Hug

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel.”

“Hanuel, wake up.”

“Dear, wake up.”

She furrowed her eyebrows in her sleep. Hanuel peeked open an eye to see Mrs. Jeon leaning over her and her eyes widened as she quickly scrambled to sit up.

“Ah, you finally woke up. Your mom called to ask where you were. Did you want to stay the night or-”

“I fell asleep!?” Hanuel gasped as she straightened up. That's when her eyes zeroed down onto Jungkook. She froze for a second, but then fell open.

“I fell asleep with him!?” She whispered in bewilderment. Mrs. Jeon chuckled, “I don't think he'd do anything. But are you going to stay? Your mom said it was fine if you did since it's almost midnight now.” Hanuel snapped out of her thoughts, “No, it's fine auntie. I'll just go back. Thank you for waking me up.”

Mrs. Jeon smiled, gave her head a pat, and walked out of the room. Hanuel walked over to the desk and picked up her study sheets. She put them back into her binder before getting her textbook. She glanced down at Jungkook who was sleeping on his side- on the very edge of the bed. She blinked.

At least he didn't sleep that close.

She took note that he didn't have the blanket over him, which was probably why he was all curled up. She felt bad now since she probably took the blanket from him. But then her eyes narrowed.

He didn't have to fall asleep with her.

Couldn't he have just woken her up?

She groaned in dissatisfaction and put her textbook down. She hopped over and grabbed the ends of the fabric before pulling it up to his shoulders. She then hopped over to his desk, took a sticky note, and wrote a little message for him. She laughed to herself and stuck it onto his forehead before grabbing her textbook. Hanuel hopped over to the other side of the room, turned off the lights, and closed the door behind her.

- - - - -

“Oppa!”

“Cookie oppa!”

“Mommy! Cookie oppa won't wake up!”

“Cookie cookie!”

Junghwa pouted when her brother showed no response. But when he turned his body, she tilted her head when she saw a note stuck onto his forehead. She shook him harder, and this time- he woke up. Jungkook groaned when he realized how bright it was and he used his arm to cover his eyes. Junghwa giggled when she realized her brother was awake.

“Hi oppa! Mommy told me to wake you up for school. Your first exam is today right?”

Jungkook sighed and sat up, lifting her up onto his lap, “Why are you awake so early?” She shook her head back and forth, “I woke up because the sun was so pretty!” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “The sun doesn't have a personality, Jungie.” She blinked, “What does that mean?”

“Never mind.” He got up and set her onto the ground. Junghwa held up a little piece of paper and he narrowed his eyes, “What's that?” Junghwa put it into his hands and ran out of the room, “I found it on your forehead, oppa!”

He raised an eyebrow.

Forehead?

He turned it over to see what it was all about. He immediately recognized the handwriting.

If you did anything to me while I was asleep, I'll kill you, idiot. D:<

He grinned and crumpled up the paper. Jungkook threw it into the garbage can and walked out of his room to head into the washroom.

- - - - -

Hanuel glanced up at the clock. Then back to her exam. Then she looked back at the time. Then back to her paper. She bit her lip.

Should she check it over again?

Right when she turned the first page, the teacher stood up.

“Alright, time's up. I'll come around to collect your exams.”

Hanuel sighed and turned her paper over for him to collect. When he passed by, she handed it to him and she instantly felt like a big weight had just been lifted off her shoulders. The students began packing up their bags, and so did she. She picked up her bag and got up to walk out of the room.

Kangdae walked up to her as they entered the hallway, “How was the exam?” She turned to him, “Oh, it was alright. It wasn't too hard. How about you?” He nodded, “It went good.” She nodded back slowly.

“I hope to see you in my classes next year. Have an awesome summer, Hanuel.” He smiled. She nodded and returned the smile, “I hope you have a good summer too, Kangdae. See you next year.” Hanuel walked down the hallway and took out her phone to see if her parents had called her or anything. She looked up after turning it off and she halted.

Jungkook grinned, “Hey. How was your exam? Did you fail?” She glared at him, “I did not. I think I did alright.”

“You must be glad we're not betting on this exam.” Jungkook chuckled. She rolled her eyes, “We don't even have Math together so we can't compare that. But I'll beat you in the Health exam for sure.” He bobbed his shoulders up and down, “Are you so sure about that?”

She nodded, “I'm doing fine in my other three subjects, so I'll study the most for that one.”

“I hope you fail Science.”

She scoffed, ignored him and walked past him. Jungkook smirked and followed after her.

“What, are you mad now?”

“Stop talking to me.”

“Somebody's grouchy.”

Jungkook.”

“Yes?”

“Shut up, please.”

- - - - -

Three days passed by since then, and it was the day of the last exam in school. Hanuel, like she said she would, studied the hardest for this one exam. While Jungkook, he studied for his other major subjects instead.

He erased an answer on his page, and added in a few more details before turning it over. He smiled, glad that he was finished. He looked up to see Hanuel sitting a few rows in front of him. She had her head down and was writing down her answers at such a fast pace that it looked like she was scribbling. He looked up at the clock, hanging above the chalkboard.

3 minutes left.

He leaned back in his chair and stared out the window.

Yeah.

He knew he'd beat her.

When the teacher called a stop on all the writing, he looked up to see her reaction. She looked flustered as she flipped to the third page once again to scan over everything. He tilted his head to look at her when the teacher came around to collect his paper.

“Well, that was your last exam. I hope you guys have a wonderful summer!” The teacher called out as the students ran out with cheers. Hanuel did a face plant on her desk and Jungkook got up to walk over to her.

“What, did you fail this one too?”

She pouted at him, “I missed that one question.” He raised an eyebrow, “Which one?” She sighed and packed up her bag, “I'm not telling you.”

“You failed, didn't you?”


“I did not!”

“Then which question was it?”


She got up, “It doesn't even matter, Jungkook. Go away.” He put his hands into his pockets, “I can't. We have to go home together.”

They walked out of the classroom and into the hallway. But before they turned the corner, one of Jungkook's friends called for him down the hall. He turned around, “I'll be right back. I'll meet you at the bus stop.” She nodded as he ran down the hall. She her heels and headed out of the school.

She walked out of the school's main door and headed to the bus stop across the road. Hanuel stood under the tree to hide away from the sun.

“Hey, Hanuel!”

She looked up at the voice and her eyes rounded.

“Ah, Zelo.” He grinned and walked over to her. “How was your exam?” She smiled, “Good. How about yours?” He chuckled and sheepishly rubbed his neck, “I might have bombed it, but that's alright.” She laughed, “I don't think you would.”

“Are you heading home now?”

She nodded, “Taking the bus.” He nodded in understanding before taking a step back. She blinked in confusion.

“What are you-”

Zelo then opened up his arms and tilted his head. “Will you give me a hug since I probably won't see you for the summer?” Her eyes widened and she pointed to herself, “Me!?”

“No, I guess I'll just hug that tree behind you instead.” He chuckled. Hanuel blinked, and she contemplated the idea.

A friendly hug wouldn't hurt.

She nodded, “Okay.” His face lit up as he walked over and put his arms around her. fell open now that he was so close.

He was a lot taller than he looked.

Wow.

She lightly put one arm around his back, gave him a soft pat, and stepped back. She smiled, “Well then, I hope you have a wonderful summer Zelo.” He nodded, “I hope you do as well. See you next year!” He waved and walked across down the street. She waved back as his figure became smaller and smaller in the distance.

She heard the bus come from around the corner, and her eyes rounded.

Was Jungkook not going to make it?

As it stopped in front of her, she looked around for any sight of him before finally getting on. She swiped her card and walked towards the middle seats of the bus to sit down. She looked out the window to see Jungkook sprint across the street and onto the bus.

He locked eyes with her and his narrowed slightly while hers flickered in surprise. He walked over to sit beside her and she raised an eyebrow.

“Did something happen?”

He nodded, “Yeah.”

“What is it?”

“I'll tell you when we get back to the apartment building.”

She blinked at his annoyed tone, but nodded, “Alright then.”

- - - - -

They both got off the bus right across the street from the apartment building. They waited at the intersection before crossing. Jungkook opened the door for her and they went inside.

Hanuel was more than happy that the elevator was fixed a few days ago and she didn't have to go through the treacherous physical activity of hopping up the flights of stairs.

When the elevator came to their floor, Hanuel stepped out first. She was about to put in the key to her apartment when she felt arms wrap around her waist. She stiffened immediately when she felt the warmth of his body against her back.

“Jungkook-”

“How come you let that blonde skyscraper hug you willingly, yet you won't let me?” He tightened his arms around her and her eyes widened.

What the hell was he doing?

“You saw?”

“I saw how you willingly went into his arms.” He hissed. She blinked, “Why are you so upset? It's just a friendly hug.”

“You've never willingly hugged me.”

“It's because you never ask-”

Jungkook pulled back and turned her around, “Then, will you give me a hug?”

Her face pinked, “You can't just randomly ask that!” He narrowed his eyes, “Zelo can, so why can't I?” fell open at his remark, “I don't-” She sighed in exasperation.

“Fine. As a thanks for helping me study.” She muttered. She walked up to him and hesitantly wrapped her arms around his waist. Jungkook's eyes rounded.

He didn't think she'd actually do it.

He softened and wrapped his arms around her. Hanuel squeezed her eyes shut.

There it went again.

The drumming in her chest.

Why was she feeling so nervous?

Was this feeling even nervousness? Or was it something else?

“Can you let me go now?” She whispered after a few seconds. Jungkook nodded and reluctantly loosened his hold. He gave her a small smile, a pat on the head and then walked over to his apartment. Jungkook opened up the door and went inside. She watched him walk in and she took a deep breath to calm down.

She didn't have any reaction when she gave Zelo a hug. She felt perfectly normal. 

So why was there one when she hugged Jungkook? 


Why was her heart beating at such a rapid pace? 
musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

I wasn't supposed to update today, but since I'm done summer school and I'm in a happy mood- I did anyway! :D 

Thank you to all of you who wished me luck on the exam x) I think I did okay. It wasn't that hard.... :') 

Also, thanks to all my new susbcribers! Thank you guys for commenting too ;~; It makes me smile. But yeah! I hope you guys liked the chapter >:D 

Bye! :]