Apologize

Next Stop, Insanity

 “Are you ignoring me?”

“Excuse me, but that's pretty rude of you.”

“Lady, are you trying to make me cry?”

“Do you want a grown man to cry?”


“Seriously, honeybunny, it wasn't my fault.”

“It was all that guy's fault. You can blame him.”

Jungkook pouted in annoyance as he watched his girlfriend tuck Junghwa in onto the couch in the back room. He was taken aback when Hanuel got onto her feet, and whirled around to face him. Her eyes narrowed while his eyes widened.

“A grown man?” She exclaimed, “What kind of grown man yells at a random customer?!” Jungkook raised his hands up in defence and took a step back,

“Uh, he was hitting on you, so my boyfriend instincts came in.”

“Don't talk to me. I hope you feel guilty for the rest of your life knowing that you ruined some poor guy's day.”

He rolled his eyes and walked over to her, “Oh come on, you're exaggerating.”

“Yeah, sure I am.” She evaded him and walked over to pick up her hoodie. She pulled it over her head and grabbed her bag. Jungkook blinked,

“Going to work?”

Hanuel ignored him.

He narrowed his eyes, “Are you actually mad, or are you just being playful?” She looked up at him and tilted her head, “I don't know. You tell me?”

Jungkook smirked, “Playful?” He walked over to her and sighed, leaning his head onto one side of her shoulder.

“I'm sorry, okay? I was being a brat.”

He heard her laugh, and he lifted his head up.

“I'm glad you admitted it.” He grinned, but then stopped short. He took a few strands of her hair in between his fingers and raised an eyebrow,

“Are you wearing perfume?”

 

Blushing, Hanuel blinked up at him, “No. I don't wear perfume-”


“Is it your shampoo then?”

She was about to reply when he rested his chin on the top of her head.

“You smell nice.” He commented. She mentally smiled at the compliment but at the same time, she felt embarrassed. She quickly pulled away, “I'm going to be late. You also need to go manage the cash register. The lunch break is almost over.”

He frowned, “Aw. You're no fun. How come you're not a cuddly person?” She turned around and stuck out her tongue, “It's because I'm no teddy bear.”

He gaped at her, “But you're my teddy bear. What are you talking about?” Rolling her eyes, she gave him a wave,

“Have fun.”

He walked behind her as she headed towards the front door.

Right when she grabbed onto the doorknob, she was jerked back. Hanuel crashed into his chest and she let out a small noise at the impact. He wrapped his arms around her.

“You better not flirt with Zelo today. Don't talk to him. Don't make eye contact, and definitely don't let him touch you, okay?” He whispered. She wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed in defeat,

“You know, if I don't talk to him and he starts questioning me about it, won't that be more troublesome?”

Jungkook blinked, pulled back and stared straight into her eyes,

“Good point. Don't go to work then. Problem solved.”

She reached up and flicked his forehead, “Nice try, idiot. I'll see you later.” Jungkook rubbed his forehead, but there was a grin on his face.

“See you. Come back soon so I don't miss you.”

She ignored him and walked out the door. Shaking his head in amusement, he switched the sign on the door that read Closed back to Open.

- - - - -

Hanuel greeted Mrs. Choi when she walked into the cafe. The woman smiled at her and beckoned her over from the counter. Hanuel blinked, but obliged.

“Yui's sick today, so she won't be in. Will you be able to manage by yourself?” Mrs. Choi wondered. Hanuel nodded, “Yeah. I'll be fine. I hope Yui gets well soon, though.” The woman laughed, “So do I. Ah, I forgot. You won't be alone. My son should be coming soon. If that boy is late, he's going to get it.”

Speaking of the devil, the front door burst open and Zelo kicked up his skateboard. He looked up and his eyes widened when he saw his mother. She gave him a look of disapproval, “Put that thing away.” He gave her a salute, “Yes ma'am.” He passed by Hanuel and he gave her a nod,

“Yo.”

She chuckled at his short greeting, “Hi.” Grinning, he walked into the staff room with her following behind.

 

Zelo propped up his skateboard by the wall. He then proceeded to put on the apron that was mandatory for all workers.

He growled in displeasure when he looked himself in the mirror,

“This apron is ugly as hell.”

Hanuel looked up at him after she tied her own apron on and chuckled, “I think it looks fine.” He turned around and winked, “I look hot, don't I?” Her face dropped, “I never said it that way.” He laughed,

“I'm just joking. I'll head out first.”

After tying up her hair, she was going to head out but her phone rang, causing her to stay behind.

): you better not be flirting honeybunny

A smile tugged at her lips as she replied.

:DDD and if i do?

She put her phone into her locker.

On her way out, however, she could hear the blaring noise of her ring tone and she chuckled to herself.

Oh Jungkook.

- - - - -

Hanuel smiled at the customer, and handed him his drink. He politely bowed and accepted it before walking back to his friends.

She leaned against the counter and heaved an exhausted sigh. Zelo was waiting the tables, and cleaning them up while she ran the counter.

The bell to the cafe jingled and she looked up.

“Welcome-”

“Hanuel?”

dropped open in slight surprise, “Hi there, Hoseok.” Her eyes flickered when she saw two more heads pop out from behind him.

“We're here too.” Jimin commented as V grinned and gave her a wink. J-Hope rolled his eyes but turned his attention back to the girl, “We never knew you worked here.”

“Jungkook never told you?”

“Maybe he did, but we just never listened.” V thoughtfully tapped his chin. Jimin innocently nodded from beside him. She laughed,

 

So what would you guys like to order?”

“What's good?” Jimin questioned as he leaned onto the counter and glanced up at the sign behind her. She shrugged,

“Everything.”

V blinked, but then grinned, “Then we'll have everything. J-Hope can pay- ow !” J-Hope glared at him from behind and fixed his shirt,

“Try saying that again, moron.”

“What an .” V mumbled under his breath. Hanuel smiled at their bickering. Jimin tilted his head, “You know what, I'll have a Pina Colada.”

“I'll get an iced coffee.” J-Hope said.

V looked up after massaging his injured leg- the one J-Hope kicked-, “A lemonade for me.” Hanuel nodded and rang in the orders. She told them the price, and they each paid separately.

“Hey, I know you're his girl and all, so have you heard about him?” J-Hope asked while the two other guys went to find a table. Hanuel looked up at him while she wiped off the counter.

“Heard about what?”

“His parents.”

Her eyes dimmed and she nodded, “Yeah, I have.” J-Hope gave her a small smile, “I hope you'll be able to support him through this. I know we will, but being his girlfriend, there will be things you can do while we can't.” She glanced up at him. His eyes widened and he waved his hands around,

“Wait- that sounded completely wrong. Ignore that-”

“I don't get what you're saying.” She admitted honestly. He stopped, then chuckled,

 

Never mind. Good for you if you didn't. Thanks for the drink.”

- - - - -

 

Junghwa looked up at her brother from his lap.

“Oppa, your phone is ringing.” She handed him his phone, and he exited the game app she was playing on before to answer the call.

“Hello?”

“Jungkook?”

His eyes went wide at the voice.

“...What do you need?”

“Can we meet up tonight and talk some things over? I have something to discuss with you.”

“I think the person you should be talking things over is with mom- not me.”

“Jungkook.”

He looked down at his sister, who blinked up at him and mentally groaned.

“Fine. Time and place?”

“My restaurant at 9:00pm. I gotta go. I'll see you later.”

His eye twitched at the way he said my.

So what happened to it being 'ours'?

Junghwa pulled on his sleeve and he looked down at her, “Who was it?” He gave her a soft smile and ruffled her hair, “Nothing important. Don't worry about it.”

“Was it unnie? I wanted to talk to her too!” Junghwa pouted. He chuckled, “I want to talk to her too, but she's working right now. We can go see her in a few more hours, alright?”

“Aw, so long!” She complained as she rolled around in his lap. He rolled his eyes and pinched her nose, “I have to wait too. You don't see me complaining.”

She tilted her head, “But oppa complains all the time.”

 

His mouth dropped, “Hey! I do not.” Junghwa giggled and made a 'V' sign with her hands. He rolled his eyes in amusement,

Alphabet oppa should have never taught you that.”

The door to the store opened and the both of them looked up. His eyes rounded when he saw who it was and he immediately got up.

Mrs. Lee and his mother were both standing there. They walked in, and his mother approached him first. Junghwa jumped off his lap and into her arms.

“Thank you for taking care of the store today, Jungkook. It must have been tiring for you.” Mrs. Lee smiled as she came over to give him a pat on the back. He shook his head, “Nah. I'm good.”

His mother looked up at him, “I'll take care of Junghwa, so you're free to do whatever you'd like.” Mrs. Lee coughed, “He's probably going to see Hanuel.”

His ears flamed red and he looked away, embarrassed that an adult would say that.

His mother laughed, “Of course. I'm fine now, so you can go.” He looked at her with worried eyes, “Are you sure?”

Junghwa pushed him away, “I can take care of mommy! Go away oppa!” Jungkook scowled at her, “Hey, what are you talking about? You're so tiny.”

“Oppa is too.”

The two mothers laughed and Jungkook rolled his eyes. He looked at the two and bowed,

“I'll be going then.”

Mrs. Jeon's smile drooped a bit, “I hope he knows that I'm worried about him too.” Mrs. Lee gave her a weary smile,

“I'm sure he knows. He's a strong boy so he'll be fine.”

- - - - -

By the time Jungkook made it to the cafe, Hanuel was just about done her shift. He waited for her outside the cafe. He yawned, and checked his watch for the time. His eyebrows creased together when he realized she was late. He took out his phone to text her when the door opened.

“I can't believe you actually did that, Zelo.”

He looked up at the familiar voice and his eyes narrowed at the scene.

Zelo laughed, "Yep. Himchan hyung didn't even notice that it was gone. See how much of a ninja I am?" Hanueul chuckled in response.

His girlfriend- his girlfriend was laughing at something that blonde skyscraper said.

Why the hell did she look so happy?

What happened to no eye-contact?

No talking either?

He walked over and purposely cleared his throat. The two looked up, and Zelo smirked at his expression.

“'Sup?” He greeted. He turned back to Hanuel and gave her a wink, one that sent shivers down Jungkook's spine.

“See you tomorrow.”

Hanuel nodded and waved as he walked away, “See y-” Her voice came out muffled when Jungkook slapped his hand over . She frowned in disapproval and glared up at him,

“What do you think you're doing?”

“So much for no eye-contact! What was that wink?” He accused. Hanuel rolled her eyes and walked off, “He did it. Not me.”

“Oh, so it's okay if he makes moves on you and you do nothing about it?” He mocked. She shrugged, “It's not like I'm doing anything to return it.” He gasped, “How could you say that?”

“If he kisses you, it's fine if you do nothing back!?” Hanuel clucked her tongue at his childishness, “Jungkook, calm down.” He scowled and crossed his arms over his chest, turning the other way.

“No. You cheated on me.”

“Jungkook-”

“I cannot believe you.”

“Seriously, we're in the middle of the streets.”

“I am so hurt.”

“I'm going to leave you.”

“Cheater!”

“You're acting so immature, Jungkook.” She sighed as she walked up to him and leaned up to give him a kiss on the cheek.“Happy now?” She asked. His face immediately brightened, “One more?” She pushed his face away with her palm,

“Yeah, no.”

“Fine. Then can you at least hang out with me today?” He asked. She looked up at him, “Sure.” He grinned and grabbed her hand, interlocking it with his as they walked down the streets.

“Did you manage the store fine?” Hanuel asked, turning to look at his side profile. Jungkook hummed in response,

“No.”

Her eyes widened and she stopped walking, “Why? What happened?!” He turned to her with a serious look plastered onto his face.

“I missed you so much I almost died.”

Her face fell, “Oh my god.” He chuckled, bringing her fist up to give it a quick peck, “I managed fine.” She pulled her hand away when she felt the heat rush up to her cheeks,

“You couldn't have told me that first?”

“No. I'm not a normal person, remember?”

They walked along in silence and bliss until they came to the park. Jungkook turned to her, “Want to stay here?” She shrugged, “I don't really mind.”

He led the way down the path and they took a seat on a bench that was hidden from the sun's rays. He turned to look at her.

At the same time, Hanuel turned to see what he was up to. Her eyes widened when she realized he was staring at her.

Intently.

“What?”

He sent her a smile that made her all giddy on the inside, “Nothing. I just felt like staring at you.” She rolled her eyes, but smiled, “You weirdo.”

“We can be weird together.”


“No thank you.”

He chuckled, and let go of her hand. He put them around his head and leaned back against the bench.

“My dad wants to meet me tonight.” He stated. Hanuel turned to him in surprise, “Are you going to?” He closed his eyes and sighed, “I want to. I want to know what the hell is going on.”

The only thing she could think of saying was a simple “Ah.” Hanuel looked down at her hands in her lap, “Then, I hope everything goes well.” He peeked one eye open to see her distressed face and he softened. He straightened up and turned her to face him.

“Why do you look so upset? I'm the one that should be worrying, so you don't have to.”

“Like I said before, Jungkook. I'm worried about you.”

Her eyes widened when he adjusted himself, and lay his head down onto her lap. He smiled up at her,

“I like you. I like you a lot, Hanuel.”

She smiled at his sweet words and lightly played with his hair,

“I like you too. A lot.”

However, the reaction from him was unexpected.

He took their intertwined hands and covered his face with it. She looked down at him questioningly.

“Ah. See, I told you. It's so rare for you to say such things that I have no time to prepare myself- or my heart.” He removed his hand to look her in the eye,

“What happened to laughing, and then brushing off my love confessions?”

She leaned down closer to his face,

“It doesn't seem appropriate to play around at a time like this that's why.”

Without warning, he angled himself upwards to kiss her on the lips. She smiled into the kiss, and she felt his lips hitch up as well. When they pulled back, they were both breathless.

Jungkook smiled up at her and then closed his eyes,

“You keep showing me new sides of you that I've never seen before.”

- - - - -

Jungkook looked up as the large building came into view. He felt his throat close up as he got closer, yet, he pushed himself to continue.

 

He reached the door to the restaurant and he contemplated whether or not he should go in. His thoughts were interrupted when a couple pushed open the door to leave. Jungkook looked up in surprise and bowed to them,

“I'm sorry.”

The guy waved it off, “No problem, man.”

With a deep breathe, he gripped onto the handle, and swung the door open. His eyes immediately locked onto his father who was currently sitting behind the counter. He looked up, and his eyes widened when he saw his son. He got up and walked over,

“You made it, Jungkook.”

Jungkook avoided his eyes, “Yeah.” His father seemed to notice his discomfort. He called out his name, and waved him towards the staff room in the back. Jungkook wordlessly followed him.

“Sit.” His father instructed once the door closed. Jungkook sat down, and kept quiet.

After sitting in silence for a while, his father finally spoke up.

“I'm sorry that all this had to happen.”

Jungkook stayed still.

He could hear the sincerity in his voice, and that only made him more confused.

“Then why does this have to happen at all?” He whispered. His father look at him, “This problem is something we both can't fix, Jungkook. I'm sorry.”

“You and mom could have sat down to talk this over, couldn't you? Why do you have to call a divorce? What will happen to Junghwa and I?!” Jungkook exclaimed.

His father looked down at his outburst.

“Nothing will happen.”

Jungkook froze. He slowly looked up at his father,

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing will happen to you two. You guys will stay with your mother- without me by your side.” His father confessed. Jungkook blinked, “What-”

“I can't stay with you guys so your mother will take care of you. Like she always has. She was always the better parent.”

“That's not true.” Jungkook choked out. Unknowingly, the tears that he tried so hard to keep in came running down.

 

His mind whirled, and he couldn't control his own emotions.

This was too much for him to take in.

Their family was falling apart, and he couldn't even do anything about it.

He didn't want to lose his father- he really didn't.

 

His father- did he no longer love him? What was going on?

 

Dad, please. You took care of us well. You took care of me and you took even better care of Junghwa despite how busy you became. I don't see the problem in that at all.”

“Jungkook-”

“Why can't you two just stay together!? I don't want to lose my dad. I don't want this to happen. I don't want it to.” He cried out.

“Jungkook, listen. You two will stay with your mother. There's no doubt that she will be able to take care of you.”

Jungkook buried his face into his arms, “I don't want this to happen at all! Why does this have to happen? We were a happy family, weren't we?” His father felt his heart break at the sight of his son in tears. He put a comforting hand on his back.

“We were. You still will be even if I'm not here. Your mother can't stand my temper- and to be honest- neither can I. I can notice the changes in myself, Jungkook.”

Jungkook bit his lip and looked up at his father, “What are you talking about? Why do you make this seem as if it's all your fault?”

“It's because it is. If only I- never mind. Don't worry about it.”

 

How can I not worry?”

“All I wanted to do tonight is apologize. I love you, my son. Never think that I didn't.” His father spoke up. Jungkook used the end of his t-shirt to wipe away the tears.

“You don't have to apologize, dad.”

“I'm sorry that I won't be able to play the role as your father any longer, Jungkook. I am so sorry.”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

tumblr_inline_msmjaeeRj21qz4rgp.gif

Trolololololol what just happened :B 
confused, right???? Can you guys take a guess as to whats happening?


Lmao, bye! :D
yay shortest author's note yet ever. otl though- i kinda cried writing this but that's because i'm a big softie :'(