Mutual Feelings

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel stole a quick glance at Jungkook after drinking some of her soup. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw him chatting away with his parents as if nothing happened just half-an-hour ago. She huffed and her attention was stolen when Junghwa started asking her questions.

Jungkook smirked in amusement.

He noticed.

His mom raised an eyebrow, “Is something funny?” He grinned, “Yeah. It's nothing, mom.” She shrugged and turned back to her own bowl.

“Have you been keeping up with that new drama?” Hanuel's mother asked. Mrs. Jeon nodded excitedly, “Yes, I have! What did you think of the latest episode?” Mrs. Lee nodded, “There were so many scenes that just pulled on my heartstrings.”

“My favourite part was when the male actor kissed her on top of the head. Now that was absolutely adorable.”

Hanuel choked on her soup and her dad turned around in surprise as he gave her a pat on her back. Jungkook looked down to cover up his laughter with his fist. Junghwa's eyes were wide, and by now, everyone was looking at her. Hanuel waved her hands and ducked her head in embarrassment,

“Sorry. The soup was hot.” She coughed and her dad frowned, “Let it cool down first then. I don't want you burning your tongue.” She meekly smiled, “Okay dad.” Hanuel looked up and met eyes with him. She glared at Jungkook who bobbed his shoulders up and down with a big smile plastered on his face.

Junghwa looked at the two and tilted her head in confusion.

Huh?

- - - - -

Jungkook was lying on his bed with one leg propped. He turned his head to look out the window and he yawned. The adults were downstairs, drinking and talking while the kids were all upstairs. Junghwa was asleep, while he was wide awake. He then twisted his body to look at the door.

Should he go over?

What if she was asleep?

Wouldn't she get mad?

Heck- when did that ever stop him?

He walked passed Junghwa's bed, and pulled her blanket back over her before closing the door behind him. He walked along the wooden floors until he arrived at her door. He knocked before opening.

Hanuel turned her head from the window ledge and her eyes widened. She turned back around, “Why are you in my room?”

 

I missed you.” He replied as he walked closer to her. She rolled her eyes, “Please go away, ual harasser.” He raised an eyebrow, “What happened to calling me an idiot?”

“You're way past that level of stupidity, it seems.”

“Why are you being so mean to me?”

She whirled around, “Because somebody decided to kiss me randomly on the-” She trailed off when she realized how close his face was to hers. He tilted his head, “Continue.” She scoffed and pushed his head back, “Stop it.” She pushed past him and plopped onto her bed in a sprawled out position. Hanuel buried her face into the pillow.

“Stupid Jeon Jungkook!” She shouted. He chuckled in amusement, “You know I can hear you?” She looked up, “I know. Good.” He sat on the edge of her bed and she curled up into a ball- on the farthest side of the bed away from him.

“Want to go for a walk?”

She turned around, “What? It's dark outside.” He raised an eyebrow, “That didn't stop you last time.” fell open, “That's because I couldn't sleep!” He shrugged, “I doubt you'll get any sleep with me here either.”

“Then get out.”

“I'm bored.”

“Don't come bothering me then!”

“Let's go.” He urged. She frowned and pulled the blanket over herself, “No.” He sighed, “Please?” She shook her head from under the blanket, “No way.”

“Hanuel.” He called out.

No reply.

He furrowed his eyebrows and shook her shoulder. When there was no reaction, he shook her harder.

She finally snapped.

“Fine! I'll go! You're so annoying!”

He grinned, “It would have been much easier if you agreed from the start.”

- - - - -

“Did you even tell the parents?” Hanuel asked as they walked down the trail. He shrugged, “I doubt they'll care.” She gasped, “Jungkook! Go back and tell them!”

“I don't want to get yelled at.”

“Why would they yell at you?”

“They're enjoying themselves. Don't be such a mood-ruiner, Hanuel. Jeez.”

She ignored him and continued walking. He chuckled from behind.

“Where are we walking to, doofus?”

He jerked his head to the forest and her eyes rounded.

“You want us to go in there!?” She exclaimed. He nodded, “Why? Don't tell me you're scared.” She straightened up, “No. But if I get bit by bugs, I'm blaming you.” He rolled his eyes and led the way. Hanuel looked around, sceptical of the whole ordeal.

“What if we get lost?”

“I know the way, calm down. Plus, I'm here to protect you.” He puffed out his chest. Hanuel backed away, “I am calm and please don't do that again.”

“Doesn't seem like you are.”

They walked for a while longer in silence. Hanuel glanced up at him and she furrowed her eyebrows.

Something told her this wasn't just a walk.

Jungkook pulled a tree branch out of the way for her to cross. She ducked her head and when she looked up, her jaw dropped.

“What is this?” Hanuel whispered.

Surrounding them were tall trees, covering up the view of the sky. But at the opening, there was the clear sight of the moon, reflecting itself on to a small pond below. Small bushes, plants and some flowers were sprouting all over the grass.

It looked so surreal to her.

Jungkook grinned, “Doesn't it look cool?” She nodded, still in a daze, “How did you find this?”

“Google.”

She turned around and gave him a look. He chuckled, “I'm kidding. Hoseok hyung told me to check this out when I got the chance.” She nodded in understanding and turned back around. Hanuel walked towards the pond and crouched down to get a better look. Jungkook walked up behind her and crouched down as well.

“Do you know why I decided to bring you here?” He asked. Hanuel blinked, “ Don't tell me this is some sick joke and you're going to leave me here alone.”

“It's a perfect place to talk, don't you think?”

“We talk everyday. What's the difference?”

Jungkook mentally facepalmed.

Seriously?

“I want to talk about us.” He stated. Hanuel tilted her head, “Us? What about us?” He sat down completely on the ground and drew his knees in.

“What am I to you, exactly?” He whispered. She became speechless at the question.

Now that she thought about it- what was he to her?

“My neighbour?” She replied, although it ended up sounding like a question itself. He sighed, “Nothing else? Not even a friend?”

“I guess you are. But what's up with the question?” Jungkook turned his body to face her and her eyes rounded at the direct contact.

“Because I can't tell what you're thinking.” He confessed. Hanuel's face fell, “More like I can't tell what's on your mind.” Jungkook looked up in surprise, “What do you mean?”

“What am I to you?” She asked. He raised an eyebrow but then he grinned, “My everything.”

Hanuel groaned in frustration, “See! This is why I can't tell what you're thinking! I can't tell when you're joking and I can't tell when you're being serious. Why the hell do you have to be so confusing, Jungkook?”

“Does that bother you?”

“Yes, it does.”

He chuckled and she looked up, “What's so funny?” He got back into a crouching position, “There's one simple thing I can do and then you'll know exactly what's on my mind.” He leaned over and ducked his head down. Her breath hitched, “What are you doing?” Jungkook tilted his head, and even though it was dark, she could see that boyish grin of his.

“Showing you what's on my mind.”

He put both of his palms on the ground beside her and angled his head. She was about to say something when Jungkook leaned down.

He kissed her.

On the lips.

Hanuel froze and her eyes crossed together. Not to mention, her chest was pounding. Her cheeks felt hot and her brain felt like it was going to explode. Her stomach felt queasy and her mind was all hazy too.

She used one hand and was about to push him back when he grabbed onto her wrist. He pulled back and wrapped his arms around her. Hanuel let out a small squeak at the contact.

“Now does it look like I'm being serious or not?”

“I can't tell-”

He rolled his eyes and tightened his arms around her, “I like you, Lee Hanuel. I have for a while now. Do you know how long I've waited to even tell you this?”

Her jaw dropped.

Jungkook liked her?

When she didn't respond, he continued.

“I can't tell whether the feelings are mutual or not, but I'm willing to wait. It just pissed me off when you don't know what I'm feeling. It doesn't help that you're so dense.”

“Jungkook.” She whispered.

He pulled back and looked at her, “Yeah?” His eyes rounded when she used her hand and pulled his neck down.

“Sorry.” She apologized.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, “Why are you apologizing?”

Instead of replying to his question, she elevated herself with her other hand and gave him a quick kiss. His eyes doubled in size but when she pulled back, he slightly frowned.

“Now we both know what's on each others minds.”

He looked down at her in surprise, “The feelings are mutual?”

“I'm sorry it took me such a long time to realize this. I probably seemed like an idiot, huh?”

“Sort of.” He admitted. She looked up at him and scowled, “Jerk.” He chuckled and grabbed both her hands to intertwine their fingers together, “I'm kidding.”

“Minjung told me.”

“What? What about her?”

Hanuel gave his hands a squeeze and looked up at him with a soft smile, “She was the one who helped me realize my feelings.”

“Hey Hanuel! How's your trip coming along? I'm so bored here without you.”

“It's fine. We went to the beach earlier.”

“Oh, really? How was that?”

“It was fun. But, uh, Minjung?”

“What's up?”

“I'm confused.”

“About what?”


“About what I feel around Jungkook.”

“Wait, seriously? What are you feeling?”

“I don't know. Usually, I'd be annoyed by his physical contact, but why am I feeling so flustered and nervous now? Is something wrong with me?”

“Nothing's wrong with you. More like, something good's happening.”

“What?”

“Hanuel, have you ever considered what he actually is to you?”

“No. Why would I do that?”

“Jungkook's going to have to thank me for this later.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Hanuel, you like him, don't you?”

“Not really. I hate him actually.”

“I meant as a guy. You have romantic feelings for him. That's why you're feeling so flustered. You're starting to notice that you act differently around him. You even told me about that hug with Zelo and then that hug with him. Didn't you notice that the reactions were different?”

“I don't like him though. Do I?”

“You know what? If you're not sure about this, give it some time. Although, almost everyone around you two have noticed for a while now. Now that you know for yourself, be more aware of it. If you're ready, ask him about what he feels. Then you'll know.”

“Okay then.”

“I gotta go. I'll talk to you when you get back from your trip. I hope everything goes well!”

“Oh, alright. Thanks a lot, Minjung. Bye.”

“No problem. That's what best friends are for right?”


Jungkook chuckled after hearing her story, “I really do owe her one, don't I?”

“When did you realize all this?" She whispered. Jungkook sat back down beside her, hands still connected.

“A long way back.”

She frowned, “You're not going to tell me when?” He chuckled, “Does it matter?” She thought about it, “Well, I guess not.”

“Should we head back now?” He asked. She nodded and let out a small yawn, “Yeah.” He softened at her cute expression and he helped her up.

They walked back along the trail.

 

Hanuel felt like dying from her embarrassment and shyness after all that. She wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there.


Jungkook turned his head and he noticed her pale face, “Are you cold? Here, you can have my jacket.” She looked up at him and waved her hands, “No, no. I'm fine!” He raised an eyebrow,

“What's wrong with your voice?”

“My voice? Nothing!” Hanuel claimed and quickly let go of his hand. She speed-walked ahead of him and Jungkook sighed.

He should have known.

“Why did I do that!? Oh my god. I'm going to die.” He heard her shout from ahead. He let out a chuckle in amusement when he saw her clutch onto her hair.

Yeah.

Even her mental breakdown seemed cute to him.

This was the girl he fell head over heels for. 

photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif
>:D Yay for summer romance~

Okay bye guys! LOLOL. 
tumblr_static_tumblr_m3oh3r4kli1qgy16y.g