Pent-Up Emotions

Next Stop, Insanity

Every word that came out of her mother's mouth flew right over her head. There was something else that occupied her thoughts. Something that made her head swirl just by thinking about it. She felt like screaming everything out just so that somebody could advise her in regards to what she should do with the newly discovered information.


Hanuel's mother seemed to have noticed the distant look in her daughter's eye and frowned, turning to her husband in worry. He adjusted himself on the hospital bed and lightly nudged her arm. Hanuel drew her head up in surprise,

“Yeah, dad?”

His lips curved downwards, frowning, “Are you alright? I didn't think you'd be this startled. My injury's fine, so you don't have to worry about it.” Hanuel smiled, placing a hand on her father's shoulder before getting up,

“You're right. There's something more important that I need to take care of at the moment. I'll be back to visit later, dad.” She quickly made her way out the door and her parents stared at her retreating figure with wide eyes. Her father let his jaw drop,

“There's something more important than me? Her father?” His wife rolled her eyes and lightly pushed his forehead back, “You told her not to worry so don't whine about it now, mister.”

- - - - -

Hanuel ran inside the apartment with a rush, making a beeline straight to her own bedroom. She let out a few shaky breaths before turning on her laptop. She quickly went to her search engine, and she bit her lip before contemplating what she should type in.


malignant brain tumour

She let her eyes gaze over each search result and she felt her heart drop immediately. She typed in another search phrase.

life expectancy with malignant brain tumour

She knew very little about neurology, but she did know the difference between a benign tumour and a malignant one. One held hope, and the other stood for death. clogged up as she remembered the conversation she had earlier.

“Hanuel? Is that you?”

She looked up and her eyes widened in recognition, “Mr. Jeon, what are you-” Her eyes fell onto the sign behind his head and her jaw fell open. He noticed her expression, and he let out a small, dry laugh. He nodded his head towards a row of chairs by the wall, and she followed him. He sat down, leaning his head back and Hanuel sat down beside him.

“I'm sure you're a smart girl. You know what neurology department does right?” She nodded in response, “Anything related to the brain.” He took in a deep breath, and wrung his hands together before continuing,

“I've come here for regular check-ups for the past 4 years. Doctors are supposed to be trust-worthy right? They aren't supposed to tell you false information.”

Hanuel nodded and although she was slightly confused, she let him go on.


“They said it was a benign one 4 years ago. So why did they suddenly tell me they analyzed it wrong and that it was actually malignant this whole time?

Her eyes widened in realization at those two words. He ran a hand through his hair in despair, “They told me it was benign, Hanuel. I was going to get chemotherapy to help. I was prepared to tell her, I really was. I figured we could go through it together, with her support. Why does life throw such unexpected fast-balls at you like this, huh?”

She stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

“I have a malignant brain tumour. It's inoperable. What am I supposed to do? I've noticed the changes in myself. My headaches are becoming so frequent, it's scaring me. I'm sleepy every hour of the day, and what I fear the most is that I won't be able to wake up one day.”

“But why do you have to leave your family? They can support you through this, uncle.” Hanuel whispered. He shook his head, “I don't want them to grieve about it when I'm gone. So if I leave now, I'll be able to keep them together.”

“They'll only be more upset if they find out the reason after something happens, uncle. I think it's best if you told them now.”

“It's fine. I noticed my own personality changes. I can't stand people sometimes. I've lashed out at my wife so many times, she's probably sick of me now. I want to get away before I hurt my children in any way.” She hung her head low in thought at his words.

“Hanuel, promise me one thing.” She looked up at him.

“Promise me you will not tell any body what I have just told you. Don't tell anybody you saw me here. Can you do that for me?” He requested. She opened to object, but he beat her to it.

“I know it will be hard. Please, Hanuel. See it as a man's last wish.” She slowly nodded, still feeling reluctant to the whole idea. He smiled, giving the top of her head a reassuring pat,

“Don't worry. Everything will be fine.”


Hanuel felt her eyes tear up at the thought. Isn't it more painful to go through this alone? Wouldn't you want your family to support you? However, she could slightly understand things from his perspective. He didn't want his family to suffer through his anger tantrums, and didn't want them to see him lose himself.

She closed her eyes and leaned against her desktop chair in deep thought. Letting out a sigh, she closed the screen of her laptop.

- - - - -

Jungkook woke up with a groan when the sunlight hit his face. He brought his left arm up to his eyes, in a poor attempt to shield away the bright rays. He shifted onto the side of his body, allowing himself the full view of his alarm clock. His eyes rounded at the time.


2:47pm.

He had come home that night, only to find that his mother and sister were already asleep. He crashed into his bed without changing his clothes and before he knew it, he was already asleep.

Jungkook rubbed his eyes with a yawn and sat up. Jungkook threw the blanket off his body and walked out of his room. He looked around the house, wondering where his sister was. That's when his eyes zeroed down onto the note stuck on the fridge.

I brought Junghwa with me to work. There's lunch in the fridge. If you're hungry, just heat it up.

He crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it into the garbage can. His ears picked up vibrating noises from his room, and he furrowed his eyebrows before walking back in his tracks.

His phone was ringing on his desk, and although he kept it on silent, the vibration was starting to annoy him. Walking over, he picked it up.

“Hello?”


“Yo! You wanna hang out today?”

“And do what?”

“We haven't gone skateboarding in a while. So what do you say?”


 

I guess.”
 

Alright, we'll meet you at the skate park in an hour!”
 

Alright, we'll meet you at the skate park in an hour!”

“Bye Hoseok hyung.”

He ended the call, and his finger tapped onto the
Inbox icon. His eyes rounded a bit when he noticed that he hadn't texted Hanuel at all since last night. He blinked and was about to send her a message when last night's events flashed through his eyes.

“Calm down? You think I can calm down? You think I can calm down when my ing family is falling apart?!”

“Jeon Jungkook, why are you yelling at me?”

“It's because you don't know !”


He raised an eyebrow, mentally scolding himself for the sudden outburst. He poked the insides of his cheek with his tongue, debating whether or not he should call her.

She's probably still mad. Whatever, I'll let her cool off.

However, he felt a nagging guilt at the back of his mind probing him that this was entirely his fault. Jungkook decided against it and threw his phone onto the bed before going into the washroom to take a shower.

- - - - -

“Where is that kid? Why is he always late?” Suga huffed, shielding his face from the sun. Rap Monster rolled his eyes, “Leave him alone. He probably just woke up, right?” J-Hope nodded at the questioning tone, “He sure sounded like it.”

“I can't believe he woke up later than me, today.” V commented, stifling a yawn. Jimin shoved him, “He probably can't even sleep with the things going on right now.” V's mouth fell open in remembrance, and he stayed quiet.

“I'm worried for the kid, really. Is he going to be okay?” Suga spoke up. Jin nodded his head in agreement, “I hope he's alright. We came out today to hopefully get this mind off things.” Rap Monster sighed and adjusted his sunglasses,

“Don't we all?”

“Hey. Sorry I'm late!” All heads turned towards the new voice, and their faces brightened seeing that the boy looked intact. J-Hope grinned immediately and walked over to Jungkook, slinging an arm around his shoulder. Suga nodded his head at the new arrival, “How've you been?”

Jungkook gave him a small smile, “Managing.” Rap Monster elbowed Suga, signalling him to be quiet before turning around to face Jungkook with a wide grin, “Less talk and more skate?”

“Hell yeah, I'm up for that idea!” Jimin whooped as he threw his skateboard onto the ground and rushed forward. V followed along and Jin sighed,

“Kids.”

J-Hope grinned, pulled Jungkook with him and the two ran after them. Suga stayed behind and let out a lop-sided smirk, “At least he looks happy.”

“Yeah, there's the key word.
Looks.” Rap Monster pointed out.

- - - - - -

“Is there anything you want to talk about?”

Jungkook turned around to see that J-Hope had came with him to the bench. The two of them sat down, propping their skateboards up on the tree. Jungkook sighed, clasping his hands together.

“You know that feeling when you're pissed, and you lash out at anybody who tries to calm you down?”

J-Hope nodded, “Yup. You and Hanuel fought, didn't you?” Jungkook looked up with wide eyes and J-Hope chuckled, ruffling his hair, “Your face says it all.” Jungkook scoffed and pushed his hand away, “Very funny, hyung.”

“Go make up with her. What are you waiting for?” Jungkook shrugged, “I don't know how?”

Sorry I yelled at you. Let's make up.” J-Hope joked. Jungkook gave him a dry look and the older stopped laughing, although he was still chuckling into his fist. Jungkook groaned, burying his face into his hands, “I don't know what's going on anymore. My family's falling apart and I can't believe I even yelled at her for something so idiotic.”

“Have you talked to your father?” Jungkook nodded, “I saw him yesterday, which was why I called her out to talk.” J-Hope rolled his eyes, “Yeah, but you yelled at her and scared her away instead.” Jungkook frowned and glared up at him, “Are you supposed to be comforting me or stepping over my already guilty self?”

“Both, duh.”

“Screw you.”

The other boys had purposely told J-Hope to go over and talk to Jungkook. J-Hope was more than willing to, seeing as how he wanted to help Jungkook out.

“What did you and your father talk about?” J-Hope continued to question. Their miniscule spat was forgotten as Jungkook began to pour his heart out. He told the other everything. From the start of their parents bickering, to their recent decision about the divorce. Although Jungkook had already told J-Hope these things before, the older disregarded that and listened to it all once again. He talked about the emotions he was feeling at the moment, and how he was at a loss not knowing what to do. J-Hope sat there, giving the younger boy a sort of comfort by listening to him vent out his pent-up emotions.

By the time Jungkook finished, his eyes were teary, and he felt his throat clogged up. He coughed a few times, in hope that his tears would go away. J-Hope softened and wrapped an arm around him, pulling him in to give him a quick hug. He gave Jungkook's back a comforting pat before pulling away.

“I think the first thing you should do now is go apologize before the misunderstanding between you and Hanuel gets worse. You need her through this, I can tell. Go, Jungkook.”

Jungkook looked up at him with a slight smirk, “Thanks.”

“Anytime, kid.”

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

I already have the next chapter written so don't worry! :3 It'll be updated tomorrow or the next day x) 

To give you guys a better understanding of benign and malignant tumours, here's a quick explanation with my terrible drawings

Benign: This type of tumour is easier to remove (and is harmless), seeing as how it is in a solid shape. Do5yH0jep8JLLhOBwEgsFuNGKHgfKqAXFpqUtKaQ

 

Malignant: This type of tumour is harmful and can't really be removed completely. As you can see from it's shape, it transforms and the roots of the tumour spread everywhere. eeYGbaa6OLc4N2HBLCZUiZoYRLz-IwW_T_Yb4nOU

 

Thank you guys for the 70+ comments ;~; But then again, I haven't updated in a while so that explains a lot. Thank you for the upvotes and the new subscribers :D Y'all make me really happy. Also, as for the wallposts, private messages and friend requests, I'll get to those this weekend! (Hopefully LOL)

Once again, this story is ending soon, so here are links to my other stories that I somehow want to tie in with this one. Y'know, like reaaaaaaaaally bad spin-offs? xD 

Her Life Through His Eyes 
Forgetful, but not Forgotten 


Have an awesome day :3

btw, some of you guys may have noticed that I replied to like the first 20 or someting comments LOL. then I just got lazy T_T