm, “Don't even joke about that.” He laughed and gave her a small pat on the head,

'If they did, though. I'd track them down and burn their stuff.”

“Jungkook!”


She had gotten him a dog tag with his Korean name engraved into it. Seeing him show off his boyish smile which she had grown to adore, was enough gratitude. He promised that he would get her one with her name for her birthday as well.

She also let her eyes admire his hairstyle. He always seemed to know how to part it, and even if he were to shake his head around, his hair would fall back into place perfectly. Not to mention, he looked handsome with a hat on and without. She admired him for that.

Even the way he was leaning stirred something within her. She almost rolled her eyes.

How can a high school boy look like a model? Does he practice this in front of his mirror everyday? Does he even have a full-length mirror? What the hell am I thinking?

She smiled to herself mentally at the thought of him. She scared herself, seeing as how just the thought of him made her giddy. Yet, she was also happy. She was happy to know that he had this effect on her, because she was almost certain he felt the same.

She saw him coming back with two drinks, a cupcake, and a donut. He also bought a sandwich. She raised an eyebrow at his sandwich.

“Hey, a man needs to satisfy his hunger, okay?” She chuckled and reached for her strawberry banana smoothie.

“I saw you checking me out, though. What's that about? I mean, I'm flattered you even did that but, that's not you.” He said. She shrugged, “I don't know.” He frowned at her curt answer, “That's not a valid response!”

“Why is it not? You asked me a question, and I replied.” He rolled his eyes at her, “Okay, okay. But, I put in extra effort today to make my chain stand out. Did you notice that?”

“Yes, I did, Jungkook.”

He grinned, showing off his boyish smile, “Then that's all that matters.” Her own lips curved into a smile once she saw his.

“So, were you admiring your handsome boyfriend?” He questioned. She pretended to look at another person, “No, I was admiring those group of boys over there.” His jaw dropped and he turned around in his seat to stare in the direction she was looking,

“What?!”

She chuckled at his angered expression and pulled him back down, “I'm kidding.”

“So, were you?”

“Maybe. Just a little.”

He grinned, feeling butterflies in his own stomach. “Great, now that you admitted it, I'm embarrassed. Look away, please.” She laughed, “Yes, sir.”

The two of them ate in quiet silence.

He looked out the window, “Hey, it's getting dark. Should we head home soon?” He saw her stifle a yawn before replying, “It doesn't matter.”

“Okay we're going home soon.”

- - - -


 

When they reached the front door of their apartment building, Jungkook opened it to let her inside. She slipped in and they two of them walked towards the stair case together.

“Hey, do you have a lot of homework today?”

She shook her head, “I can finish it all within an hour. How come?” He shrugged, “We should play some video games together. We haven't in a long time.” She immediately frowned, “What? So you can show off how much of a gamer you are?” He laughed, “No. So we can spend some time doing other things together.”

“Sure. Which game?”

“You pick.”

“I asked first.”

“I don't care as long as I can play with you.”

“Oh my god.”

He didn't reply until they reached their apartment floor. He turned to her,

“Wanna make another bet on this game?” She rolled her eyes with a sigh, “Oh, come on. What do you want me to do this time?”

“Why do you assume you already lost?”

“When do I not?”

“You're not incorrect about that,” He chuckled. She narrowed her eyes at him and curved downwards into an unhappy frown.

“Okay, what do you want to bet on?”

“Whoever gets the most kills within one round of the game can ask the loser to do something.”

“Can you not label it as the 'loser'?” She rolled her eyes. He laughed, “I'm sorry. I mean, the one who loses has to do whatever the winner wants.”

“Fine.”

“I already know what I want you to do!”

She gaped at him, “Are you just betting this so you can basically do what you want?!” His eyes grew wide and he quickly dodged into his apartment,

“You'll never know!”

“Jungkook!”

 

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

Surprise! A lot of you guys asked me if there was any other social media I used so you guys could chat me :D 

If you guys wanted to, you can add me on Skype or Snapchat! I keep forgetting to reply to my messages/wall posts on AFF, so Skype is the better alternative. And if it's snapchat, you guys can always chat me there too! If anything, you guys will see what I look like in real life LOL 

My skype username is aquaskys101, and my snapchat is ai.loveyou :)